Captain Nemo

Harry Potter 2021 - Rumors & Discussion

1 hour ago, lego_guyon02 said:

That's not really a leak though, it's taken straight from the official picture of the Accessory Pack which was added to S@H more than 2 weeks ago. 

Perfect for Diagon Alley. I need some generic wizards and Mr. Borgnine. Thanks for head-up. 

That's not really a leak though, it's taken straight from the official picture of the Accessory Pack which was added to S@H more than 2 weeks ago. 

Oh dang, how could I have not noticed it came in the accessory pack :wacko:

It's a great piece nevertheless. 

Cant wait to get the accessory pack in 3 weeks. Lego has this weird pattern of saying they will release on the first then releasing them much later in the month.

Anyways only 2 days left till the sets release!!!!

Edited by Surge

Some people are getting lucky and getting the sets early at targets. Some targets still have them street dated some don’t so it’s luck of the draw

2 hours ago, Surge said:

Anyways only 2 days left till the sets release!!!!

Can't wait! Feels like we've known about them for so long now I'm so ready to see them in person. :sweet:

On that note, I've posted a thread in Buying and Selling about how I'm going to keep the figs, but sell the builds. Any interested UK buyers check it out. :thumbup:

I took me whole day to build all 5 sets which have arrived today. For 16 cards i got 50/50... Not very lucky - 4 Salazars for example :/ Waiting for chess set - maybe it will get better :)

Hogsmeade is for sure the best set but for big transparent stickers on the Honeyduke widnows someone should get fired ^^' Second place goes to Chamber of Secrets. The Great Hall section I didn't like but the rest is perfect + minifigs and creatures are pure gold ;) Tied for third place Flying lesson and Bathroom. Hard to decide which one is better. Hogwarts grounds is a very good set on its own but the bathroom is super cute and I like the minifigs better. Last place goes to Fluffy set. Fluffy himself I liked but the castle build is so boring. Small tower section is saving it a little but the sticker in the cone was hard to get porperly done. Minifigs are boring as well.

All sets combined as presented by Lego with Flying lesson and Hogsmeade added on the ends make a very colorful an cheerful display. I'm very pleased with the final effect :)

1 hour ago, (Insert Name Here) said:

The only reason I'd want to live in America right now is because you have shops like Target where Lego can just turn up.

We may sometimes get new releases a few days early but we rarely get the really big discounts off rrp that other countries get.  Some are lucky enough to find great clearance deals but those are few & far between and never on new releases.  Eventually we may get up to 20% off on smaller sets but rarely on more expensive sets.

5 hours ago, karrit said:

We may sometimes get new releases a few days early but we rarely get the really big discounts off rrp that other countries get.  Some are lucky enough to find great clearance deals but those are few & far between and never on new releases.  Eventually we may get up to 20% off on smaller sets but rarely on more expensive sets.

The Chamber of Secrets set for example costs 150 euro here and discounted we can buy it for 120, which is roughly 145 USD and thus still more expensive than the US. Those really big discounts sound great on paper but are mostly there to "rectify" LEGO's awful conversions.

The Chamber of Secrets set for example costs 150 euro here and discounted we can buy it for 120, which is roughly 145 USD and thus still more expensive than the US. Those really big discounts sound great on paper but are mostly there to "rectify" LEGO's awful conversions.

Worth noting though that we have high VAT rates compared to the US (in Germany it's 19% tacked on; in the US, adding state and local averages, it ranges anywhere from 0 - 10%), and our VAT is included in the prices where there's is added on at point of sale. Given the existence of those variable local taxes, manufacturers probably couldn't reasonably advertise with the final prices there either. But in order to compare, at 19% VAT you'd have to deduct about 16% of the price to get to our pre-tax price. So using your example, the 140 EUR S@H charges in Germany for the CoS is 117,60 EUR pre-taxes. Still more than the US, but then our store-clerks' wages are higher, too (certainly by the time health insurance, vacation time and sick days are factored in). That needs covering.

I don't know if it would help you or @THELEGOBATMAN, but given you're in neighbouring countries, maybe it might... I use brickmerge and geizhals to help track down low lego prices (and then search Smyths and jbspielwaren by hand to compare). Some of the stores ship "ins Ausland" outside of Germany. One store I was just looking at (taschengelddieb) had middling good reductions (about 15%) and free shipping to NL and Poland at the 200 price point, which (unfortunately) was all too easy to reach. (My change purse is suffering... :laugh:) CoS, as I've mentioned, doesn't presently seem to be available at a discount in Germany, however, not until August. 

Along those lines, I'd love to know what price tracking some of you use, as I was hoping not to wait until August. (Always ask a local...)

2 hours ago, krimimimi said:

I don't know if it would help you or @THELEGOBATMAN, but given you're in neighbouring countries, maybe it might... I use brickmerge and geizhals to help track down low lego prices (and then search Smyths and jbspielwaren by hand to compare). Some of the stores ship "ins Ausland" outside of Germany. One store I was just looking at (taschengelddieb) had middling good reductions (about 15%) and free shipping to NL and Poland at the 200 price point, which (unfortunately) was all too easy to reach. (My change purse is suffering... :laugh:) CoS, as I've mentioned, doesn't presently seem to be available at a discount in Germany, however, not until August.

In Poland I use promoklocki.pl, which has all the offers for a set from Polish retailers. It's great for discount-hunting.

3 hours ago, krimimimi said:

Worth noting though that we have high VAT rates compared to the US (in Germany it's 19% tacked on; in the US, adding state and local averages, it ranges anywhere from 0 - 10%), and our VAT is included in the prices where there's is added on at point of sale. Given the existence of those variable local taxes, manufacturers probably couldn't reasonably advertise with the final prices there either. But in order to compare, at 19% VAT you'd have to deduct about 16% of the price to get to our pre-tax price. So using your example, the 140 EUR S@H charges in Germany for the CoS is 117,60 EUR pre-taxes. Still more than the US, but then our store-clerks' wages are higher, too (certainly by the time health insurance, vacation time and sick days are factored in). That needs covering.

Along those lines, I'd love to know what price tracking some of you use, as I was hoping not to wait until August. (Always ask a local...)

The VAT is the same in the Netherlands like in Germany, except ours is 21%.

33 minutes ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

In Poland I use promoklocki.pl, which has all the offers for a set from Polish retailers. It's great for discount-hunting.

I use brickwatch.net for price tracking in the Netherlands. I once looked at ordering from Germany to the Netherlands, but the shipping prices were horrible.

Edited by Salix

14 hours ago, uPawelek said:

I took me whole day to build all 5 sets which have arrived today. For 16 cards i got 50/50... Not very lucky - 4 Salazars for example :/ Waiting for chess set - maybe it will get better :)

Hogsmeade is for sure the best set but for big transparent stickers on the Honeyduke widnows someone should get fired ^^' Second place goes to Chamber of Secrets. The Great Hall section I didn't like but the rest is perfect + minifigs and creatures are pure gold ;) Tied for third place Flying lesson and Bathroom. Hard to decide which one is better. Hogwarts grounds is a very good set on its own but the bathroom is super cute and I like the minifigs better. Last place goes to Fluffy set. Fluffy himself I liked but the castle build is so boring. Small tower section is saving it a little but the sticker in the cone was hard to get porperly done. Minifigs are boring as well.

All sets combined as presented by Lego with Flying lesson and Hogsmeade added on the ends make a very colorful an cheerful display. I'm very pleased with the final effect :)

So exciting! Well except about the card duplicates, wish you more luck on the chess set!

Could you please post a pic of Chamber and Hogsmeade side to side? Cant decide between those two and I would like to get an idea of the size difference :)

Has anyone found the sets in France yet? Jouéclub has not received them yet. I know that the Lego Store in Strasbourg received them at the end of last week but it's too much of a drive. Maybe in supermarkets? I can't wait any longer x)

LEGO.com US still says the Flying Lesson doesn't release until August 1... does anyone know whether it will release at Kohl's on June 1 and everywhere else later (similar to the 2018 sets at Target), or will it just be randomly delayed in the states?

Thanks, @Salix and @THELEGOBATMAN :classic: (when I look at what the postage costs from China, I don't understand how it's that high within the EU.)

50 minutes ago, Retro Brick Reviews said:

LEGO.com US still says the Flying Lesson doesn't release until August 1... does anyone know whether it will release at Kohl's on June 1 and everywhere else later (similar to the 2018 sets at Target), or will it just be randomly delayed in the states?

I've ordered it here and it's expected to ship tomorrow. (I'll let you know if they flake.)

Edited by krimimimi

4 hours ago, Salix said:

The VAT is the same in the Netherlands like in Germany, except ours is 21%.

I use brickwatch.net for price tracking in the Netherlands. I once looked at ordering from Germany to the Netherlands, but the shipping prices were horrible.

I am the owner of multiple LEGO price comparison sites in many countries. We show the prices including shipping costs, therefore you will always have lowest actual price.

I saw some countries mentioned and you could take a look here:

Netherlands: bricklord.nl
Germany: brick-meister.de
Poland: brickmaster.pl
USA: brickcatch.com
France: brickmaster.fr

If you miss some shops to compare on the sites, we would love to add them (if technically possible). Please let me know.

Edited by Brickcatch

Does Amazon usually have sets go up at the same time as Lego  12pm or is that hit or miss?

Just finished building 76386 through 88 :classic: Very happy with these I have to say, Hogsmeade is one of my favourite sets thus far across the entire theme and Fluffy looks a lot better in person (apart from the light bluish grey ball joint receivers, those still suck). The first 5 chocolate frog cards were all unique ones and I thought "this is going well!". Yeah, I jinxed it and the rest were all duplicates :tongue: Hope I get lucky with the other sets once they arrive

With the first 11 sets releasing tomorrow, what are everyone's purchase plans? Here are mine:

Hogwarts Polyjuice Potion Mistake: Day 1 Purchase

Hogwarts Fluffy Encounter: Wait for sale, get eventually

Hogsmeade Village Visit: Day 1 Purchase (Spurred by my recent first visit to Universal)

Hogwarts Chamber of Secrets: Day 1 Purchase

Hogwarts Wizard's Chess: Wait for sale, get eventually

Harry & Hermione Maxifigs: Day 1 Purchase

Fawkes, Dumbledore's Phoenix: Wait for sale, eventual purchase not guaranteed

Hogwarts First Flying Lesson: Get soon, but not Day 1

(That goes for the Brickheadz and Accessory set as well).

Picked up the Wizard’s Chess Set at my local Target. They also had the Fawkes and the Harry & Hermione sets. Can one of my fellow Americans please remind me what time the sets go on sale tonight? Is it 12am EST or 12am PST? I’m so excited to get my hands on these sets! 

12 AM EST

Edited by Dr.Cogg

For anyone in Australia, shopforme.com.au has most of the sets (did not have the flying lesson one) for 20% off with free shipping (for over $200) to some states and $10 shipping to others that aren't eligible. Prices still work out cheaper than Kmart. Just thought i'd share if its useful to anyone. 

32 minutes ago, chris6507 said:

For anyone in Australia, 

While we're at it, David Jones has a 20% off sale running through June 20, so new sets should show up by then one would hope. And free shipping for over $50.

Sorry Americans.

I usually wait til the holidays when I'm in America to buy most sets considering they're much more expensive (even with discounts!) here in Europe. But I'm definitely caving and getting the Polyjuice and Chess sets today. 

Happy LEGO Harry Potter Eve everyone!! Like Christmas but better

Weird we haven't heard any more D2C news, no?