Captain Nemo

Harry Potter 2021 - Rumors & Discussion

14 minutes ago, krimimimi said:

I can't forget the livestream with the designers a few months back

Regarding that, is there anywhere that can be seen now or was it only possible to see live for some stupid reason?!

41 minutes ago, Roebuck said:

Regarding that, is there anywhere that can be seen now or was it only possible to see live for some stupid reason?!

If it helps, it was held on the 19th of March (with Marcos and Fiorella), twice, iirc, and they haven't even posted it amongst their FB video uploads. I'm having a poke around to see if I can find it, but sometimes knowing the date helps narrow things down.

2 hours ago, lego_guyon02 said:

And the Ron and Hermione figs in the AC should have pre-sorting robes.

Something I’m looking forward to more than I thought I would

3 hours ago, NoOneOfImportance said:

Just a heads up: I just saw 76393 in my local Target, so they’re starting to show up in stores.

I just got back from my local Target and tried to buy 76393, but it's street-dated for June 1st. So, they wouldn't sell it to me. They also had the Fawkes and the Fluffy sets out. Didn't try to buy them.

I didn't ask the cashier to try to get around that at all, but it got my hopes up. I preordered that set from LEGO's site and got double VIP points. So, I have one on the way. But I'm very, very excited for my giant Harry and Hermione, and I wish I could've taken it home...

I know all the sets are available from selected retailers but do we know who those retailers are (other than LEGO of course)? I thought target was supposed to be one of them but then they only announced preorders for fawkes, chess, and the buildable figures. Specifically I'd like to know where the Great Hall/Chamber of Secrets set will be sold since its bit of a tradition for me to buy the main castle set as soon as it's available. 

While I'm not a massive fan of the new style I think they are a good call back to the original sets. Seeing them side by side in this video shows how similar they are and if that was their brief well done to the lego team. The chamber is probably the most successful with most of the interiors being of a high standard and the three headed dog set being the worst for the castle build. I'm looking forward to making the chamber and then robbing it of all its good bits. My most anticipated set is Hogsmeade but just because i want to modify it and add some extra buildings.

11 hours ago, NoOneOfImportance said:

Just a heads up: I just saw 76393 in my local Target, so they’re starting to show up in stores.

oooo, if you dont mind saying, what state?

8 hours ago, nicknack116 said:

I just got back from my local Target and tried to buy 76393, but it's street-dated for June 1st. So, they wouldn't sell it to me. They also had the Fawkes and the Fluffy sets out. Didn't try to buy them.

I didn't ask the cashier to try to get around that at all, but it got my hopes up. I preordered that set from LEGO's site and got double VIP points. So, I have one on the way. But I'm very, very excited for my giant Harry and Hermione, and I wish I could've taken it home...

Also what state? (if you dont mind)

23 hours ago, BrickBob Studpants said:

The D2C set is rumoured to be a collection of buildable objects called „Hogwarts Icons“

I've been away from the Harry Potter thread for a few months - and all I can say here is what?

My purse'll be thankful if this turns out to be the case, because honestly I don't see the appeal. On top of that, I can't even work out what objects might be included beyond the Sorting Hat (that shape in that colour would look very bad imo) and maybe a Sword of Gryffindor (which would look iffy unless they use a LOT of chrome pieces imo).

37 minutes ago, Alexandrina said:

I've been away from the Harry Potter thread for a few months - and all I can say here is what?

My purse'll be thankful if this turns out to be the case, because honestly I don't see the appeal. On top of that, I can't even work out what objects might be included beyond the Sorting Hat (that shape in that colour would look very bad imo) and maybe a Sword of Gryffindor (which would look iffy unless they use a LOT of chrome pieces imo).

While no confirmation as that what this exactly means, there has been a fair amount of speculation that this may be a pre-production or series name, and that we really don't know what we're getting yet. It might be buildable objects still in the sense we're all worried about, but I think there is less confidence that is 100% accurate. Apparently the pre production line of new creator expert modular were classified as 'icons', so mybe someyhing similar? That at least is what I understood. Only time will tell however!

Just now, Childe_Roland said:

While no confirmation as that what this exactly means, there has been a fair amount of speculation that this may be a pre-production or series name, and that we really don't know what we're getting yet. It might be buildable objects still in the sense we're all worried about, but I think there is less confidence that is 100% accurate. Apparently the pre production line of new creator expert modular were classified as 'icons', so mybe someyhing similar? That at least is what I understood. Only time will tell however!

Indeed! I remember all the fear early this year when we had no idea what the summer sets would be beyond "disappointing", and a lot of them turned out to be pretty good in the end.

2 minutes ago, Alexandrina said:

Indeed! I remember all the fear early this year when we had no idea what the summer sets would be beyond "disappointing", and a lot of them turned out to be pretty good in the end.

Quite so :classic:. The Polyjuice Potion Mistake and Hogsmeade are quite lovely IMO. And while I don't have a great interest in the rest, they are well made and pay great homage to the original wave. Anything is possible, but I think I'll wait until I see pictures or a much fuller,
detailed explanation of the D2C before I write it off.

The wolf Minifigure tail in brown is available from bricks & pieces right now, would it fit on the Cat-Hermione figure? I wonder if it would clash with the hairpiece or be too long for the shorts legs the other way up...

5 hours ago, Bugbot20082 said:

The wolf Minifigure tail in brown is available from bricks & pieces right now, would it fit on the Cat-Hermione figure? I wonder if it would clash with the hairpiece or be too long for the shorts legs the other way up...

If you mean this part, scroll down to the Wile E. Coyote entry, they have a side shot of the minifig, and I think it'll be too tight a squeeze for Hermione's hair. But! If you look at the Werewolf Drummer, you'll see the piece rotated 180 degrees along the horizontal axis, and if it were facing downwards, it wouldn't be an issue at all, which should work for a cat. The only problem is you'd see a strip of brown across her front. As you can see from the minifigs using the tail, they tend to have a fair amount of the same colour incorporated into the design, which makes that strip blend better. Cat-Hermione doesn't really have that, up to and including her peach-flesh hands. Maybe ordering matching hands would help?

On 5/22/2021 at 9:54 PM, Surge said:

oooo, if you dont mind saying, what state?

Also what state? (if you dont mind)

Utah is where I saw the sets

12 minutes ago, KA1 said:

You will like to D2C if you like 41346....

Ok so that’s a Friends set with oversize walkie talkies which give a good idea of scale for these objects. The Infinity Gauntlet also shows us that even an object in one metallic colour is possible as a Lego set so that definitely means we could get: 

- the Sword of Gryffindor 

- the Golden Snitch 

- The Time-Turner

- Deathly Hallows symbol/necklace

- Slytherin’s locket 

I’m not convinced the Sorting Hat could work but maybe it could be put together with the Sword / Tom Riddles diary 

Still pretty ‚meh‘ on the whole buildable object idea :shrug_confused: I hope the set includes Dumbledoro and at least 10 of the chocolate frog card tiles to spice things up a bit :tongue:

The concept doesn't appeal to me, however it's hard to judge until I've seen. Just can't think of many brickbuild objects in thst scale I would want aroun my house. But maybe it's something that'll really surprise me.

No offense to KA1 intended whatsoever here, but Falconfan and Guyon have been telling us this for months, both having proved themselves reliable, Falconfan for years now, and Guyon has been extremely consistent even if he’s newer to being a source of information for us. How are we just now accepting that this set is buildable items? I understand there was some confusion surrounding some sets earlier in the year but the info was corrected right away. I think a lot of people have been in denial about this D2C for a while, especially once it was confirmed to not be Gringotts

Edited by Balrogofmorgoth

28 minutes ago, Childe_Roland said:

The concept doesn't appeal to me, however it's hard to judge until I've seen. Just can't think of many brickbuild objects in thst scale I would want aroun my house. But maybe it's something that'll really surprise me.

I agree, basically interested in minifigscale sets, however I will reserve my judgement until I see the set. The HP theme have several non minifigscale set that I ended up buying and I am sure this one will look good as well :shrug_oh_well:

43 minutes ago, BrickBob Studpants said:

I hope the set includes Dumbledoro and at least 10 of the chocolate frog card tiles to spice things up a bit 

Chocolate frog cards is fine, but hope there is no minifigs at least if I decide not to buy it:tongue: