Captain Nemo

Harry Potter 2021 - Rumors & Discussion

Bummer that the CoS gets postponed, that was the set I was looking forward to the most out of all the June releases, regardless of theme :sad: 

Regarding the tiles: Getting multiple copies in the same set is annoying, but at least it truly replicates the experience of card-collecting :tongue: At least 16 tiles shouldn’t be that hard to collect, especially since there don’t appear to be any that are more rare than others (unless that’s what the silver printing is for, but I doubt it). Plus, bricklink is a thing. And as @Roebuck points out, anyone boneheaded enough to buy multiple copies of a set just for the tiles is beyond help anyway 

1 hour ago, Roebuck said:

Well Harry did not have his card, but it do not mean that it did not exsist :shrug_oh_well:

Wouldn't Ron still be aware of Nicholas Flamel if he had a card? Though Flamel could very well have received a card post-PS :shrug_oh_well:

1 hour ago, Roebuck said:

If people that want all the cards are so stupid that they think the only option is to buy more copies of the sets they already got then let them :hmpf:
I am sure kids will swap them whit their friends, but we can just buy them of BL and would not surprise me if they turn up on B&P also, or just do like the kids and swap them with other collectors :shrug_oh_well:

^This

1 hour ago, lego_guyon02 said:

Wouldn't Ron still be aware of Nicholas Flamel if he had a card? Though Flamel could very well have received a card post-PS :shrug_oh_well:

Haha, I didn't think of that. I think Ron would've known in that case.

Does it strike anyone else as odd that Ron has hundreds of chocolate frog cards when the Weasley's are meant to be poor?

12 minutes ago, (Insert Name Here) said:

Does it strike anyone else as odd that Ron has hundreds of chocolate frog cards when the Weasley's are meant to be poor?

Must've gotten them from people who didn't particularly care about the cards :shrug_oh_well:

4 hours ago, Roebuck said:

If people that want all the cards are so stupid that they think the only option is to buy more copies of the sets they already got then let them :hmpf:
I am sure kids will swap them whit their friends, but we can just buy them of BL and would not surprise me if they turn up on B&P also, or just do like the kids and swap them with other collectors :shrug_oh_well:

Exactly. I don’t understand all the hate over the Chocolate Frog Cards. They are beautifully designed prints and I can’t wait to get my hands on them. And LEGO is not trying to get parents to buy multiple sets just for these tiny tiles as some kind of cash grab. Kids are going to trade them with each other just like with real cards. It makes the whole anniversary series feel so special and interactive.

4 hours ago, BrickBob Studpants said:

Bummer that the CoS gets postponed, that was the set I was looking forward to the most out of all the June releases, regardless of theme :sad: 

Did I miss something?? Since when is it being postponed? Is that in America, because the site still says June 1st.

Edit: Nvm, found the post, looks like America wont be affected (at least I hope that's the case)

Edited by Surge

2 hours ago, (Insert Name Here) said:

Well, he does have five older brothers, I just figured they where handed down. 

9 hours ago, lego_guyon02 said:

Hermione is clearly the brains of the operation, Ron and Harry not so much :tongue: Ron had around 500 cards and where focusing on the only 2 he was missing, he had 6 of Dumbledore, but could not remember the text so it it possible that the did not remember all the cards either :shrug_oh_well:

7 hours ago, (Insert Name Here) said:

As others have said he has a lot of older brothers and a big family so he probably got a lot from them. In addition chocolate frogs where probably not expensive so maybe he got one as candy some weekends, when he was visiting DA as a treat and for Christmas instead of a broom or a owl he probably got a knitted sweater and a chocolate frog or two :shrug_oh_well:

Here's the PotterMinifigPals video on all the castle parts put together - she creates several different combinations which all look very interesting

Some of the outside is a bit of a mix but I absolutely love how the rooms look put together from the inside, there's just something about seeing them all interconnected that really appeals. Plus the Fluffy Room looks great when it's put higher up

12 hours ago, (Insert Name Here) said:

If the games are anything to go off, Fred and George are indeed the ones to go to to get your Wizard Cards.

6 hours ago, Darth Shadowthrone said:

Here's the PotterMinifigPals video on all the castle parts put together - she creates several different combinations which all look very interesting

Some of the outside is a bit of a mix but I absolutely love how the rooms look put together from the inside, there's just something about seeing them all interconnected that really appeals. Plus the Fluffy Room looks great when it's put higher up

Thanks for sharing. For me this just confirms my initial impressions... the sets may be good play sets (I guess that’s the point after all) but really don’t look good as a display piece. The outside just seems a little unfinished and lacks detail, while the inside is just too boxy. I realise others may well love it, but I’m glad I got the 2018-2020 castle and hope they revert back to it after this anniversary edition.

I wouldn't mind at all if they continued this approach in the coming years as I love how much they've improved the interior detail but I do really wish they'd improve on the structures themselves. Especially the excessive use of large rock, panel and frame pieces :sick:

Edited by lego_guyon02

19 minutes ago, TheInvisibleMan said:

Thanks for sharing. For me this just confirms my initial impressions... the sets may be good play sets (I guess that’s the point after all) but really don’t look good as a display piece. The outside just seems a little unfinished and lacks detail, while the inside is just too boxy. I realise others may well love it, but I’m glad I got the 2018-2020 castle and hope they revert back to it after this anniversary edition.

The inside of the Astronomy or the Clock Tower are just as "boxy". And the 2018 Whomping Willow Hogwarts expansion set "interior" is de facto one wall with almost no roof or enclosure and the exterior of that set offers exactly the same amount of details as the 2021 sets. A synthesis of the best aspects of both is the way to go forward. More interesting or recognizable facades with dark blueish grey roofs and modular, stackable and spacious interiors. Because the 2018 to the 2020 Hogwarts castles lack verticality. Only on floor for the majority of the castle (except for the towers) is just inaccurate. The 2021 modular style allows the third floor corridor to actually be on the third floor and not just ground level

On 5/15/2021 at 9:26 PM, Textorix said:

I am really jealous now... Marvel D2C set is what Harry Potter one should have been. Huge minifigure scale building (Hogwarts, Diagon Alley or something else) with like 20 minifigures and not some lame buildable objects. 

The D2C being buildable objects is just a rumour so far. It *could* still be something else.

The Dutch S@H still says 1 June for all HP sets including the Chamber of Secrets set.

Edited by Salix

38 minutes ago, Salix said:

The D2C being buildable objects is just a rumour so far. It *could* still be something else.

The Dutch S@H still says 1 June for all HP sets including the Chamber of Secrets set.

I hope this rumour is not right. I know there is very small chance for it but still.

11 minutes ago, Textorix said:

I hope this rumour is not right. I know there is very small chance for it but still.

I think we just really don't know. At least non leakers. The leakers might have more info, but only time will tell. The description is vague enough I don't think we can solidly say what it is. I really hope it's minifigure scale, but I'm trying not to get my hopes up there. I really don't want to judge it until I see it, I just don't know how it'll look, whatever it turns out to be.

1 hour ago, Childe_Roland said:

I think we just really don't know. At least non leakers. The leakers might have more info, but only time will tell. The description is vague enough I don't think we can solidly say what it is. I really hope it's minifigure scale, but I'm trying not to get my hopes up there. I really don't want to judge it until I see it, I just don't know how it'll look, whatever it turns out to be.

Exactly. We got to wait for more info or until it's released.

Edited by Salix

2 hours ago, Salix said:

Fwiw, the S@H in Germany still has 01. June listed as well, and neither zusammengebaut nor bricksfanatics has updated on the story (two guesses who's been checking today), but I have found a couple more stores here that had the set on pre-order that have now had to change delivery date to August (including Smyths, the TRU successor, which isn't some small shop), but on the other hand Amazon also still lists 02. June, so... :shrug_confused: This might end up being a question of lego's contracts with different stores, whom they have to deliver to first. (I'm still not buying "cash grab" as an explanation.) 

ETA: one listed "Verschiebung durch LEGO® auf Street Date 02.08.2021" as the reason for the delay. (Verschiebung durch LEGO = Postponed by Lego) I guess "Street Date" is a thing?

Edited by krimimimi

2 hours ago, Legobloxian said:

Hello i'm new to this thread... pretend i'm not new ok?

A new visitor… GET HIM! 

Seriously though, welcome to this thread :thumbup:

I’m still pretty sad about the CoS being delayed, but at least my surgery today went well, so there’s that :laugh:

There’s a new Monochrome minifigure set leaked that has a pink figure with hermiones/wonder woman’s hair. It looks a bit long for Tonks from the films but I feel like pink hair pieces are quite rare 

3 minutes ago, Darth Shadowthrone said:

There’s a new Monochrome minifigure set leaked that has a pink figure with hermiones/wonder woman’s hair. It looks a bit long for Tonks from the films but I feel like pink hair pieces are quite rare 

Has there ever been a pink hairpiece before? I think there was a CMF pop star figure but I can't think of anything else

15 minutes ago, 2lazeetomakeaname said:

Has there ever been a pink hairpiece before? I think there was a CMF pop star figure but I can't think of anything else

Friends 2015 / 2016 had a pop star with Magenta hair :

15677.jpg

Friends 2020 Hair Salon and 2021 Shopping mall have this piece in Dark Pink 

15503.png

LEGO Movie 2 2016 Pop-Up Party Bus had this rubbery hairpiece in Dark Pink 

49362.png

Now, as for other colors of pink I don't know what has made.

Edited by TeriXeri

the basic female ponytail that originated in the CMF series came in magenta in the ultra-agents line