Captain Nemo

Harry Potter 2021 - Rumors & Discussion

The inclusion of Fantastic Beasts in the branding is interesting, LEGO aren't done with that franchise yet!

3 hours ago, Xcube said:

I know it's a bit naive, but I hope that the polybag also contains these tiles. The problem is that it doesn't have a set that it would be worth buying several times. Don't want to buy a bigger set several times just to get duplicates. Or I will use BL for the first time :)

Only one i'm buying two of is the Girls Bathroom. Then I can have a Harry, Ron, Hermione and a Crabbe, Goyle and Cat Hermione figures. I also plan to use the shell of the set to recreate something akin to the Chamber of Winged Keys set from the early 2000s to add two more of the tasks below the Fluffy's Coridor set.

5 hours ago, Xcube said:

I know it's a bit naive, but I hope that the polybag also contains these tiles. The problem is that it doesn't have a set that it would be worth buying several times. Don't want to buy a bigger set several times just to get duplicates. Or I will use BL for the first time :)

You just made me think they could have put a couple of cards in the mini figure pack - how cool would that have been?! You can see the bricks through the packaging of those accessory sets so that would have been a great way to pick up any missing ones 

The minifigure pack is live on Shop@Home, and the description says: "Expand kids’ LEGO® Harry Potter™ sets with Harry Potter, Mr. Borgin and 2 wizard minifigures, plus a tile listing Dumbledore’s Army and magical items from the movies."

Guess everyone's character guesses were wrong, haha

15 hours ago, BrickBob Studpants said:

Nice to see the Fantastic Beasts logo on the checklist page 

5 hours ago, drewdotexe said:

The inclusion of Fantastic Beasts in the branding is interesting, LEGO aren't done with that franchise yet!

Yes great to see that they have not forgotten about it :wink::thumbup:
I like that the cards are random like the ones from the books/films, hopefully we will get more series in the future :sweet:

21 minutes ago, YetiZombie said:

The minifigure pack is live on Shop@Home, and the description says: "Expand kids’ LEGO® Harry Potter™ sets with Harry Potter, Mr. Borgin and 2 wizard minifigures, plus a tile listing Dumbledore’s Army and magical items from the movies."

Hmm, I guess it does kinda work. Weird the other 2 characters aren't named.

2 minutes ago, Surge said:

Which one is supposed to be Mr. Borgin?

The figure everyone assumed to be Scrimgeour.

34 minutes ago, YetiZombie said:

Does this add to the hope of a DA extension?!?!?!

Just now, chrisincanada said:

Considering people based that theory on Borgin & Burkes being on the packaging I'd say that theory has lost it's weight, considering Borgin himself is included in the pack.

1 minute ago, lego_guyon02 said:

Considering people based that theory on Borgin & Burkes being on the packaging I'd say that theory has lost it's weight, considering Borgin himself is included in the pack.

Yes that is true, why would he be in this pack if his shop was to be featured.  Guess I got over-excited!

Am I right in saying though that Mr. B never appears in a nice suit jacket and tie like that figure???  I only remember him from the extended version looking petty grubby.

2 minutes ago, chrisincanada said:

Am I right in saying though that Mr. B never appears in a nice suit jacket and tie like that figure???  I only remember him from the extended version looking petty grubby.

Yeah the torso really doesn't work for him, head is pretty nice though.

1 hour ago, lego_guyon02 said:

Yeah the torso really doesn't work for him, head is pretty nice though.

Almost want the Ollivander torso in a darker shade (almost like the unnamed wizard also in the accessory pack)!

2 hours ago, chrisincanada said:

Absolutely. Mr. Borgin is not necessarily a minifig that would be featured in a Diagon Alley expansion that included Borgin & Burke’s. I imagine a Borgin & Burke’s set would instead feature Draco Malfoy, Narcissa Malfoy, and maybe Fenrir Grayback. The focus could be on the Vanishing Cabinet scene, which would be a great play feature. I guess we will have to wait and see...

9 minutes ago, sebastian666 said:

Mr. Borgin is not necessarily a minifig that would be featured in a Diagon Alley expansion that included Borgin & Burke’s.

Wait, what? We've gotten characters as obscure as Florean Fortescue and Mr/Mrs. Flume to represent their shops. Why wouldn't we get Borgin?

31 minutes ago, YetiZombie said:

Wait, what? We've gotten characters as obscure as Florean Fortescue and Mr/Mrs. Flume to represent their shops. Why wouldn't we get Borgin?

Think number of minifigs for the size of a set. If the set isn't too large, there won't be but so many, and there are characters you 'need' for certain scenes that they'd want or have to include instead. Sometimes they find ways to offer the rest elsewhere. Sort of like how nearly half the duelling scene figs are missing from the CoS set. We get Harry and Lockhart (and even Justin with the snake), but no Snape, no Malfoy. But you can pick the two of them up together and not too expensively by getting the Potions Moments set. Or the Polyjuice Mishap not including Moaning Myrtle, but we got her in the CMF instead. 

33 minutes ago, krimimimi said:

Think number of minifigs for the size of a set. If the set isn't too large, there won't be but so many, and there are characters you 'need' for certain scenes that they'd want or have to include instead. Sometimes they find ways to offer the rest elsewhere. Sort of like how nearly half the duelling scene figs are missing from the CoS set. We get Harry and Lockhart (and even Justin with the snake), but no Snape, no Malfoy. But you can pick the two of them up together and not too expensively by getting the Potions Moments set. Or the Polyjuice Mishap not including Moaning Myrtle, but we got her in the CMF instead. 

Obviously opinions will differ on this topic but I'd argue that Borgin himself would be one of those characters you 'need' in a Borgin & Burkes set, what's the point of playing out scenes in a shop if you don't even have the owner/an employee? It is because of that exact reason that one of my biggest complaints about DA's minifigure selection is that no owners/employees for Scribbulus, QQS and F&B were included (however obscure or made-up those might have been). 

4 minutes ago, lego_guyon02 said:

Obviously opinions will differ on this topic but I'd argue that Borgin himself would be one of those characters you 'need' in a Borgin & Burkes set, what's the point of playing out scenes in a shop if you don't even have the owner/an employee? It is because of that exact reason that one of my biggest complaints about DA's minifigure selection is that no owners/employees for Scribbulus, QQS and F&B were included (however obscure or made-up those might have been). 

I think the difference here is that Mr. Borgin was technically never in a scene that played out in the movies. He was cut from the final film and only appears in deleted scenes. So, other than Harry’s floo powder scene, Borgin and Burke’s as a set location is best known for the scenes where Draco and the Death Eaters are using the Vanishing Cabinet. And the fact that the shopkeepers for QQS, F&B, and Scribulus were omitted from the D2C Diagon Alley means there is a precedent for releasing sets without shop owners. I wonder if the random witch and wizard are perhaps intended to be used as shopkeepers for QQS, F&B, or Scribulus?

Mr Borgin is a very odd choice, it would have made sense as said above to save him for a set of his shop. And the other two characters are nameless? 

It would have suited everyone better I think I’d it was Mundungus Fletcher instead in this pack, as he would be at home in DA and doesn’t fit well in any other potential set (imo), and not worthy of CMF.

He is easy to create ourselves actually with either Wormtail’s or the ollivander torso and a simple head with stubble such as 6033436 :)

The pack is still great and I’m going to get at least 2 to populate Hogsmeade etc more owls always welcome 

Edited by Bugbot20082

Since we got Draco and Lucius in DA, a Borgin and Burke set has been more likely to set in HBP I think, with the Trio, Draco, Narcissa and Greyback. 

I'm glad we're getting a Borgin fig, even if mine will share none of the same pieces. I've been meaning to buy one of those torso pieces for years. 

Hey, I haven't seen anyone here mention this yet, but zusammengebaut is reporting that the 76389 Hogwarts Chamber of Secrets will be a lego S@H exclusive here in Germany and apparently at least in some of continental Europe for the first couple of months (kicking off yet another wave of anti-lego whinging; the German speaking fandom is fairly toxic :sceptic:) despite being able to preorder it for several weeks now. Current release date in retail stores is the 2. August; the lego S@H still has the 1. June listed. So the chances of picking it up cheaper elsewhere (initially) just tanked. :oh3: 

I'd be curious to hear if other areas are seeing this happen as well, or if our aforementioned toxicity is having an effect on prioritisation. :look:

Edited by krimimimi
1 =/= 2 :p

8 minutes ago, krimimimi said:

(kicking off yet another wave of anti-lego whinging; the German speaking fandom is fairly toxic :sceptic:)

Extremely toxic I would say, easily just as bad as some of the more infamous English-speaking fandoms like Star Wars or DC :hmpf: I’ve left a loooong time ago and have never looked back (and don’t regret it since it’s gotten a lot worse apparently).

10 minutes ago, BrickBob Studpants said:

Extremely toxic I would say, easily just as bad as some of the more infamous English-speaking fandoms like Star Wars or DC :hmpf: I’ve left a loooong time ago and have never looked back (and don’t regret it since it’s gotten a lot worse apparently).

"Extremely toxic" no, that's a fair enough characterisation. (Ironically I was trying not to be so negative... :laugh:) I don't know if it was ever good, but it's gone very badly wrong in recent months.  

Yeah, I still read there, but posting... :wacko: