Captain Nemo

Harry Potter 2021 - Rumors & Discussion

It will be interesting to see once the review embargo is lifted how the chocolate frog tile distribution goes. Specifically, I wonder if they are truly "random" and more than one of the same tile could appear in a set, or not.

So far I've only built Eurobricks' review copy of the Chamber of Secrets, and the tiles were all different.

4 hours ago, Clone OPatra said:

It will be interesting to see once the review embargo is lifted how the chocolate frog tile distribution goes. Specifically, I wonder if they are truly "random" and more than one of the same tile could appear in a set, or not.

So far I've only built Eurobricks' review copy of the Chamber of Secrets, and the tiles were all different.

Did you enjoy the build? 

11 minutes ago, Magnum said:

Did you enjoy the build? 

I don't want to spoil the review! :tongue:

The build was good. Straight-forward. Nothing very surprising or intriguing but the frogs hidden everywhere were a nice touch - including a couple I hadn't noticed in official pictures. The best thing was seeing the new parts like the fantastic Pixies and the candlesticks!

16 minutes ago, Clone OPatra said:

The build was good. Straight-forward. Nothing very surprising or intriguing but the frogs hidden everywhere were a nice touch - including a couple I hadn't noticed in official pictures. The best thing was seeing the new parts like the fantastic Pixies and the candlesticks!

Something just makes me feel so happy knowing that the designer stuck as many frogs in as he possibly could:)

2 minutes ago, Brickroll said:

Something just makes me feel so happy knowing that the designer stuck as many frogs in as he possibly could:)

That's Nick Vas for ya :wink::tongue:

17 minutes ago, Brickroll said:

The amount of chocolate frogs at first had me perplexed, but given one of the special Anniversary items of this wave is the Chocolate Frog cards, it grew on me as the build went on that this Hogwarts is simply overrun with them.

The hidden white frog is what really put a smile on my face.

46 minutes ago, Clone OPatra said:

Thanks! I might get the set and mod it like crazy to fit in my display. I was hoping for a bit of cool techniques used like the others have. But Lets see when your review is due. 

5 hours ago, Clone OPatra said:

Are you allowed to tell us when the embargo will be lifted?

5 minutes ago, Nemo Eisenfaust said:

Are you allowed to tell us when the embargo will be lifted?

Pretty sure he said this saturday.

I'm really excited about the next wave - the first two movies and their sets were such a huge part of my childhood and probably the true genesis of my LEGO fandom, and getting a proper Chamber of Secrets after almost twenty years is huge for me. I know a lot of people are not unjustly upset we aren't receiving stuff themed around *Deathly Hallows* yet, and there's defnitely some cool locations to revisit or expand there, but I was so certain they were done with the first two movies and I'm honestly really pleased to seem the finally revisit two of the iconic scenes they skipped before. The Fluffy set could definitely use improvement as a set but I'm so glad to see the ol' dog back.

I'm also really, really digging the new modular system allowing you to mix and match the arrangement of rooms and stuff, and I am absolutely buying the Polyjuice set as quickly as possible to create the Chamber's proper entrance. It feels like a much better modernization of the original sets, which offered a few different solutions for arrangements between the first two films, and the Girls' Bathroom doesn't feel like something we'd ever see in a Castle/Tower otherwise, and if so, definitely without so much detail. I really hope they either continue this system or, if they go back to the previous one (the towers were great but I was really disappointed in how they fit together, the WW especially) I hope they can integrate the rearrangeable rooms. I'm also happy to see the return of sand green roofs!

And on top of all that, we get all four house robes, which is a welcome and unexpected surprise! We could still use a Hufflepuff uniform that matches the version introduced in Hogwarts Moments, but the robed minifigs look great. I may just base my customs on that version instead of the Hogwarts Moments versions.

Plus, we're still getting books with Lucius and Hufflepuff Quidditch Cedric, so still more good stuff coming.

2 hours ago, Magnum said:

Thanks! I might get the set and mod it like crazy to fit in my display. I was hoping for a bit of cool techniques used like the others have. But Lets see when your review is due. 

The previous few years of Hogwarts sets prioritised matching on-screen architecture, so have more complex or intriguing builds as a result. This year's Hogwarts sets prioritise the modular system made out of very squared-off modules and the interior space, as well as being a throwback to 2001's pretty straightforward sets, so have less interesting builds as a result, in my opinion. That's not necessarily a negative, though.

As part of my review I will be looking at how the new Hogwarts pairs with the 2018-2020 ones in a display setting without any modification.

4 hours ago, Brickroll said:

4 hours ago, Clone OPatra said:

The amount of chocolate frogs at first had me perplexed, but given one of the special Anniversary items of this wave is the Chocolate Frog cards, it grew on me as the build went on that this Hogwarts is simply overrun with them.

The hidden white frog is what really put a smile on my face.

Yes, but from what I have seen it is the only set with frogs. With all the focus on the chocolate frog cards they should really include at least the number of frogs as the set has cards :shrug_oh_well:

20 hours ago, Clone OPatra said:

As part of my review I will be looking at how the new Hogwarts pairs with the 2018-2020 ones in a display setting without any modification.

That's great because whether it's easy to combine the two systems will decide if I buy the sets. So I'm looking forward to your review! 👍

There's an official list now, my guesses were mostly correct besides Snape and Merlin actually being a second Dumbledore (not that I care as he'll remain Merlin for me :tongue:).

10 minutes ago, Falconfan1414 said:

Looks like they are random and you are not guaranteed a full set if you buy all the sets

Well, otherwise they wouldn’t be random :shrug_oh_well: I hope you’re at least guaranteed not to receive duplicates within a set, similarly to how Vidiyo handles it

Nice to see the Fantastic Beasts logo on the checklist page :thumbup:

Edited by BrickBob Studpants

3 minutes ago, BrickBob Studpants said:

Well, otherwise they wouldn’t be random :shrug_oh_well: I hope you’re at least guaranteed not to receive duplicates within a set, similarly to how Vidiyo handles it

One of mine had a duplicate within a set. They are spread across different bags within each set so perhaps they are well and truly random. I also didn't get a huge percentage of the 16 and a fair number of duplicates across the four sets.

1 minute ago, krimimimi said:

@lego_guyon02 (Or anyone else) Where's the official list?

It's in the back of the instructions in the sets. A photo can currently be found on #legoleaks.

Well, the chances of getting a full set of tiles by buying all of the sets are pretty much in the toilet then :tongue: Unless the D2C includes like ten or so

I love that list, and Fantastic Beasts are such a good inclusion.

What I don't like is how there are 16 cards, but if you buy all the sets, you get the exact same amount. Chances that you won't get a repeat are nonexistent, which means that if you want all of them, you'll have to use Bricklink or something like that. Provided you're not willing to spend 20€ for 2 cards :shrug_oh_well:

I'm not a very big fan of social media but as soon as I have all sets opened I'll try to start an evenet on my local Lego Store facebook page and try to hype some people to show up and exchange cards. This series is so popular that it shouldn't be a problem to find at least few interested collectors, especially living in capitol city :) Bricklink will be my last resort.

I know it's a bit naive, but I hope that the polybag also contains these tiles. The problem is that it doesn't have a set that it would be worth buying several times. Don't want to buy a bigger set several times just to get duplicates. Or I will use BL for the first time :)

As someone who’s not a hardcore completionist I really like the chocolate frog cards as a little bonus extra to the sets, the randomness will make unboxing that little bit more exciting which I appreciate. 

Edit: I’m an idiot, didn’t see Nicholas Flamel in another picture 

Edited by Darth Shadowthrone

3 hours ago, Xcube said:

I know it's a bit naive, but I hope that the polybag also contains these tiles. The problem is that it doesn't have a set that it would be worth buying several times. Don't want to buy a bigger set several times just to get duplicates. Or I will use BL for the first time :)

Considering polybags are partly seethrough I highly doubt they'll put any Cards in them.