Captain Nemo

Harry Potter 2021 - Rumors & Discussion

4 minutes ago, krimimimi said:

Snape never gets any love. :laugh: This legit cracked me up. Pleased to see they included him, however. 

Trust me, he gets enough love as one of my favorite characters :tongue::laugh_hard: I did think it might be him but considering there is no canon material pointing to Snape getting a Chocolate Frog Card (that I know of) and him not being a particularly famous or high-status wizard/witch like Flamel, Maxime or Picquery I just thought it's more likely to be someone else :grin:

1 hour ago, lego_guyon02 said:

Maxime

I've since figured out which one you thought was Madam M, and at least we're not talking about the same fig, so that's a relief. (And having looked at the pictures of her, I really wish they'd included a ... ruff? (fur collar) with her Yule Ball minifig. As was, I'd sort of forgotten about that collar.)  

That definitely has to be Snape. Never mind the black robes, aside from Flamel, he's the only one not smiling. (How much more Snape-like can you get? :wink:)  

1 hour ago, TheLEGOChap said:

I wonder how the cards will be distributed, like I wonder if it’s possible to get duplicates within one set 

If it's handled like the Vidiyo BeatBit tiles, which I assume it will be, I don't think you can get dupes within a single set. At least I haven't seen any complaints to that effect. 

Edited by krimimimi

So 4 founders bronze cards, 1 silver Dumbledore and 11 gold ones for the rest... very strange split ^^' I was hoping for more even distribution.

25 minutes ago, 2lazeetomakeaname said:

Vitruvius is Merlin confirmed

By whom or where was it confirmed? Did someone from LAN who got the sets early, like Swiftbricks, post a picture of the last pages of the instructions?

1 hour ago, Metanoios91 said:

By whom or where was it confirmed? Did someone from LAN who got the sets early, like Swiftbricks, post a picture of the last pages of the instructions?

I think it was more supposed to be a joke, I could be wrong tho.

7 hours ago, krimimimi said:

Snape never gets any love.

Cause he's a student-bullying douchebag, that's why.

16 minutes ago, 2lazeetomakeaname said:

Yes. 

Also Snape sucks

I can imagine Snape saying “Silence!”...

11 hours ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

Cause he's a student-bullying douchebag, that's why.

Well, he did so to save students from being arrogant or something along those lines.

On 5/7/2021 at 6:22 PM, steam235 said:

The Hogwarts Express had five version in the original run, it's one of the most iconic parts of the franchise. I'm always surprised that people don't think of it more often. I would not be surprised if gets a big redesign soon.

And if I were to put on my tin foil hat, there was a Hogwarts Express set that didn't have Platform 9 3/4 for the side build, it had the Hogsmeade station as the side build.

A D2C set that was a motorized train, and fit with the hogsmeade summer sets, that could also make use of the accessory pack to help fill Hogsmeade with witches and wizards would be very welcome.

I like this theory. Although I want Gringotts more. ;)

On 5/9/2021 at 10:32 AM, Seaber said:

Yeah, that's a good line up. Everyone but Jocanda and I think Merlin appear/are mentioned a lot in the films. It'd be good if they added a few more cards in the future, but for now this line up is a really nice addition. 

What about Slughorn saying "Merlin's beard". :P

@domen151

I have seen some youtuber getting the sets earlier, and showing the boxes on the video. So I assume we will have some reviews maybe this week.

2 hours ago, domen151 said:

Any idea when can we expect first reviews to be published?

I know Ashnflash reviewed the Brickheadz, thought some others were kicking about. 

10 hours ago, Jack Sassy said:

Well, he did so to save students from being arrogant or something along those lines.

Nah, if anything, McGonagall's strictness kept all the Gryffindors in line.

I am religiously checking LEGO.com everyday for pre-orders to go up. June 1 is right around the corner though so I might just wait to physically walk into a LEGO store. 

1 minute ago, joeee said:

Nah, if anything, McGonagall's strictness kept all the Gryffindors in line.

What about Harry? Sure, Snape and Dumbledore discussed about how boy was going to die in the end (talking about school safety :grin:) but was always strict against him because he knew that Harry would be as arrogant as his father.

Wow this year is a giant dud in excitement compared to last year. 

Pity I don't have Instagram, and checking now with the hashtag, I noticed only the Marvel leaks. Can someone please send me the pictures of the card tiles?

14 hours ago, domen151 said:

Any idea when can we expect first reviews to be published?

12 hours ago, Jaromir said:

@domen151

I have seen some youtuber getting the sets earlier, and showing the boxes on the video. So I assume we will have some reviews maybe this week.

Reviews will start this weekend if all of the outlets getting sets from the LEGO Ambassador Network follow the rules. Including reviews right here on EB!

I think whoever Jocunda Sykes is is a very odd inclusion.

If anyone's wondering here are the cards mentioned in Philosopher's Stone:

- Dumbledore
- Agrippa
- Ptolemy
- Morgana
- Hengist of Woodcroft
- Alberic Grunnion
- Circe
- Paracelsus
- Merlin
- Cliodna

I'm surprised they didn't go with Agrippa, Ptolemy or Morgana instead of Sykes.

3 hours ago, (Insert Name Here) said:

I'm surprised they didn't go with Agrippa, Ptolemy or Morgana instead of Sykes.

I think the reason is there is official art with real people rather than illustrations to base Jocunda and Merlin off, whereas there isn't for the others you have mentioned. Hengist also has official art for the Hogsmeade set. 

4 hours ago, (Insert Name Here) said:

I think whoever Jocunda Sykes is is a very odd inclusion.

[...] I'm surprised they didn't go with Agrippa, Ptolemy or Morgana instead of Sykes.

I thought it nicely echoed this year's Amelia Earheart GWP, who I assume was the RW inspiration for the character/ her story. But it also made me wonder if we might be seeing her in future FB films. None of those others mentioned should still be around during the time those stories are set. (With the possible exception of Grunnion, whom I don't recall.)