So right now we have: 
1. Albus Dumbledore
2. Minerva McGonagall
3. Garrick Ollivander
4. Godric Gryffindor
5. Salazar Slytherin
6. Rowena Ravenclaw
7. Possibly Bertie Botts
8. Possibly Merlin, though he does resemble Vitruvius from The LEGO Movie (which is also a WB property)

With 3/4 Founders already appearing we can safely assume Helga is among the remaining 8 cards. I hope the rest are as relatively unknown as Bertie Botts and Merlin(?), the last thing I want is Chocolate Frog Cards for the trio.

1 hour ago, lego_guyon02 said:

I hope the rest are as relatively unknown as Bertie Botts and Merlin(?), the last thing I want is Chocolate Frog Cards for the trio.

Agreed, and that's what worries me about Professor McGonagall's inclusion, because that came after the BOH, iirc. :sceptic:

I don't think they'd give us two Dumbledores, so Merlin seems a good fit. As for the remaining eight... Helga Hufflepuff. I'd expect Flamel as well, particularly because he appeared in the series. Other characters that seem likely... Headmaster Dippet, Celestine Warbeck (singer), Newt. If we don't get the trio, fingers crossed, then maybe three of the following: Gwenog Jones (Holyhead Harpies Captain and beater), Herpo the Foul (first known creator of the Basilisk), Miranda Goshawk (author of the Standard Book of Spells), Myron Wagtail (Weird Sisters singer), Mungo Bonham (Healer, founded St. Mungo's), Gunhilda of Gorsemoor (if we don't get a picture of her statue somewhere that is; developed the cure for Dragon Pox). I think they'll try to include a few more witches as there were only two amongst the ones we've seen so far. 

Less likely: Ignatia Wildsmith (invented Floo Powder), Circe, and Morgan LeFay or Queen Maeve, Bowman Wright (invented the Snitch)

And I still expect Paracelsus' inclusion as a bust somewhere eventually. 

Beetle the Bard oddly doesn't seem to have a Chocolate Frog card. Were there any other historical characters that you guys expect to put in an appearance?

Edited by krimimimi

20 minutes ago, krimimimi said:

Beetle the Bard oddly doesn't seem to have a Chocolate Frog card. Were there any other historical characters that you guys expect to put in an appearance?

With 3/4 Founders already appearing we can safely assume Helga is among the remaining 8 cards. I hope the rest are as relatively unknown as Bertie Botts and Merlin(?), the last thing I want is Chocolate Frog Cards for the trio.

I was looking over the Harry Potter wiki to see what it says all the Chocolate cards are so here's a list of all the characters who I remember are canonical to the 7 books, in that they appear or are referenced, who supposedly are on chocolate frog cards:

- Cornelius Agrippa, Morgana and Ptolemy. (canonical cards, Ron talks about having their cards in PS)

- Adalbert Waffling, Cassandra Vablatsky, Miranda Goshawk, Newt Scamander. (Authors of Harry's schoolbooks)

- Gregory the Smarmy, Ulric the Oddball. (Paintings in Hogwarts)

- Armando Dippet. (Prior Headmasters of Hogwarts)

- Wendelin the Weird. (in a book on Witch burnings)

- Celestina Warbeck. (Molly Weasley's favourite singer)

- Gwenog Jones. (Captain of the Holy-head Harpies)

Those are all the names I think that are in the books.

However Herpo the Foul who created Basilisks was apparently mentioned in the Fantastic Beasts book.

I'm also surprised that Beetle the Bard didn't appear as well as Bathilda Bagshot.(considering she wrote A History of Magic and Hogwarts a History)

Use #legoharrypotter on IG if you can't find the pic of the chocolate frog card tiles. 

I think it is Vitruvius.  At a minimum the headband seems like an unmistakeable nod towards him.

Phoebe comes with Sally’s hairpiece in light yellow in the new Friends set, in case someone wants to replace Lucious’ hairpiece with an alternative :laugh: 

Those cards look really good, I was afraid they'd go with characters like Harry, Hermione etc., but it seems they went with the canon route. Love it.

On 5/7/2021 at 11:22 AM, steam235 said:

The Hogwarts Express had five version in the original run, it's one of the most iconic parts of the franchise. I'm always surprised that people don't think of it more often. I would not be surprised if gets a big redesign soon.

And if I were to put on my tin foil hat, there was a Hogwarts Express set that didn't have Platform 9 3/4 for the side build, it had the Hogsmeade station as the side build.

A D2C set that was a motorized train, and fit with the hogsmeade summer sets, that could also make use of the accessory pack to help fill Hogsmeade with witches and wizards would be very welcome.

Considering the 2018 set is going to be in production until December 2022 I think we still have awhile to wait for another train set, motorized or not. 

The new chocolate frog cards look nice. I'm still not a fan of having them randomly distributed, especially since there are so many of them. If there were 8-12 different cards to collect I think collecting them all from just buying the sets would be far more manageable. I won't bother collecting them all unless there are only 2-3 I'm missing. Do we know if the sets themselves will contain duplicates? 

On 5/7/2021 at 5:22 PM, steam235 said:

And if I were to put on my tin foil hat, there was a Hogwarts Express set that didn't have Platform 9 3/4 for the side build, it had the Hogsmeade station as the side build.

A D2C set that was a motorized train, and fit with the hogsmeade summer sets, that could also make use of the accessory pack to help fill Hogsmeade with witches and wizards would be very welcome.

I love this idea too!, the station to go with the Hogsmeade set would make a lot of sense; it differentiates it more from the 2018 version and makes it an add-on to the 2021 line. It could also include Zonko’s joke shop which was missing from the Hogsmeade set.

1 hour ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

Those cards look really good, I was afraid they'd go with characters like Harry, Hermione etc., but it seems they went with the canon route. Love it.

The trio could still happen though. All three of them received their Chocolate Frog Cards after the Battle of Hogwarts just like McGonagall, who is represented on one of the leaked cards.

Blocks Mag: Harry Potter Hogwarts 01

Have You guys seen this? I hope this new wave of Hogwarts will add some much needed verticality to the sets. I’m honestly not a huge fan of the 2018-2020 Hogwarts now that I think about it. It doesn’t feel like a castle, just like a long hallway

The trio could still happen though. All three of them received their Chocolate Frog Cards after the Battle of Hogwarts just like McGonagall, who is represented on one of the leaked cards.

Oh sure, I just meant Year 1 or 2 characters in their Hogwarts robes, like the trio, Neville, Ginny, Malfoy, the teachers etc.

2 hours ago, Modal said:

Have You guys seen this? I hope this new wave of Hogwarts will add some much needed verticality to the sets. I’m honestly not a huge fan of the 2018-2020 Hogwarts now that I think about it. It doesn’t feel like a castle, just like a long hallway

I know what you mean, but with the exception of the bridge (which would obviously look weird as a flat structure), there isn’t actually even much in terms of verticality with that MOC. The whole castle is on one level I believe. For me, the real gripe with the 2018-2020 castle is that it looks, well... unfinished. If they completed it and it had a structure all the way round, then it would probably look much more like a castle than the current sprawling structure it is.

Anyone have any idea when Diagon Alley might come back in stock in the US?  I keep ordering it and changing my mind, and now I really shot myself in the foot, seeing as it might be gone for months again.  :blush:

Edited by RogueTwo

2 hours ago, Modal said:

Benefits of collecting 2001-2011 sets and having about 10 sets of 7094.

Concerning the chocolate frog cards. Since there are now confirmed 16 and we know who 6-7 of them are, I have the suspicion that they are deriving the featured characters from the Universal Studios theme park chocolate cards. There are 15 different characters on those. The full list with pictures can be found here: https://fortheloveofharry.com/list-of-all-chocolate-frog-cards/ 

They share already a lot of commonalities with the leaked characters (the 3 (4) founders, Dumbledore, Bertie Botts, Ollivander). Also I think that the one on the top right, that some think is the Richard Harris Dumbledore, is actually Merlin, but I could be wrong:

Merlin-Front.png

And I think that two of them (on the leaked pic top left) are the same, just that the gold and silver printing reflects the light differently depending on the angle. The print is the same and that would fit the beard of the Michael Gambon Dumbledore, that is depicted on the Universal studios cards and not Vitruvius.

McGonagall is the only difference but maybe she was supposed to be released in the theme parks already (as number 16), but the release was postponed due to Covid.

The remaining characters from the Universal cards would then be the following:

Gilderoy Lockhart

Paracelsus

Jocunda Syke

Hengist of Woodcroft

Daisy Dodderidge

Devlin Whitehorn

Artemesia Lufkin

Helga Hufflepuff

Edit: Further note on the frame artwork and colour design: We have three different frame colours and designs on the Lego ones and I think the Lego graphic designer intended them to represent the epochs/centuries, in which the wizards depicted on the card lived. McGonoagall, Dumbledore, Bertie Botts and Ollivander all share the same frame design (gold with negative purple spaces) are from the "current" epoch of modern day wizards and were all born in the 1800s and 1900s.

The founders share the bronze frame design and are all obviously from the same epoch, too.

Merlin has a silver frame (with no negative spaces in the frame) and is from an earlier century (800-900). Hengist of Woodcroft (if my theory is right) would also have a silver frame. I think the frame design differences are also supposed to make them more easily discernible.

Edited by Metanoios91

For sure they are not sticking to split from the game but for me the most crucial thing is that we're getting designs so similar to the ones I rememebr from 19 years ago :pir-love: IMO HP2 game had the best card collection :pir-wub:

All 16 Chocolate Frog Cards have now been leaked:

1. Godric Gryffindor 

2. Salazar Slytherin

3. Rowena Ravenclaw

4. Helga Hufflepuff

5. Albus Dumbledore

6. Minerva McGonagall

7. Garrick Ollivander

8. Merlin

9. Bertie Botts

10. Olympe Maxime

11. Seraphina Picquery

12. Gilderoy Lockhart

13. Nicholas Flamel

14. Jocunda Sykes

15. Newt Scamander?

16. No idea who this is

26 minutes ago, lego_guyon02 said:

All 16 Chocolate Frog Cards have now been leaked:

1. Godric Gryffindor 

2. Salazar Slytherin

3. Rowena Ravenclaw

4. Helga Hufflepuff

5. Albus Dumbledore

6. Minerva McGonagall

7. Garrick Ollivander

8. Merlin

9. Bertie Botts

10. Olympe Maxime

11. Seraphina Picquery

12. Gilderoy Lockhart

13. Nicholas Flamel

14. Jocunda Sykes

15. Newt Scamander?

16. No idea who this is

You're missing Severus Snape I think

A solid lineup of characters for the Chocolate frog cards overall.  

Random observations:

I'm pleasantly surprised that the main trio did not get included in the card lineup.

I don't think there are any canon sources stating that Maxime, Picquery, Flamel, and Snape got their own Chocolate Frog cards, but they make sense as inclusions.  

I'm still convinced that there are two Dumbledores and no Merlin included.  Looking at the hats and beards, they are a solid match for the Gambon Dumbledore from CMF Series 1 (gold and purple frame card) and Harris Dumbledore from CMF Series 2 (silver frame card), with neither card's hat and beard combination matching up with the Universal card's depiction of Merlin.

Rather peculiar that Maxime got a card but Karkaroff did not.

Newt's card looks like it portrays him with the Series 20 Brick Costume Guy haripiece instead of his typical hairpiece.  It might just be an artist interpretation that doesn't mean anything, though I would like it if they used that hairpiece for him in future sets.  

I still hope we get a minifigure of Nicolas Flamel next year.  

For that matter, I also hope we get that variant of Picquery as a minifigure at some point.  The COG design we did get was a less interesting design with considerably less screen time.

4 minutes ago, spiderfan2000 said:

I'm still convinced that there are two Dumbledores and no Merlin included.  Looking at the hats and beards, they are a solid match for the Gambon Dumbledore from CMF Series 1 (gold and purple frame card) and Harris Dumbledore from CMF Series 2 (silver frame card), with neither card's hat and beard combination matching up with the Universal card's depiction of Merlin.

The good thing about the minimalistic design of these cards is that you can really interpret and use them however you want. I personally care much more about the books than the movies so while I love Gambon's portrayal of Dumbledore all I care about is Harris, the design makes it very easy to use the potential Gambon Dumbledore as Merlin (or someone else entirely). I do hope LEGO releases an official list with names though.

Yeah, that's a good line up. Everyone but Jocanda and I think Merlin appear/are mentioned a lot in the films. It'd be good if they added a few more cards in the future, but for now this line up is a really nice addition. 

Very smart move on chocolate frog cards. I’m more excited about the cards when golden minifigs. I wish Lego will do the same for the portraits. It would be so nice to have so many tiles with portraits of different wizards on them for MOCs. 

5 hours ago, lego_guyon02 said:

16. No idea who this is

Snape never gets any love. :laugh: This legit cracked me up. Pleased to see they included him, however. 

Agree it's Merlin. The franchise pretty much ignored there being two different Dumbledores, even though it would have been so easy to go: "magic" and carry on, so I can't see them highlighting it here. But I think it's also a fortuitous choice for the Merlin representation, so nice work there by the designers.  

I thought Seraphina was Celestine, but I think you're right. Not so sure Madam Maxime is included, however. (Please tell me you aren't seeing Olympe Maxime where I'm seeing Severus Snape... :rofl:)