Captain Nemo

Harry Potter 2021 - Rumors & Discussion

14 minutes ago, Metanoios91 said:

Not entirely accurate for the Harry Potter line and for large lego sets in general. The 2018 Great Hall box art featured the Astronomy tower silhouette (2020 set) prominently on the front box art and the orientation of the Great Hall pic would in the correct movie layout and this viewing angle not feature the Astronomy Tower in the background, so it was a deliberate decision by the box art designer. Also Star Wars UCS sets did have eastereggs for upcoming sets on their box art in the past: 2nd UCS Millenium Falcon shadow was teasered on the Death Star rerelease box and the UCS Star Destroyer was teasered as a shadow silhouette on the side box art of the Millenium Falcon UCS set.

Also we know from Interviews by Lego fan media outlets and designers that Lego sets are mostly designed 2-3 years prior to release and one of the final things, that is finished, is the box art designs. So when the 2018 line was getting its finishing touches late 2017/early 2018 , the Astronomy tower probably already existed as a fully built prototype and was green lit by that time as an upcoming set.

But those are obvious things to put on the box. Maybe they were meant to be teasers, but there have been time where people thought something on the box was hinting at a future set and it wasn't. 

18 minutes ago, 2lazeetomakeaname said:

But those are obvious things to put on the box. Maybe they were meant to be teasers, but there have been time where people thought something on the box was hinting at a future set and it wasn't. 

Yes, one that comes to mind is the Creator Expert Fiat 500 with very prominent shots of the Coliseum in the artwork AND in the set itself.  

20 minutes ago, Prometheus87 said:

Yes, one that comes to mind is the Creator Expert Fiat 500 with very prominent shots of the Coliseum in the artwork AND in the set itself.  

I guess we did get the Knocturn Alley sign in the set...I still doubt we’ll get anything DA related this year given what our leakers have said, but I won’t deny I have hope.

1 hour ago, Metanoios91 said:

Not entirely accurate for the Harry Potter line and for large lego sets in general. The 2018 Great Hall box art featured the Astronomy tower silhouette (2020 set) prominently on the front box art and the orientation of the Great Hall pic would in the correct movie layout and this viewing angle not feature the Astronomy Tower in the background, so it was a deliberate decision by the box art designer.

This is an excellent point. If I’m not mistaken, the Great Hall box art actually featured a prominent silhouette of the Clock Tower. Then the next year when the Clock Tower was released that box art featured a prominent silhouette of the Astronomy Tower. So that’s two instances in the Harry Potter line alone where the box art teased an upcoming release. I don’t think the inclusion of Borgin and Burke’s in the box art of the Accessory Pack is accidental.

6 minutes ago, sebastian666 said:

This is an excellent point. If I’m not mistaken, the Great Hall box art actually featured a prominent silhouette of the Clock Tower. Then the next year when the Clock Tower was released that box art featured a prominent silhouette of the Astronomy Tower. So that’s two instances in the Harry Potter line alone where the box art teased an upcoming release. I don’t think the inclusion of Borgin and Burke’s in the box art of the Accessory Pack is accidental.

I really hope it's no accident. To me, the D2C will be the make it or break it. As it stands now, the girls bathroom and Hogsmeade are my only interests, but any expansion to DA would be a huge win. Even if it isn't gringotts, just other shops I'd be thrilled. I can see them waiting on gringotts IF they do a deathly hallows wave next year, as it's one of the more iconic scenes. Just keepin' my figures crossed until we get something a lot more concrete.

1 minute ago, BrickMatit said:

A question for you: if I preorder a June set, when Lego will send it to me?

Normally the package will leave the warehouse 1st or 2nd of june.

1 minute ago, Xcube said:

Normally the package will leave the warehouse 1st or 2nd of june

Thanks! 

Yeah I really hope we got a Borgin & Burke’s and/or Gringott’s. If we are talking about the initial waves, this year is my favorite one but it’s always nice to have a strong D2C or retail exclusive to round off everything. Extremely strong CMF and D2C really bolstered the 2020 offering as a whole which wasn’t my favorite initial wave.

Edited by RODDY

47 minutes ago, sebastian666 said:

Yeah, considering the characters fit more in DA or Hogmeade's but they show Borgin and Burke's prominently gives credence to this theory.  

Something else which we aught to consider I think is the business sense of the set; the contents of a big expensive set like UCSs and D2Cs are always massive builds (Hogwarts castle, big StarWars ships) or big collections of builds (UCS Hoth base) which are supposed to work better (and therefore more sellable) together than they would be if the same contents were sold separately.

The complete set needs to be worthy of the large price and status not just by sheer brick count... the complete ‘set’ needs to be grander than the sum of its parts I mean. One long street  block of ‘Diagon Alley shops’ is much more impressive and marketable than the 4 modules would be if sold separately I think. 

It’s going to occupy a page or even the front cover of the magazine, and be on display in LEGO store front windows, I needs to have ‘wow’ factor..

This principal for me makes it unlikely that the D2C set is a collection of assorted but otherwise unconnected brick-built Wizarding world merchandise: otherwise why not sell such items separately like the MBoM and Hedwig etc. A new Harry Potter artefact every season as a give away would be better for sales I think.

So I’m leaning on the idea that the ‘icons’ is a tag like ‘moments’ and the set is something minifigure scale (I hope), bank & shops, pirate ship, game pitch, a Hogwarts expansion, motorised train etc 

That being said this year has been full of surprises and my  analytical way of thinking has been of little help with this new line so who knows...

Edited by Bugbot20082

10 hours ago, sebastian666 said:

I think that’s a bit much... The LEGO HP team does not need to be shamed. They were given directions by company execs to produce a profitable anniversary line. In the process, the LEGO HP team managed to reinvent the entire Hogwarts lineup in a way that is both nostalgic and collectible, and both playable and displayable. I am incredibly impressed with this new lineup. The LEGO HP team should be proud.

Whatever you want to say. It’s my personal and honest opinion. 

Don’t get me wrong but this June wave does not make me excited. It’s just a “meh” feeling I have. However, only one set I am interested in is Hogmeade. As a buyer, I would skip sets like “anniversary” and “Hogwarts Iconic Object” collection. 

And without buying sets, I would pick some specific minifigures off eBay and Bricklink. 

Too bad, no Gringott’s Bank D2C this year if it’s still a Hogwarts Iconic Object D2C.

28 minutes ago, BrickBob Studpants said:

Aren’t you guys reading a tiiiiny little bit too much into the background art of a random accessory pack? :head_back:

Not saying they're right or wrong, but there is precedent. If packaging had never, ever before had any correlation to a set to come, I'd wholeheartedly agree. But as it is, a few sets have had boxes of things to come. Really no one knows. It's just whatever TLG decided to do.

22 hours ago, Bugbot20082 said:

motorised train

The Hogwarts Express had five version in the original run, it's one of the most iconic parts of the franchise. I'm always surprised that people don't think of it more often. I would not be surprised if gets a big redesign soon.

And if I were to put on my tin foil hat, there was a Hogwarts Express set that didn't have Platform 9 3/4 for the side build, it had the Hogsmeade station as the side build.

A D2C set that was a motorized train, and fit with the hogsmeade summer sets, that could also make use of the accessory pack to help fill Hogsmeade with witches and wizards would be very welcome.

Edited by steam235

Swift_bricks on IG got their hands on the anniversary sets, so I guess I won’t take long before we learn who the characters on the chocolate frog card tiles are :excited:

3 minutes ago, BrickBob Studpants said:

Swift_bricks on IG got their hands on the anniversary sets, so I guess I won’t take long before we learn who the characters on the chocolate frog card tiles are :excited:

Fingers crossed they're as good as that Hengist of Woodcroft statue :grin:

There is a picture of frog cards up now! It do not look as they are named unfortunately, but even with the small picture it looks as they are possible to recognize and I am sure Lego will publish a list :classic:

34 minutes ago, Roebuck said:

There is a picture of frog cards up now! It do not look as they are named unfortunately, but even with the small picture it looks as they are possible to recognize and I am sure Lego will publish a list :classic:

No names, but WOW, they look amazing! That a hint of shiny to them? Sort of like foil trading cards! Looks like Rowena and Salazar are in there and possibly Godric. 

Can someone point me towards the box art leak? Or DM me the pic if you have it? Thanks. :classic:

From the picture, it looks like two different Dumbledores (Harris and Gambon), McGonagall, Ollivander, Gryffindor, Slytherin, and Ravenclaw.  The rightmost one I cannot identify, and there appears to be a duplicate Gambon Dumbledore in the lot.

The double one looks like Vitruvius - it might be an easter egg :) I love how they split the cards in three categories same as in the second HP game :D Rightmost one looks like Bertie Bott.

Edited by uPawelek