Captain Nemo

Harry Potter 2021 - Rumors & Discussion

Im warming up to the pack the more I think about it. 
The figures have a variety of good parts for making custom figures with the 2nd purchase. I can see myself adding beards and swapping hats/hair to make random Hogsmeade inhabitants, knight but passengers etc.
The brown Owl seals the deal for me.

I personally had Rufus penned in for a future CMF series, coming with a printed tile of the will, but this is fine for now.

I’m expecting a ‘Diagon alley’ shopping list to be one of the exclusive prints in the AC, since we have had an exclusive 2x3 printed tile in the past 2 so far. 

10 minutes ago, Clone OPatra said:

IMO also Draco was the worst. Cedric was a character in a unique outfit needed to complete the Graveyard Duel scene. Also gave us a unique Cedric face unlike the one used later in the sets, plus the legs were good for track pants in other settings. Draco brought nothing special whatsoever besides a recolour of the broom, which didn't even make sense because nobody has a dark green broom.

Hmm. Right you are, I was more pleased when I got the first one. (Which is probably the reaction that should count.) Unfortunately I was also fairly annoyed when I got the second (and third...), because the name on the jersey meant it really couldn't be used for anything else. I guess I sort of averaged my reactions and took the mean value. As was, I actively looked for more Dracos.

Looking at BL prices, Draco seems to go for a little more than Cedric, but both are on the cheap end of the spectrum. 

(Also: the green broom was/is useful for QQS MOCs, because only having one model to sell was sort of rubbish.)

Edited by krimimimi

11 minutes ago, krimimimi said:

Didn't realise how happy I'd be with Quidditch players in a CMF until @Metanoios91 described them. Bring it on, lego. :excited:

----

EDIT: basically what @Salix and @CloneO Patra said :laugh:. Right, so instead I'll ask: how many of you picked up multiples of the student accessory pack, and how many of you are likely to do the same for the inevitable Quidditch version? Bonus question: and how many of you are likely to do so despite not liking Quidditch? :wink:  

----

That said, chuffed to bits we didn't get yet another Cedric or Cho, and pleased as punch with miscellaneous witchards - but I can't see myself buying more than one of the new character packs, can anyone else?

The worst one for me was Cedric. You liked Draco less?

I actually picked up only one of the student packs, but if a quidditch pack would be released I'd definitely pick up 7. I want to make a quidditch pitch MOC so I want to have all 4 teams complete. I do like the current AP, so I will pick one up, but not more than 1. Worst one for me was Cedric as well. I had a lot of duplicates of him. But the minifigure was good.

The people who want a third of the potential CMF series to be pointless Quidditch players do realise that Harry, Hermione, Luna, Neville, and Dumbledore would most likely still be part of it too, right? :laugh_hard: Meaning there would only be 3 actually interesting characters left :tongue:

Just now, BrickBob Studpants said:

The people who want a third of the potential CMF series to be pointless Quidditch players do realise that Harry, Hermione, Luna, Neville, and Dumbledore would most likely still be part of it too, right? :laugh_hard: Meaning there would only be 3 actually interesting characters left :tongue:

I don't. I'd rather have the unique characters in the CMF and the massable ones in the AP. :P

33 minutes ago, Salix said:

I guess other countries got the magazines already.

It has been in my local rather big grocery store for a couple of weeks now in Norway, I got one and it cost around 10 euro so a rather expensive minifig here at least :shrug_oh_well:

@Salix and @krimimimi did you get multiple Cedrics because you buy CMF actually blind? Genuinely curious. I haven't bought any CMF blind pretty much ever so I'm always getting exactly what I want. With an eye to buying multiples Cedric definitely would rank below Draco, but from the perspective of buying just one for the purposes of having a unique character/outfit, Cedric was much better.

On the subject of Quidditch players in a CMF, I certainly would want to see HBP Quidditch Ron get the decked-out CMF treatment, but I wouldn't want a third of the series to go to Quidditch unless the series also covered all of the most notable character gaps in the HP line.

34 minutes ago, krimimimi said:

Right, so instead I'll ask: how many of you picked up multiples of the student accessory pack, and how many of you are likely to do the same for the inevitable Quidditch version? Bonus question: and how many of you are likely to do so despite not liking Quidditch? :wink:  

The only reason I can see myself picking up a Quidditch accessory pack would be some exclusive faceprints or printed pieces. I have no room for a Quidditch Pitch and therefore no use whatsoever for Quidditch robes. I am however planning on buying 2-4 of the upcoming accessory pack because it's just fantastic and has quite a number of really useful pieces.

1 hour ago, sebastian666 said:

Same. Other than Cormac McClaggen in his Goalkeeper uniform, I actually don’t have any additional Hogwarts quidditch minifigures on my list at all.

Tbh I quite want pepper figs of Katie Bell and Blaise Zabini. However that wouldn't require them to be in Quidditch robes. As Blaise is in the Slug Club, and Katie gets cursed.

I guess Roger Davis is also a character I want, as he'd complete the triwizard champions Yule Ball dates.

Edited by (Insert Name Here)

41 minutes ago, BrickBob Studpants said:

Great that they are pointless, so it shouldn't be all that bad that we didn't get a pointless Quidditch accessory pack? Also it isn't a law that every HP CMF has to include Luna, Dumbledore and Neville. You are extrapolating from only two data points which means you're conclusion is apriori scientifically flawed. Furthermore Lego and the designers can do whatever they want in the future.

And talking about 4 differently coloured variants of the same figure. Lego has done this in the CMF before with Fred and George (two slots for nearly identical twins) and Disney CMF (Chip and Dale and in the same series Huey, Dewey, and Louie Duck) which means 5 slots of the Disney CMF series 2 were in fact nearly identical figures just in different colours (7 slots even, if you include Mickey and Minnie which are basically the same colour and moulds with slightly different printing and were just rehashes of the Ideas figures). The Qudditch players I proposed would offer more variance than these.

Also Ron would fill one of the big three slots anyway (if we go by your logic that they have to be in there). So it is in fact only 3 figure slots not 4 that would be "wasted" by the Quidditch figures and they would give us unique face prints, leg prints/dual molding and new accessories, that an accessory pack never would. Theoretically the 2nd HP CMF only had 4 new characters that had never been released previously (Lily,James, Kingsley and Myrtle). All the other characters were just costume variants or rereleases. And the 1st CMF had only 7 out of 22 (<= 1/3) new characters (Cedric, Dean, Cho, Grindelwald, Queenie, Jacob and Credence). So only 3 or 4 "interesting" characters out of 12 would line up with the previous CMFs percentage-wise

Edited by Metanoios91

There are certainly Quidditch figures I'd be happy to get (Zabini, Zacharias Smith, Roger Davies, Bell, Johnson, Spinnet) but we'd be getting a Harry at least and possibly other better known characters.  I much prefer what we're getting personally as these characters would all have been longshots to come in regular sets.  Except from a Leaky Cauldron which I fear we are not ever going to be getting.

Rufus Scrimgeour in particular is a nice surprise if a little out of place, I do not think there was any other way we'd get him as he's not even featured in any significant ministry of magic scenes.

2 minutes ago, Metanoios91 said:

You are extrapolating from only two data points which means you're conclusion is apriori scientifically flawed.

I never said it‘s conclusive, just very likely, which it still is :wink: I‘ll only believe in a series without these 6 characters when I see it

5 minutes ago, Metanoios91 said:

Chip and Dale and in the same series Huey, Dewey, and Louie Duck

Chip and Dale have different head sculpts at least and the triplets only make a up a sixth of that series :tongue:

7 minutes ago, Metanoios91 said:

Great that they are pointless, so it shouldn't be all that bad that we didn't get a pointless Quidditch accessory pack?

The accessory packs seem to be a yearly thing now, so you can always hope for a Quidditch pack next year :shrug_oh_well: The new moulds you suggested do sound nice, but they’re pretty superfluous in my book. Their current versions work just fine.

Granted, I don‘t really care AT ALL about Quidditch, as you might be able to tell :laugh_hard: I‘m glad the filmmakers mostly reduced these scenes to only feature the matches that had any relevance to the plot

18 minutes ago, (Insert Name Here) said:

Tbh I quite want pepper figs of Katie Bell and Blaise Zabini. However that would require them to be in Quidditch robes.

I guess Roger Davis is also a character I want, as he'd complete the triwardard chhampions Yule Ball dates.

Yes! I want all three. Putting them in Quidditch robes gets me three of the four uniforms, and I have the school uniforms for them to attend classes. Add in Zacharias Smith and we have all four.  

19 minutes ago, lego_guyon02 said:

The only reason I can see myself picking up a Quidditch accessory pack would be some exclusive faceprints or printed pieces. I have no room for a Quidditch Pitch and therefore no use whatsoever for Quidditch robes. I am however planning on buying 2-4 of the upcoming accessory pack because it's just fantastic and has quite a number of really useful pieces.

New faces or hair pieces would help a lot, but I planned to have the Quidditch figs in the Great Hall, corridors and classrooms. At school the students on teams often wore their uniforms the day of matches, pretending they did so at Hogwarts solves my issue with having everyone in identical shirts. I also interspersed some of the old Quidditch jumpers for more variety, even just for regular students. 

1 hour ago, Clone OPatra said:

@Salix and @krimimimi did you get multiple Cedrics because you buy CMF actually blind? Genuinely curious. I haven't bought any CMF blind pretty much ever so I'm always getting exactly what I want. With an eye to buying multiples Cedric definitely would rank below Draco, but from the perspective of buying just one for the purposes of having a unique character/outfit, Cedric was much better.

On the subject of Quidditch players in a CMF, I certainly would want to see HBP Quidditch Ron get the decked-out CMF treatment, but I wouldn't want a third of the series to go to Quidditch unless the series also covered all of the most notable character gaps in the HP line.

I did buy the first HP CMF blindly for a while and then get them from webshops individually. For the second one I bought an entire box and gave two complete sets away to my sister and a friend (both are big HP fans) for their respective birthday. Agreed with the quidditch Ron and McLaggen (mentioned previously) those would fit in a CMF, or LEGO could make another Quidditch pitch set, but based on that movie instead. That way we'd also get Ginny in quidditch gear. But yeah, I wouldn't want a third of the CMF to go to fill this need. An AP would be more appropriate (I feel like a broken record, so I'll stop).

Edited by Salix

45 minutes ago, Clone OPatra said:

@Salix and @krimimimi did you get multiple Cedrics because you buy CMF actually blind? Genuinely curious.

Yes. And the results were probably worse because other people were able to fish out the interesting figs from those on offer. (Moody I felt was one of the better ones, because he was basically two characters.) My answer basically mirrors @Salix right down to eventually buying the whole box. (Which obviously left me with more Cedrics than anyone could reasonably want or need...) 

Another suggestion

For a character pack it would be interesting to get book-exclusive teachers like Grubbly Plank, Septima Vector and Binns. At least they were included in LEGO games

(Also Firenze, but he would be better as a CMF)

Another good character pack for army builders would be getting 3 generic Death Eaters

9 hours ago, NoOneOfImportance said:

So I was looking at the Creator thread, and I noticed that Creator Expert is apparently being renamed to LEGO Icons, at least internally. Given that we’ve heard that the new D2C is “Hogwarts Icons,” is there any chance that the “Icons” part of the name could just be referring to it being a part of the new “Icons” set collections? 

I think you could be right, and I really hope you're right. However, this might be an Occam's Razor situation where the simplest explanation is probably the best one. Parsing out the words in the rumored set name, there are definitely a number of possibilities, but I think the set will end up being well-recognized objects from Hogwarts Castle. LEGO will find a way to make it an interesting/cool set, but at this point I don't know that I will spend $250 on it. I'm ready to be surprised, though!

I was expecting the accessory pack to be Quidditch robes but I'm very pleased with this Diagon Alley based set instead.  I definitely plan to purchase more than one as I've already said.  The Acid Pop & Potion jars as well as the brown owl & list make it worth getting multiples.  I'd be surprised if any of those pieces ever become available through B&P so at least this is a way to get a few extras.  As I said yesterday I plan to mix around some of the pieces of the other figs as well as other minifig parts to make some more generic witches & wizards.  

I do still hope that at some point we are given the ability to build Hufflepuff & Ravenclaw quidditch teams with an accessory pack of some sort.  I hope they don't use another cmf series to do it though because I'd much rather see the limited slots go to other more requested figures.  I fear at some point they will make a new quidditch set using Gryffindor & Slytherin again with a totally new torso design rather than using either existing Ravenclaw and/or Hufflepuff torsos.  I have no desire to get minifig versions of any non-Hogwarts quidditch players and hope they never make any especially if it would be done using valuable cmf slots, to me they would be a total waste as I've no interest in trying to create more quidditch teams outside of Hogwarts.

Now that I've given it a bit of thought, getting a DA expansion pack instead of a quidditch pack makes complete sense. This isn't going to be the final Harry Potter accessory pack and the designers know that. Diagon Alley is still a recent set so if they're going to release an accessory pack to expand it now is the best time. Meanwhile there is no recent quidditch based set or even an old quidditch set on the market. Why not wait until we get a quidditch pitch remake in the next few years to release a quidditch accessory pack? The standard Hufflepuff sweater was exclusive to an expensive set for 2 years before appearing in an accessory pack, so why can't we wait a bit for an easy way to get ravenclaw quidditch robes which are far more niche? 

On the topic of a quidditch remake it's one of the few remakes I'm not dreading. This year's Hogwarts castle and flying lesson sets have shown that LEGO is finally going to give us ways to display all of the relevant figures flying which would really benefit a quidditch pitch set. I still hope LEGO waits until at least 2023 though. 

For those who may be interested, Fudge’s head (& hat) and the body of Amelia Earhart are available to purchase on Bricks & pieces now (UK), Great for customs! (You could make a Fudge out of Rufus from the pack for the Hogsmeade set, and I’m going to use Amelia’s body for Grubbly Plank!

Edited by Bugbot20082

@Bugbot20082: Thanks for the heads-up :thumbup: 

Does anyone recall when the AC leaked last year? I only remember that it happened shortly after the main wave was officially announced and that it finally exposed a certain liar, so probably around the beginning of May. If so, it could leak rather soon :excited: I just want to know if the minifig count has really been reduced to 5 as previously suggested or if there‘s a secret 6th one

1 hour ago, BrickBob Studpants said:

I just want to know if the minifig count has really been reduced to 5 as previously suggested or if there‘s a secret 6th one

Pretty sure it's just five.

4 minutes ago, lego_guyon02 said:

Pretty sure it's just five.

Meh. But at least we're getting some new prints :purrr: And a sixth figure probably wouldn't have been that interesting anyway, considering the AC seems to exclusively be based on PS 

2 hours ago, BrickBob Studpants said:

Meh. But at least we're getting some new prints :purrr: And a sixth figure probably wouldn't have been that interesting anyway, considering the AC seems to exclusively be based on PS 

It is. Builds I know of are PS/CoS as well.