Captain Nemo

Harry Potter 2021 - Rumors & Discussion

4 hours ago, Robert8 said:

My point is, if you are going to release a character pack, then include actual characters, not random extras

Like a quidditch team would make more sense as a character pack

But... It’s not a character pack. That’s not even a thing. It’s an “Accessory Pack”. And these figures are the perfect accessories to the Diagon Alley set. They aren’t “extras” by the way. They are the very first witch and wizard Harry meets in the Wizarding World and the Minister of Magic himself.

In other news - the packaging for the Accessory Pack has just leaked. It definitely looks like Diagon Alley in the background. I think that’s supposed to be Ollivander’s shop. Can’t make out the words to see if the minifig names are confirmed...

7 minutes ago, sebastian666 said:

In other news - the packaging for the Accessory Pack has just leaked. It definitely looks like Diagon Alley in the background. I think that’s supposed to be Ollivander’s shop. Can’t make out the words to see if the minifig names are confirmed...

Unfortunately they don't put the character names on the front, but we'll know once we see the back of the packaging :classic:. However, given that it has Diagon Alley on the packaging, I feel like Doris Crockford and Dedalus Diggle are the right guesses.

9 minutes ago, sebastian666 said:

But... It’s not a character pack. That’s not even a thing. It’s an “Accessory Pack”. 

Technically true but no one calls them that or buys them for the "accessories" for the most part. Most people buy them for the figures, so some generic figures of characters that appeared on screen for 6 seconds are kinda dissapointing.

1 minute ago, YetiZombie said:

Unfortunately they don't put the character names on the front, but we'll know once we see the back of the packaging :classic:. However, given that it has Diagon Alley on the packaging, I feel like Doris Crockford and Dedalus Diggle are the right guesses.

Agreed. Just took a closer look at the building... that’s not Ollivander’s. It’s Borgin and Burke’s! I wonder what this could mean...

So I was looking at the Creator thread, and I noticed that Creator Expert is apparently being renamed to LEGO Icons, at least internally. Given that we’ve heard that the new D2C is “Hogwarts Icons,” is there any chance that the “Icons” part of the name could just be referring to it being a part of the new “Icons” set collections? 

2 minutes ago, NoOneOfImportance said:

So I was looking at the Creator thread, and I noticed that Creator Expert is apparently being renamed to LEGO Icons, at least internally. Given that we’ve heard that the new D2C is “Hogwarts Icons,” is there any chance that the “Icons” part of the name could just be referring to it being a part of the new “Icons” set collections? 

Yeah that idea was already mentioned, it could be possible. Especially now, that they probably expand harry potter to a evergreen theme like star wars. Right now they mention everywhere the word collection :)

I think it's far more likely that the witch in the AP is Hestia Jones instead of Doris Crockford. We know she has black hair, just like the figure, and it makes a ton of sense to include her alongside Dedalus considering they were both part of the Advance Guard and the two of them were later tasked with the protection of the Dursleys. Scrimgeour and Harry's standard legs also point to it being based on the later movies, which would also make Hestia's inclusion more logical.

1 hour ago, lego_guyon02 said:

I think it's far more likely that the witch in the AP is Hestia Jones instead of Doris Crockford. We know she has black hair, just like the figure, and it makes a ton of sense to include her alongside Dedalus considering they were both part of the Advance Guard and the two of them were later tasked with the protection of the Dursleys. Scrimgeour and Harry's standard legs also point to it being based on the later movies, which would also make Hestia's inclusion more logical.

Hestia wasn't in the films, Emmeline Vance was though, and has dark hair.

3 hours ago, NoOneOfImportance said:

At least it got a name again. Calling it 18+ felt weird. And tbh Creator Expert was a good name. And your logic makes sense.

2 minutes ago, Salix said:

At least it got a name again. Calling it 18+ felt weird. And tbh Creator Expert was a good name. And your logic makes sense.

It was never called 18+ though, that's just a tag LEGO gives to sets they try to market to adults.

12 hours ago, lego_guyon02 said:

Random extras? Not actual characters? 

Rufus Scrimgeour - renowned Minister of Magic after Cornelius Fudge who openly defied Voldemort. Murdered after he chose brutal torture by the Dark Lord himself over giving up Harry Potter's location and played by the amazing Bill Nighy.
Dedalus Diggle - Order of the Phoenix member who appeared in several of the books/films, protected Harry as part of the Advance Guard and tasked with the protection of the Dursleys during the height of the Second Wizarding War. 

You couldn't possibly be more wrong.

(sorry for my approximative English grammar)

100% agreed !

When we've got another version of HP, Hermione, Neville, Luna etc....... people complain, when we've got "random" characters people complain, what's wrong I don't understand ? really !

This pack is so nice, 3 new characters , unique figs, a owl, some accessories to put in MOC.... for 15€ !   I love it ! more packs like this please LEGO :D !!!

It's not possible to have all of the characters we need in one year, be a collector mean to be patient ! 100% sure that Lego will give us Rita, Igor ... and so on in the future, be patient guys :D Take it easy, Collecting Lego is a long way and a pleasure ^^

Edited by BRIX LIFE

11 hours ago, Metanoios91 said:

Why not? Obviously a lot of people want Quidditch teams for all 4 houses and are outraged now.

So you basically want the worst minifig in the 1st CMF series to be multiplied by four in a series with an already reduced roster? :laugh: I get your point about army building, but including four Quidditch players in one series would be like having four recoloured vikings in the same regular series :tongue: Or four skateboarders

11 minutes ago, BrickBob Studpants said:

So you basically want the worst minifig in the 1st CMF series to be multiplied by four in a series with an already reduced roster? :laugh: I get your point about army building, but including four Quidditch players in one series would be like having four recoloured vikings in the same regular series :tongue: Or four skateboarders

There aren't that many new characters left to fill a regular series (and they will use some of the remaining character designs for upcoming sets as an incentive). Draco in the first CMF allowed them to introduce the Snitch mould (he was bad precisely for the same reason the other Quidditch players are bad - the plain white legs). Like I said they could do Ron with a new helmet and new broom (minifigs.psd on instagram did a nice version of him, see the link below), Hufflepuff chaser Zacharias Smith with a new face print, new quaffle mould and new dual-moulded broom (different colour), Cho Chang for Ravenclaw and a beater for Slytherin like Crabbe or Goyle (additional new face print) with a new bludger. All 4 would use the new broom mould closer resembling the Nimbus 2000/2001 (theoretically introduced via Cho as her only exclusive new mould, the others have the new moulded accessories) in different colour combinations: reddish brown + gold, silver + black, dark-tan + reddish brown and dark brown + gold

Let's say in a hypothetical 3rd CMF they could fill the gaps with these:

1. Madam Pomfrey

2. Werwolf Lupin

3. Chair-Slughorn

4. 2nd task Harry with Grindylow

5. 3rd year Hermione (white shirt) with time-turner mould and new print of the monster-book with a leather belt across the cover

7. Lucius Malfoy Death-Eater mask disguise (with new snake mould for a regular bar end)

8. Marge (blown-up)

https://www.instagram.com/p/CONvmm9JmsA/?utm_source=ig_web_copy_link

9 minutes ago, Metanoios91 said:

There aren't that many new characters left to fill a regular series (and they will use some of the remaining character designs for upcoming sets as an incentive). 

I don't know about all the other people here but I have a pretty lengthy list of characters and variants I would much rather get than more Quidditch figures.

3 hours ago, lego_guyon02 said:

No. While the hat/hair combo is abysmally inaccurate, that Vicki Vale torso is clearly meant to resemble Crockford's outfit from the first movie.

5 hours ago, Gnukan said:

When is the d2c typically leaked/revealed?

It varies sometimes they do not leak at all (I do not count leaks happening 24 hours or less before the reveal a leak)..

2 hours ago, BRIX LIFE said:

(sorry for my approximative English grammar)

100% agreed !

When we've got another version of HP, Hermione, Neville, Luna etc....... people complain, when we've got "random" characters people complain, what's wrong I don't understand ? really !

This pack is so nice, 3 new characters , unique figs, a owl, some accessories to put in MOC.... for 15€ !   I love it ! more packs like this please LEGO :D !!!

It's not possible to have all of the characters we need in one year, be a collector mean to be patient ! 100% sure that Lego will give us Rita, Igor ... and so on in the future, be patient guys :D Take it easy, Collecting Lego is a long way and a pleasure ^^

I agree :classic:

2 hours ago, lego_guyon02 said:

It was never called 18+ though, that's just a tag LEGO gives to sets they try to market to adults.

I know, but people had to call it something and that's what I often heared. Personally I still like to call it Creator Expert. :P

I do agree with the earlier comment saying we shouldn't include for Quidditch players in the cmf series. Especially as there's only 12 slots now I think it would be wasteful.

There are some characters I'd really like to see that Idk is we'd get in a set, and I'd hate for them to get replaced by quidditch robes.

Perhaps LEGO could do the Hall of Armour approach: release the main thing and then release an add-on. Give us a few more towers/stands for the quidditch pitch including a couple of quidditch players of each house. The accessory pack would've been the perfect place to give us a quidditch player of each house with some accessories though.

40 minutes ago, lego_guyon02 said:

I don't know about all the other people here but I have a pretty lengthy list of characters and variants I would much rather get than more Quidditch figures.

Same. Other than Cormac McClaggen in his Goalkeeper uniform, I actually don’t have any additional Hogwarts quidditch minifigures on my list at all. I have at least one Quidditch uniform from each House now, and if I really wanted more I can BrickLink a bunch and customize them.

I would, however, be okay with some new non-Hogwarts Quidditch minifigs - like Krum in his Bulgarian seeker uniform, an Irish player, maybe even a Chudley Cannons player in their iconic orange robes.

There are just so many more fascinating characters with interesting designs that we are still waiting for! I really can’t wrap my head around how someone would prefer a pack of four minifigs we already have to a pack of three brand new characters that we may never have seen in sets.

23 minutes ago, sebastian666 said:

Same. Other than Cormac McClaggen in his Goalkeeper uniform, I actually don’t have any additional Hogwarts quidditch minifigures on my list at all. I have at least one Quidditch uniform from each House now, and if I really wanted more I can BrickLink a bunch and customize them.

I would, however, be okay with some new non-Hogwarts Quidditch minifigs - like Krum in his Bulgarian seeker uniform, an Irish player, maybe even a Chudley Cannons player in their iconic orange robes.

There are just so many more fascinating characters with interesting designs that we are still waiting for! I really can’t wrap my head around how someone would prefer a pack of four minifigs we already have to a pack of three brand new characters that we may never have seen in sets.

Problem is that the Ravenclaw and Hufflepuff outfits are not very accessible as they're currently exclusive to Diagon Alley. However the Hufflepuff outfit will soon be very accessible in that magazine at least if you're lucky enough to live somewhere where it's sold. I'm still waiting for it to come to the Netherlands. As for the Ravenclaw outfit that remains exclusive to Diagon Alley for now so that's gonna be expensive to get a full team of.

I'm all for getting characters which we haven't gotten yet or since the reboot, but I would've preferred a quidditch accessory pack. Not that there's anything wrong with this pack.

EDIT: I just checked BrickLink and it seems the Ravenclaw quidditch torso is NOT sold by anyone atm. The Hufflepuff equivalent seems to be more available. I guess other countries got the magazines already.

EDIT2: Due to Clone OPatra's comment below I checked the mannequin instead and that's indeed sold for what was said below.

Edited by Salix

22 minutes ago, sebastian666 said:

I have at least one Quidditch uniform from each House now, and if I really wanted more I can BrickLink a bunch and customize them.

I really can’t wrap my head around how someone would prefer a pack of four minifigs we already have to a pack of three brand new characters that we may never have seen in sets.

Sure you can Bricklink them if cash is no problem. Currently the cheapest Ravenclaw Quidditch mannequin is selling for 6.34 euro on Bricklink. For US customers not wanting to pay absurd shipping, the cheapest is $10. The torso isn't currently available by itself at all. The Hufflepuff one is cheaper probably because of the magazine availablity - somebody has nearly 400 of them in the US for $2.50 a piece, and there are comparable prices in Poland. But, if the Ravenclaw one doesn't show up in a cheap set soon, its price is not going to drop.

Did you not understand the rationale behind the four-student pack from last year either? Obviously people don't care about the specific characters and just want the robes to build Hogwarts students. An accessory pack was the best chance to get easily accessible  and mass-able Hogwarts Quidditch robes for all four houses in one go. Instead, it's three new characters made out of (rare) reused parts, which many people will buy one of, and no obvious chance to get quantities of Hufflepuff and Ravenclaw robes directly from LEGO yet.

33 minutes ago, sebastian666 said:

Didn't realise how happy I'd be with Quidditch players in a CMF until @Metanoios91 described them. Bring it on, lego. :excited:

----

EDIT: basically what @Salix and @CloneO Patra said :laugh:. Right, so instead I'll ask: how many of you picked up multiples of the student accessory pack, and how many of you are likely to do the same for the inevitable Quidditch version? Bonus question: and how many of you are likely to do so despite not liking Quidditch? :wink:  

----

That said, chuffed to bits we didn't get yet another Cedric or Cho, and pleased as punch with miscellaneous witchards - but I can't see myself buying more than one of the new character packs, can anyone else?

2 hours ago, BrickBob Studpants said:

So you basically want the worst minifig in the 1st CMF series to be multiplied by four in a series with an already reduced roster?

The worst one for me was Cedric. You liked Draco less?

Edited by krimimimi
pipped to the post... ;-)

1 minute ago, krimimimi said:

The worst one for me was Cedric. You liked Draco less?

IMO also Draco was the worst. Cedric was a character in a unique outfit needed to complete the Graveyard Duel scene. Also gave us a unique Cedric face unlike the one used later in the sets, plus the legs were good for track pants in other settings. Draco brought nothing special whatsoever besides a recolour of the broom, which didn't even make sense because nobody has a dark green broom.