Captain Nemo

Harry Potter 2021 - Rumors & Discussion

8 minutes ago, Just_a_brick said:

Is that printed tile piece the Dumbledore army sign up sheet?  

Either that or the Diagon Alley shopping list (which would match size-wise with the Hogwarts letter from the first advent calendar).

At closer inspection it is the Dumbledore's army sign up sheet. The third name in the list says "Harry Potter" and the 7th "Luna Lovegood"

Edited by Metanoios91

are the dress piece and the tile the only exclusive parts?

the woman with the vicki vale torso looks like she has petunia's head...

1 minute ago, dyl-and said:

are the dress piece and the tile the only exclusive parts?

the woman with the vicki vale torso looks like she has petunia's head...

Yes the last accessory pack had also only two exclusive parts (Marauder's map and the Ravenclaw torso). Cho Chang's face print came also in the advent calendar

My thoughts on the new accessory pack:

Harry Potter: Not surprised he's included, it's rare to get anything without Harry. Would've maybe like a unique face though.

Rufus Scrimgeour: From the picture I don't think it looks very much like him. I'm okay with seeing a figure of him, as I don't know where else we'd get him (unless they put him in something like a Bill & Fleurs wedding set)

Dedalus Diggle: While he was a character in the books, I don't care for his inclusion, and the minifure doesn't look that great either. Looking at his background character in the film, the hat should've been in burgundy.

Doris Crockford: At least this character is named in Philosopher's Stone, so she's slightly more worthy of an inclusion. Barely looks like the character though. I think the new McGonnagal hair/hat piece is too big on some figures.

The rest of the pieces are okay. I guess it's a nice cheap way to get the jars of acid pops and potion leaves prints (still no clue what it says on the leaf jar though). Like the look of the shopping list print.

I just think it's annoying that Lego keep including random background characters that barely appear in the films: Professor Sinistra, Florean Fortescue.

When they could be adding other characters who are in the films: Percy Weasley, Madam Pomfrey, Rita Skeeter, Igor Karkaroff, Barty Crouch Senior.

I'd even take characters who are prominent in deleted scenes: Mr Borgin, Ernie MacMillan.

47 minutes ago, (Insert Name Here) said:

Percy Weasley, Madam Pomfrey, Rita Skeeter, Igor Karkaroff, Barty Crouch Senior

I suppose (and hope) they think these charachters would fit better in a future minifigure series.

So glad the accessory pack isn't Quidditch related, this looks pretty great! The figures look good, although the amount of reused prints is unfortunate, and I love the small table build with the Acid Pops, owl, boxes etc. 

Don't really care for the BH but Nagini looks great.

59 minutes ago, (Insert Name Here) said:

The rest of the pieces are okay. I guess it's a nice cheap way to get the jars of acid pops and potion leaves prints (still no clue what it says on the leaf jar though). Like the look of the shopping list print.

I just think it's annoying that Lego keep including random background characters that barely appear in the films: Professor Sinistra, Florean Fortescue.

When they could be adding other characters who are in the films: Percy Weasley, Madam Pomfrey, Rita Skeeter, Igor Karkaroff, Barty Crouch Senior.

I'd even take characters who are prominent in deleted scenes: Mr Borgin, Ernie MacMillan.

This. Where are Bill, Percy, Igor, Barty Crouch, a neatly dressed Sirius, Battle worn Deathly-Hallows Neville etc. Those are the characters you can't have enough of, tho I'm glad with Rufus!

1 hour ago, (Insert Name Here) said:

You do realize this is a simple character pack and not CMF series 3? 

These packs are the perfect opportunity for lego to throw in background characters for cheap. Almost all those characters you mentioned deserve to be featured in sets or CMF series. Most need new prints and molds that lego doesn’t provide in Accessory Pack sets. Imagine if they gave us Rita and Madam Pomfrey without the new molds needed to accurately represent them. Y’all still would have complained about the character pack. 

Everyone complained that DA was empty and needed some more figs. Congrats y’all got your wish but it’s never enough for you guys. 

Edited by Just_a_brick

Yes! I knew it! For the folks who have been on here since last year and remember my musings about the D2C Diagon Alley set, you will understand my joy and excitement at seeing DEDALUS DIGGLE and DORIS CROCKFORD in the new Diagon Alley minifig accessory pack! These were the top two minifigs I was hoping for in the D2C Diagon Alley set. The first witch and wizard Harry meets inside the Leaky Cauldron. These characters and their lines are so random yet so iconic to me when I think of our very first taste of the magic and mystery of the Wizarding World that we first experience in Diagon Alley. The minifigs and the entire accessory pack looks amazing. What a wonderful surprise. And thank God we didn’t get more Quidditch stuff! This little taste of Diagon Alley gives me hope that LEGO  may yet surprise us with Gringott’s this year after all...

Honestly delighted with this accessory pack

Given the fact that you don't seem to get more than 2 new prints with these, I'm so glad with the variety here.  Much better than a Hogwarts robes/Quidditch accessory pack for me as I like getting new characters.

- Harry is Harry, nothing more to add.

- Dedalus Diggle is actually a very decent representation although it'll annoy me having to wizards with the same torso in Diagon Alley...

- Doris Crockford is another great inclusion, not remotely accurate to be honest (if this is indeed supposed to be her), but the hat piece still looks great and the dress print is really nice.

- Rufus Scrimgeour is also great to get, again I think he looks as decent as we could have hoped when being composed of existing parts.

The props are nice, everything about this makes for a great addition to Diagon Alley.

For those wishing for more important characters, if LEGO knows about Dedalus Diggle then they know the big characters we're missing.  We'll get Percy, Rita, Pomfrey etc. in due course, LEGO needs to save some to keep the attraction going in future waves. 

1 hour ago, (Insert Name Here) said:

(still no clue what it says on the leaf jar though)

My theory on this is that it's a jar of Bezoars (the potion ingredient mentioned in first potions lesson and that Harry uses to save Ron in Slughorn's office).

The lettering nearly seems to match, though definitely looks like an A rather than a B at the front... and the actual ingredients certainly work as a colourful LEGO-ified interpretation of stones found in the stomach of a goat.

14 minutes ago, sebastian666 said:

DEDALUS DIGGLE and DORIS CROCKFORD

Now we only miss a Leaky Cauldron where to put them :snicker:

That witch looks nothing like Doris Crockford besides the torso though...honestly I think she could just be a generic witch.

Why do people think that's Doris Crockford? It doesn't look anything like her and no matter how hard I try I can't even see the tiniest resemblance. Still a really good witch figure though. 

30 minutes ago, Just_a_brick said:

You do realize this is a simple character pack and not CMF series 3? 

These packs are the perfect opportunity for lego to throw in background characters for cheap. Almost all those characters you mentioned deserve to be featured in sets or CMF series. Most need new prints and molds that lego doesn’t provide in Accessory Pack sets. Imagine if they gave us Rita and Madam Pomfrey without the new molds needed to accurately represent them. Y’all still would have complained about the character pack. 

Everyone complained that DA was empty and needed some more figs. Congrats y’all got your wish but it’s never enough for you guys. 

Exactly this.

3 minutes ago, YetiZombie said:

That witch looks nothing like Doris Crockford besides the torso though...honestly I think she could just be a generic witch.

I doubt they're just generic characters as I seem to recall the characters all being named on the back of the last student accessory pack.

Agree that the head/hat don't look anything like Doris Crockford - I reckon LEGO started with a hat piece for a witch then picked Petunia's face to match the hair colour.  If there were any characters where I wouldn't be too fussed with LEGO deviating from the films then it's these.

1 minute ago, lego_guyon02 said:

Why do people think that's Doris Crockford? It doesn't look anything like her and no matter how hard I try I can't even see the tiniest resemblance. Still a really good witch figure though. 

Exactly. I'm also not convinced that the wizard with the hat is Deadalus Diggle, even though that is a bit closer. Diggle should be wearing a red hat, and he doesn't have a beard.

3 minutes ago, Yope said:

I doubt they're just generic characters as I seem to recall the characters all being named on the back of the last student accessory pack.

There have been accessory packs with generic figures though, like the Black Widow and Falcon team-up. That comes with two AIM agents which aren't named.

Well, I suppose that all three characters can be random witch and wizards. Even the one that seem Scrimgeour.

Edited by BrickMatit

11 minutes ago, YetiZombie said:

Exactly. I'm also not convinced that the wizard with the hat is Deadalus Diggle, even though that is a bit closer. Diggle should be wearing a red hat, and he doesn't have a beard.

There have been accessory packs with generic figures though, like the Black Widow and Falcon team-up. That comes with two AIM agents which aren't named.

True, but superhero sets generally need villains for kids to play with and Marvel is filled with nameless foes for the superheroes to show off their powers against.

It's possible that the characters are just generic but I think the "Dedalus Diggle" figure is as good a representation of Diggle as could possibly have been made using existing parts - same goes for Scrimgeour.  If we're then to assume that it is Diggle then it would make sense for the only named witch featured in the same scene to be the one chosen here, and if so then the torso is a good choice (tried to link a picture) and they've picked a witch's hair/hat piece which is as close as you could get with a face print to match the hair.  Mind you, the McGonagall hair/hat colouring would have been much better imo, not sure what face would have worked with that.

HP原著解析】那些《哈利波特》旧版中姓名有误的小角色- 知乎

Edit: changed the picture to one of Doris and Dedalus.

Edited by Yope

474a083f9a37091389a9caa2c680e769.jpg

Doris from the game. 

I must admit this pack doesn't excite me, but I'll certainly get one. 

20 minutes ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

Well this pack is cool. Not very exciting, but I like it.

It's a great way to get characters that don't fit into an upcoming set, and aren't interesting enough to be in a CMF, I just hope it's interesting enough for casual HP fans to pick up who aren't too familiar with these characters. I want Lego to keep making these minifig packs, since there are still so many characters and variants we would love to get, so I hope this pack sells well!

Since Doris and Diggle were both in the Leaky Cauldron, does this mean NO pub in the near future (like Griphook in the CMF due to no Gringotts when the CMF was out), or does it mean a Leaky Cauldron IS coming but they wanted to save budget for more familiar minifigs in the set (like Moaning Myrtle in the CMF to compliment the upcoming bathroom set)? If the pack is still on shelves in summer 2022, I figure it might be either way, since we will see a return to "normal" sets next year.

5 minutes ago, Soupperson1 said:

Is Rufus’ face not new because it looks spot on? Who was it used on in the past? 

Wuher.