Captain Nemo

Harry Potter 2021 - Rumors & Discussion

So the brickheadz are not GWP, with a release on June 1? What are the chances of us getting a Harry Potter GWP this year? Fingers crossed for a flying key GWP (you can always dream) :moar:

The accessory pack has been leaked/revealed :excited: Are these random witches and wizards or specific characters? Great pack either way :drool:

6 minutes ago, BrickBob Studpants said:

The accessory pack has been leaked/revealed :excited: Are these random witches and wizards or specific characters? Great pack either way :drool:

Harry, Rufus, Ollivander and I don’t know the woman.

But yes tis amazing! :pir-wub:

Edited by Soupperson1

3 minutes ago, Soupperson1 said:

Harry, Rufus, Ollivander and I don’t know the woman.

Ollivander doesn’t have a top hat though :head_back: And could the character on the left really be Scrimgeour? If so, that would mark our very first DH part 1 representation :excited:

I'm not sure who any of these are, not definitively anyway. Seems reeeeeealy weird if they are DH characters. The woman in green could be Rita, but I don't think so. I think my money is these are shopkeepers to fill out the rest of the shops from DA.

Just now, Childe_Roland said:

I'm not sure who any of these are, not definitively anyway. Seems reeeeeealy weird if they are DH characters. The woman in green could be Rita, but I don't think so. I think my money is these are shopkeepers to fill out the rest of the shops from DA.

Agreed, my first thought was 100% putting these in my DA.

3 minutes ago, Balrogofmorgoth said:

Looks like Dedalus Diggle to me

If it’s Diggle, he’s just Ollivander in a hat with different legs. :sad:

Nice variety and cool to get the sand green Vicky Vale torso in such a cheap set. I count 3 (or 4) exclusive prints (the dark green skirt, the face on the left, the shopping list). The face of the woman could be new but I think it might be Petunia's, not sure though. The wizard that could Daedalus Diggle uses Ben Kenobi's head and Ollivander's torso

2 minutes ago, Soupperson1 said:

If it’s Diggle, he’s just Ollivander in a hat with different legs. :sad:

He has Obi-Wan's face print with a beard so he is facially quite different, but yes the torso could have been better

3 minutes ago, BrickMatit said:

Not sure about the witch, could she be Doris Crockford?

That’s what I thought at first but there’s really no resemblance at all when you really look at it. The outfit doesn’t match at all and neither does the hat

Edited by Balrogofmorgoth

1 minute ago, Balrogofmorgoth said:

That’s what I thought at first but there’s really no resemblance at all when you really look at it. The outfit doesn’t match at all and neither does the hat

Yes... but at the moment I can't remember any other character that would fit with the minifig. Could she be a witch that doesn't appear in movies?

I think the witch is just a generic pedestrian in Diagon Alley. They reused the rare and exclusive (till now) sand green torso from Vicky Vale + Sinitra's hat & hair piece and gave her a new exclusive skirt print, which works also really well with the dark green evil wizard torso from last year's Build-a-Minifig. The guy on the left could be used as Scrimgeour and he has a new face print, although the torso is a reuse from an expensive Jurassic World set as well

2 minutes ago, BrickMatit said:

Yes... but at the moment I can't remember any other character that would fit with the minifig. Could she be a witch that doesn't appear in movies?

They could have just thrown in a random witch to help populate DA. It’s odd that she gets the exclusive printing over all the named characters though

The torso from "Rufus" is the same like from 76157 right?

1 minute ago, Xcube said:

The torso from "Rufus" is the same like from 76157 right?

Yes it's originally from 2018s Jurassic World 75930 but was reused twice in the DC superheroes line (once for Maxwell Lord and the other time for Bruce Wayne)

I’m glad Scrimgeour got a new faceprint, I’m curious to get a better look at it. He’s someone I’ve been wanting for a long time. The reused torso is close enough that it doesn’t bother me but the face needs to be good

I guess we'll be waiting a bit longer for that Quidditch pack we all thought we were getting.  I'm happy they surprised us with this different group though.  I'm thinking it might be meant to be some of the Leaky Cauldron patrons.  Nice to get some generic figures for Diagon Alley.  I'll be getting a few of these and mixing some parts around to make more shopping wizards.

The face on Scrimgeour definitely isn't new, it's from Wuher (the Mos Eisley Cantina bartender). Still a great print to get in a cheap set, and not a bad likeness.

Also, I think the Vicki Vale torso works quite well for Doris Crockford- it's a good translation, and Diggle looks nice too, though I'd have preferred if they'd used the 2018 Ollivander torso so he wouldn't be matching with Ollivander in DA.

Also, Harry's using the robes from DA, not the new 2021 print.

9 minutes ago, Retro Brick Reviews said:

The face on Scrimgeour definitely isn't new, it's from Wuher (the Mos Eisley Cantina bartender). Still a great print to get in a cheap set, and not a bad likeness.

Edit: you're right. Sorry was looking at the old version of Wuher on Bricklink but it is the one from the new Cantina

Edited by Metanoios91

DA expansion pack was a little smaller than we where expecting this year, but looks great and it even has a owl :grin_wub:

So, this reveal makes me wonder. This seems completely, totally, unequivocally unconnected to absolutely everything to do with the anniversary wave. And, while, these packs certainly don't have to correlate to current sets, the student pack last year fit the new hogwarts expansion. All this to say, could these correlate to the D2C? I know the name is icons, but we really don't know what that means. It could be a new subtheme name, or misunderstood, or even changed. Who knows, nothing is concrete until we hear from Lego. Just makes me think maybe the D2C could at least be minifigure scale.

My firsts thoughts were ‘looks great!...What is it?’

I don’t have DA as I don’t have the space, but I do have the knight bus and these would be great passengers to fill it up with