Captain Nemo

Harry Potter 2021 - Rumors & Discussion

15 hours ago, Maple said:

One thing I'm curious about, which probably got brought up and I missed it, what colour roofs do everyone prefer? I kind of miss sand green and liking how the anniversary sets look. :)

I prefer the dark blueish gray roofs. But I still like the anniversary sets. I just don't like it that they won't match with the other 2018+ stuff. :/

1 hour ago, sebastian666 said:

A new image of Nearly Headless Nick showing his Glow In The Dark features just leaked. Looks great. I guess it’s not technically a leak since the sets have been revealed. Here it is:

https://www.instagram.com/p/COSV0MHpJ6I/?igshid=h5ci5nql702z

That looks so amazing, but what's with the hands though :grin: 

Lego really has upped their game with the minifigures in these sets.

3 hours ago, Salix said:

I prefer the dark blueish gray roofs. But I still like the anniversary sets. I just don't like it that they won't match with the other 2018+ stuff. :/

I wish they matched too, but kid of wish that they were all sand green.

26 minutes ago, BrickBob Studpants said:

They’re probably white instead of GITD :laugh:

Yup, seems like that is the case unfortunately. Maybe it has something to do with the friction in the hand joints, so they couldn't make them with the glow in the dark plastic. Similar to how the technic pins only come in certain colors.

It's a shame cause it would look amazing combined with those big glow in the dark ghost shroud pieces where only the arms and a tiny bit of the legs is exposed.

19 hours ago, Maple said:

One thing I'm curious about, which probably got brought up and I missed it, what colour roofs do everyone prefer? I kind of miss sand green and liking how the anniversary sets look. :)

I prefer the gray, but the sand green isn't bad.

I just find it more annoying at Lego's inconsistency in the new line. When the first new line of sets first came out (Great Hall & Whomping Willow) it established that they were using gray and not sand green.

And then they started added it in the Astronomy Tower and now all the new sets are green. I get they wanted to do it for the anniversary, but for people who want to collect all the latest sets they're not going to match nicely.

19 hours ago, Maple said:

I have extremely fond memories of building and playing with 5378 when I first really got into LEGO so seeing sand green roofs come back makes me extremely nostalgic. While the gray probably is more accurate, I like the overall look the sand green gives the builds in terms of color.

SpinMaster has become the lead developer of Harry Potter toys and they are releasing a Hogwarts castle with stackable classrooms. Interestingly, they are marketing Hermione as the lead character. The range looks adorable! 

10 hours ago, (Insert Name Here) said:

I prefer the gray, but the sand green isn't bad.

I just find it more annoying at Lego's inconsistency in the new line. When the first new line of sets first came out (Great Hall & Whomping Willow) it established that they were using gray and not sand green.

And then they started added it in the Astronomy Tower and now all the new sets are green. I get they wanted to do it for the anniversary, but for people who want to collect all the latest sets they're not going to match nicely.

The way i see it, it’s just a spin off of their anniversary and not really a spin off of their hogwarts sets, I’m sure we’ll get an expansion set, either way i got myself light bluish gray roof tiles for them just in case they don’t

31 minutes ago, lego_guyon02 said:

One of the new City sets comes with the snake piece with a new print on it, looks perfect for Nagini!

That egg with the dragon / crocodile eye print is also in one of the sets so it wasn't Jurassic Park either.

18 minutes ago, BacktoBricks said:

That egg with the dragon / crocodile eye print is also in one of the sets so it wasn't Jurassic Park either.

Called it :laugh:

51 minutes ago, lego_guyon02 said:

One of the new City sets comes with the snake piece with a new print on it, looks perfect for Nagini!

Agreed. This makes the previous version look very bland in comparison :grin: Maybe it’ll show up in a DH set at some point :classic:

Will the flying lesson 76395 be a Lego exclusive set? Because I have not seen that any other shop has listed the set. On the Lego shop website it is labeled with a release date in June.

Out of curosity. In Hogsmeade, are the windows in Honeyduke's a print or a sticker? I cannot tell. 

I'm hoping to get two of them and make a Mega-Hogsmeade. Honeyduke's would look more like the Universal Studios store! 

3 minutes ago, Prometheus87 said:

Out of curosity. In Hogsmeade, are the windows in Honeyduke's a print or a sticker? I cannot tell. 

I'm hoping to get two of them and make a Mega-Hogsmeade. Honeyduke's would look more like the Universal Studios store! 

Not 100% sure but I think they might actually be stickers.

Main thing that catches my attention is the view from the back, rendered vs lifestyle: 

76388_alt10.jpg

76388_alt12.jpg

In the rendered boxart version they look pretty much the same as from the front but in the lifestyle picture they're really washed out and white. 

4 hours ago, lego_guyon02 said:

Not 100% sure but I think they might actually be stickers.

Main thing that catches my attention is the view from the back, rendered vs lifestyle: 

76388_alt10.jpg

76388_alt12.jpg

In the rendered boxart version they look pretty much the same as from the front but in the lifestyle picture they're really washed out and white. 

I’ve just checked the printed windows from the Quality Quidditch supplies and they look the same from the inside because the printing is only on the outside and you can’t see the edge of the printing because of the edge of the piece. That said the 2x5 pieces in QQS are a bit thicker than the curved 4x5 which are used in Honeydukes :look: ... I really hope they’re printed in the set, like how curved cockpits  usually are in Star Wars. 

Also for anyone planning on expanding the rock foundation in the new Hogwarts sets: the new Lego City Lion set has SIX of the rock panels the Chamber of Secrets uses. It’s probably cheaper to order the piece on its own online but will be handy if you’re already interested in Lego lions like I am 😁

10 hours ago, Darth Shadowthrone said:

Also for anyone planning on expanding the rock foundation in the new Hogwarts sets: the new Lego City Lion set has SIX of the rock panels the Chamber of Secrets uses. It’s probably cheaper to order the piece on its own online but will be handy if you’re already interested in Lego lions like I am 😁

That's an excellent idea and makes it more likely I'll get the lion set too as I actually thought it's a bit on the expensive side for just some lions 😇

The windows are stickers, in the lifestyle images form the front, you can see the uneven texture of the sticker.

3 hours ago, deskp said:

The windows are stickers, in the lifestyle images form the front, you can see the uneven texture of the sticker.

Oh that’s a shame. 

To be honest the Hogsmede set is one I’m  not really in a hurry to get, I’ll probably get it on a discount eventually but I plan on getting the new Hogwarts bits first 

New Elementary has now posted their review of the parts of the two Brickheadz sets, but no pictures of the boxes or builds so I still haven't actually seen the Voldemort one. Is a pic out there on another site?

EDIT: nevermind, seen it now. That Voldemort, Nagini and Bellatrix one is a lot of fun. And Hagrid is SO much better than the GWP one.

2 minutes ago, BrickBob Studpants said:

The second Brickheadz set has leaked, and Nagini looks adorable :wub:

Not leaked actually - seems the review embargo is up. So it hasn't been officially revealed by LEGO but the reveal is allowed.

Amazing actually that it DIDN'T leak earlier.

8 minutes ago, Clone OPatra said:

Not leaked actually - seems the review embargo is up. So it hasn't been officially revealed by LEGO but the reveal is allowed.

Amazing actually that it DIDN'T leak earlier.

You’re right, reviews are dropping left and right. Apparentlly, they’re really good at keeping Brickheadz a secret :laugh: