Captain Nemo

Harry Potter 2021 - Rumors & Discussion

22 minutes ago, Xcube said:

I had a similar idea :) I added the chess set to the layout and made already a mocced part to connect the great hall with the forbidden corridor. The RoR isn't on the final position, but I will probably make there a wall, that look similar.

This one is nice, 360 degree model. I see that you also connected new Great Hall and tower to Astronomy Tower set :D

3 minutes ago, Textorix said:

This one is nice, 360 degree model. I see that you also connected new Great Hall and tower to Astronomy Tower set :D

Yeah thanks to your comment a few days ago with the long gallery :)

43 minutes ago, Xcube said:

Yeah thanks to your comment a few days ago with the long gallery :)

I am happy that I gave you some inspiration.

Also while building it I realized how tiny new Great Hall is compared to 2018 one and how useful that is because that way 2018 Great Hall will stay dominant in castle layout :D

Edited by Textorix

30 minutes ago, Textorix said:

I am happy that I gave you some inspiration.

Also while building it I realized how tiny new Great Hall is compared to 2018 one and how useful that is because that way 2018 Great Hall will stay dominant in castle layout :D

Just seen your layout. Brilliant job, I love it.

Has anyone been able to figure out exactly how many grilled 8x8 dark tan plates are present in the upcoming wave?  I would like to Bricklink solid replacements for some of them.  Thanks!

Oh, and Textorix, you're one of those people on the Internet who just astonishes me with their ingenuity and brilliance.  Your layout just made it even harder for me to wait until June :laugh:

14 minutes ago, RogueTwo said:

Has anyone been able to figure out exactly how many grilled 8x8 dark tan plates are present in the upcoming wave?  I would like to Bricklink solid replacements for some of them.  Thanks!

Oh, and Textorix, you're one of those people on the Internet who just astonishes me with their ingenuity and brilliance.  Your layout just made it even harder for me to wait until June :laugh:

Thank you very much man, I am happy you like it. I cant tell you 100% because I built these new sets only by released pictures but to me it seems there are 4 grilled 8x8 plates in flying lesson set and 2 in Forbidden Corridor. I dont think COS set has any and with other sets I am not really sure.

Edited by Textorix

7 minutes ago, RogueTwo said:

To my knowledge, it's 2 dark tan & 1 dark grey in the Forbidden Corridor, 4 dark tan in the Flying Lesson, and 2 dark tan & 4 dark drey in the Chamber of Secrets.

1 minute ago, Retro Brick Reviews said:

To my knowledge, it's 2 dark tan & 1 dark grey in the Forbidden Corridor, 4 dark tan in the Flying Lesson, and 2 dark tan & 4 dark drey in the Chamber of Secrets.

Sadly, that number seems more accurate than what Textorix estimated above :sadnew:

Thanks, both of you, for your quick replies!

13 minutes ago, Retro Brick Reviews said:

Oh wow I didnt know there are so many of them in these sets... I guess I need to update it in my model in studio because I used solid plates there :D

Edited by Textorix

Textorix, I just took down all my Hogwarts to make room for the new one and now wishing I kept it all to create your design, and just make more room for it all. Oh well. Maybe a nice Summer project and will be good to rebuild and reappreciate the design and stickers and all those things.

Its a nice to see that I convinced so many people (including myself) that these new Hogwarts sets actually work pretty well with 2018-2020 ones :)

17 hours ago, Textorix said:

When june sets release I will post updated version 

This is great! I really like your vision and how you arranged sets. Thank you for sharing. Please, share the updates, and where would you add room of requirement. 

I wonder if there's any chance of there being secret August sets like in 2019. It feels weird that there's no Chamber of Flying Keys or final challenge, especially when there's a gap next to the Devil's Snare (where they put Lockhart's classroom) and that we're getting golden Quirrell but not regular. 

3 minutes ago, BrickFunatic said:

I wonder if there's any chance of there being secret August sets like in 2019. It feels weird that there's no Chamber of Flying Keys or final challenge, especially when there's a gap next to the Devil's Snare (where they put Lockhart's classroom) and that we're getting golden Quirrell but not regular. 

Not really, the chances are so slim that they practically don't exist.

24 minutes ago, BrickFunatic said:

Not likely. In 2019 we knew there would be two August sets, just not what they would be. This year, we don't have any outlying set numbers left to my knowledge. The only possibility is set 76390, since the June wave skips from 76389 to 76391, but, if we don't have a price by now, I'm not holding my breath.

39 minutes ago, Retro Brick Reviews said:

Not likely. In 2019 we knew there would be two August sets, just not what they would be. This year, we don't have any outlying set numbers left to my knowledge. The only possibility is set 76390, since the June wave skips from 76389 to 76391, but, if we don't have a price by now, I'm not holding my breath.

As the person above me has said, this set number is for the Advent Calendar.

There aren't any chances for a mystery set tbh.

52 minutes ago, Xcube said:

But the 76390 is the calendar

Oh, my mistake. In that case, a mystery set is nigh-impossible. That said, I'm more with satisfied with what we've already gotten, it's already the GOAT HP wave.

1 hour ago, BrickFunatic said:

In the images with all the sets combined, the lockhart room is the only one without stones on the outside that is on ground level. That is a little strange and we are missing some challenges that could fit there. However, I don't expect more to come that we wouldn't already know.

Edited by OrderOfTheBrick
Typo

Just saw that this new wave has a ton of new Hogwarts bits and it looks like they're all compatible with the last 3 years of sets! That said, where will they each fit with the existing bits? Apologies if this has already been discussed at length, I'm not fully caught up with this thread just yet.

Okay so I added Whopming Willow and Room of Requirement. When I will have more time I will add Chamber of Secrets and some rock basement too. For those who are interested in making their own Hogwarts layout I can give you my stud.io models of all sets so you dont have to spend few days building it as I did :D Oh and by the way I estimated the size of this layout for 75x125 cm so it needs a big table or vitrine for display :D

2NbI3Gt.jpg

B8QIZnD.jpg

XVAiy5z.jpg

0pJ39zr.jpg

Edited by Textorix

1 hour ago, Textorix said:

Okay so I added Whopming Willow and Room of Requirement. When I will have more time I will add Chamber of Secrets and some rock basement too. For those who are interested in making their own Hogwarts layout I can give you my stud.io models of all sets so you dont have to spend few days building it as I did :D Oh and by the way I estimated the size of this layout for 75x125 cm so it needs a big table or vitrine for display :D

Nice to see the full diorama (brings back memories from 2010), good work on it! That Room of Requirement still is very puzzly, regarding its location.

I started thinking seriously about the omissions from last year's 75978 Diagon Alley.

It's almost 100% certain that we'll be getting a Deathly Hallows Gringotts Escape set next year.  Honestly, I think $250 would be the perfect price, if not a little too pricy to do the scene justice.  For a $300-400 price point, I think they could randomly throw in the Leaky Cauldron, but I hope there isn't another LEGO Harry Potter set that's so expensive.

I just can't see the Leaky Cauldron happening as a standalone set, at least not until this theme is old and grey.  Not because it's a pub (we all know LEGO doesn't care about that) but because it's a dark, dingy, and fairly generic building.  Borgin and Burke's seems much more likely, possibly at the $80-ish price point.  Other shops, such as the Magical Menagerie and Eeylop's Owl Emporium, will probably never ever see the light of day, and honestly I'm okay with that.