Captain Nemo

Harry Potter 2021 - Rumors & Discussion

2 hours ago, Seaber said:

Nah, all interiors have been good so far, they've just got better as they've gone along IMO. The Great Hall was wonderful for example, but the GS Tower was rather bland - likewise the Clock Tower was great apart from the barren entrance. 

Exactly, every set had weak room in terms of interior, 2018 Great Hall had bland tower, Clock Tower had nothing in entrance room, Astronomy tower had decent rooms but nothing crazy... overall 2018-2020 line had very decent interiors. With this wave its wery similar as COS set has blad Great Hall interior but amazing rooms in tower section. 

2 hours ago, Retro Brick Reviews said:

Wow, a sticker. That definitely makes up for a classroom that's only four studs deep, with exactly one cramped student desk. I have no idea why people would say the previous interiors were bad.

That said, the only new sets with fantastic interiors are the Polyjuice and the Chamber of Secrets. Flying Lesson is pretty much on par with the 2018-20 sets, albeit perhaps a bit nicer with the trophy case, and the Fluffy set is downright atrocious.

All Hogwarts sets ranked by interior (imo), worst to best:

9. Hogwarts Fluffy Encounter

8. Hogwarts Clock Tower

7. Hogwarts Room of Requirement

6. Hogwarts Great Hall

5. Hogwarts Astronomy Tower

4. Hogwarts First Flying Lesson

3. Hogwarts Whomping Willow

2. Hogwarts Polyjuice Potion Mistake

1. Hogwarts Chamber of Secrets

Clock Tower had also very detailed Hospital wing, Dumbledores office and prefect bathroom yet you put it almost at the bottom of the list which is rather weird...its not the best but definetely in top 3-4. Maybe new sets have bigger rooms but in terms of details they have the same amount of them if not less.

Edited by Textorix

First of all I would like to say that I thought the idea of them restarting the castle was terrible, I found a lack of respect with the consumer.
Don't get me wrong, I love the idea of the minifigures with the black clothes, but if the idea of this wave was based on the 2001 sets, shouldn't the minifigures just come with a gray sweater and then put a black fabric cover on them?

Am I the only one who’s really happy that we’re getting 4 Hogwarts sets this year? We haven’t had that many in a single year since 2004!

Really hope that this sets a precedent for small Hogwarts sets if we get more green-roof bits next year. 

1 hour ago, Textorix said:

Clock Tower had also very detailed Hospital wing, Dumbledores office and prefect bathroom yet you put it almost at the bottom of the list which is rather weird...

I like the Clock Tower personally but the "Hospital Wing" was shoehorned awkwardly around the (fairly useless) clock mechanism, and Dumbledore's Sticker Office was downright terrible. The way the instructions had it for the office left barely any room for figures in front of his desk, and lots of useless inaccessible room behind!

IMO on the interior as-built the Clock Tower was definitely the weakest of the 2018-20 bunch, but for me personally MOD-ing interiors with small detail builds is a lot more in my wheelhouse than building nice big accurate exteriors, so I'll take the good exteriors and "blank canvas" interiors over the opposite of that.

37 minutes ago, Clone OPatra said:

I like the Clock Tower personally but the "Hospital Wing" was shoehorned awkwardly around the (fairly useless) clock mechanism, and Dumbledore's Sticker Office was downright terrible. The way the instructions had it for the office left barely any room for figures in front of his desk, and lots of useless inaccessible room behind!

I didn't care about there being a Hospital Wing. I made it into a room for Slytherin. The beds are already a muted green. Just need to remove the curtains and accessorize.

1 hour ago, DBlegonerd7 said:

If you plan to skip all new June HP sets, but will you buy Hogmeade Visit set? 

I think you answered your own question. 

7 hours ago, Textorix said:

Yeah it is and it even has a blackboard sticker with unforgivable curses, very accurate... and then some people say 2018-2020 interiors were weak, no they werent, its just now we are blinded by all the newness of 2021 sets.

Honestly, looking at your comments, it seems less that everyone in this forum aside from you is blinded by the newness of the new sets, and more so that you just dislike the new style and want to think it's a complete downgrade, rather than a tradeoff.

Maybe my following question was answered formerly, but I had to ask.

The official pictures of the "Cerberus" set, there are pictures of the creature where all of the dogheads had open eyes, and I can see pictures where the dogheads had sleepy/slumbering eyes too. My question is, how many doghead parts are inclueded in this set? Or how can we change one to another?

tn_76387_alt8_jpg.jpgtn_76387_alt7_jpg.jpg

Edited by Anak

4 minutes ago, Anak said:

The official pictures of the "Cerberus" set, there are pictures of the creature where all of the dogheads had open eyes, and I can see pictures where the dogheads had sleepy/slumbering eyes too. My question is, how many doghead parts are inclueded in this set?

From what I've seen, the heads on the right have sleeping eyes, while the head on the left have open eyes, which is kinda frustrating, as it means that you can't have all three heads with eyes open without getting more of the head pieces. 

18 minutes ago, Anak said:

The official pictures of the "Cerberus" set, there are pictures of the creature where all of the dogheads had open eyes, and I can see pictures where the dogheads had sleepy/slumbering eyes too. My question is, how many doghead parts are inclueded in this set? Or how can we change one to another?

tn_76387_alt8_jpg.jpgtn_76387_alt7_jpg.jpg

Only the three heads as far as we know. The image above is explained because they made the middle head have one eye open and one shut so that if you look at Fluffy from one side it looks as though he is sleeping because you see three closed eyes or if you turn him the other way, it looks as though he is awake because you see three open eyes. It's angle 'trickery' basically.

19 minutes ago, BacktoBricks said:

Only the three heads as far as we know. The image above is explained because they made the middle head have one eye open and one shut so that if you look at Fluffy from one side it looks as though he is sleeping because you see three closed eyes or if you turn him the other way, it looks as though he is awake because you see three open eyes. It's angle 'trickery' basically. 

I've seen people upset at this decision but I think it's a really clever workaround to give us both versions.

Edited by Brick Cucumber

4 minutes ago, Brick Cucumber said:

I've seen people upset at this decision but I think it's a really clever workaround to give us both versions.

It's a clever way to do it but getting 3 copies of both the left and the right head would've been far more preferable in my eyes. In it's official form Fluffy really only works from the side, as soon you look at him from the front the illusion is broken and it just looks bad.

20 minutes ago, Brick Cucumber said:

13 minutes ago, Guyon2002 said:

It's a clever way to do it but getting 3 copies of both the left and the right head would've been far more preferable in my eyes. In it's official form Fluffy really only works from the side, as soon you look at him from the front the illusion is broken and it just looks bad.

I think it's actually a very clever compromise, for as much as I would love six heads instead it is a bit unreasonable in reality. Or at least, if they did they would put the price up therefore making the set unobtainable for more people.

Ok, now I get it. Actually the set contains 3 different prints for the head part. One head with two opened eyes, One head with two closed eyes. And the middle one have one opened and one closed (actually it's winking). And you can turn the creature side to side whichever form yo you want to look at it.

Thanks for the help. I was misleaded by the official photos.

Edited by Anak

This is kinda of an odd question but am I misremembering that the 2001 Dueling Club set had the crescent moon stickers? I always remembered in my bins of pieces that there was a piece with that sticker. Because if there is, I’m thinking of modding the Great Hall portion of the Chamber of Secrets to be exclusively for the Dueling Club.

17 minutes ago, RODDY said:

This is kinda of an odd question but am I misremembering that the 2001 Dueling Club set had the crescent moon stickers? I always remembered in my bins of pieces that there was a piece with that sticker. Because if there is, I’m thinking of modding the Great Hall portion of the Chamber of Secrets to be exclusively for the Dueling Club.

Not sure what stickers you’re referring to, because the Dueling Club set only included the two banner stickers :shrug_oh_well: 

43 minutes ago, BrickBob Studpants said:

Not sure what stickers you’re referring to, because the Dueling Club set only included the two banner stickers :shrug_oh_well: 

Yeah I’m scouring through brick link looking through the set inventories of my old sets I had as a kid like Adventurers and I can’t find anything. Thanks for confirming my insanity:thumbup:

Edited by RODDY

Sorry if this is slightly unrelated to this forum, but was just wondering if anyone knows if I pre-order the Harry Potter sets whether you get charged right away, or when they get released? 

35 minutes ago, TheLEGOChap said:

Sorry if this is slightly unrelated to this forum, but was just wondering if anyone knows if I pre-order the Harry Potter sets whether you get charged right away, or when they get released? 

You will get charged when they ship the sets, although if you use Paypal you might find some of your balance held until they ship. I don't use Paypal for Lego so don't know about that one.

Edited by BacktoBricks

8 hours ago, Clone OPatra said:

Dumbledore's Sticker Office was downright terrible. The way the instructions had it for the office left barely any room for figures in front of his desk, and lots of useless inaccessible room behind!

Honestly, I would like to see them make a new version of Dumbledore's office. Given the fact that these new sets are more or less newer renditions of classics, I think that Dumbledore's office could fit as a standalone set.

18 hours ago, Clone OPatra said:

My one point of difference would be that their Flitwick minifigure didn't really remind me of the original Flitwick design anyway, so I could skip him as well. I recently ordered McGonagall's hair-hat piece off B&P (especially now that her face is coming in Hogsmeade, which I plan on getting), and that's all I felt I needed from the whole Moments line thus far.

22 hours ago, Retro Brick Reviews said:

I have the Potions book, because I think it has the most interesting build and I love the Seamus figure. (I'd already bought the new McGonagall secondhand before the set released.) I don't have a ton of interest in the others, since they're all very similar, but I'll probably get Herbology and Charms when I need to meet a promo threshold. Transfiguration I have no interest in, since imo it has the worst color, least interesting build, and I already have the McGonagall.

19 hours ago, Guyon2002 said:

I skipped all of them and got the sticker sheets from BL, just have to buy the McGonagall figure and then I'm done with those sets. The books themselves don't interest me, the interiors are quite weak and aside from McGonagall and Flitwick all minifigures suck as they're either inaccurate students or downgraded teachers.

All that is very subjective. I personally agree with everyone saying the 2018-2020 interiors left a lot to be desired.

Thanks for the replies, I might get the stickers and some minifigures only. Given that LEGO is apparently extending the theme’s life by throwing in a lot of “fillers”with minimum novelty (remakes, reused figure pieces, few new characters) being a completionist won’t be an option anymore. Kinda sucks to think that we’ll have to wait some more years to get all the characters we want, along with some more boring Mantises and Helgas in disguise.

Granted I felt somewhat excited when the book sets leaked, but it’s usually this honeymoon high and then I lose interest in some sets. Hopefully that won’t happen with these new ones.

Edited by Otherworld

Today, I received the Astronomy Tower as a birthday present. I think this build will nicely conclude my minifigure Hogwarts. And as neat as the CoS Hogwarts and attaching sets are, I think I'm good focusing on the Hogsmeade and Chess sets for the Harry Potter summer wave. And then we'll see what 2022 brings. :-)