Captain Nemo

Harry Potter 2021 - Rumors & Discussion

1 minute ago, BrickBob Studpants said:

The board game is part of the packaging, so most likely printed on the flap that usually serves as the backdrop :classic: 

I'm also wondering about that. 5 would definitely be a low count 

Not even the polybag? *oh2*

Yeah  I know the game board element will be a part of the packaging, but I'm still intrigued by it and I wonder how fresh it will be as an AC.

As for the polybag, you really can't buy them in my country. You'd have to search every shop in my city, and you probably still would find it. The only way you can possibly buy those is from Shop@Home itself, and I don't buy my sets there as I can find them much cheaper elsewhere. 

Just now, RogueTwo said:

I agree, but it's odd, because I think the new Basilisk is one of the best LEGO molded creatures ever made :classic:

I absolutely agree! Such a beautiful creature.

It's probably because they didn't have to build the whole body, as it was a really simple build. The way they executed it in Fluffy tho... unacceptable. 

16 minutes ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

I'll definitely buy it, and I wonder how it will look, especially with that board game element that's been mentioned. It also seems to be more of various location based than just Hogwarts, which feels fresh. I really want also to see if there are more than just 5 minfigures.

Considering that this year they're doing a Marvel calendar with seven minifigures, I'd be shocked if the HP calendar actually included only 5. I think the set will likely include a Hagrid, since he would fit well with both the PJs Dudley and with the Gringotts setup (DA Harry, PS Griphook, Minecart).

The only question is whether it'll be a Golden Hagrid or a standard variant. Standard is more likely, but gold would both be a very special figure (perfect for the Day 24 gift) and explain why we haven't heard about it yet, since the golden figures are considered separate from the rest of the minifigure selection.

1 hour ago, Guyon2002 said:

Is anyone else considering skipping Hogwarts: Fluffy Encounter and planning to just BL Fluffy and call it a day? I've really been thinking about wether or not I should pre-order the set over the last 2 days but a pricetag of 35-45 euro (depending on the discount) is a pretty hefty one for a set with a mediocre build, a minimal amount of useful pieces, no useful stickers and lackluster (but accurate) figures. The Bathroom, CoS and Hogsmeade are obvious day 1 purchases for me but I don't remember ever feeling as conflicted about a LEGO set as this one :sceptic:

I probably won't skip it entirely but it is the lowest priority of this wave.  I always thought the Fluffy build was horrendous from the first leaks but I'm not bothered by the different heads.  Each wave one of the Hogwarts sets is the lowest one on my list and Fluffy is it this time around.  It has a large footprint but minimal interesting detail.  I'll end up getting it eventually just for the walls.  I think the Tail Ø 3,2 would have looked better for the Devil's Snare than the fancy DESIGN ELEMENT, W/ 3.2 SHAFT, NO. 1 they used.  To me the most interesting bit is the potions stuff in the tower part.  I'm going to try to resist like last year & wait for GWP's or deals for this wave so most likely won't get anything day one unless there is a GWP.  I haven't bothered with pre-ordering because I want an incentive to buy.

Edited by karrit

I'm dissapointed in this wave. Don't get me wrong, the designs are beautiful, but it feels like a cash grab from loyal fans to have to buy another castle with expansions (kinda familiar, isn't it?) I already have the 2018-20 and the microscale, I don't really want another one taking room on my shelves (I collect other themes than just HP, gotta share the love) . Even when I heard that it was a castle I was planning on buying the wave, but now I'm not sure if I will. After seeing all the sets my excitement has drained. Fluffy looks bad and, I already have a very similar Lockhart (DA) and lots of versions of the rest of the characters (save Sinestra, Justin and Tom, but I probably only really care about Tom out of those). The only set I will get for sure at this point is Hogsmeade. While I would love to have a chamber of secrets, it all annoys me and because of that I'm considering passing on the rest. One way I might alter that is I might sell the 2018-20 sets and get this one instead, as I have the mirco for more display oriented needs. Whatever the case, my excite is gone from HP for now. Hopefully next year we have more interesting sets. All this is just my thoughts, I'm sure I don't reflect everyone's perspective. :)

I remember there being a fake list leak ages back with a girl's bathroom on it. And I also remember there being a fake build of a flying lessons courtyard set sometime last year. Funny when you look back. :monkey:

2 hours ago, Retro Brick Reviews said:

I think the set will likely include a Hagrid, since he would fit well with both the PJs Dudley and with the Gringotts setup (DA Harry, PS Griphook, Minecart).

The only question is whether it'll be a Golden Hagrid or a standard variant. Standard is more likely, but gold would both be a very special figure (perfect for the Day 24 gift) and explain why we haven't heard about it yet, since the golden figures are considered separate from the rest of the minifigure selection.

Hmm, the gold figures seem reserved for the anniversary sets, so I think it'd be odd to put one in the Advent Calendar.

I approved of the golden statue of the Hogwarts Architect in the first calender, but that was because it's something straight out of the films.

28 minutes ago, (Insert Name Here) said:

Hmm, the gold figures seem reserved for the anniversary sets, so I think it'd be odd to put one in the Advent Calendar.

I approved of the golden statue of the Hogwarts Architect in the first calender, but that was because it's something straight out of the films.

That's fair, though for all we know they might consider the Advent to be a 20th Anniversary set. Myrtles bathroom, The Three Broomsticks, and the Flying Lesson aren't really remakes of classic sets and they still count, so for the non-D2C sets so far the only qualification for being Anniversary is being minifig-scale.

Plus, as mentioned prior, the Advent is said to include DA Harry, Griphook, a cart, and a section of track for it to go down- all clear callbacks to the 2002 Gringotts. It's still unlikely that'll get this to be considered an Anniversary set, but I'll give it 20/80 odds.

On 4/17/2021 at 10:45 AM, MasterofElements said:

Here's a little quick edit I made of the sets all together. 

4F3C3795-D7C1-437B-9361-0B325F8C60C7

4 hours ago, NoOneOfImportance said:

Other than the Great Hall, does anyone know what particular sections of the actual castle these sets are intended to represent? Or are they just generic Hogwarts-esque walls? 

I'd say besides the Hall the rest are just Hogwarts-esque parts based on nothing in particular.

1 hour ago, The Pearson said:

Do we have a pic of the sets together from the outside yet?

Not officially, but see one potential mock-up in the comment I quoted above. Of course that wouldn't ever be an official one because the bathroom is not put above the CoS portion and the Forbidden Corridor trapdoor isn't above the Devil's Snare.

On the US Shop@Home, all of the sets are listed as releasing June 1 except for the Flying Lesson, which is set for August 1. However, I think earlier in the forum someone mentioned that the Flying Lesson will release in the US on June 1, but exclusively at Kohl's. Can someone with knowledge on the subject please reply to this to set the record straight?

Passed the toy section today at a local store and saw the moments sets which I don’t have yet, but I felt no interest whatsoever. Perhaps it’s the book design that doesn’t blend in with the castle sections. Has anyone skipped these?

If I saw these anniversary sets however, I’d pick them up in a heartbeat. After winning the lottery, of course.

24 minutes ago, Otherworld said:

Passed the toy section today at a local store and saw the moments sets which I don’t have yet, but I felt no interest whatsoever. Perhaps it’s the book design that doesn’t blend in with the castle sections. Has anyone skipped these?

If I saw these anniversary sets however, I’d pick them up in a heartbeat. After winning the lottery, of course.

I have the Potions book, because I think it has the most interesting build and I love the Seamus figure. (I'd already bought the new McGonagall secondhand before the set released.) I don't have a ton of interest in the others, since they're all very similar, but I'll probably get Herbology and Charms when I need to meet a promo threshold. Transfiguration I have no interest in, since imo it has the worst color, least interesting build, and I already have the McGonagall.

I’m late to the discussion, as I usually am, but wanted to share my thoughts on the new sets! For starters, I’m a very casual Harry Potter fan and while I own a decent amount of the sets since the relaunch of the theme, I’m not a huge collector. I love the sets they’ve been putting out though, even if I do have trouble justifying buying them sometimes because I’m not as into Harry Potter as I am Superheroes or Star Wars for example. (I’v only seen the movies in fact!) This wave looks really good though, which is making me want to expand my collection more! As to my thoughts on the actual sets:

-76386 Polyjuice Potion Mistake: I love this set! It’s such a great little vignette for a $20 set with three fantastic new figures, plus the Anniversary Harry. I do think it’s weird that Anniversary Harry is included in a set with regular Harry, but I guess it was somewhat inevitable since Harry Potter is obviously going to be included in just about every Harry Potter set.

-76387 Fluffy Encounter: It’s an okay set. It’s a basic chunk of Hogwarts Castle with a decent representation of Fluffy, though the faces for the heads really was an odd decision. The interior is really lacking here unfortunately. And like with the previous set, I think it’s weird that they have an Anniversary figure next to a regular version of that same character in a set. It’s more understandable with Harry because he’s the eponymous protagonist and putting the Anniversary figure of him in the smallest set is a wise move. With Hermione though, I feel like they definitely could have shifted the distribution of Anniversary figs around so that she wasn’t in this one twice. It’s just weird that they avoided this for the Star Wars and Ninjago anniversary figures, but it happened twice for Harry Potter’s.

-76388 Hogsmeade Village Visit: A very nice, cozy looking set. I’m not too familiar with the location though, so this one doesn’t excite me as much. The builds do look very nice though and the interiors really remind me of last year’s Diagon Alley. I’ll be sure to get it at some point!

-76389 Chamber of Secrets: A good looking set and a nice throwback to the earlier Harry Potter sets. The interior’s nice, though a bit too shallow for my liking and I feel like these Anniversary Hogwarts segments are more “simplified” than the 2018-2020 ones. (Probably intensionally so.) I really like how the Chamber itself looks and the big snake looks amazing. Plus this set comes with a fantastic minifigure selection, which works in it’s favor!

-76392 Wizard Chess: Meh, it’s not really a set for me. The figures are nice, but I’m not really looking for a Lego chessboard personally. Plus the pieces look ridiculously scaled next to the figures, which is another knock against the set. An easy pass personally.

-76393 Harry Potter and Hermione Granher: The weirdest Lego set I’ve seen in a long time. The builds are technically good, though oddly inconsistent with their actual minifig counterparts, but I think the faces look strange. I don’t know why these  sets exist, but I’m curious to see if this is just a one-off or if Lego will continue these? No interest for me personally. 

-76394 Fawkes, Dumbledore’s Phoenix: The build looks really good but isn’t one for me personally.

-76395 First Flying Class: I adore this set! I appreciate how it can be attached to either of the modern Hogwarts castles and the figures are really nice here.

Overall, I really like this wave, though not as much as last year’s. I’m split on the new Hogwarts style (love the new modular method though!) but I think that besides the sand green roofing, these sets work decently well with the previous ones from recent years. Depending on if I get the whole wave or not, I’ll probably display the interiors of these new sets like other users have suggested. Overall, I’m really impressed with the Lego Wizarding World yet again!

8 hours ago, NoOneOfImportance said:

Other than the Great Hall, does anyone know what particular sections of the actual castle these sets are intended to represent? Or are they just generic Hogwarts-esque walls? 

The Fluffy Set and the Chamber of Secrets sets are based around the 2001/2 line so are part generic, part based on what's on screen. Flying lesson is based on the Training Grounds where Neville breaks his wrist and Harry learns the basics of Quidditch. The Polyjuice set is just a box, so it can stack, but cannot really be based on its location in Hogwarts as the part of the Castle it's based on would only be about 4x4 studs based on the scale of the other sets :grin:

What are we missing from the first 4 movies since I assume we will get 3-4 or 1-4 next year if we do not get DH sets!
Old sets from the 1-2 movies:

• The Room of the Winged Keys

• The Final Challenge (the parts was in the GH more or less anyway)

• Gringott's bank

• Troll on the Loose

• Dobby's Release

• Knockturn Alley

Other than Gringotts and Knockturn Alley these are not very exciting and we have all the characters except the troll.

Other sets we are missing?

• In the forbidden forest with Fang
  • The Dursleys on the island (have every fig except the pigtail)
  • Missing DA parts
  • ?

Old sets from the 3-4 movies:

• Shrieking Shack

• Sirius Black's Escape (have the parts in other sets mostly)

• Professor Lupin's Classroom (have the parts in other sets mostly)

• Harry and the Marauder's Map (have the parts in other sets mostly)

• Draco's Encounter with Buckbeak (have the parts in other sets mostly)

• The Durmstrang Ship

• Rescue from the Merpeople

Other sets we are missing?

• the leaky cauldron
  • the maze
  • ferret Draco scene
  • Moody dark arts class and office
  • Harry in the closet with Rita Skeeter
  • Aunt Marge balloon scene
  • ?

There are enough from 3-4 to give us a wave next year if we do not get DH then, however what I miss most are more DA sets, if they give us that I am a happy camper:grin:

14 minutes ago, Roebuck said:

What are we missing from the first 4 movies since I assume we will get 3-4 or 1-4 next year if we do not get DH sets!

I'd suggest we're missing:

Divination 

Owlery

Library

Common rooms and dormitories, including the Fat Lady. 

And Patronus lessons. 

As Hogwarts interiors off the top of my head. The buildings that house them could be anything, and I left off the wooden bridge as that seems like a likely DHII set. 

Then for small play sets you could have something like the disappearing glass at the zoo, or the world cup. I don't think we'd ever get a flashback or flash sideways scene like the Riddle House or Hagrid's expulsion for example. 

The Moody classroom was in the Clock tower set I think. 

Edited by Seaber

31 minutes ago, Seaber said:

I'd suggest we're missing:

Divination 

Owlery

Library

Common rooms and dormitories, including the Fat Lady. 

And Patronus lessons. 

As Hogwarts interiors off the top of my head. The buildings that house them could be anything, and I left off the wooden bridge as that seems like a likely DHII set. 

Then for small play sets you could have something like the disappearing glass at the zoo, or the world cup. I don't think we'd ever get a flashback or flash sideways scene like the Riddle House or Hagrid's expulsion for example. 

Good inclusions, how could I forget the Owlery :blush:

27 minutes ago, Seaber said:

Yeah it is and it even has a blackboard sticker with unforgivable curses, very accurate... and then some people say 2018-2020 interiors were weak, no they werent, its just now we are blinded by all the newness of 2021 sets.

6 minutes ago, Roebuck said:

Good inclusions, how could I forget the Owlery :blush:

LMAOOOOO

5 minutes ago, Textorix said:

Yeah it is and it even has a blackboard sticker with unforgivable curses, very accurate... and then some people say 2018-2020 interiors were weak, no they werent, its just now we are blinded by all the newness of 2021 sets.

Nah, all interiors have been good so far, they've just got better as they've gone along IMO. The Great Hall was wonderful for example, but the GS Tower was rather bland - likewise the Clock Tower was great apart from the barren entrance. 

3 hours ago, Otherworld said:

I skipped all of them and got the sticker sheets from BL, just have to buy the McGonagall figure and then I'm done with those sets. The books themselves don't interest me, the interiors are quite weak and aside from McGonagall and Flitwick all minifigures suck as they're either inaccurate students or downgraded teachers.

3 minutes ago, Textorix said:

All that is very subjective. I personally agree with everyone saying the 2018-2020 interiors left a lot to be desired.

15 minutes ago, Textorix said:

Wow, a sticker. That definitely makes up for a classroom that's only four studs deep, with exactly one cramped student desk. I have no idea why people would say the previous interiors were bad.

That said, the only new sets with fantastic interiors are the Polyjuice and the Chamber of Secrets. Flying Lesson is pretty much on par with the 2018-20 sets, albeit perhaps a bit nicer with the trophy case, and the Fluffy set is downright atrocious.

All Hogwarts sets ranked by interior (imo), worst to best:

9. Hogwarts Fluffy Encounter

8. Hogwarts Clock Tower

7. Hogwarts Room of Requirement

6. Hogwarts Great Hall

5. Hogwarts Astronomy Tower

4. Hogwarts First Flying Lesson

3. Hogwarts Whomping Willow

2. Hogwarts Polyjuice Potion Mistake

1. Hogwarts Chamber of Secrets

Edited by Retro Brick Reviews

When thinking about sets (or scenes) we are still missing, it's fantastic how, a part the respect of movie canon material and market considerations, the only limit is Lego designers' fantasy and creativity.

I mean, yesterday I was thinking about OOP and I imagined a set that I've never think about before: Fred and George's departure (or escape) from Hogwarts. Lego could create a 4 charachter set (Fred and George, Umbridge and Filch), not necessarly with a somehow recognizable exterior or interior part, with some falling bricks or similar... something with Flying lesson set dimension.

Not that I believe they will do this or that it would be a fantastic, unskippable set ... just to say how many things they could do to keep this theme somehow an evergreen.

4 hours ago, Otherworld said:

Has anyone skipped these?

I also gave them a miss for pretty much what Guyon said:

1 hour ago, Guyon2002 said:

The books themselves don't interest me, the interiors are quite weak and aside from McGonagall and Flitwick all minifigures suck as they're either inaccurate students or downgraded teachers.

My one point of difference would be that their Flitwick minifigure didn't really remind me of the original Flitwick design anyway, so I could skip him as well. I recently ordered McGonagall's hair-hat piece off B&P (especially now that her face is coming in Hogsmeade, which I plan on getting), and that's all I felt I needed from the whole Moments line thus far.