Captain Nemo

Harry Potter 2021 - Rumors & Discussion

1 minute ago, Guyon2002 said:

I also asked about the portrait of Hengist of Woodcroft they included in The Three Broomsticks, both the inclusion of this portrait and "Year with the Yeti" were ideas from graphic designer and Potterhead Peter Kjærgaard!

Him being one of the graphic designers gives me hope that the chocolate frog cards will be canonically accurate :laugh:

I really wish they made Hogsmeade a D2C set. Honestly the one we’re getting is just a bit too small and looks a bit childish in comparison so DA or Hogwarts

4 minutes ago, BrickBob Studpants said:

Him being one of the graphic designers gives me hope that the chocolate frog cards will be canonically accurate :laugh:

Especially considering he worked on all the playsets! 

Just now, Modal said:

[...] and looks a bit childish in comparison so DA or Hogwarts

In what way though? I think it fits in perfectly with DA :classic: I actually prefer Hogsmeade as a smaller set, it doesn't warrant a D2C the same way DA did, at least in my opinion :purrr:

Well, these are pretty great. Fawkes is amazing. Harry & Hermione buildables are neat, but kinda strange...

The sets themselves, I’m digging all of them. H & R robes finally! Basilisk looks awesome. Can’t wait to see Crabbe & Goyle’s prints. Fluffy looks cool. The Flying Lesson will easily, I think, fit in with the other Castle segments we’ve gotten recently & I love the House shields(even though they’re stickers...). Very excited to get these. 

14 minutes ago, BrickBob Studpants said:

it doesn't warrant a D2C the same way DA did

mmm... I like Hogsmeade Village Visit, but when we first heard about 250$ set I thought it would be a perfect winter Hogsmeade, with Three Broomsticks, Honeydukes Inn and Hog's Head Inn (or Shrieking Shack).

Something like this Lego Idea https://ideas.lego.com/challenges/fa395293-eda9-4603-83cc-aac44c1052cb/application/9a0b44ec-21df-4dd6-b83d-e279b19fa8e4#idea-tabs

Edited by BrickMatit
Add the link

20 minutes ago, BrickMatit said:

mmm... I like Hogsmeade Village Visit, but when we first heard about 250$ set I thought it would be a perfect winter Hogsmeade, with Three Broomsticks, Honeydukes Inn and Hog's Head Inn (or Shrieking Shack).

Something like this Lego Idea https://ideas.lego.com/challenges/fa395293-eda9-4603-83cc-aac44c1052cb/application/9a0b44ec-21df-4dd6-b83d-e279b19fa8e4#idea-tabs

I could see that work :purrr: My point was more in terms of iconicity. Don't get me wrong, Hogsmeade is definitely an iconic location, but not quite on the same level as Hogwarts or Diagon Alley, at least in my book. Would I have liked a D2C set? Of course, but it's very understandable they went this route instead :classic:

Edited by BrickBob Studpants

6 minutes ago, BrickBob Studpants said:

I could see that work :purrr: My point was more in terms of iconicity. Don't get me wrong, Hogsmeade is definitely an iconic location, but not quite on the same level as Hogwarts or Diagon Alley, at least in my book. Would I have liked a D2C set? Of course, but it's very understandable they went this route instead :classic:

Ok, Brickbob Studpans

8 minutes ago, BrickBob Studpants said:

Hogsmeade is definitely an iconic location, but not quite on the same level as Hogwarts or Diagon Alley

I understand your point :sweet: Probably Lego point too :snicker:

4 minutes ago, Robert8 said:

Ok, Brickbob Studpans

Um, yes? :laugh:

3 minutes ago, BrickMatit said:

I understand your point :sweet: Probably Lego point too :snicker:

Probably :classic: Let’s hope they expand it at some point, we need the Shrieking Shack and the Hog’s Head (plus Aberforth) too

Edited by BrickBob Studpants

I’m not asking for a $400 set. But Hogsmeade is easily the third biggest location in the series and could easily justify the $250 D2C if they wanted to.

1 minute ago, Modal said:

if they wanted to

Maybe they lacked for proper set to celebrate 20th anniversary in 80$ range price and so they chose Hogsmeade.

Of course, they could have saved Hogsmeade for a bigger future set and chose, for example, Hagrid's Hut :snicker:. Probably it would have disappoint a lot of us, but it would have been an understandable choice in the anniversary frame. :laugh:.

Is this new line of Modular Hogwarts the new hogwarts 2.0 or can it be the same?  Anyone Planning to to fix the roofs or see what can happen?

Interesting bit of insight on the design process of the Fawkes set: designer Wes Talbott actually made a sketch model for our beloved Phoenix as an option when he was tasked with designing last years Hedwig set. He was later asked to take his sketch model for Fawkes and further develop it, resulting in this set. 

12 minutes ago, eldiano said:

Is this new line of Modular Hogwarts the new hogwarts 2.0 or can it be the same?

Well, that's somehow a 1 million $ question :snicker: 

I find this year sets very different from past years ones. But who knows what Lego will do the next year ... continue with new style sets; return to the old style; go for only DH part I sets, with no Hogwarts sets...

Anyway, I think that with more or less big modifying work one can put new and old style Hogwarts part together. It really depends on how you want to create your Hogwarts, how much faithfull to movies, if you want to see the interior or exterior part...

12 minutes ago, eldiano said:

Anyone Planning to to fix the roofs or see what can happen?

I'm somehow lucky... because I have no space for exposing all my sets :iamded_lol: So I will keep two different Hogwarts, each one on a different shelf. Maybe I will slightly modified the new one: I don't really like having Lockhart's classroom below Fluffy Corridor.

I'm thinking that I might get a second bathroom set for the external build to place down under the fluffy set. Will then attach some vine parts from the roof under the trap door for the devils snare. Underneath I will add a "Queen minifigure on a 6x6 black and white grid and use the external build of the toilet to moc a chamber of winged keys. My thought is that it will be very, very similar in layout to the original Chamber of Winged Keys set. Not quite in movie order, but will be very nostalgic for the old set. The bathroom exterior will be much more visually appealing at the bottom than lockharts classroom and you can then keep the classroom up the top. 

In my mind this seems perfect and should be very easy to achieve.

I must admit I am highly surprised how many people like the chess set. Personally I think it is one of the most ugliest LEGO sets i've ever seen! The Chess pieces are the most awful cobbled together garbage i've ever seen. Also the Knights WILL fall apart. The are held together by one measly stud! Going to be worse than Unikitty from LEGO movie. You touch them and their head fall off.

Chess thoughts is personal opinion. Happy for those who see this differently.

Edited by chris6507

I feel like they should've used 3 of the paintbrush pieces for the Three Broomsticks sign. I think it could've worked better than the print and is actually feasible, as opposed to using 3 regular sized broomstick pieces. 

The more I look at Fluffy and the chess set the more I hate them.

Does anyone know what this piece is?

76389-1.jpg.005b833092cb72169224d4af31d8e977.jpg

Does anyone know if this piece is available in brown or black?

wd.jpg.2e614587b3de97a0514f8f6ac43cf39f.jpg

16 minutes ago, MasterofElements said:

I feel like they should've used 3 of the paintbrush pieces for the Three Broomsticks sign. I think it could've worked better than the print and is actually feasible, as opposed to using 3 regular sized broomstick pieces. 

Agreed. That would've greatly lifted the look of the set, since imo that stickered sign is a big (or rather, tiny) eyesore.

They refer to the Three Broomsticks as a pub. I'm shocked. And I'm annoyed they didn't make Leaky Cauldron now. [And Moe in the Simpsons]

Edited by BrickFunatic

The main Hogwarts set keeps creeping up in price each year,  my poor wallet. Love seeing all the hd pictures. Its a no on the big figures, will get chess and fawkes eventually but I only want the figures from the chess, wait for good discount. Will get fawkes eventually but hopefully on discount. I'll get all the other sets but only Hogsmeade to keep and the rest will broken up and be added to my green roof Hogwarts moc. I love some parts of the new sets but all I really see is parts now that could be added into the 2018/2020 hogwarts set.

The chamber rock section could be added (with modification) under the original great hall, but then you have to do the rest of the set, ahhhh. 

The new elements in the great hall like the cereal and owl can just be put in the old hall.

I'd put Lockharts class in the clock tower and replace moodys or blend them and add  the goblet of fire from the advent calendar to ground floor. 

The astronomy stuff from the great hall can just be added to the astronomy tower. 

The flying lesson could just be left as is an added to old sets

The stuff in the fluffy encounter tower can just be added to the great hall tower where the chest and sorting hat are,

The bathroom and fluffy encounter could be modified into the part of Hogwarts beside the Great Hall Tower.

Edited by Micmac

3 hours ago, Guyon2002 said:

I got kinda obsessed with finding out what the brown book in the CoS set is based on so after comparing it with a long list of in-universe books I ended up just asking Marcos Bessa. It is "Year with the Yeti", one of the books required for Lockharts classes! 

I also asked about the portrait of Hengist of Woodcroft they included in The Three Broomsticks, both the inclusion of this portrait and "Year with the Yeti" were ideas from graphic designer and Potterhead Peter Kjærgaard!

Just picked up the red 'Bat-phone' and called him huh? Very cool :)  Can you call back and ask for the 3-year plan for the HP theme? Maybe? Possibly?

1 minute ago, chrisincanada said:

Can you call back and ask for the 3-year plan for the HP theme? Maybe? Possibly?

I doubt it will last another 2 years given this year's line-up.