Captain Nemo

Harry Potter 2021 - Rumors & Discussion

3 minutes ago, strangely said:

On the US site? Only Fawkes, the figures and Chess set are showing for me.

I was looking at UK & Ireland, it must be different for each region

16 hours ago, Prometheus87 said:

Welp...not sure if it's the surprised excitement of this wave, getting a renewed jolt to my love of this theme, but I succumbed to the dark arts and bought the D2C 2018 Hogwarts. Not the biggest fan of microscale, but lordy, that set looks amazing for display and I've been eyeing it since I got back into Lego last year.  My wallet is not happy, but I hope I will enjoy it. You did it again, Lego. You got my money and will get more with the 2021 wave. 

I have been on the fence for this set for the longest time, will you  please let me know if you recommend it and what you think of it??

Pretty disappointed to be honest. Old-style, out of place green roofs and sparse interiors in the Hogwarts sets with a great Chamber of Secrets locked behind a mediocre Hogwarts at a ridiculous price. 

The buildable Harry and Hermione are not what I expected and better for it. 

Fawkes looks pretty good. 
The chess set: does anyone know if Ron can sit on the knight as he does in the movie? Because if so that’s pretty cool. 
Hogsmeade has a fun Honeydukes but the Three Broomsticks is meh. 

2 hours ago, Guyon2002 said:

This promotional video offers a look at all Hogwarts sections combined (although the lighting is awful):

Seeing this, I wonder if they were inspired by the giant microscale Hogwarts. See the CoS and PS challenge chambers underneath the school reminds me of it. 

3 minutes ago, Kid Flash said:

I have been on the fence for this set for the longest time, will you  please let me know if you recommend it and what you think of it??

So, so worth it, especially if you’re a big Potter fan. There are so many tiny details and the build has some incredible techniques. 

19 minutes ago, Borex said:

But have we already seen some of them? It’s a funny gimmick

If you mean the actual cards with actual prints, then no.

1 minute ago, Lego-fire said:

The chess set: does anyone know if Ron can sit on the knight as he does in the movie? Because if so that’s pretty cool. 

He can.

If I pre-order, will I be charged now or when they ship? I can't afford to buy them now but will be able to June 1st, but want to get double points. 

2 minutes ago, Lego-fire said:

I hadn't noticed before but apparently he can, it doesn't look that good though :sceptic:

Screenshot_100.jpg

3 minutes ago, Lego-fire said:

So, so worth it, especially if you’re a big Potter fan. There are so many tiny details and the build has some incredible techniques. 

Thanks a lot! i;m reslly thinking about treatin gmyself with something  big... 

By the way, I think the fluffy heads are this way because, in the building you can obviously see only to heads, so there it does'nt really matter, they only give you the option to turn it around and let it sleep i guess

For people in the UK you do get double points on pre-orders and you don't get billed until they ship. However flying lessons, big figs and chess are not up for pre-order yet.

22 minutes ago, Guyon2002 said:

Sad news for us Potter fans: Helen McCrory (Narcissa Malfoy) passed away today.

Just saw this too. Such a shock. Saw her on an interview at the start of the pandemic and you would never have known. I hope if if the pandemic did one thing it perhaps allowed her to spend quality time with her family. RIP Helen.

naja the sets are much more colourful, it will not be a pain to add/modify them towards each other, minifigures are still not as it could be but huge step up (since the 2nd wave it seemed like there was no more budget for figures).

Oh yeah and its much easier to add play features. In the other hogwarts sets there were practically none.

I will not get any of those sets and the looks are not my style. But objectively I can admit this might work better than the realistic ones.

Who knows - in a few years we might get D2C minifigure scale set of Hogwarts. Like the last waves of hogwarts sets but a bit more defined; would mean slightly bigger with rock base foundation (like the UCS nanoscale hogwarts). That way they could try to recreate the castle

2 minutes ago, Kim-Kwang-Seok said:

Who knows - in a few years we might get D2C minifigure scale set of Hogwarts. Like the last waves of hogwarts sets but a bit more defined; would mean slightly bigger with rock base foundation (like the UCS nanoscale hogwarts). That way they could try to recreate the castle

This is my dream, a minifgure-scale Hogwarts D2C. I would pay £700 for it.

Edited by BrickFunatic

13 minutes ago, Guyon2002 said:

I hadn't noticed before but apparently he can, it doesn't look that good though :sceptic:

Screenshot_100.jpg

And with this one picture, you convinced me not to buy the Chess set :tongue:

Has anyone else noticed that the Hogwarts Chamber of Secrets set (aka Frogwarts) is designed to feature the Grand Staircase Tower on the right-hand side only when the set is turned around facing the inside? The only time the tower is on the right for the exterior is on the cover art and the pieces are not connected. I assume this is to help make the building (Great Hall and Tower) recognizable from the front) on the box art. This drives home the point for me that this new series was designed to be displayed with the beautiful interiors facing out, unlike the 2018-2020 sets that were designed to be displayed with the exteriors facing out. It’s fun to start unraveling the mysteries of this new series of LEGO HP sets and the thought process behind their design now that they’ve been officially revealed!

I'm torn on the Chess Set.  Was really hoping they'd use actual torso pieces for the upper bodies of at least the king, queen & bishop pieces as well as a proper crown piece for the queens and maybe a new mold for the bishop hat.  I'll most likely get it anyway but I think they could have made it a bit more impressive using actual torsos.  I get the complaints about no studs to attach the pieces to on the board but I think the set looks a little bit more impressive or classy without the studs.

This is very nitpicky but I hate how the Hufflepuff and Ravenclaw torso's lack those 2 small lines the DA robes had so the Snape/Hux print matched up with them. We finally get our first Hufflepuff and Ravenclaw torso's and we can't even use them for older students :wall:

Here is a list of the 2001-3 sets and whether they have been remade in any form this iteration (2018-present):

Spoiler

4701 Sorting Hat - Remade in 2018's Lego Harry Potter Build Your Own Adventure book

4702 The Final Challenge - Has not been remade, but elements were included in 2018's 75954 Hogwarts Great Hall

4704 The Room of Winged Keys - The Chess portion was remade in 2021's 76392 Wizard’s Chess, the Winged Keys section has not been remade 

4705 Snape's Class - Remade in 2018's 75953's Hogwarts Whomping Willow and 2021's 76383 Hogwarts Moments Potions Class

4706 Forbidden Corridor - Remade in 2021's 76387 Fluffy Encounter

4707 Hagrid's Hut - Remade in 2019's 75947 Hagrid's Hut: Buckbeak's Rescue

4708 Hogwarts Express - Remade in 2018's 75955 Hogwarts Express

4709 Hogwarts Castle - Partially remade in 2018's 75954 Hogwarts Great Hall and 2021's 76389 Chamber of Secrets, HOWEVER some rooms like Gryffindor Common Room and the Library have not yet been remade

4721 Hogwarts Classrooms - Remade in 2021's Hogwarts Moments sets

4722 Gryffindor House - Has not been remade yet

4723 Diagon Alley Shops - Remade in 2020's 75978 Diagon Alley

4711 Flying Lesson - Remade in 2021's 76395 First Flying Lesson

4712 Troll on the Loose - Not yet remade

4714 Gringott's bank - Not yet remade

4726 Quidditch Practice - Remade in 2018's 75956 Quidditch Match

4727 Aragog in the Dark Forest - Remade in 2018's 75950 Aragog's Lair

4728 Escape from Privet Drive - Remade in 2020's 75968 4 Privet Drive

4729 Dumbledore's Office - Remade in 2019's 75948 Hogwarts Clock Tower

4730 The Chamber of Secrets - Remade in 2021's 76389 Chamber of Secrets

4731 Dobby's Release - Not yet remade

4733 The Dueling Club - Remade in 2021's 76389 Chamber of Secrets

4735 Slytherin - Polyjuice Potion element remade in 2021's 76386 Hogwarts Polyjuice Potion Mistake, Slytherin Common Room build not yet remade

4719 Quality Quidditch Supplies - Remade in 2020's 75978 Diagon Alley

4720 Knockturn Alley - Not yet remade

What stands out to me is Gryffindor and Slytherin Common Rooms (I hope we see these in Moments style sets this winter, as Lego seems happy to include the other two houses and take more artistic licence - ie. the Weasley's bedrooms, Luna's dorm), Gringotts and Knockturn Alley, The Chamber of Winged Keys and the Final Challenge. I expect we'll see a representation of the Library and the Troll at some point. I feel that a Dobby's release set is unnecessary. 

What is everyone else's thoughts?

Edited by BrickFunatic

29 minutes ago, sebastian666 said:

This drives home the point for me that this new series was designed to be displayed with the beautiful interiors facing out, unlike the 2018-2020 sets that were designed to be displayed with the exteriors facing out. 

Nah 2018-2020 sets were great for both exterior and interior display. This wave has average interior or same as 2018-2020 line at best. Fluffy set has almost no interior, COS set has very poor Great Hall interior but other rooms are decent. Only disappointing interior from 2018-2020 line I can think about is Great Staircase tower but otherwise all sets had amazing interiors.

Edited by Textorix