Captain Nemo

Harry Potter 2021 - Rumors & Discussion

I was initially troubled that to hear that the Great Hall was being redone in the Chamber of Secrets set because it seemed redundant with the 2019 Great Hall. Now having seen the layout of the new version, I see a potential adaptation that I like. In the new COS set, the DADA classroom seems rather small. Also, if I understand correctly, that room is positioned over the slide into the COS, and in the modular design, the new girl’s bathroom/polyjuice set is designed to fit in that space, so I think I will sub in the girl’s bathroom in that space. Then I will take some of the decorations from the new Great Hall room (the owl lectern, cereal boxes, etc.) and move them to my 2019 Great Hall. That will allow me to then convert the new Great Hall room into a more spacious version of the DADA classroom. Moreover, with the higher sloping ceiling of that room, there may be some way to recreate that great dragon skeleton hanging overhead in the movie version of the DADA classroom (perhaps using a Lego dinosaur skeleton). That way the new set becomes entirely nonredundant with the existing HP Lego sets since 2019.

4 minutes ago, ???theriddler??? said:

Is there already one online?

Nope, but they may be revealed around 5PM CEST as two years ago

1 minute ago, Legofania said:

Nope, but they may be revealed around 5PM CEST as two years ago

The suspence is killing me. Really wanna see HD pics of all the sets.

2 minutes ago, BrickFunatic said:

Pretty sure it's not happening today. It's now 8 minutes past 2.

Didnt Guyon say its gonna be at 3PM?

2 minutes ago, Textorix said:

Didnt Guyon say its gonna be at 3PM?

That wasn't an actual statement, just the time LEGO generally allows fan media to do their product reveals and announcements.

Last year they got revealed on the 28th of April at 1PM GMT Time. I just thought with them leaking they would push the date forwards to today this year.

Edited by BrickFunatic

Do we know why it doesn't show the flying lesson set connected to the rest of the new hogwarts? Is it supposed to connect to the old ones? 

Just now, RoyL said:

Do we know why it doesn't show the flying lesson set connected to the rest of the new hogwarts? Is it supposed to connect to the old ones? 

Probably because it's supposed to be more of a standalone set that fits in anywhere, similar to last years Room of Requirement.

Just now, Textorix said:

I am confused right now, so are we expecting to see offcial reveal today or not?

No one knows officially, but it's about 90% likely to be next week or the week after now. 

2 minutes ago, RoyL said:

Even though its anniversary set, it reminds me of that 2018 Hogwarts style which is a good thing

I just wish someone would show Crabbe, Goyle and the interiors of the Fluffy and Flying Lesson sets. :def_shrug:

@Guyon2002 In the astronomy tower above Lockhart's office in 76389, do you know what that round, opaque piece on a black stand is? Looks like it could be used as a prophecy.

Edited by BrickFunatic

24 minutes ago, Textorix said:

It should be any minute now right

The Brickfan email this morning had tons of very high quality pics...are we waiting for even more?

1 minute ago, chrisincanada said:

The Brickfan email this morning had tons of very high quality pics...are we waiting for even more?

I havent seen those sooo yes I want more :D

Edited by Textorix

2 minutes ago, chrisincanada said:

There aren't HQ/back box shots of Fluffy, Flying Lessons, Chess and bathroom yet. ...And if there are, then please share! 

Edited by BrickFunatic

I wonder what this transparent piece above great hall (in the roof) is. With crystal attached to it

1 minute ago, BrickFunatic said:

There aren't HQ/back box shots of Fluffy, Flying Lessons, Chess and bathroom yet. ...And if there are, then please share! 

Correct, lots of pics of COS and Hogsmeade but not the others.

1 minute ago, Legofania said:

I wonder what this transparent piece above great hall (in the roof) is. With crystal attached to it

I think it's just a transparent minifigure head.

Just now, BrickFunatic said:

I think it's just a transparent minifigure head.

There are prints on it

1 minute ago, chrisincanada said:

Correct, lots of pics of COS and Hogsmeade but not the others.

Oh well those leaked yesterday