Captain Nemo

Harry Potter 2021 - Rumors & Discussion

4 minutes ago, SuperChris said:

Is it confirmed that the blonde figure in the CoS set is Luna? I’m thinking Penelope Clearwater.

It says Luna on the boxart, but getting Penelope and Percy would have been awesome! 

Does anyone know if you can combine these Hogwarts sets with the ones that have come out since 2018? Or are we just getting a completely new castle. My guess is that we could combine this one with the old one (even if we end up with two great halls) but wasn't sure if that was confirmed or not. 

Just now, Garmetrowolf said:

Does anyone know if you can combine these Hogwarts sets with the ones that have come out since 2018? Or are we just getting a completely new castle. My guess is that we could combine this one with the old one (even if we end up with two great halls) but wasn't sure if that was confirmed or not. 

It's a brand new system so sadly no, but I'm sure somehow you'll be able to make them connect but Lego isn't saying offically you can

Just now, Garmetrowolf said:

There will be no official configurement, but there's nothing saying we can't mess around with them.

Personally, I will be displaying the 2021 sets from the interiors and the 2018-2020 sets from the exteriors. :grin:

5 minutes ago, BrickFunatic said:

It says Luna on the boxart, but getting Penelope and Percy would have been awesome! 

Kinda sad we haven't got any Percy minifigure yet. 

Wow, the sets look great! Did we know about the Flying Lessons? I don’t remember hearing about that one. Won’t say no to updated Madame Hooch though. 

Definitely getting the girls’ bathroom - uh, Polyjuice Potion Problems, is it? Same for Hogsmeade - Hogsmeade is going to be a great addition to my Winter Village, help make up for the subpar official offerings of the past two years - and given I’m mostly certain that the Polyjuice’d Harry and Ron are going to have ‘alternate’ Crabbe and Goyle faces, that way I’ll finally be able to add Malfoy’s minions to my Hogwarts. And after that I fully intend to get the Fluffy Encounter too and complete the (literally) Golden Trio. 

Also, Fawkes! :wub: No way I’m missing that one - do we know if there’s a golden figure in Fawkes? I’ve seen some people say golden Dumbledore is in Fawkes, but I’m only seeing cropped images of the box art and I thought golden Dumbledore was in the D2C (whatever that is)? 

9 minutes ago, Garmetrowolf said:

Actually, it looks to me like you can. The 2018-2020 sets have been based on a system where there’s one Technic pin at ground level and one elevated by five bricks, so there’re two attachment points. I’m not certain but I think that the ‘sideways’ attachment of the new sets also relies on the same technic pin system - at the very least the ground level one is the same. So worst case, only have one point of connection. 

And, I mean, it’s LEGO. I’m certain it’ll be easy to modify them so that they are compatible if they aren’t already by default. 

9 minutes ago, Garmetrowolf said:

They have the holes on the side for the technic pins, so if the heights line up there's no reason why they shouldn't. Can't help but think that Lego intends for this considering they are retiring the Great Hall this summer. The styles aren't that different that the average consumer wouldn't think they are meant to connect with the Clocktower, Astronomy Tower etc.

43 minutes ago, SuperChris said:

Is it confirmed that the blonde figure in the CoS set is Luna? I’m thinking Penelope Clearwater. Makes sense given the Chamber theme - even though she was only petrified in the books.

https://static.wikia.nocookie.net/harrypotter/images/4/4b/Pepe4.jpg/revision/latest?cb=20160830005853

edit - I’ve seen the write up on stonewars. Looks like it is luna.

Not to mention Penelope wouldn’t have short legs or a child’s face 

3 hours ago, BigHobbit said:

Change your url to say just stonewars.de instead of the regular URL. That did it for me. Hope this helps!

Thanks, I got that to work but it's a pain having to run everything through a translator.

17 minutes ago, karrit said:

Thanks, I got that to work but it's a pain having to run everything through a translator.

What browser do you use? I don't know about others, but Google Chrome translates the whole page for me automatically.

2 hours ago, Fenghuang0296 said:
2 hours ago, BacktoBricks said:

They have the holes on the side for the technic pins, so if the heights line up there's no reason why they shouldn't. Can't help but think that Lego intends for this considering they are retiring the Great Hall this summer. The styles aren't that different that the average consumer wouldn't think they are meant to connect with the Clocktower, Astronomy Tower etc.

Actually, it looks to me like you can. The 2018-2020 sets have been based on a system where there’s one Technic pin at ground level and one elevated by five bricks, so there’re two attachment points. I’m not certain but I think that the ‘sideways’ attachment of the new sets also relies on the same technic pin system - at the very least the ground level one is the same. So worst case, only have one point of connection. 

And, I mean, it’s LEGO. I’m certain it’ll be easy to modify them so that they are compatible if they aren’t already by default. 

That's what I was thinking.

Whether or not the sets are intended to physically attach to each other via technic pins, it's always your choice to display them next to each other or not. Personally, I wouldn't given that the aesthetic style is so different, not just the roof colours but the whole look. If I was going to get these, I'd probably set up an entirely separate, second Hogwarts display.

1 hour ago, chris6507 said:

What browser do you use? I don't know about others, but Google Chrome translates the whole page for me automatically.

I use Google but, unless I find the correct way to get the page to open up which I think I actually did manage just once, it goes either to the site that never finds the Harry Potter stuff or I have to manually translate the German to English bit by bit.

12 minutes ago, karrit said:

I use Google but, unless I find the correct way to get the page to open up which I think I actually did manage just once, it goes either to the site that never finds the Harry Potter stuff or I have to manually translate the German to English bit by bit.

Try right-clicking on a blank spot near top of page. Then you hopefully can click "Translate to English."

I’m thinking that between the CoS set, the bathroom, the fluffy set and the flying lesson we should have enough pieces to make a fairly decent moc of the bell towers, that with a switch to grey roof should align to the 2018 style. At least that’s what I’ll be trying :excited:

Can anyone make out on the side of the flying lesson box, what the dark shape between Hooch and Malfoy is? It may give a clue to what’s on the other side of the wall.

Welp...not sure if it's the surprised excitement of this wave, getting a renewed jolt to my love of this theme, but I succumbed to the dark arts and bought the D2C 2018 Hogwarts. Not the biggest fan of microscale, but lordy, that set looks amazing for display and I've been eyeing it since I got back into Lego last year.  My wallet is not happy, but I hope I will enjoy it. You did it again, Lego. You got my money and will get more with the 2021 wave. 

Interesting note, all of the new closed rebe prints in the CoS and other sets have the exaggerated collars from the Moments jumpers, while the new open robe print used on Harry in the CoS and Ron in the Fluffy Encounter have the smaller collars, in line with the 2018-2020 jumpers. Perhaps this could hint that in 2022 they'll return to the old style of jumpers, sort of like how the Slytherin robes we got in 2020 used the Moments design before those sets debuted?

Also, this new open Gryffindor print does not match up with the open Slytherin robes from the AT: Not only is the collar different, but the AT robes had an ugly gray edging that was thankfully mixed here. So, that 2020 design may be a permanent one-off style.

Edited by Retro Brick Reviews

I can’t stop looking at the interior of the Frogwarts Chamber of Secrets set...:pir-love: It really is spectacular. Did someone say that there are seven frogs in it?? I can only count five - three chocolate frogs, one pink frog, and one white frog.

With the Hogwarts clocktower 2004 set being my favorite set ever and the 2019 having lackluster interiors (the pendulum)...here's to hoping there's another clock tower remake in the 2021 style because I would love to have them tackle the pendulum again! (that is, if DH sets are for sure not happening anymore)

22 minutes ago, sebastian666 said:

I can’t stop looking at the interior of the Frogwarts Chamber of Secrets set...:pir-love: It really is spectacular. Did someone say that there are seven frogs in it?? I can only count five - three chocolate frogs, one pink frog, and one white frog.

I found 4 chocolate in addition to 1 pink & 1 white.  One Chocolate in Lockhart's office, one by the telescope & two in the Great Hall (one on table & one on the floor).  But that's only in the Picture that shows the 3 sets together.

Just now, DocStrange said:

When is the Target preorder going online today?

12PM CST according to their website so who knows if they really mean CDT or CST.

9 hours ago, Yope said:

Do you think they'll continue with the anniversary theme (sand green roofs etc) beyond the anniversary year?  I'm pretty sure this will be a one off and we'll be back to a Deathly Hallows wave next year.

Say they give us DH sets in the 2018-2020 style next year. Then they are finished with that style most likely and what do they then do in 2023 give us more set in this style or start all over with a new one? To me it makes most sense to continue with this style, because there is more sets to do, they can focus on giving us sets we have not gotten yet, but also combined with some re-releases in a new form :shrug_oh_well:

To me it is most important that we get DA expansion sets, so hopefully we see that next year :wink: