Captain Nemo

Harry Potter 2021 - Rumors & Discussion

2 minutes ago, BrickMatit said:

Not really. There's Beauxbatons Carriage :wink:

Ah yes you're right! The most forgettable set of the new wave lol

There's a Quidditch trophy in the flying practice set so I think we'll get a trophy area inside (maybe a new James Potter shield) and a Quidditch equipment area.

Did people earlier in the thread say they saw proper images of the Fluffy set? Including interiors?

Guys, if you zoom into the picture showing how the castle sections connect, you can see that the small lower build in the Forbidden Corridor set (the one with bricks from the outside) is Devil's Snare! They have rearranged it to be under the trapdoor. Like someone has pointed out, I believe the highest tower portion is a reference to the potion bottle challenge from the book. :grin_wub::cry2:

I will say, that I simply cannot understand why they are showing the exterior of the Forbidden Corridor set on the box art cover. *huh*

14 minutes ago, Yope said:

Did people earlier in the thread say they saw proper images of the Fluffy set? Including interiors?

Not for the moment. Just a better quality pic of the box (front and right side).

And the white interior of the set in the pic with all sets together.

Edited by BrickMatit

The new wave has at least six of these panel pieces 

60808.png

which aren't great for moccing, so are kinda like the 2018+ version of this old piece from the 2010-11 line

87421.png

That Sinistra figure really is way better than it has any right to be.  Honestly every piece of it, fantastic printing, nothing reused, wonderful recolour of the hat piece, even the gold arms add a nice touch.  Think it could be one of the best looking Harry Potter minifigures ever and the standout of this year.  ...and all for a character with minimal screen time and no lines!

4 hours ago, Retro Brick Reviews said:

In addition to these four sets that leaked today, there will seemingly be two more sets in June:

- A $60 Wizard Chess set based on the ending of Philosopher's Stone. Low-res pictures leaked about a week ago. It includes the Harry, Ron, and Hermione all in casual outfits, plus a Golden Snape. The board is 32x32 studs (spaces are each 4x4), and the chess pieces seem to be brickbuilt, but using minifigure headgear and weapons.

- A $30 Flying Lesson set. Not much is known about it, aside from the fact that it includes minifigures of Madam Hooch and a Golden Quirrell, potentially in addition to others. It is unknown whether this will be a minifigure playset.

In addition, there are five other sets releasing later this year. They are: 

- A $120 set of buildable statues of the modern Year 1/2 Harry and Hermione minifigures

- A $40 buildable Fawkes the Phoenix in the same style as the Hedwig from last year.

- A $250 D2C set, which will be a collection of brickbuilt "Hogwarts Icons", so probably a display featuring items such as the Sword of Gryffindor, Sorting Hat, Golden Snitch, and Pensieve.

- A polybag, about which nothing is known

- A $40 Advent Calendar, which will include figures of Harry (same casual variant from Diagon Alley), Ron, Hermione, Dudley (in PJs), and Griphook (from the first movie).

Apparently, at least one of these sets will also include a new golden minifigure, as it's been confirmed that there will be more in addition to the six that are already known.

Top man, cheers. 

Are the crenellations of the flying practice set new parts?  Look like 1x2 panel pieces with an extra side?

Why does this stuff always leak while I'm sleeping?  I'm pretty impressed with everything for the most part.  No interest in the Harry & Hermione set at all so at least I'll save some money there. Fawkes looks really nice so I may have to finally get Hedwig too.  Wonder if Fawkes will be a Barnes & Noble exclusive like Hedwig was.  I may wait a bit on the Chess Set because I need the other sets first.  Looks like I was right about the modular builds for the Hogwarts sets being like what they did with some of the Disney Princess sets.  Also guessed right about the Great Hall having the Dueling Scene set up.  I still don't like the way they made Fluffy's body but the head looks nice.  Curious to see what the interior of the set actually looks like.  Hogsmeade set is nice but the buildings seem a little bit too small & cramped for space.  Isn't Luna supposed to be a year or two behind the others?  Strange they went with her for the Ravenclaw student.  One could always swap out the hair to make her a generic student.  So here's my rankings though not necessarily my actual buying order:

1 - Chamber of Secrets

2 - Hogsmeade

3 - Polyjuice

4 - Flying Lesson

5 - Fluffy

6 - Chess set

7 - Fawkes 

999  - Harry & Hermione 

As far as I'm concerned it's a given that we'll be getting a gold Dumbledore.  There's apparently no golden figs in the non-anniversary Fawkes and Harry/Hermione sets with different box art, and there won't be any in a polybag or advent calendar.  Does this just leave the D2C as the only other possibility?  Which means it could still be anniversary themed?  Or are there any other options e.g. a GWP gold Dumbledore.  It's a shame if we don't get a gold Draco/Hagrid but no Dumbledore when we're getting a Quirrell would be inexplicable, the only reason I can fathom is that it would require 2 new gold moulds rather than one but still... surely that wouldn't get in the way.

1 minute ago, Yope said:

As far as I'm concerned it's a given that we'll be getting a gold Dumbledore.  There's apparently no golden figs in the non-anniversary Fawkes and Harry/Hermione sets with different box art, and there won't be any in a polybag or advent calendar.  Does this just leave the D2C as the only other possibility?  Which means it could still be anniversary themed?  Or are there any other options e.g. a GWP gold Dumbledore.  It's a shame if we don't get a gold Draco/Hagrid but no Dumbledore when we're getting a Quirrell would be inexplicable, the only reason I can fathom is that it would require 2 new gold moulds rather than one but still... surely that wouldn't get in the way.

@Falconfan1414 said that only two of the known sets (Advent Calendar not included) wouldn't include golden figures. This can be presumed to mean that both the D2C and polybag will include golden figures. It would be appreciated if Falconfan could verify this.

14 minutes ago, karrit said:

Curious to see what the interior of the set actually looks like

Actually we have a look at interior. Check stonewars, pic where all sets are combined

16 minutes ago, karrit said:

Isn't Luna supposed to be a year or two behind the others?

she's the same year as ginny (so 1st year when set takes place)

Let's talk modularity: I love the concept, and but not sure about the integration of the Forbidden Corridor set.

On its own, the Forbidden Corridor looks incomplete. As shown in the box art, the trap down doesn't even align with the lower section with the vines. 

It works better in the picture of the suggested combined build, with the 16x8 Lockhart Classroom from the main Castle placed underneath the Fluffy section and moving the 8X8 vines underneath the trap door. However, I don't like that Lockhart's classroom is separated from his office, which is now above the Girls Bathroom section.

Ideally, Lockhart's Classroom would stack above the bathroom (making for an extra-tall tower beside the Great Hall, albeit an overly boxy one), and a different 8x16 section would be underneath Fluffy's Corridor. A 16x8 Chamber of the Winged Keys set in the shape of the Girls Bathroom set would fit perfectly!

Edited by Ferder

3 minutes ago, Ferder said:

A 16x8 Chamber of the Winged Keys set in the style of the Girls Bathroom would fit perfectly!

This is a good idea. If Lego would ever complete the PS final challenge, I see them doing what you've said.

Otherwise I would try to work out something from pieces I have at home and/or buying them via BrickLink.

The other set I like from this line is the Flying Lesson. it looks like it could go well with either Castle line (from 2018 or now) and it's handy to have extra connecting walls between the major towers to build out Quads and such. Curious what the interior for that will have.

I gotta say, having the Great Hall elevated REALLY helps the exterior look. I think the exterior for these sets looks better than the 2018 line, imo. 

the interior of the Great Hall, however, is pretty abysmal

Edited by Modal

26 minutes ago, Yope said:

Are the crenellations of the flying practice set new parts?  Look like 1x2 panel pieces with an extra side?

I think they’re the 2x2 corner versions of that piece 

Just now, Modal said:

I gotta say, having the Great Hall elevated REALLY helps the exterior look. I think the exterior for these sets looks better than the 2018 line, imo. 

I think the exteriors look pretty bad, but I love that it’s raised and has the burps as a base, but I think that’s the only good thing about the exteriors. I vastly prefer the 2018-2020 exteriors. Especially the grey roofs

10 minutes ago, Ferder said:

Let's talk modularity: I love the concept, and but not sure about the integration of the Forbidden Corridor set.

On its own, the Forbidden Corridor looks incomplete. As shown in the box art, the trap down doesn't even align with the lower section with the vines. 

It works better in the picture of the suggested combined build, with the 16x8 Lockhart Classroom from the main Castle placed underneath the Fluffy section and moving the 8X8 vines underneath the trap door. However, I don't like that Lockhart's classroom is separated from his office, which is now above the Girls Bathroom section.

Ideally, Lockhart's Classroom would stack above the bathroom (making for an extra-tall tower beside the Great Hall, albeit an overly boxy one), and a different 8x16 section would be underneath Fluffy's Corridor. A 16x8 Chamber of the Winged Keys set in the style of the Girls Bathroom would fit perfectly!

Agreed, I definitely hope we get a 16×8 Flying Keys challenge set as that would integrate so much better. It's too bad the Forbidden Corridor can't stand on its own so well since the Devil's Snare section is so small. Also, I would have liked to see more Devil's Snare, not just 3 vine pieces but hey, it's something.

Edited by ToaDraco

36 minutes ago, ArrowBricks said:

Top man, cheers. 

I really hope I don't like the D2C at this point. My budget is taking a hit :laugh:

I own all of the 2018 castle sets so will probably skip all of these. Kinda sad to see there's isn't a new set for the 2018 style ones this year?.

Also very keen to see if people can moc these to work with the 2018 sets/would love the chamber of secrets section under the 2018 great hall.

On 3/28/2021 at 5:49 PM, DrDrewBlood said:

The leaked Fluffy set is 24 studs wide, so my guess is a 24x24 chess set. Each square would be 3x3.

So... the chess board is 24 studs wide! Guess I was half right. 

20 minutes ago, Retro Brick Reviews said:

@Falconfan1414 said that only two of the known sets (Advent Calendar not included) wouldn't include golden figures. This can be presumed to mean that both the D2C and polybag will include golden figures. It would be appreciated if Falconfan could verify this.

My guess is that it's somewhat like the Obi-Wan 20th Anniversary "polybag" figure. 

1 minute ago, Undi3sss said:

I own all of the 2018 castle sets so will probably skip all of these. Kinda sad to see there's isn't a new set for the 2018 style ones this year?.

Also very keen to see if people can moc these to work with the 2018 sets/would love the chamber of secrets section under the 2018 great hall.

As many others have stated, the new Flying Lesson has no shingles roof, and as such would fit with either system. It is also the least blocky of all the new expansions.

7 minutes ago, ToaDraco said:

Agreed, I definitely hope we get a 16×8 Flying Keys challenge set as that would integrate so much better. It's too bad the Forbidden Corridor can't stand on its own so well since the Devil's Snare section is so small. Also, I would have liked to see more Devil's Snare, not just 3 vine pieces but hey, it's something.

Plus, it would mean that the full modular build would be completely subterranean at the bottom. Lockhart's classroom just doesn't fit with the rest of the sections with their grey "underground" design. 

25 minutes ago, Retro Brick Reviews said:

I'm pretty sure he meant regular retailer sets - that means that he excluded D2C, AC, polybags etc.

And that checks out. 6 Anniversary sets, 2 regular (well kinda) sets. 

Of course there's a chance that the D2C is also an anniversary set, or even the polybag, but I'm not sure if he knows it as of now.