Captain Nemo

Harry Potter 2021 - Rumors & Discussion

1 minute ago, Seaber said:

Fawkes should be golden Dumbledore right as the golden figs hacmve CMF stands and the jumper plate is for Minifig Fawkes' perch?

All of the Anniversary sets have Harry on the box casting a golden spell. The Fawkes box has Harry casting a blue spell, like the Maxifigs. It can be presumed that Fawkes is not considered an Anniversary set, and as such will not include a golden figure.

Hogwarts Polyjuice Potion Mistake - Skip
Hogwarts Fluffy Encounter - Skip
Hogsmeade Village Visit - Must buy
Hogwarts Chamber of Secrets - Must buy
Hogwarts Wizard's Chess - Must buy
Harry Potter & Hermoine Granger - Must buy
Fawkes - Must buy
Hogwarts: First Flying Lesson - Considering

Kind of obvious but the flying lesson interior could be a small office for Hooch and a storage room with the chest.

Edited by Otherworld

All I can say is WOW. They did it. They really did it. LEGO achieved what many of us thought was impossible after the initial blurry leaks and disappointing warnings.

The new Harry Potter sets are all at once playable, displayable, collectible, and in some inexplicable way they manage to fill me with a warm sense of nostalgia that feels like I just took a swig of Madam Rosmerta’s famous fire whiskey.

In order of my most favorite to least favorite:

1. Hogwarts Chamber of Secrets

(AKA Frogwarts - the designer must really like frogs - I counted at least three!)

2. Hogsmeade Village Visit

3. Hogwarts Fluffy Encounter

4. Hogwarts Polyjuice Potion Mistake

5. Hogwarts Wizard’s Chess

6. Hogwarts Flying Lesson

7. Fawkes, Dumbledore’s Phoenix 

8. Harry and Hermione Buildable Figures

You guys are bigger LEGO experts than I am so I wanted to ask: Does the mouth of Salazar Slytherin look tall enough for the Basilisk figure to slide through?

12 minutes ago, YetiZombie said:

I thought this at first but the box art doesn't seem to indicate that it's an anniversary set.

10 minutes ago, Retro Brick Reviews said:

It can be presumed that Fawkes is not considered an Anniversary set

I don't think Fawkes is an anniversary set too. It simply follows the way of Hedwig set.

The same I think about brickbuilt H&H box, that hasn't the anniversary logo too. If this set will make good sales, it will stay with us, drawing the way for following charachters.

OMG! Did anyone here notice there is a Hengist of Woodcroft (founder of Hogsmeade village) reference inside the Three Broomsticks?! There is a portrait of him hanging right from the door on the inside.
And they very clearly used the design of his chocolate frog card from the first two video games instead of the Universal park version. Absolutely LOVE that detail, especially because it's from the old games. :wub:

Harry Potter Fan Art: Chocolate frog cards - Hengist of Woodcroft | Harry  potter fan art, Harry potter characters, Harry potter sweets

What a crazy deal of reveals! Sets are looking pretty good and some of the minifigs are great! What's everyone favourite set from the wave?

Since everyone's doing it :classic:

1. Chamber of Secrets / Hogsmeade (love em both equally)
3. First Flying Lesson
4. Polyjuice Potion Mistake
5. Wizard's Chess
6. Fluffy Encounter
7. Fawkes
8. Buildable Figures

I'll definitely buy 1-6 at some point, probably will pass on 7 and 8.

I know someone earlier mentioned the term "cash grab", which many of you thought was not applicable here, but does anyone else feel like LEGO is trying a bit too hard to get us into collectables? I mean besides the CMF, we now have golden figures you need to "Purchase ALL to collect!", and even more so these chocolate frog cards, which you can't even get all of with purchasing every set! 

Honestly, this is becoming a bit too sleezy for me. How about you just make the sets good enough that we feel the urge to buy them all, not dangling a carrot on a stick and giving us a sense of FOMO by not getting everything

Edited by Modal

Still not a fan of the tower section of the great hall but everything else is nice. I'll be buying all of the castle sets ASAP but I'll probably wait a bit on hogsmeade. I had originally wanted to get the chess set but after seeing how bad it is as a display piece (no studs to connect the pieces, so making it look nice on a shelf will be a nightmare) I probably won't buy it, but then again I would like those figures of the trio. 

I'm really looking forward to see the interior for the flying lesson set and getting better look at the forbidden corridor interior. Part of me hopes the remaining challenges will be put in those small side towers but I have a feeling those won't actually be anything interesting, I wouldn't be surprised if one of them is yet another potions classroom. 

6 minutes ago, joeee said:

You guys are bigger LEGO experts than I am so I wanted to ask: Does the mouth of Salazar Slytherin look tall enough for the Basilisk figure to slide through?

Yes since the neck part of the Basilisk is posable. It can be rotated at two points to flatten him to the ground level or raise his head

What a day!

Been loving seeing everyone's (mostly positive) reactions, big thanks to @Guyon2002 and @Falconfan1414 for keeping expectations in check.  Today could have been a shocker otherwise but instead we're all mostly chuffed!

Edited by Yope

6 minutes ago, Brick Clicker said:

What a crazy deal of reveals! Sets are looking pretty good and some of the minifigs are great! What's everyone favourite set from the wave?

Definitely Hogwarts

9 minutes ago, hoiharry said:

OMG! Did anyone here notice there is a Hengist of Woodcroft (founder of Hogsmeade village) reference inside the Three Broomsticks?! There is a portrait of him hanging right from the door on the inside.
And they very clearly used the design of his chocolate frog card from the first two video games instead of the Universal park version. Absolutely LOVE that detail, especially because it's from the old games. :wub:

Wow! I wonder if they’ll actually use that character selection from what I remember is the bonus level in chamber of secrets, where you access a hall of fame with all those wizard cards.

4 minutes ago, Seaber said:

I think the only think I'm disappointed about so far is the Glow in the Dark Nick. I hope they revert to the older style if they ever do the Grey Lady, Fat Friar and Bloody Baron. 

While I understand and agree with the sentiment, there really hasn't been a set style up to this point. 2018 Nick and the Myrtle sticker in nano-Hogwarts were greyscale, while the 2020 Myrtle was in cool blue tones. There has yet to be a consistent style for the HP ghosts.

So, here's my top:

1. Chamber of Secrets
  2. Hogsmeade
  3. Flying lesson
  4. Bathroom
  5. Fawkes
  6. Fluffy set
  7. Chess set
  8. Buildable figures

14 minutes ago, Brick Clicker said:

Fluffy Encounter for me, Fluffy was my favorite part of the first book/film and I was sad he never showed up again after that. The old Forbidden Corridor set is my favorite of the original HP sets, it's very nostalgic for me. The new buildable Fluffy looks incredible with the shaping, pose-ability and new head pieces. I really like the harp build and I'm glad it includes a small section with Devil's Snare but it's unfortunate that you can't position it under the trap door without one of the other sets. That's going to be the biggest thing going against it imo.

Chamber of Secrets is a close second, it looks incredible and the Basilisk is awesome! I missed out on the original CoS but it's one I always wanted.

Edited by ToaDraco

9 minutes ago, Brick Clicker said:

It has to be the Chamber of Secrets. Not only does it have the best minifigure selection I've seen in a set, like, ever, but the build is also absolutely amazing. Add all the anniversary elements and it's kinda perfect.

Honorable mentions are Polyjuice set, as it's literally a perfect 20€ set, it's STACKED, and Hosgmeade, lovely set.

1 minute ago, Otherworld said:

Wow! I wonder if they’ll actually use that character selection from what I remember is the bonus level in chamber of secrets, where you access a hall of fame with all those wizard cards.

No he was not from that bonus level, those were gold cards. He was a bronze card which you (together with the silver cards) collected in the story levels, different parts of Hogwarts or even trade with other students.

Don’t have a lot of HP yet, but i think i want most of these sets 8-o

they are superfun to play with. 

Anyone know whether the Harry and Ron heads can be exchanged for Crabbe and Goyle in the bathroom set as if not that subtracts significantly from the set's value in my eyes 

as soon as it comes out I'm buying the chamber of secrets the girls bathroom may be the quidditch pitch and the set with fluffy whose name I can't recall

overall lego killed it with this wave :pir-love:

Long time lurker chiming in for the first time here, because I feel like I'm taking crazy pills! Those buildable Harry and Hermione figures are the best part of this wave in my opinion. So, I'm glad I'll be able to grab them easily with everyone else putting them on the bottom of their lists! :) But, I only buy sets that will look good on my shelves. And I think these will make awesome display pieces. I hope they make Ron soon, and I'd love to see this extend to other themes. Give me some buildable LEGO Star Wars characters like this, please!