Captain Nemo

Harry Potter 2021 - Rumors & Discussion

I love what I see of the sets so far, of course we don't have good pictures of the set I want most yet(Forbidden Corridor) but I really like what I'm seeing, even from the buildable characters, those are far more impressive than I expected, I just don't understand who those are for or why they decided to do them. Fawkes looks great, the flying lesson looks better than I expected, the CoS looks fantastic, love the Basilisk and Slytherin's head. Hogsmeade looks good, girl's lavatory looks good and I'm glad it can sit above the CoS and you can slide figures down from there. I like how the Forbidden Corridor combines with the other sets but not thrilled about how it works without other sets, though it's exactly what I expected from the layout of the interior. Fluffy looks awesome, I need better pics to see the build and articulation better. I'm also way more excited for the 2x2 random Wizard cards than the golden figures, those are a way better idea and I hope they continue that idea into future HP sets beyond the anniversary waves. 

1 minute ago, Modal said:

The chess set looks like a disaster for...actually playing chess.

It seems more a only-exposition-set than something you can really play with. :sceptic:

If everyone's doing it I guess I'll share my ranking as well :tongue:

8) Chess
7) H&H
6) Fawkes
5) Fluffy
4) Girl's Bathroom
3) Flying Lesson
2) Hogsmeade
1) Chamber of Secrets

39 minutes ago, Textorix said:

Unpopular opinion but that Flying lesson set is my 2nd favourite after Hogsmeade, great build which matches 2018-2020 style

Flying Lesson is my only must buy at the moment as it looks like it can easily integrate into the 2018-2020 Hogwarts.

The interiors on these are great I'm just so disappointed we aren't getting 2018-2020 expansions.  Where is my Bell Towers!?

16 minutes ago, YetiZombie said:

Just like the chess set was confirmed as the D2C? ;) Anyway, we'll see images soon enough.

You don't seem to understand the difference between a rumour and a confirmation.

If he says that as a claim, "Dumbledore I'll be in the Fawkes set", then he is there.

Quick question how will the elevated chamber of secrets fit with the current modular castle hehe? 

I think if space and money was no object, I'd happily get all of these except the chess set.

Realistically as I already have the 2018-20 castle I'll just be getting Hogsmeade and the two smaller Hogwarts sets.

1) Hogsmeade  - buying immediately
2) Flying Lesson - buying immediately
3) Chamber of Secrets - Great Hall will go for parts
4) Myrtle's Bathroom - I will end up buying it
5) Fluffy - I will end up buying it
6) Chess - Just minifigures from BL
7) Fawkes - skip
8) Harry and Hermione - easy skip

Edited by Textorix

Just now, THELEGOBATMAN said:

You don't seem to understand the difference between a rumour and a confirmation.

If he says that as a claim, "Dumbledore I'll be in the Fawkes set", then he is there. 

I understand just fine. Nothing is confirmed until it's officially revealed by a retailer or LEGO themselves. If you don't get that, then let's just agree to disagree.

Just now, Unknown Jedi Master said:

Will the flying lesson release in June or will it come out in August? 

Most likely June

Well I guess I also have to do my ranking then:

8. Harry Potter & Hermione Granger
7. Hogwarts Wizard's Chess
6. Fawkes, Dumbledore's Phoenix
5. Hogwarts: Fluffy Encounter
4. Hogwarts: First Flying Lesson
3. Hosgmeade Village Visit
2. Hogwarts: Polyjuice Potion Mistake
1. Hogwarts Chamber of Secrets

The last 3 are interchangeable I guess.

1 minute ago, YetiZombie said:

I understand just fine. Nothing is confirmed until it's officially revealed by a retailer or LEGO themselves. If you don't get that, then let's just agree to disagree.

These sets arent officialy revealed by Lego and yet they are 100% confirmed by now because we have pictures leaked lol

3 minutes ago, YetiZombie said:

Then you didn't believe Promobricks when they provided us the detailed list of sets descriptions right?

Just now, Textorix said:

These sets arent officialy revealed by Lego and yet they are 100% confirmed by now because we have pictures leaked lol

I wasn't referring to the pictures lol :facepalm:, I was referring to something not shown in the pictures that is supposedly "confirmed"

Then you didn't believe Promobricks when they provided us the detailed list of sets descriptions right?

Amazon Spain legit put the product listings for them now

Just now, YetiZombie said:

I wasn't referring to the pictures lol :facepalm:, I was referring to something not shown in the pictures that is supposedly "confirmed"

Confirmed by the likes of Guyon, Falcon, et al means it's confirmed. They are very clear when it's speculation. Since I assume you're new here on this board, you'll understand this soon. If you're not new, then we have a TROLL in the DUNGEON. 

Whether I believe them is irrelevant. Promobricks writing an article about upcoming sets is a strong rumor (which is most likely true), but not confirmation. A website or LEGO revealing pictures of the sets is confirmation. That's the difference I'm trying to get at. We've seen early set descriptions be slightly wrong before, so you can't say that counts as confirmation.

Ugh I just really love the chamber of secrets set, there’s something about the interior that I adore and I can’t really tell what it is. Can’t honestly wait to put all the castle pieces together.

So... I don't collect Potter Lego. Never have, never thought I would. But these new sets are just SO incredible!! When are they released, do we know?

1 minute ago, Prometheus87 said:

Confirmed by the likes of Guyon, Falcon, et al means it's confirmed. They are very clear when it's speculation. Since I assume you're new here on this board, you'll understand this soon. If you're not new, then we have a TROLL in the DUNGEON.  

Not trolling, just exercising caution which we on this forum don't do enough from time to time :wink: . Anyway, sorry for derailing the conversation. I'm super excited about these sets!

Fawkes should be golden Dumbledore right as the golden figs hacmve CMF stands and the jumper plate is for Minifig Fawkes' perch? 

Fawkes looks great, but he's design lends itself to Lego far more than Hedwig. Glad I can save money on both Fawkes and the Figures, but I like seeing them and hope to see more in future. 

I think the only think I'm disappointed about so far is the Glow in the Dark Nick. I hope they revert to the older style if they ever do the Grey Lady, Fat Friar and Bloody Baron. 

When I zoom on the statue, I see kind a sad face. I would be really nice, if that's an updated Peeves^^

And yeah I know there is a statue on this scene but it looks really similar to him

Edited by Xcube

Just now, Seaber said:

Fawkes should be golden Dumbledore right as the golden figs hacmve CMF stands and the jumper plate is for Minifig Fawkes' perch? 

I thought this at first but the box art doesn't seem to indicate that it's an anniversary set. The color of Harry's spell is gold on the anniversary sets, and this one is blue.