Captain Nemo

Harry Potter 2021 - Rumors & Discussion

Chess is another set that looks decent I guess but I'll never get it. The builds for the pieces don't do it for me and the lack of studs on the board is questionable as a lot of those pieces look like they'll fall over as soon as you touch them.

Chess just leaked in good quality. The pieces look to be good builds, perhaps just a little simple. I'm curious to see how Ron looks riding a horse. It's a shame that Harry's sweater doesn't have the tear on it, but it's still a good variant to get.

Also, yeah, those pieces look like they'll fall over easily. They should've used 3x3 plates at the base instead of 2x2s.

Edited by Retro Brick Reviews

LEAK OVERLOAD^^ Ok the golden figure looked on the blurry picture like Quirrell, now we know thats really snape :)

2 minutes ago, RogueTwo said:

AND...chess just leaked!!

Castle fans will be very happy, just look at all these helmets and swords in black and white :laugh: 

There‘s one issue with this set I haven‘t thought of before: how are we supposed to properly align the chess pieces without jumper plates? :laugh_hard:

3 minutes ago, RogueTwo said:

AND...chess just leaked!!

Definitely going to be doing some bricklinking for figures on this one. Think the blurry pictures were closer to enticing me.

4 minutes ago, Metanoios91 said:

Yes but he mentioned 2 August sets leaking and I was wondering if I missed one

I think he was talking about chess set, but they're not August

Just now, Falconfan1414 said:

The chess set seems to have big flaw. The pieces could fall over really easily 

But the pawns look so cute!  :laugh:

I will probably just Bricklink the trio from this one

So far I really like how all these sets look. I wasn’t sure about Harry and Hermione but after seeing it, I actually kind of want it. I’ll definitely get the chess set and hope that the pieces don’t fall over really easily. I still don’t like this weird Hogwarts style but hopefully it’s only for this wave. But the figures in the Hogwarts sets are spectacular. Zero complaints about the figures or inclusions. They didn’t have to give us Luna but they shoehorned her in just to give us Ravenclaw robes and I’m nothing but grateful for that. It’s a wonderful bonus. Can’t wait to get these

Chess pieces look a little small, but loads of great accessories so it shouldn't be hard to bulk them up a bit. I guess Ron stands on a 1x2 plate or something to ride the horse? 

4 minutes ago, Guyon2002 said:

Chess is another set that looks decent I guess but I'll never get it. The builds for the pieces don't do it for me and the lack of studs on the board is questionable as a lot of those pieces look like they'll fall over as soon as you touch them.

I really want to like the chess set, but it just doesn't quite get there for me. The pawns are kind of cute, but the trio just aren't dwarfed by the pieces like they were in the film and the builds aren't instantly recognisable. Don't know if Harry will have a double sided face, but the sooty DA face would have been perfect for this set.

Edited by BacktoBricks

10 minutes ago, Metanoios91 said:

Which other August set has leaked besides the buildable figures?

The chess set leaked like a week ago.

We have no idea about the release dates for all the sets besides the 4 OG Anniversary. We assume that most of them have to be for June, but most people had them listed as August sets.

The chess set is my least favourite of the sets so far. The pawns should have gotten a new body in combination with helmet mould at this scale (or at the least reused the spanish armada helmet) and the king and queen shoud have gotten different helmets/crowns as well. The chess figures just don't look good. And Ron can't even ride on the horse

Edited by Metanoios91

16 minutes ago, (Insert Name Here) said:

Yeah, I'm glad there's plenty of Chamber of Secrets details. I think it's a little annoying that we've had the Great Hall before though. I would've rather had the Hospital Wing, as that also has ties to Chamber as Harry goes there after Quidditch with no bones in his arm, and the petrified bodies of Hermione, Colin etc are there too.

(also we could've had a Madam Pomfrey minifigure)

Yeah I get that, it’s just me personally everything else is too good in this that it doesn’t bother me as much for being a remake. It’s a vast improvement over the 2018 imo. Definitely would have loved Pomfrey, but Lego Hogwarts Infirmary doesn’t sound like the most appealing set to kids.

1 minute ago, SuperChris said:

Fawkes has leaked now too!

Yes!!! Doesnt look like any minifigures in it either! These ones are so easy to pass on. 

Fawkes looks good but another let down is that they included the cmf fawkes instead of the flying fawkes which would have been so much better in combination with the Chamber of secrets set

I just wish Hogsmeade was bigger 😩 the interiors are tiny!

I won’t lie, I actually like the Hogwarts exterior designs more than I thought I would.

the Harry and Hermione buildable mini figs, my god they’re hideous! I can’t believe that is a set 

In my opinion they needed to make the chessboard like the one of LEGO 40174 with the jumperplates.

Just now, Brickroll said:

It’s like domino theory, but for leaking... how is so much info coming out so quickly?

What’s left to be leaked now? Advent Cal, Flying set and D2C?