Captain Nemo

Harry Potter 2021 - Rumors & Discussion

Just now, Lego-Freak said:

They’re SOOOO much better than I thought :wub:

Agreed. Honestly I thought they're gonna be ugly, but they're pretty

Okay, so the buildable figures just leaked, and they are gorgeous. Easily my favorite set of the year so far, and I don't see that changing. My only complaint is that I wish Harry's robes had been built into the torso design rather than just a cloth piece. Interestingly, the cloth robe lacks the inner trim, which Mark's the first time we've had fully accurate Year 1/2 robes, since they didn't have the trim until PoA.

Looking again, Hermione has grey socks (a detail I really wish was on the actual minifigure), and it's also interesting that they both are built with mid-legs.

If we already have a picture of this set, does that mean it might end up being a June release?

17 minutes ago, Tommy9 said:

As the lacking interiors were my biggest gripe with the 2018-2020 waves. 

I wouldnt say 2018-2020 had lacking interior. 2018 Great Hall had great interior compared to new one, only tower section was poor which is better in new set. Whomping Willow set had nice interior with Gryffindor common room and Snapes cabinet. Clock Tower had amazing hospital wing, DADA classroom and prefects bathroom. Astronomy Tower had maybe weakest interior but still very decent. So the only thing in these new sets which is better than average is Lockharts classroom and his cabinet. Forbidden Corridor has weak interior as well. I think its just these sets are new for us to see so everyone excited to see new interiors but in the end there arent any better that what we were used to.

Edited by Textorix

these buildable figures look good, but i just can't wrap my head around why they've been made:laugh_hard:

Edited by josh_a_123

The good thing is, no golden figure in this set if you only want to collect them. Pretty well done on the set, but I don't buy it.

To me, the only downside is that this leak confirms that not all of the sets will feature golden minifigs. Let‘s hope at least some of them will :shrug_oh_well:

I can appreciate how Lego made brickbuilt Harry and Hermione, but this is not my cup of tea.

It's even difficult to evaluate this set, because I really don't care about it.

No way I would ever buy it :snicker:

The buildable figures look better than I expected. Still not anything I'm interested in. I'm happy thst there is no golden figure, it means I can completely forget about these. I will commend TLG however as these are well done.

1 minute ago, Lego-Freak said:

To me, the only downside is that this leak confirms that not all of the sets will feature golden minifigs. Let‘s hope at least some of them will :shrug_oh_well:

2 won’t, rest will

6 minutes ago, BacktoBricks said:

As this box art isn't blurry you can also see Ron's face better on the packaging photo and ... what have they done to him! 😂

Poor Ron looks like this guy:

Rothgar-Deng.png

:laugh:

3 minutes ago, Falconfan1414 said:

2 won’t, rest will

Hooray :moar: Which is the other one? The AC I suppose? :purrr:

Edited by Lego-Freak

2 minutes ago, Lego-Freak said:

Also this set doesn't have anniversary logo. And now I'm a bit worried, because I think August sets might not feature golden figures (though the only August sets are these buildable figures and Fawkes). Anyway, D2C I'm sure will have golden figure

Just now, Lego-Freak said:

Poor Ron looks like this guy:

:laugh:

Ron looks like a.... blank image? Has he been talking to Drax again? :tongue::laugh_hard:

I really love these. I was expecting to be in the minority, but people seem to like them more than I thought. Not really a fan of the cloth piece on harry, but its not the worst. I do think it would have benifited from including the normal minifgure of these designs, even if they wouldn't be new.

1 minute ago, Lego-Freak said:

Hooray :moar: Which is the other one? The AC I suppose? :purrr:

Fawkes

Just now, (Insert Name Here) said:

Those buildable figures sure are... Big. And... they look like minifigures.

And... Honestly I don't see the point of these.

Seems like these buildable figures really divide opinions. Personally, I hate them :D They are (rather expensive) display pieces, however, they don't display that well imo. The lines between the bricks on Harry's face look quite dreadful. Hermione doesn't suffer from that though. Not my cup of tea but nice to hear that there's an audience for these sets as well.

To be more positive, I love the other sets. As someone who doesn't have 2018-2020 Hogwarts sets, CoS is tempting. I like the rock foundation, and personally, I think the sand green looks great on the roofs. However, I can understand the frustration some of you have. Hogsmeade looks charming. My only issue with it is the sign for the Three broomsticks. Why isn't it made of broomstick pieces...? Thankfully, it shouldn't be too difficult moc.

1 minute ago, Guyon2002 said:

Ron looks like a.... blank image? Has he been talking to Drax again? :tongue::laugh_hard:

Thought it was just me getting blank images today. Eurobricks again. :facepalm:

Edited by BacktoBricks

I like the new wave, a good mix of the old and new styles and some new features. I really like the idea of the built figures, and might have to get them to use as template for other, non HP characters. 

1 minute ago, Falconfan1414 said:

I wasn’t including the advent calendar in that lol 

Were you counting buildable figures?

3 minutes ago, BacktoBricks said:

Thought it was just me getting blank images today. Eurobricks again. :facepalm:

Oh good to hear others have this problems, I thought it was just the wifi I'm on blocking it or something

4 minutes ago, Guyon2002 said:

Good one :laugh_hard: I fixed the image :purrr:

While I love the Harry & Hermione set, it seems like a monkey‘s paw type deal to me. Someone wished for a $120 set filled with nothing but minifigs :laugh_hard:

Just now, Surge said:

Oh good to hear others have this problems, I thought it was just the wifi I'm on blocking it or something

Ever since Eurobricks switched servers a few months ago the forum's been pretty unreliable. Images not loading, "show more replies" not working, dropping out a dozen times a day and so on.