Captain Nemo

Harry Potter 2021 - Rumors & Discussion

1 hour ago, Seaber said:

I really like how they're making the most of the roof space in the Great Hall. Compare the amount of fun stuff we're getting compared to the 2018 GS Tower which was so bland by comparison, the line is really coming along well for both minifigures and interior details. 

It's a lovely tribute to the original Great Hall. It's nice to see the small orb back. It's a shame they didn't include a white rat but the potions are nice enough.  

13 minutes ago, dyl-and said:

i think dean’s new face print is the one we saw on one of the leaked eternals figures - the character played by kumail nanjiani 

Kingo‘s face print is different :wink:

6 minutes ago, Surge said:

It was mentioned early, but I find it so odd how a fake professor Sinestra leaked when she wasn't even rumored to be in it. The leaked one was the reason we know she's in it, but it turned out fake, but she's still in the set. Kinda crazy

I might misremember the timeline, but wasn‘t she rumoured to be included just slightly before the fake leak dropped? :shrug_oh_well:

1 minute ago, Lego-Freak said:

I might misremember the timeline, but wasn‘t she rumoured to be included just slightly before the fake leak dropped? :shrug_oh_well:

I'm pretty sure it was just stated that another teacher would be in it, but no confirmation who. When the fake leak happened, Guyon (I think it was him), confirmed that she was said unnamed teacher.

7 minutes ago, Surge said:

It was mentioned early, but I find it so odd how a fake professor Sinestra leaked when she wasn't even rumored to be in it. The leaked one was the reason we know she's in it, but it turned out fake, but she's still in the set. Kinda crazy

It is weird. We also knew she was in the set after the figure leak because she was in the prelim, but where that leaked figure comes into it all I don't know. :wacko:

11 minutes ago, Surge said:

That's not true at all, we knew she would be in that set before the fake minfig leaked.

Edited by THELEGOBATMAN

19 minutes ago, Surge said:

Also, what is that 2x2 thing with the guy on it in Hogsmeade, is it like a candy bin or something?

Interesting how much they switch around the castle when all 3 are connected, the bathroom makes a lot more sense there

If you mean in the Honeydukes buold, watch this video from the DVD extras for Prisoner of Azkaban, specifically at 6:53 and 8:32 there's the little automatons in glass cases that are in the Lego set if that's what you mean.

Edited by (Insert Name Here)

Every few months I return to this forum and I am amazed at the quality of sets being released. I hear there is a chess set too right? If so, that’s going to be so good! 

The amount of new things Harry Potter brings out each year is impressive. I look forward to seeing the other two sets that connect to the COS, which is a superb set in itself. 

How many sets are there in total for the rest of the year? 
-these 4 anniversary sets 

-the chess set 

- Some Quidditch Pack? 

- Buildable Fawkes
What am I missing? Cheers. 

3 minutes ago, Surge said:

I'm pretty sure it was just stated that another teacher would be in it, but no confirmation who. When the fake leak happened, Guyon (I think it was him), confirmed that she was said unnamed teacher.

I remember now :classic: Promobricks had their big scoop, but didn‘t specify who the teacher was. Guyon than immediately confirmed it was Sinistra, and the fake leak occurred shortly after that :grin:

3 minutes ago, (Insert Name Here) said:

If you mean in the Honeydukes buold, watch this video from the DVD extras for Prisoner of Azkaban, specifically at 6:53 and 8:32 there's the little automatons in glass cases that are in the Lego set if that's what you mean.

Also if people want to see what Mr and Mrs Flume look like in the film watch this video. Idk why Lego made Mrs Flume's outfit so pink.

16 minutes ago, Surge said:

I told you guys she'd be in the set days before that figure ''leaked''.

16 minutes ago, Surge said:

We knew that she's coming before she was leaked. At least I knew thanks to jjpleaksite's site

3 minutes ago, Guyon2002 said:

I told you guys she'd be in the set days before that figure ''leaked''.

Oh my b, must have mixed it up, feels like it was forever ago!

9 minutes ago, (Insert Name Here) said:

ah that explains it. thx

As the lacking interiors were my biggest gripe with the 2018-2020 waves. This makes mine glow with happiness. That great hall set looks fantastic. It was my favourite of the preliminary picture and this just continues to delight. The teachers! Oh, the teacher. All 4 of them look amazing. I am disappointed that Lockheart doesn’t have a cape, but that’s okay. Although this is a far weaker ‘great hall’. What they include in it, is different enough for me to gloss over the repeated structure.  

The divination objects above the great hall are cool, although it suggests that we won’t be getting a proper divination room for a while. ( however, I though the same thing about the chamber of secrets and Tom riddle from the book. The lectern and the dueling clubs aspects are the main sellers for this room and I am fine with that. Lockheart’s classroom and office are great, they seem like better versions of the offices and classrooms from the older Hogwarts modules. The chamber itself is perfect. It fits under the castle, tick, it includes Salazar Slytherin’s head, tick, enterence from the bathroom, tick. The ninjago head stands are an incredible added bonus. Dumbledore looks more beautiful than ever, and I adore the colour scheme.  Sinestra is my favourite Minifigure from the bunch. I am excited to place her in my astronomy tower. 

I like the look of the fluffy set, mostly because of the connectable ability. The castle section is fine and fits it’s purpose. I am happy that the devil snare is there, because otherwise I would have a lot of questions. It’s a shame that we will have no way to the winged keys or the final challenge room will come this wave. ( unless they sneak them in to the flying lesson set, although that is just be dreaming) 

58 minutes ago, PavillionDweller said:

I must confess what is sure to be an unorthodox, if not unpopular, opinion though: ... I don't really get the hype around Hogsmeade. It's gorgeous, well made (really don't understand the need for both Mr. and Mrs. Flume though), but it's always been the set I'm most likely to skip this wave. But that's just me. :blush:

I agree. For me it’s not all that. I would take the great hall over hogsmead everyday and twice on Sunday’s. That’s not to say it looks bad, I will buy it and enjoy it, and the minifigure selection for me is exciting, as I like obscure character. It just looks slightly boring. Maybe it will be better in person. It’s good, but not incredible.

10 minutes ago, ArrowBricks said:

Every few months I return to this forum and I am amazed at the quality of sets being released. I hear there is a chess set too right? If so, that’s going to be so good! 

The amount of new things Harry Potter brings out each year is impressive. I look forward to seeing the other two sets that connect to the COS, which is a superb set in itself. 

How many sets are there in total for the rest of the year? 
-these 4 anniversary sets 

-the chess set 

- Some Quidditch Pack? 

- Buildable Fawkes
What am I missing? Cheers. 

In addition to these four sets that leaked today, there will seemingly be two more sets in June:

- A $60 Wizard Chess set based on the ending of Philosopher's Stone. Low-res pictures leaked about a week ago. It includes the Harry, Ron, and Hermione all in casual outfits, plus a Golden Snape. The board is 32x32 studs (spaces are each 4x4), and the chess pieces seem to be brickbuilt, but using minifigure headgear and weapons.

- A $30 Flying Lesson set. Not much is known about it, aside from the fact that it includes minifigures of Madam Hooch and a Golden Quirrell, potentially in addition to others. It is unknown whether this will be a minifigure playset.

In addition, there are five other sets releasing later this year. They are: 

- A $120 set of buildable statues of the modern Year 1/2 Harry and Hermione minifigures

- A $40 buildable Fawkes the Phoenix in the same style as the Hedwig from last year.

- A $250 D2C set, which will be a collection of brickbuilt "Hogwarts Icons", so probably a display featuring items such as the Sword of Gryffindor, Sorting Hat, Golden Snitch, and Pensieve.

- A polybag, about which nothing is known

- A $40 Advent Calendar, which will include figures of Harry (same casual variant from Diagon Alley), Ron, Hermione, Dudley (in PJs), and Griphook (from the first movie).

Apparently, at least one of these sets will also include a new golden minifigure, as it's been confirmed that there will be more in addition to the six that are already known.

Looks like the cat's out of the bag for this one as well! :laugh: I really like this set but there's no way I would ever drop $120 on it.

These sets actually look quite good. They've managed to get a lot of details into the Great Hall even though it's much smaller than its predecessors. I'm not sure about the Basilisk. It looks a lot better than the previous one but I feel it could've been longer. I think I kight get it and mod it into the existing set. 

They’re SOOOO much better than I thought :wub: I especially like that they used essentially the same prints as the minifigs,  just larger, and plenty of new light-flesh parts it seems :classic: 

4 minutes ago, Falconfan1414 said:

I love the buildable figures. Options are endless with the new bigger style 

Agreed. If these do well, and I‘m sure they will, there‘s no way they won‘t expand this to other themes :wub_drool:

They're certainly well done there's no doubt about that, but a) I don't really want to spend the money on these and b) it just feels weird without Ron.

Hermione's fringe is a bit severe, otherwise they look cool. Huge clothe piece on Harry though.