Captain Nemo

Harry Potter 2021 - Rumors & Discussion

5 minutes ago, Roebuck said:

That would make sense, Luna makes no sense to me even if several people say it is her.. She has freckles, none of the Luna figs have that right? She looks like Penelope to me:wink:

I am almost sure that is Luna. I tried my best to zoom it properly and I'm 99% sure it says Luna Lovegood

6 minutes ago, Roebuck said:

That would make sense, Luna makes no sense to me even if several people say it is her.. She has freckles, none of the Luna figs have that right? She looks like Penelope to me:wink:

It's very difficult to read the minifigure names on the box art, but it looks like it does say Luna's name on there.  So yeah, just a weird choice probably just so they could include a more noteworthy Ravenclaw student, similar to the Hogwarts Moments sets including younger versions of Cho and Cedric to represent their respective houses, despite them not being in the earlier movies that those sets were otherwise based on.

Edited by spiderfan2000

1 minute ago, Lego-Freak said:

Hehe, I knew people would change their minds a bit once official pictures got revealed, because that’s how it always played out in the past :laugh:

It was always obvious that the interior could redeem the CoS set, which it ended up doing. The exterior still looks awful. 

The only issue I have with Luna being in this set is the face print. Characters sharing the same face prints within a theme is annoying enough (*cough* Marvel *cough*), but in the same set?! That’s just silly :grin:

I also noticed that in connection of every set there is missing some parts of set with Fluffy. Maybe I am looking wrong or if we want to connect sets we will have to remove those rocks?

Edited by fanoflego2409

7 minutes ago, spiderfan2000 said:

It's very difficult to read the minifigure names on the box art, but it looks like it does say Luna's name on there.  So yeah, just a weird choice probably just so they could include a more noteworthy Ravenclaw student, similar to the Hogwarts Moments sets including younger versions of Cho and Cedric to represent their respective houses, despite them not being in the earlier movies that those sets were otherwise based on.

You’re right .. it does say Luna .. zooming right in it’s only a small 4 character first name .. and Penelope would look much longer ,, so I think as you say it’s confirmed that it’ll be Luna 

12 minutes ago, Lego-Freak said:

Hehe, I knew people would change their minds a bit once official pictures got revealed, because that’s how it always played out in the past :laugh:

I am looking forward to this happening to the August wave as well :tongue:

12 minutes ago, spiderfan2000 said:

So yeah, just a weird choice probably just so they could include a more noteworthy Ravenclaw student,

Or maybe they did not want to "waste" another new character in this set and we have not even got Percy yet :wacko: Perhaps she is included with him in a future set, however unsure what kind of set that would be, the next COS set :tongue:

Okay so I have finally decided that I am buying that COS set but I will swap Great Hall for 2018 which is better from outside and also it has better interior.

1 minute ago, Roebuck said:

I am looking forward to this happening to the August wave as well :tongue:

I meant after preliminary pictures got out :tongue: People always complain how terrible they look, only to be pleasantly surprised by the finalised pictures :classic: 

The facade... Doesn't bother me as much as I thought it would? It might just be nostalgia seeing those sand green roofs again but I actually kind of like it? Using the movies as an analogy for tone, it feels very much like a younger sibling to the 2018-2020 design like PS/CoS does to the rest of the series. Past trends aren't always indicative of the future ofc but there was a three year interval between the Hogwarts ("full" castle) sets from '01 to '10 and... I can see it as an anniversary wave but I can also see it as them shifting directions completely. Time will tell.

I like the CoS is what I'm saying. :laugh:

I must confess what is sure to be an unorthodox, if not unpopular, opinion though: ... I don't really get the hype around Hogsmeade. It's gorgeous, well made (really don't understand the need for both Mr. and Mrs. Flume though), but it's always been the set I'm most likely to skip this wave. But that's just me. :blush:

3 minutes ago, Metanoios91 said:

The candle holder in Lockhart's classroom is a completely new mould

Huh, you’re right, haven’t even noticed that one :thumbup: Isn’t there a new Beast‘s Castle on the way for the Disney theme? Maybe it was initially developped for Lumière and the HP design team caught wind of it and yoinked it for themselves :laugh_hard:

6 minutes ago, Lego-Freak said:

I meant after preliminary pictures got out :tongue: People always complain how terrible they look, only to be pleasantly surprised by the finalised pictures :classic: 

Yes I know, but for the August wave we only have vague rumours so I am sure opinions will change even more there :devil: 

The tower roof section of the fluffy set could be an easter egg for the potion challenge (which appears only in the book)

Edited by Metanoios91

Could anybody make a meme how everybody on Eurobricks is turning 180 degrees after seeing the final pictures lol. As I told in the beginning, these sets are awesome and they still look great.

15 minutes ago, ???theriddler??? said:

Could anybody make a meme how everybody on Eurobricks is turning 180 degrees after seeing the final pictures lol. As I told in the beginning, these sets are awesome and they still look great.

I am not, I still dont like outside build of those Hogwarts sets lol, but the interior and minifigs just make up for that :D

Great Hall is still going for parts and the rest will be upgraded with grey roof parts.

Edited by Textorix

I’m a bit confused now ... so the Great Hall should be a replacement of 2018 or it should be a special set for 20th years anniversary.

Because it seem to have a little different approach it terms of design. (Using green roof and focus more as playable set.)

still don’t know how it’s going to be fit with previous Hogwast Set like Clock Tower, Astronomy Tower, etc

or they going to be redesigned everything again (after 2 years?)

But I really love the idea of underground CoS.

Wish they they just released a bigger underground CoS to connect with existing 2018 Great Hall

and other underground set to connect all existing set. 

The front basin in the 76386 Hogwarts Polyjuice Potion Mistake set has hinges on top of the mirror build and can therefore swing away to "open" the entrance to the chamber

1 minute ago, Bluetus said:

still don’t know how it’s going to be fit with previous Hogwast Set like Clock Tower, Astronomy Tower, etc

or they going to be redesigned everything again (after 2 years?)

These sets were never supposed to connect with 2018-2020 ones but you can still try it but it might look ugly.

2 minutes ago, Textorix said:

I am not, I still dont like outside build of those Hogwarts sets lol, but the interior and minifigs just make up for that :D

I have to agree with that. People are acting like everyone is completely changing their opinion while that's really not the case, it's just that we've already seen (and heavily complained about) the exterior of the sets and we're just now seeing the interiors and finalised figures. People aren't going to focus a lot of their current thoughts on something we've been discussing for 2 months when there's a lot of new stuff to be seen.

Guys, they also say that collectible cards will be random. Does that mean that buying entire wave wont secure you all of them? I dont want to chase them on Ebay/BL for crazy prices...

Is this the first time they used same face for two different characters in one set? Look at Ginny and that Ravenclaw student...

Edited by Textorix

4 minutes ago, Textorix said:

Guys, they also say that collectible cards will be random. Does that mean that buying entire wave wont secure you all of them? I dont want to chase them on Ebay/BL for crazy prices...

Depends on whether they‘ll be spread across ALL of the upcoming sets or just the initial four :classic: So in your case, you‘ll have to either get lucky, chase after them on BL, or bite the bullet and buy at least some of your dreaded August sets :devil: