Captain Nemo

Harry Potter 2021 - Rumors & Discussion

Sets are amazingly made. I love the og vibe from those sets, I like how Hogwarts Castle is similar to 4709 Hogwarts (maybe it's only my opinion). Hogsmeade is surely one of the best sets of Harry Potter license.

Tbh I am also pretty interested in those cards. Are they going to be randomly put in the boxes? Or maybe they will be selected for each set? I'm so pumped for the official photos :D 

3 minutes ago, fanoflego2409 said:

Tbh I am also pretty interested in those cards. Are they going to be randomly put in the boxes? 

Yes, they’re going to be randomised :classic: Can’t wait to see who they selected!

2 minutes ago, Lego-Freak said:

Yes, they’re going to be randomised :classic: Can’t wait to see who they selected!

I hope the choices will be logical like Dumbledore, Grindelwald, the 4 Hogwarts founders and so on. Making cards for the trio (to use as an example) would render those cards instantly useless. 

Edited by Guyon2002

You can dislike the outside, but the inside of the sets is great as far as I'm concerned. :excited:
Still as detailed as in previous years.
Positively surprised after seeing these images!

Random thoughts:

It looks like the Technic pin system used to connect the new sets uses the same positioning as the 2018-2020 sets, so they should be easy enough to integrate with the previous sets. 

I think the new Great Hall/Chamber of Secrets will be a worthy enough successor to the 2018 version, even if that version has a better looking exterior.  The interior of this new one is fantastic, and demonstrates great attention to detail on the part of the designers.  I still hope the buildable Fawkes set includes a minifigure scale Fawkes in a flying position, as that would definitely add a bit to the Chamber of Secrets.

Luna's a strange inclusion, but now we have house robes for all four houses.  The accessory pack could be robed students just as plausibly as it could be Quidditch players, as no new torso printings would be needed either way. 

The Bathroom being positioned directly over the slide to the Chamber of Secrets makes me think the sink area will open up. 

I'm not sure if Dumbledore is meant to be in the same outfit represented in CMF Series 2 or not, but the lighter color scheme is a fun throwback either way, plus the hairpiece in white is very welcome.

Now that Devil's Snare is confirmed for the Forbidden Corridor, I wonder if we'll get the Chamber of Winged Keys and the Stone Chamber in the future to complete the setup.

The minifigure selection is pretty great.  I'm very happy they seem to be making robes the new default, as the jumpers were getting a bit old.  With Harry having an open robe in the Chamber of Secrets and closed robes in the Forbidden Corridor, and Hogsmeade Harry having the 2019 torso but with black legs instead of dark gray, there are technically no entirely repeated figures in the sets as far as I can tell.  I'm pleasantly surprised they found a clever way to make Nick different from the 2018 version, when they could have easily gotten away with reusing that figure.  Raises a lot of questions for the future.  If they make other house ghosts, would they be glow-in-the-dark too?  Will they include a glow-in-the-dark version of Myrtle in a set someday?

I wonder which characters will be represented in the Wizarding Cards.  Dumbledore seems obvious, plus his card was a major plot point.  The four founders would be great.  Maybe Newt Scamander too.  I believe it was confirmed that the main trio got their own cards at some point, so their inclusion wouldn't be too out of place.

Edited by spiderfan2000

2 minutes ago, Guyon2002 said:

I hope the choices will be logical like Dumbledore, Grindelwald, the 4 Hogwarts founders and so on. Making cards for the trio (to use as an example) would render those cards instantly useless. 

Well, the trio would be canon at least :laugh: Of course they wouldn’t make sense in the context of these sets, but neither do the golden minifigs if taken as a literal part of the set :tongue:

24 minutes ago, Legofania said:

So, these are mine highlights:

• New Ron face
  • New Dumbledore
  • New Huffelpuff torso
  • New, unecpected, Ravenclaw torso
  • New Gryffindor torso
  • Pixie

That is not Ron in the CoS set. It is Colin Creevey

Guessing the 16 cards will be like guessing the CMF spots lol. 

I reckon 4 founders, Dumbledore, Voldemort, Grindelwald, Newt Scamander, Nicolas Flamel and (baby) Harry Potter will be amongst them. 

Edited by Seaber

The castle set does feel like a throwback and that’s nice. I’m a huge fan of the interior aesthetic and the colors. Also, love that hiding place for the sorting hat! 
Sinistra, Dumbledore and Lockhart are amazing. 

The 2018 Great Hall is superior in terms of the great hall, but the biggest reason I didn’t get it was the lack of rocks around it, and space underneath. Now I can get those things, so I really like the new set. 

The Fluffy sets uses recoloured vine pieces for the Devil Snare. I hope they are either dark green or the (not bright) green and appear eventually on Bricks and Pieces because they would be another great vegetation piece

5 minutes ago, spiderfan2000 said:

If they make other house ghosts, would they be glow-in-the-dark too?  Will they include a glow-in-the-dark version of Myrtle in a set someday?

While the GITD Nick is nice it personally doesn't really do anything for me so I would prefer future ghosts to stay consistent with 2018 Nick and Myrtle.

Annoying that we've only got the small pictures of the other 2 sets. Although the combination shot seems to reveal their detail quite well

What's to bet that the Lockheart Classroom is only in the botttom layer until more sets come out?
I'm taking that placement as proof that this is the new Hogwarts combination model

9 minutes ago, Metanoios91 said:

That is not Ron in the CoS set. It is Colin Creevey

Yes, I figured it out already. That's even better

1 hour ago, Lego-Freak said:

There‘s only one thing I dislike: the chocoloate frog card tiles are randomised :hmpf_bad: It‘s Vidiyo all over again! Hopefully they won‘t be too hard to collect

Well they are randomised in the books/films also, and I guess BL can help if we are missing some. I think it is great idea and hope we will see more of them in future sets :sweet: Actually I think Lego with 16 have already made more than it is possible to buy in the real world :wacko:

1 hour ago, Seaber said:

Wait, there is a blonde girl with Ravenclaw robes in the CoS set. Did we know about her before? Could she be Penelope Clearwater?

That would make sense, Luna makes no sense to me even if several people say it is her.. She has freckles, none of the Luna figs have that right? She looks like Penelope to me:wink:

40 minutes ago, Guyon2002 said:

On the topic of the Chocolate Frog cards: I love that they're actual printed tiles unlike the previously assumed pieces of cardboard. I hope they pick actual people who had Chocolate Frog Cards in canon like Dumbledore, Grindelwald and so on and don't just casually slap characters like the trio on them. 

Did not the trio end up on chocolate cards anyway (of course many years later)?

I think the 2 sets we see properly look great with a lot of nice details and new characters.
Ideally they should have included Fawkes, but we got him in the CMF so do not mind much, I am so happy we got a new barn owl instead :wub:
The basilisk look great, but I wonder if it would not look even better with more "snake-parts" instead of the middle body-part, of course it could not lift its head that easily, however I might buy some extra to see..

Hogsmeade should have included a owl or two and where are the chocolate frogs in the sets *huh* other than that it looks nice :thumbup:

And I thought this was going to be a cheap year... Still prefer the 18-20 architecture but these are so much better than expected. Hogsmede is still my favourite by far, thought. 

I won't pretend that I understand how the relationship between retailers and Lego works, but if Amazon's Spanish branch has officially released complete set images for two and snippets of another two does that mean Lego won't be too far behind?

Also I think all the builds and figures look great, although Colin Creevey is okay. I think using the same hair as Ron throws me off a bit as he looks like a clone. 

Edited by Ringwraith

1 minute ago, Roebuck said:

That would make sense, Luna makes no sense to me even if several people say it is her.. She has freckles, none of the Luna figs have that right? She looks like Penelope to me:wink:

I thought it was Penelope as well but wouldn’t make sense for her to have short legs? Also stonewars said it is Luna. 

1 minute ago, Roebuck said:

Did not the trio end up on chocolate cards anyway (of course many years later)?

Sure but that wouldn't make any sense within the context of these sets (or future sets for that matter) so I would much rather just not get them at all.

4 minutes ago, Roebuck said:

Penelope was in her 6th year in CoS, it wouldn't make any sense to give her small legs if that was her. 

Hehe, I knew people would change their minds a bit once official pictures got revealed, because that’s how it always played out in the past :laugh: