Captain Nemo

Harry Potter 2021 - Rumors & Discussion

11 minutes ago, Lego-Freak said:

Every set is brickbuilt :tongue: But I know what you mean, non-minifig-scale stuff. I don‘t fault the designers for thinking outside of the box, but why OH WHY couldn‘t they release Gringotts and DH sets first, like any rational-thinking human would have? :grin:

I mean, which plan makes more sense on paper?

• A: focus on 2 movies each year and complement the DH wave with an anniversary one, do something new after all 8 films are done
  • B: abandon the plan after 3 years and do whatever

Yeah we know what "brickbuilt" set means in this forum :grin: I wouldnt be mad if they included one or two sets like this (in middle price range) and rest would be just regular playsets but having entire wave filled with non minifigure scale sets and making D2C set collection of buildable whatever is just worst decision for this theme they could make.

Edited by Textorix

21 minutes ago, Lego-Freak said:

Does that mean it‘s a „normal“ flying lesson set after all? :laugh:

Oh great that would mean I would buy one of these august wave sets, cheapest one. If its indeed flying lesson set, then it very likely that it will release in june as other anniversary sets

23 minutes ago, Lego-Freak said:

• A: focus on 2 movies each year and complement the DH wave with an anniversary one, do something new after all 8 films are done

The thing is that they didnt even properly focused on Order of Phoenix. We got only two small sets, but there was more potential ideas like Grimmauld Place which would be perfect for $100 set or final battle in Ministry of Magic. From previous movies they missed very iconic Shrieking Shack and 2nd task. Even if they woudnt go straight for DH set this year there were so many things from other movies which would have been 100 times more loved by people than what we are getting now.

Edited by Textorix

19 minutes ago, Textorix said:

Well august wave is just terrible, period.

Yes, for what we know I won't appreciate nore buy any of the August sets, but still I liked Hogwarts Moments in January and I rate June sets good (nothing really exciting and nothing I expected, but average quality sets).

5 minutes ago, Lego-Freak said:

I mean, which plan makes more sense on paper?

I suppose Lego took the excuse of an anniversary to try doing something different, hitting different target buyers, extend Harry Potter license exploitation and see reactions (sold sets and revenue). Obviously they think is a bet they will win.

Every person who is disappointed by this year sets will certainly buy Gringott even if it will come in 2022, won't he?

30 minutes ago, Textorix said:

Well august wave is just terrible, period.

Have you seen them?! For collectors of only system-scale sets they may be of little interest, but I am pretty sure they are not terrible, more likely great for what they are :shrug_oh_well:

Now that Marcos Bessa is a full time designer again, hopefully he is busy designing the next DA expansion set :wink:

6 minutes ago, Roebuck said:

Have you seen them?! For collectors of only system-scale sets they may be of little interest, but I am pretty sure they are not terrible, more likely great for what they are :shrug_oh_well:

Now that Marcos Bessa is a full time designer again, hopefully he is busy designing the next DA expansion set :wink:

I dont like non minifigure-scale sets with exception of buildings (like Hogwarts castle) or Star Wars ships so for me that wave is terrible no matter how the final product will look like. I am sure some people will like it but for me its a big no. Yeah I hope Marcos is one of those in Lego HP team who wasnt for this experimental stuff and we return back to normal next year.

Edited by Textorix

I am still on the fence about  all of this brickbuilt sets/rumors... I think if it was a large scale size Harry's trunk with various artifacts it could look very cool as a display piece.  I LOVE that Lego is trying to stay relevant and keep trying new ways to use what is ultimately a very simple toy.  I just hope that as they try new things, they are very nimble and flexible with making decisions about what works and what doesnt.  I have pretty much every set since the 2010 wave and have not really disliked any of the sets from the 2018 wave forward but did skip thre brickheads and the art sets as they are just not my thing... I think the anniversary year is a great way to test out a lot of new styles and builds since it can easily be written off as done for a purpose and then not duplicated if indeed it is not well received.  I am definitely looking forward to the anniversary sets and gold figures even if it would require some adjustments and mmodifications. I sort of feel like that is the whole point of Lego... they give us a starting point and allow us to make it exactly as we want which is amazing if you actually stop to think about it!

As far as the HP theme being compared to SW or Marvel / DC sets, we get a lot less HP comparatively and frankly I am glad for it... The buildable helmets are fine for SW or Super heroes but would translate horribly to HP and those Avengers mech set things are just horrible.  I really like the minifig scale builds and can appreciate the hedwig style sets as standalone display pieces.  I also think the theme has much more ability to stay fresh as an evergreen theme... So many sets left to be built:  MoM, Grimmald Place, other side of DA + Leaky Cauldron & Gringotts, Knockturn Alley, more Hogsmeade, Shrieking Shack, Wedding tent, anything Hogwarts DH related (bridge ,courtyard, etc) GoF sets (Ship, Lake Tasks etc). Also could sprinkle in buildable obects such as: Horcruxes, Remeberall, broom, howler, wands, the radio used in DH for DA's army to broadcast (more prevalent in the books), snitch, time turner, etc.  All of these spread out over a 5 or 6 year period mixed with another CMF set would be great and FAR FAR better than another grey spaceship or cheezy version of a bad a** super hero.  

Just my $0.02 on a rainy day in Western New York.  Have a great day!

3 minutes ago, Falconfan1414 said:

I think there is a difference between bad and not what we were expecting/different

Couldn‘t agree more :classic: To me, a „bad“ set would be either unoriginal, over-priced, badly designed or a combination of the above. It‘s safe to assume that all of these can be ruled out :laugh:

21 minutes ago, Falconfan1414 said:

I think there is a difference between bad and not what we were expecting/different

I expected DH sets but if we got playsets from other movies and maybe one brickbuilt thing I wouldnt call the wave bad. So no, this wave isnt bad for me because I didnt expect it, its bad because I just dont like this kind of sets and the fact that there is nothing in august wave (except potential flying lesson) which I would be excited about makes me sad. Also I didnt say that sets are terrible (how could I if I havent seen them yet) but overall wave is terrible, because of selection. I think its something that Guyon said some time ago that this wave wave being disappointing has nothing to do with quality of sets but just for bad choice of them.

Edited by Textorix

I assume that 76395 is also a June release then, along with the other minifig-scaled sets? That would explain why the Hooch figure has leaked already and why Guirrell is among the six golden minifigs that TLG teased :classic:

4 minutes ago, Lego-Freak said:

I assume that 76395 is also a June release then, along with the other minifig-scaled sets? That would explain why the Hooch figure has leaked already and why Guirrell is among the six golden minifigs that TLG teased :classic:

And it's probably exclusive, too. We still don't know what exactly it is

10 minutes ago, Legofania said:

And it's probably exclusive, too. We still don't know what exactly it is

Good point, just because the whole Remembrall thing turned out to be false or a misunderstanding, it‘s not necessarily a playset. I do think it is though, mainly because of the inclusion of Hooch. If the set really was a buildable Quidditch-related object, wouldn‘t the golden minifig (Guirrell) be enough of an extra? Why a regular minifig on top of that? :laugh:

Besides, there‘s already a $250 D2C filled with objects, so what would be the point of an additional object which probably even isn‘t in the same scale with the others in a puny $30 set? 

I mean it would be hella weird if you had 5 regular sets with golden minfigures releasing in June, and then one set which would be totally different. Save the "different" for August.

I dont know if some of you follow this guy on ig but damn his minifigure designs are pure perfection. This new Lupin warewolf is like a dream of every Lego HP collector. I wish Lego wiould make something like this in the future.

l9ezaFX.jpg

7 minutes ago, living_off_lego said:

this wave is going to turn out disappointing for a lot of people who were expecting deathly hallows sets 

I feel like the most of the people outside of this small community still expect DH sets, so imagine their disappointment once they see official reveal.

Edited by Textorix

This is somewhat random, but it's funny to me that $40 Hedwig gave us a more exclusive Harry variant than $400 Diagon Alley (since both Harrys in that set are being re-used this year) :roflmao:

1 hour ago, Lego-Freak said:

Good point, just because the whole Remembrall thing turned out to be false or a misunderstanding, it‘s not necessarily a playset. I do think it is though, mainly because of the inclusion of Hooch. If the set really was a buildable Quidditch-related object, wouldn‘t the golden minifig (Guirrell) be enough of an extra? Why a regular minifig on top of that? :laugh:

Besides, there‘s already a $250 D2C filled with objects, so what would be the point of an additional object which probably even isn‘t in the same scale with the others in a puny $30 set? 

I also wonder if every brickbuilt set will have not only golden figures

17 minutes ago, YetiZombie said:

since both Harrys in that set are being re-used this year

Actually Harry in the new wave will have a bit different torso. Under his robe jumper will be seen, while in DA set robe is fully closed. Not really big difference though

looking at the summer wave overall and comparing the mini-figures that come in them and the minifigs in Diagon alley, the only Minifigures that would be worth buying it for after the June and august waves are Fred, George, and oliveanders. as for the Minifigures that are exclusive but come in cheaper setsyes lock heart is still exclusive but you could get him in a cheaper set, molly comes in the burrow, the first trip to Diagon alley Harry is rumored to be coming in the advent calendar and Lucius is in a book {i think}, oh and the quidditch robes are coming in a rumored blister pack)

overall Diagon alley has pretty much lost its worth in terms of Minifigures (quote me if I got something wrong)most people bought it thinking that most minifigs will stay exclusive 

note: I didn't count exclusive Hogwarts robes, they are all pretty similar

56 minutes ago, YetiZombie said:

both Harrys in that set are being re-used this year

In which set does THAT robe version come?  

6 minutes ago, Balrogofmorgoth said:

Lockhart, Justin, Dumbledore

This plus Colin Creevy and you got my list