Captain Nemo

Harry Potter 2021 - Rumors & Discussion

9 hours ago, Falconfan1414 said:

:hmpf: god this guy. Considering he attempted to hack my account for a “publicity stunt” and still is. I don’t know why people would trust him...

Well he did leak a Harry Potter set after all.

I wouldn't trust him with information for the D2C, but he obviously has (or had just to one) access to some information or images.

7 hours ago, sebastian666 said:

I’m still not convinced. “Hogwarts Icons” sounds like the perfect name for the set of brick built Harry and Hermione figures. Harry and Hermione are literally Hogwarts Icons. The term Icons usually refers to people (e.g., Hollywood Icons, Sports Icons, etc). “Hogwarts Icons Collection” could also imply that there will be more iconic characters added to this new line in years to come. I am still holding out hope that the $250 D2C will not be a random assortment of brick built knick knacks from Dumbledore’s office: the sword of Gryffindor, a snitch, and (🤢) the sorting hat 💩. @Guyon2002 have you or anyone you know actually seen the D2C yet? Or is the name all you can confirm? Because there has already been some confusion over which set is the D2C - originally the leaks were that it was the chess set. Perhaps this could just be a similar situation?

They said a few pages ago that they have a list. If they had a picture of both the chess set and the real D2C, the mistake with the 250 $ chess set would have never happened, because noone would pay 250 $ for that amount of pieces. Theoretically both sets are D2C and it is harder to get pictures for them because they have to come from Lego themselves or that one exclusive retailer (in the case of the chess set). The fact that the supposed "hacker" had them, makes him more believable than those that read of a list. 

I had a similar thought regarding the Harry and Hermione figure set. TLG would not just call that set "Harry and Hermione". If the 120 $ Harry and Hermione set does well, the plan could be to release more sets under the "Hogwarts Icons Collection" title as a subtheme name with further releases for Ron, Dumbledore, Hagrid or other characters in a similar scale

On 4/10/2021 at 10:51 AM, chris6507 said:

Past chess sets have had a LOT of useful and cool minifigures though. They looked cool because it was something different and the minifigures were useful elsewhere. Ive loved LEGO chess sets in the past, but not so much this one. I guess for some (myself included) it just looks like any regular old chess set with no other enticing point to it, so no point getting if you already own more exciting chess sets. Super happy for those who love it and you are right it does fit the scene well. I guess its just a nice easy pass for some people. And thats great too! 😁

Yeah you're right. been trying to get my hands on the pirate chess set for example. The caribbean scenery is so well made

I doubt anyone in their right mind would call a set with buildable figures of Harry and Hermione “Hogwarts Icons Collection” :tongue: The way I see it, there are two options: 

1. The set is what it says on the tin, a collection of iconic objects related to Hogwarts
  2. It does refer to the figures instead, but that would only make sense as a label, not a set name (in essence, the HP equivalent to “ultimate collector series”)

A label being confused with a set name makes little sense to me and I trust our informants, so I’ll go with option 1 :classic:

Maybe it is buildable chocolatefrog cards; Harry and Hermiones chocolatefrog cards :tongue:

7 minutes ago, Lego-Freak said:

I doubt anyone in their right mind would call a set with buildable figures of Harry and Hermione “Hogwarts Icons Collection” :tongue: The way I see it, there are two options: 

1. The set is what it says on the tin, a collection of iconic objects related to Hogwarts
  2. It does refer to the figures instead, but that would only make sense as a label, not a set name (in essence, the HP equivalent to “ultimate collector series”)

A label being confused with a set name makes little sense to me and I trust our informants, so I’ll go with option 1 :classic:

Take into account the latest naming conventions in the HP series:

Official title of the January classroom books 

76382: Hogwarts Moment: Transfiguration Class

76384: Hogwarts Moment: Herbology Class

Now lets say the title of the Harry and Hermione set is "76393 Hogwarts Icon Collection: Harry Potter and Hermione Granger". You see how my post with the subtheme name makes sense now and the term "collection" in the title indicates that it there is possibly more than one to collect in the future

Furthermore the word "icon" derives from early christian iconography of Jesus Christ but is nowadays used in the context of brands. There are sports icons (e.g. Ronaldo, Messi) and fashion icons (various models). The word icon in its definition refers to well known persons much less objects. "Hogwarts Icons" would therefore (if they used the word correctly) refer to famous persons in Hogwarts. If it were your point 1. and it were objects, then it would have to be famous objects. The 4 founding members and their trinkets (sword, locket, cup and diadem) could be considered iconographic objects in addition to the sorting hat, but a regular cauldron or a school book are not "iconic" objects.

3 minutes ago, Metanoios91 said:

Now lets say the title of the Harry and Hermione set is "76393 Hogwarts Icon Collection: Harry Potter and Hermione Granger". You see how my post with the subtheme name makes sense now and the term "collection" in the title indicates that it there is possibly more than one to collect in the future

Fair point :classic: This has a pretty horrifying implication though: more $120 spots going to buildable figures in future waves :sick:

57 minutes ago, Lego-Freak said:

Fair point :classic: This has a pretty horrifying implication though: more $120 spots going to buildable figures in future waves :sick:

By the way, stonewars have slightly edited the D2C description (propably as a result of our discussion here):

"Das LEGO Harry Potter 76391 D2C Set ist das Set, das bis vor kurzem fälschlicherweise von vielen für das Schachspiel gehalten wurde und 249,99 US-Dollar kosten soll. Tatsächlich soll es sich dabei aber um ein anderes D2C Set handeln.

Was es nun genau wird, ist leider noch nicht öffentlich bekannt, allerdings hörten wir zumindest, dass es etwas völlig anderes werden soll, als viele Fans erwarten. Es ist also leider vermutlich nicht mit einer Erweiterung für Schloss Hogwarts oder der Bank Gringotts für die Winkelgasse zu rechnen. Stattdessen hält sich aktuell das Gerücht, es könnte sich um verschiedene baubare Objekte handeln… Ob das wirklich glaubwürdig ist, können wir derzeit nicht bestätigen.

Sobald wir hier konkretere Details für euch haben, stellen wir euch das LEGO Harry Potter 76391 D2C Set nochmal im Detail vor!" https://www.stonewars.de/geruechte/lego-harry-potter-2021-neuheiten-2-halbjahr/

In the first paragraph they are reiterating the chess set mixup and then go on to transcribe Guyons and Falconfans comments (the lower your expectations and different from what we expect kind of comments) leading up to the rumour about the buildable objects.

Then the important sentence "If this is really believable, we can currently not confirm." ("Ob das wirklich glaubwürdig ist, können wir derzeit nicht bestätigen."). In other words they have clarified that they can not verify the rumour of the buildable objects and that they are just reporting on the rumour (which has originated most likely on this forum). So we are trapped in a loop where the rumour's believability is self-sustaining :laugh:

Edited by Metanoios91

1 hour ago, Metanoios91 said:

Furthermore the word "icon" derives from early christian iconography of Jesus Christ but is nowadays used in the context of brands. There are sports icons (e.g. Ronaldo, Messi) and fashion icons (various models). The word icon in its definition refers to well known persons much less objects. "Hogwarts Icons" would therefore (if they used the word correctly) refer to famous persons in Hogwarts. If it were your point 1. and it were objects, then it would have to be famous objects. The 4 founding members and their trinkets (sword, locket, cup and diadem) could be considered iconographic objects in addition to the sorting hat, but a regular cauldron or a school book are not "iconic" objects.

Good points. I hope you’re wrong, but I suspect you aren’t

I wonder if the buildable objects might be the four mascots for the different houses? Or maybe four shields or something. 

55 minutes ago, Tariq j said:

I wonder if the buildable objects might be the four mascots for the different houses? Or maybe four shields or something. 

But we've already had the House Crests this year as art sets... That seems a bit much.  :shrug_confused:

I wonder how they're selling. 

Maybe by icons they mean the statues at Hogwarts (like the architect) and the moving painting lady (Dawn French). 

So Icons are buildable objects. Wow, such a great leak I never heard of buildable objects from LEGO, sounds like something unique. I heard the set also has the letters H A R Y P O T E on the box. 

People post rumors in here, StoneWars copies the rumors and those rumors are again added here. :pir_laugh2:

Edited by BrickJohn

Actually name of the set helped us a bit. Like, now we know that it's Hogwarts related objects and I'm pretty sure they're pretty important. Like Hogwarts Founders's artefacts (sword, locket, cup and diadem) and maybe Elder Wand and Resurrection stone

3 hours ago, Metanoios91 said:

THIS. Exactly the point I was trying to make but you’ve articulated it much better. Thanks @Metanoios91

2 minutes ago, Falconfan1414 said:

You might be surprised what lego considers iconic 

Perhaps the school supplies idea wasn’t that outlandish after all :shrug_oh_well:

8 minutes ago, Falconfan1414 said:

Gringotts bank is very iconic but I guess not for Lego :laugh: 

Edited by Textorix

25 minutes ago, Falconfan1414 said:

With no doubts we can say that "Lego give us surprising sets this year, terrible yes but surprising" (cit. Garrick Ollivander, more or less) :iamded_lol:

Just a joke. I don't think this year sets are so terrible.

3 minutes ago, BrickMatit said:

Agreed, they’re far from terrible. They’re simply not what we wanted :shrug_oh_well:

3 minutes ago, BrickMatit said:

Well august wave is just terrible, period. Chess set is supposed to release in june so in august we are left only with brickbuild garbage...

14 minutes ago, Textorix said:

Well august wave is just terrible, period. Chess set is supposed to release in june so in august we are left only with brickbuild garbage...

Every set is brickbuilt :tongue: But I know what you mean, non-minifig-scale stuff. I don‘t fault the designers for thinking outside of the box, but why OH WHY couldn‘t they release Gringotts and DH sets first, like any rational-thinking human would have? :grin:

I mean, which plan makes more sense on paper?

• A: focus on 2 movies each year and complement the DH wave with an anniversary one, do something new after all 8 films are done
  • B: abandon the plan after 3 years and do whatever
Edited by Lego-Freak

3 minutes ago, Falconfan1414 said:

I will scratch the part about the remerberall build 

So it is a minifig flying lesson?

4 minutes ago, Falconfan1414 said:

I will scratch the part about the remerberall build 

Does that mean it‘s a „normal“ flying lesson set after all? :laugh: