Captain Nemo

Harry Potter 2021 - Rumors & Discussion

I'm very curious to see what upgrades they make from the prelims to final.  Hogsmeade does look a touch pedestrian atm.

1 hour ago, Textorix said:

Yeah I dont think collection of buildable objects romour is true even though Falconfan and orhers have shared it. It just seems very dumb to go from huge Hogwarts castle and georgeous Diagon Alley to something as boring as buildable items

I agree. I was hoping that D2C set would be Gringotts Bank instead of lame buildable items. I guess we will have for another year or two. 

1 hour ago, Lego-Freak said:

It's rumoured to be a collection of buildable objects, but we don't know for sure yet :shrug_oh_well:

Ok, thanks!! :)

46 minutes ago, Falconfan1414 said:

Objects called icons

Brickbuilt iconic objects? 

A lot of people been messaging me today saying they believe the brick built objects rumour is fake. Remember it's still a rumour and just like with the chess set changing from the D2C set to a $70 set things can change. The buildable objects is probably the D2C but of course everything is still a rumour but it is very likely that it will be the D2C.

8 hours ago, Textorix said:

Perfect in a way of saving money but it doesnt satisfy my high expectations for this year. Its bittersweet feeling when you are happy to save so much money but at the same time there is nothing for you to buy from new august sets. I wish there were more sets like Hogsmeade, meaning locations which we havent got as a set yet with a build quality and movie accuracy matching 2018-2020 sets.

i get what youre saying but not having to buy the d2c and the fawkes is a huge relief. I just hope that they will do the DH sets and then be done with the theme so I can have a full set and dont have to spend money on pointless rereleases

Real or fake, D2C or not, I don’t care about buildable iconic object. If I don’t want/like it, I would not buy it, period.

like @Brick Clicker said, it’s sitll a rumor, which it means we still don’t know anything about this buildable iconic object at the moment. 

Brickbuilt objects might not automatically equal a bad set I think. I assume they have come up with something cooler than a wooden stick (wand). What if it was a large marauder’s map for example? $250 means a lot of pieces after all, especially if there aren’t any minifigs

legochugjug commented my post with rumor from stonewars as "X" emoji. Not sure if we can trust him but there's a chance. since obviously he has access to basic sets

:hmpf: god this guy. Considering he attempted to hack my account for a “publicity stunt” and still is. I don’t know why people would trust him...

Edited by Falconfan1414

If the rumor was fake we wouldn't have a name for the set: Hogwarts Icons Collection. Putting trust in a wannabe hacker is questionable to begin with.

17 minutes ago, Guyon2002 said:

If the rumor was fake we wouldn't have a name for the set: Hogwarts Icons Collection. Putting trust in a wannabe hacker is questionable to begin with.

Who is this hacker? 

If there is a buildable philosophers stone in trans red, a golden snitch build in pearl gold, well... That'd just be cool! 

Ok so what do we think the most iconic objects in Harry Potter are? 
I would say:

-the golden snitch 

-the sword of griffindor 

- the deathly hallows symbol (maybe as a necklace?) 

There’s also broomsticks, wand and the sorting hat but those are all very brown and might not be as instantly attractive / recognisable. 

Also it would be really cool if these ‘Icons’ were in scale with the brick-built Fawkes and Hedwig but I doubt that will happen as that would make a snitch build too small and the sword and broomstick models far too big 

Hi everyone! I've been lurking on Eurobricks for like 10 years now- since the end of the last LEGO HP era. Finally decided to make an account. This new era has been absolutely incredible, and I'm probably in the minority saying I'm so excited for these anniversary sets. The first few waves had amazing exteriors, but we're definitely lacking some fully fleshed out interiors, and this Chamber of Secrets set has incredible potential.

Been a (near) completionist since the very first wave, so the nostalgia factor definitely affects me. I will say though, we better get some Deathly Hallows sets in the 2018-2020 Hogwarts aesthetic next year!

IMO, the only rationalization for a $250 "buildable object" set would be a life size Nimbus 2000 (but that might require more than $250 worth of pieces), or at least 10-20 wands of the major characters. But I'm thinking broomstick. 

Anyways, mega thanks to all of you for providing such great content over the many many dry years. And an even bigger thanks to the recent leakers. I'm sure there are many more like me that have never said anything, but are so grateful!

42 minutes ago, Darth Shadowthrone said:

Ok so what do we think the most iconic objects in Harry Potter are? 

Well, thinking about Hogwarts Icons (if there's a connection between the name Guyon reported "Hogwarts Icons Collection" and what the set will contain), I would say something Houses related. Brickbuilt Four House animals?

Thinking about Harry Potter in general, I would add to your list Horcruxes, maybe the 3 connected to Hogwarts Houses (locket,diadem,cup) plus Gryffindor sword).

SO its not an addon to   Harry/Hermione set?   buildable icon characters? 

Some more potential iconic objects: 

- the marauder’s map

- a time turner

- the goblet of fire

- tom riddle’s diary

- chocolate frogs/every-flavor beans

2 hours ago, Guyon2002 said:

If the rumor was fake we wouldn't have a name for the set: Hogwarts Icons Collection.

I’m still not convinced. “Hogwarts Icons” sounds like the perfect name for the set of brick built Harry and Hermione figures. Harry and Hermione are literally Hogwarts Icons. The term Icons usually refers to people (e.g., Hollywood Icons, Sports Icons, etc). “Hogwarts Icons Collection” could also imply that there will be more iconic characters added to this new line in years to come. I am still holding out hope that the $250 D2C will not be a random assortment of brick built knick knacks from Dumbledore’s office: the sword of Gryffindor, a snitch, and (🤢) the sorting hat 💩. @Guyon2002 have you or anyone you know actually seen the D2C yet? Or is the name all you can confirm? Because there has already been some confusion over which set is the D2C - originally the leaks were that it was the chess set. Perhaps this could just be a similar situation?

18 hours ago, Roebuck said:

Talking about non system-scale sets, I have not got the art set since I think the individual ones do not look good enough and it is not so tempting to buy 4, however this ones are excellent:
https://www.brickfanatics.com/rebuild-lego-art-31201-harry-potter-hogwarts-crests-with-alternate-instructions/

Thank you for posting this. Now I’m really considering buying Lego Art set. I love the alternate builds. 

Has anyone seen if someome is making stickers or decals for the minifigs Lego left unfinished? I'm talking about Fluer, Bellatrix & Molly skirts for example.

8 hours ago, Gnukan said:

Brickbuilt objects might not automatically equal a bad set I think. 

For me it doesnt matter what objects will be in that set or how good they will look like. The idea of making brickbuilt objects for $250 equals a bad set for me (or bad decision rather) and I dont think final reveal of the set can change it.

Edited by Textorix

14 minutes ago, Textorix said:

For me it doesnt matter what objects will be in that set or how good they will look like.

I feel the same way, although I did have a thought. The description is really vague, but working with "icons" I could see the D2C being another microscale set. "Objects" could just mean that it's brickbuilt and not in playscale. If that were the case, I could see something like the Hogwarts Express crossing the countryside. I'd say that's not very likely all in all, but I would be more open to that type of option.

8 hours ago, Guyon2002 said:

If the rumor was fake we wouldn't have a name for the set: Hogwarts Icons Collection.

Thanks for revealing the name :thumbup: At first, I thought this would help us narrow down the list of potential items, until I realised that almost every iconic object in this franchise is connected to Hogwarts :laugh_hard:

7 hours ago, evanevanevan said:

Hi everyone! I've been lurking on Eurobricks for like 10 years now- since the end of the last LEGO HP era. Finally decided to make an account. This new era has been absolutely incredible, and I'm probably in the minority saying I'm so excited for these anniversary sets. The first few waves had amazing exteriors, but we're definitely lacking some fully fleshed out interiors, and this Chamber of Secrets set has incredible potential.

Been a (near) completionist since the very first wave, so the nostalgia factor definitely affects me. I will say though, we better get some Deathly Hallows sets in the 2018-2020 Hogwarts aesthetic next year!

IMO, the only rationalization for a $250 "buildable object" set would be a life size Nimbus 2000 (but that might require more than $250 worth of pieces), or at least 10-20 wands of the major characters. But I'm thinking broomstick. 

Anyways, mega thanks to all of you for providing such great content over the many many dry years. And an even bigger thanks to the recent leakers. I'm sure there are many more like me that have never said anything, but are so grateful!

Welcome to the chatting side of the forum! :laugh: