Captain Nemo

Harry Potter 2021 - Rumors & Discussion

19 minutes ago, YetiZombie said:

You never know. If the set is garbage and people only want the figure, it'll drive the demand for that figure much higher than Lockhart from DA. Plus, if it's guaranteed to be exclusive (unlike Lockhart who may come again), the figure will be more desirable.

DA Lockahart will stay exclusive, the one from COS is rumored to have orange robes.

I could see the D2C maybe being a buildable school trunk / chest with a buildable school book, wand, broomstick etc. Cannot see what else it could be. :sceptic: I must say I'm intrigued even if I have no interest in buying it.

I think today marks the end of our hopes for Gringotts this year... I guess there's always next year will give me time to buy Diagon Alley lol :laugh_hard:

2 minutes ago, Brick Clicker said:

I think today marks the end of our hopes for Gringotts this year... I guess there's always next year will give me time to buy Diagon Alley lol :laugh_hard:

Diagon Alley is the jewel in my collection and spans the full length of the top shelf in my wardrobe. Adding a Gringotts would give me display problems because I don't have the length on my shelf, but I still really hope they do and you only have to look at DA and can't help but think that Lego would be mad to not release Gringotts to go with it. And Lego can make some weird decisions at times, but not releasing Gringotts would set a new low I think. I'm hopeful for 2022. :classic:

6 minutes ago, Brick Clicker said:

Well technically we are kinda getting Gringotts this year :shrug_oh_well:

1 hour ago, Textorix said:

DA Lockahart will stay exclusive, the one from COS is rumored to have orange robes.

I think medium nougat is what there making.   Its not correct but it should look right.

I do have to wonder now if the Harry face print in DA with the dirt and broken glasses was intended more for the chess set Harry than DA exactly considering that DA doesn't include Borgin and Burkes, even though I know Hermione fixes Harry's glass on the street in DA. Even if it wasn't, unless they provide another new face print that one would work well for chess set Harry.

So the flying lesson set being a brickbuilt thing is still happening then? Seems incredibly odd that it's getting a golden figure which is advertised alongside the ones from the standard sets. Will the other nonD2C brickbuilt sets be getting golden figures aswell? 

I'm on the fence about more anniversary style castle sets. I think the new interior focused system is a great way to follow the exterior focused 2018 style and delay the inevitable remakes of the exterior focused sets. It allows LEGO to make more Hogwarts sets without having to resort to remakes with the exception of the great hall.

The issue is that the 2018 exterior focused castle with its small but series spanning interiors is that it is, like that line as a whole, unfinished. LEGO has a lot to juggle next year, another/the final 2018-2020 castle chunk, the other delayed DH sets (which would've been hyped enough without us having to wait an extra year), more brickbuilt stuff, FB3 sets, and probably a Hargrid's Hut remake. There isn't much room for more anniversary style sets. While I'm sure many of us would want LEGO to get rid of the brickbuilt stuff  and the FB related stuff would likely be the worst sellers if the 2018 sets are anything to go by, but I have a feeling LEGO will instead completely drop one of the castle styles. If one of them has to go, I'd want them to drop the anniversary style castle. 

HP got three waves and a D2C this year and it's possible that could happen again next year. Ideally we would get a DH wave, D2C Gringotts, a small FB wave ( I wouldn't mind if LEGO didn't bother with a minifigure scale wave and just made a buildable Niffler), and a roundup wave of remakes, anniversary style castle sets, and brickbuilt objects. The Wizard World theme is in an odd place at the moment which will make waiting for news of next years sets even more painful. Is the 2018-2020 castle actually going to be left without the bell towers and remaining dormitories? Will we ever get a DH focused wave? Are the anniversary style castle sets done? Is LEGO going to be this heavy on brickbuilt objects/creatures again? The only thing we can be slightly confident in is getting at least a couple brickbuilt sets (Niffler?) and probably a Hagrid's hut remake. 

21 minutes ago, Guyon2002 said:

Well technically we are kinda getting Gringotts this year :shrug_oh_well:

Haha they are teasing us putting it in the advent lol. Teasing its coming in 2022 to us :laugh:

I don’t understand why everyone is so convinced we’re going to get a Hagrid’s Hut remake. I don’t see that happening anytime soon at all. It was just done in 2019, it doesn’t make sense to remake it. Even if they went with the SS style Hut, it just doesn’t make sense to remake it for a long time

7 hours ago, Lego-Freak said:

I’m a completionist (sort of), so I’ll get it no matter what, albeit begrudgingly. I do realise I’m part of the problem :tongue:

I'm in the exact same boat. So far my only exception has been the art set

2 hours ago, Zepthire said:

Has anyone suggested a remembrall with the first flying lesson inside it, sort of like a snowglobe?

Yeah I also thought of this, just can't imagine how they would go about doing it

Isn’t there usually 6 minifigures in the advent calendar. So far we only have 5. Griphook, Dudley and the golden trio. So are we expecting another figure, or are we only getting 5 today 

1 minute ago, Tommy9 said:

Isn’t there usually 6 minifigures in the advent calendar. So far we only have 5. Griphook, Dudley and the golden trio. So are we expecting another figure, or are we only getting 5 today 

We simply don’t know yet :shrug_oh_well: There could definitely be a sixth one, but not sure which one would make the most sense. Griphook and Dudley are already exclusive, so I’d expect a repeat of a PS minifig here :classic: 

Just now, Lego-Freak said:

We simply don’t know yet :shrug_oh_well: There could definitely be a sixth one, but not sure which one would make the most sense. Griphook and Dudley are already exclusive, so I’d expect a repeat of a PS minifig here :classic: 

A suprise golden fig would be nice but doubt they would do 

I'm really mad that the new hogwarts won't connect to the 2018-2020 ones. Really mad. I got them all for Christmas this year. I hope they will resume where they left off next year though. However, I will purchase the hogwarts and chamber of secrets sets. I will see how they look together, and if so will keep a separate display. If not, I'll put the chamber of secrets under my current hogwarts, and build some towers and stuff to expand my hogwarts. Saddest part is I'm the most excited to get the chess set. I'll probably put the mini figs somewhere else. I really am disappointed with the golden figures as well. Would've preferred like classic yellow skin figs.

6 minutes ago, Tommy9 said:

It's possible that a 6th figure is used in a small build like the satue of the Hogwarts architect in 2019 but from what I know atm only the trio, Dudley and Griphook are included. I doubt there's a golden figure in this set.

This is honestly such a weird wave of sets, and I really don't know how they'll sell. I'm in the camp that really was hoping for a Gringotts and some nice 2018-2020 Hogwarts-style expansions, but that just doesn't seem to be what we're getting. 

As much as there have been plenty of complaints about the lack of minifigure-scale sets though, I am intrigued to see how the buildable objects turn out, as they may end up being really nice display pieces. While I know we all want minifigure-based sets, and I think it doesn't help that we all had a lot of expectations for this year, I want to see what the August wave ends up looking like before any final judgements on how worthwhile of a wave of sets this is from LEGO.

23 minutes ago, RaichuKing263 said:

I'm really mad that the new hogwarts won't connect to the 2018-2020 ones. Really mad. I got them all for Christmas this year. I hope they will resume where they left off next year though. However, I will purchase the hogwarts and chamber of secrets sets. I will see how they look together, and if so will keep a separate display. If not, I'll put the chamber of secrets under my current hogwarts, and build some towers and stuff to expand my hogwarts. Saddest part is I'm the most excited to get the chess set. I'll probably put the mini figs somewhere else. I really am disappointed with the golden figures as well. Would've preferred like classic yellow skin figs.

I was as mad as you when I found out they were rebooting the modular Hogwarts, but I've warmed up to the idea. The 2018-2020 one already looks pretty great all connected together, and I don't think they realistically would've made too many more structures to connect to it since most people wouldn't have the room to display. I'm still holding out hope for one Deathly Hallows set that connects to the old system, but I'm still excited to see the new 2021 Hogwarts looks all connected together.

Edited by YetiZombie

10 minutes ago, YetiZombie said:

I was as mad as you when I found out they were rebooting the modular Hogwarts, but I've warmed up to the idea. The 2018-2020 one already looks pretty great all connected together, and I don't think they realistically would've made too many more structures to connect to it since most people wouldn't have the room to display. I'm still holding out hope for one Deathly Hallows set that connects to the old system, but I'm still excited to see the new 2021 Hogwarts looks all connected together.

I want a bridge and a courtyard, some stuff to fill out the hogwarts stuff, maybe a chamber of secrets to put under the sets

1 hour ago, Balrogofmorgoth said:

I don’t understand why everyone is so convinced we’re going to get a Hagrid’s Hut remake. I don’t see that happening anytime soon at all. It was just done in 2019, it doesn’t make sense to remake it. Even if they went with the SS style Hut, it just doesn’t make sense to remake it for a long time

Hagrid's hut (like Hogwarts and the Hogwarts express) is something that is almost always available while a Harry Potter line is producing a decent number of sets. It's the LEGO Harry Potter equivalent of an X-Wing or Millennium Falcon. There's already a gap of half a year between it retiring in December 2021 and a remake in summer 2022. We can't be sure LEGO will wait until summer 2023 and not have one on the market for an entire year and a half (assuming HP doesn't start getting waves of standard sets outside of the summer). A remake is not for people who have the 2019 set, it's for people who missed out on that set while it was available. There are always new collectors. Why doesn't a remake make sense? It's only a matter of time before we get another one, wether we like it or not. 

While there will be more of a gap, we also probably won't be waiting too long for another Aragog, Night Bus, and Quidditch Pitch (although if the flying lesson set is a minifigure scale set that might help delay a quidditch pitch remake). Many kids can't order the OOP sets online and even if they could LEGO wouldn't get any money from it. 

This years wave is very odd to say the least, they have given us new elements to Hogwarts yet it’s it’s own version.  Lego really need to go back to adding to the 2018-2020 style Hogwarts.  There is so much more for it.  I suppose the girls bathroom and Fluffy set can be added to the 2018-2020 version though. 

55 minutes ago, MaxHeadroom said:

Hagrid's hut (like Hogwarts and the Hogwarts express) is something that is almost always available while a Harry Potter line is producing a decent number of sets. It's the LEGO Harry Potter equivalent of an X-Wing or Millennium Falcon. There's already a gap of half a year between it retiring in December 2021 and a remake in summer 2022. We can't be sure LEGO will wait until summer 2023 and not have one on the market for an entire year and a half (assuming HP doesn't start getting waves of standard sets outside of the summer). A remake is not for people who have the 2019 set, it's for people who missed out on that set while it was available. There are always new collectors. Why doesn't a remake make sense? It's only a matter of time before we get another one, wether we like it or not. 

While there will be more of a gap, we also probably won't be waiting too long for another Aragog, Night Bus, and Quidditch Pitch (although if the flying lesson set is a minifigure scale set that might help delay a quidditch pitch remake). Many kids can't order the OOP sets online and even if they could LEGO wouldn't get any money from it. 

The theme hasn’t been around nearly long enough to compare it to something like Star Wars. We also can’t use past iterations of the theme as any kind of example since they obvious have a vastly different approach this time around. With all that in mind, I don’t see another Hagrid’s Hut happening anytime soon

4 hours ago, Tommy9 said:

Do we know if the Advent Calendar will include an Anniversary golden figure?

3 hours ago, Balrogofmorgoth said:

The theme hasn’t been around nearly long enough to compare it to something like Star Wars. We also can’t use past iterations of the theme as any kind of example since they obvious have a vastly different approach this time around. With all that in mind, I don’t see another Hagrid’s Hut happening anytime soon

Agreed. I still see them on shelves in some stores. I really doubt they're going to be replacing it soon.