Captain Nemo

Harry Potter 2021 - Rumors & Discussion

11 minutes ago, Modal said:

I gave up on the theme this year months ago so I don’t even have any energy to care about the D2C anymore. I’ll give them one more year but if next year is just more buildable object crap then I’ll just stop following the theme

I mean as far as we know, compared to last year, we literally have one more set that you call "buildable object crap", unless you count the D2C, which is a different kind of set.

Sure the D2C is disappointing, but my expectations are met so I’m not devastated in any way. I just hope we get some more Anniversary style Hogwarts sets next year and aren’t just a one off. I’m honestly fine just buying 3 sets this year, glad I don’t have to spend so much cash compared to last year, even though it was well spent. 

Edited by RODDY

3 hours ago, chris6507 said:

My biggest regret is getting the moments sets. Other than McGonagall I really don't like them at all.

I've had the same issue. I'll take brickbuilt objects over novelty minifigure scale sets and remakes any day since brickbuilt sets are at least easy to skip. 

For that reason I'm relieved that the D2C is a collection of brickbuilt objects (wizard candy is a good suggestion so I wouldn't be surprised if that was what it is). 2021 is already an expensive enough year for minifigure scale collectors when including the moments sets. I'm a bit disappointed that the inevitable golden dumbledore figure will probably be exclusive to it but it won't be too painful to not have the full golden collection, the same way I probably won't have the full collection of cards everyone has already forgotten about. 

Something that worries me that hasn't been discussed yet is Hagrid's hut retiring this year. I can't see LEGO having Hagrid's hut unavailable for more than a year so I would guess we're getting a remake of it next year which doesn't bode well for the deathly hallows/2018-2020 Hogwarts wave many were hoping for. 

5 minutes ago, RODDY said:

Sure the D2C is disappointing, but my expectations are met so I’m not devastated in any way. I just hope we get some more Anniversary style Hogwarts sets next year and aren’t just a one off. 

Between this, DH sets, potential sets based on FB3, and more non-playset stuff, I think they will get the lowest priority :tongue:

6 minutes ago, Falconfan1414 said:

there should be some sort of brickbuilt remembrall in the flying lesson set I think 

Oh great so basically full wave of brickbuild sets since chess set is releasing in june. I wanna see how many kids will buy brickbuild objects for $250 lol... Nobody is gonna convince me that this wave (august one) wont flop. June wave will be succesful I think, because there is a lot of nostalgia for adults combined with great minifigures and decent playsets for kids to play.

Edited by Textorix

Such as how Lego made the D2C Old Trafford, wouldn’t it be cool if they made a UCS Quidditch Stadium, either the one at Hogwarts or the one shown in Goblet of Fire, but with players too,

Edited by Bobby Drake
Spelling

Ugh, I really don't want to have to fork over $50 on BrickLink for a potential golden Dumbledore in the D2C... (assuming the D2C does have a golden figure)

21 minutes ago, Falconfan1414 said:

there should be some sort of brickbuilt remembrall in the flying lesson set I think 

Oh god no...

After it turned out that we're getting 6 sets with golden minifigures, and 5 of them are regular HP playsets I really expected this to be a normal set...

cmf6169 who is very reliable leaker said in his ig story that he doesnt believe D2C leak is true with ;) emoji. So there is still little hope maybe...

38 minutes ago, YetiZombie said:

Ugh, I really don't want to have to fork over $50 on BrickLink for a potential golden Dumbledore in the D2C... (assuming the D2C does have a golden figure)

He wont sell for $50 on BL... you can buy Lockhart from $400 DA set for about $25 so I doubt someone would be so crazy to sell Dumbledore minifigure from $250 set for $50.

Edited by Textorix

I see no reason to be "angry" over what the d2c may or may not be.  The vague cryptic description we have been given tells me absolutely nothing that would make my mind up as to if I will or won't buy it.  Until we have a definitive description and/or pictures I can’t form an opinion either way.  Someone saying it is brick built objects tells me absolutely nothing since all Lego is ultimately brick built.  In the end it's the execution and subject of the build that matters to me.  In each wave there have been sets I really want and some I didn't really care for.  Brick headz aren't something I will buy but I won't refuse them as a gwp because it's free parts.  Same with the micro scale stuff.  Since the Hogwarts Castle is micro scale that was an easy pass for me.  As of now Hedwig & Fawkes don't fall into my must have sets.  Hedwig does look awesome so I may get her eventually but so far other sets have taken priority.  I have zero interest in the Lego Art stuff so that was also an easy pass.  

1 hour ago, Lego-Freak said:

Between this, DH sets, potential sets based on FB3, and more non-playset stuff, I think they will get the lowest priority :tongue:

Eh even if we just get one big set with Devil’s snare, Room of Winged Keys, Chess and Mirror of Erised, that’s cool with me. I just want one more to round off the group.

3 hours ago, Falconfan1414 said:

I’m surprised people are not much more angry about this 

Perhaps its because people lowered their expectations to the point of Dobbys sock, and now.... It could very well be we are getting Dobby's sock, so we're all totally prepared for it already :iamded_lol:

55 minutes ago, Textorix said:

So there is still little hope maybe...

Yep, for now it's just a rumor, that's all

3 hours ago, Trainfan20 said:

If its all buildable items then a wand, chocolate frog, time turner and or horcruxes could be possible. 

@Guyon2002 said that he wouldn't count on horcruxes

What I don’t get is the buildable Remembrall in the Quidditch set. Wouldn’t it have made more sense to combine all of the buildable objects into a single set, rather than spreading them over a D2C and a 30$ set? :snicker: 

1 minute ago, Lego-Freak said:

What I don’t get is the buildable Remembrall in the Quidditch set. Wouldn’t it have made more sense to combine all of the buildable objects into a single set, rather than spreading them over a D2C and a 30$ set? :snicker: 

Thats why I think that rumour is not right... 

Haven’t posted here for a while as I’ve been completely underwhelmed by this years leaks and sets.

My number one wish was for Gringotts as the DA set is absolutely stunning. 

I’ve no real interest in endless variations of the trio or even new versions of existing characters, so just Hogsmead for me this year and mini figures like Sinistra and Colin Creavy on BL.

The Quidditch set sounds weird anyway. What’s the point of a $30 buildable object when most sets in that category are twice the size (and detail) and why is Hooch included on top of a golden anniversary fig (likely Quirrell)? I’m not complaining we’re getting two instead of one, it’s just odd :wacko:

10 minutes ago, Lego-Freak said:

Depends on what you call buildable/brick build :tongue:
I mean if its made out of 3 different elements its already a buildable object.

Maybe it's a large Rembembrall and nothing more, but i can also see its just the flying lesson set with a brick build Rembembrall out of a couple of elements.

Has anyone suggested a remembrall with the first flying lesson inside it, sort of like a snowglobe?

4 minutes ago, Zepthire said:

Has anyone suggested a remembrall with the first flying lesson inside it, sort of like a snowglobe?

Not a bad idea, actually. But how would they pull off something like that? The moulds used in the SW planets sets have been out of commission for a while now and they probably wouldn’t work with transparent plastic, so they’d have to create new ones. Sounds pretty excessive :laugh:

2 hours ago, RODDY said:

Sure the D2C is disappointing, but my expectations are met so I’m not devastated in any way. I just hope we get some more Anniversary style Hogwarts sets next year and aren’t just a one off. I’m honestly fine just buying 3 sets this year, glad I don’t have to spend so much cash compared to last year, even though it was well spent. 

I'm actually quite relieved the D2C isn't something I have to get like Gringotts or a great new part of Hogwarts, it means that this should be a much cheaper Lego year for me than last year!

Also I second your point about more Anniversary Hogwarts sets - now that Lego seem to have introduced a system with bigger rooms it would be great to see more spaces in this larger style. Selfishly I've also still got green roofs in my Hogwarts display from the 2010 set so more of those is always good!

I was hoping there would be at least one more playset that's an exclusive, which always leak later, but if there is another unknown August set it probably wouldn't be a minifigure set after all the brick-built sets which seem to be coming...

2 hours ago, Textorix said:

He wont sell for $50 on BL... you can buy Lockhart from $400 DA set for about $25 so I doubt someone would be so crazy to sell Dumbledore minifigure from $250 set for $50.

You never know. If the set is garbage and people only want the figure, it'll drive the demand for that figure much higher than Lockhart from DA. Plus, if it's guaranteed to be exclusive (unlike Lockhart who may come again), the figure will be more desirable.

Bricklink prices are hard to predict in general. Once someone manages to sell a rare minifig for a certain price, it sets a precedent and a lot of other sellers will gravitate towards that price too. Unless nobody falls for that... Just look at the prices of different SDCC minifigs, some have triple the value of others for no real reason :head_back: The aftermarket is a place devoid of logic