Captain Nemo

Harry Potter 2021 - Rumors & Discussion

I think more that this fooling around annoys people. We only saw one real picture of the sets and that is the chess, nothing else. Before we saw the leaked pictures of the catalog, we even thought, that we can't connect them to the modular system. Then we had the info that the chess is 250, now it's 60 or 70 (depends on currency) and looks good and can be even included in a display in the underground.

1 hour ago, Legofania said:

Wait, SW this summer is getting 15 playsets and marvel 26? 

Did you count flying lesson set?

Nope, those counts include all of the sets released this year :wink:

I counted the set with Hooch among the non-playsets :classic:

1 hour ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

I mean chess set is technically a regular playset.

It doubles as a playset and a display piece, which is why I gave it its own unique category :laugh:

23 minutes ago, Falconfan1414 said:

I’m surprised people are got much more angry about this 

Well, that’s thanks to you and Guyon. If it weren’t for you guys, people would be A LOT more angry :laugh_hard:

27 minutes ago, Falconfan1414 said:

I’m surprised people are not much more angry about this 

well just feeling defeated. 

43 minutes ago, Falconfan1414 said:

I'm fine with the releases this year. Not thrilled about some, excited about others. I just don't see any point in getting angry. LEGO can do what it wants; I'll buy the product or I won't and then get on with my life. I don't know that anger on this thread (or in general over these releases) will help anyone cope with anything. If people are angry, it's understandable, but I see that leaving people with unrealistic expectations in general and lingering bitterness over something largely out of their control. You know what I find interesting? Considering LEGO maps out their releases years in advance (correct me if I'm wrong about this), they likely had this year's releases in mind around the time they came out with the first new wave of HP sets in 2018. They must really have thought these sets would be a good idea, or just struggled to figure out interesting new products to release after a few years?

I'll get all the minifigs but the buildable stuff really doesn't do it for me. I'm just hoping the minifigs dont cost $20 less than the entire set... then you might as well buy the set and bin the builds.

I'm not a set completionist. I dont have the promo DA, D2C Hogwarts, Hedwig or MBoM promo... but as of yesterday's $30 order for Ollivander, I do have all of the exclusive minifigs and will continue completing that collection.

46 minutes ago, Falconfan1414 said:

People are not much more angry now, cause they were much more angry in previous pages.

You and @Guyon2002 did a lot to keep expectations low (by the way, thank you :wink:), so anger and frustration have been diluted into more pages and now people are simply resigned to a not so good Lego HP year.

Try imagine what would have been reactions if we had discovered all about June wave in late April and then all about August sets in summer... no prelim info, no prelim images, no prelim minifigures... only prices and pieces count. I think we would have seen flames coming out from our screens...

I would be a liar if I didn't say I had good expectations on this year, following the past years pattern. I was astonished when first info come out, but I understand Lego decisions.

Then seeing June sets prelim images I said: "Oh, well, not too bad".

Then info about August sets started coming out and, well, I was already prepared to the worst case.

And now I'm waiting with serenity for official June sets presentation and some more specific info on August sets. I already know that I won't buy most, if not all, of the August wave, but I'm some sort of a lucky person, cause not being a completist I find simpler avoid a purchase.

But I just discovered BrickLink... and I already know that spared money will fall through that hole :snicker:

I’ll definitely wait and see what everything looks like before I decide what to buy and what not to buy. With this theme, I just assume I’ll buy everything unless I absolutely abhor it. I haven’t missed a set yet (brickheadz and Lego Art don’t count since they are each their own theme)

Okay, so now I fully believe Guyon's comment about the August wave is completely justified. 

My guess for the D2C is all the sweets and treats from the Trolley Witch on the first HE trip.

All Aboard the Hogwarts ExpressDestinAsian | DestinAsian

31 minutes ago, BrickFunatic said:

Maybe Lego is in on The Great Reset so they didn't plan to make any sets this year, but the world government put things back by a year to roll out their """"""vaccine"""""" so they had to rush out some sets.

What are you even talking about?

33 minutes ago, TheInvisibleMan said:

Just picked up the magazine with the quidditch Cedric. It’s €5.99, which isn’t too bad. Glad to finally get my hands on the Hufflepuf robes 

The best thing about it is the fact that this minifigure is actually exclusive to this book, which wis great.

It's also a great way to get a torso exclusive to a 400€ set, can't wait for the book with Lucius to come out too.

1 hour ago, Falconfan1414 said:

Well I am pretty angry by the fact that I wanted at least one minifugure scale building (Hogwarts, DA expansion, Grimmauld Place, just whatever) in this wave but all we got is 3 brickbuild sets, one small Quidditch related set and Chess set which looks pretty (and its actually from june wave) but its nothing for me really. I get that they want to bring new customers to this theme but at the same time I fell like they will lose some with these sets. So only reason why I am not completely mad about this is that I am trying to see positive site of it which is that I am gonna skip almost entire august wave (except the smallest set maybe) and save a ton of money.

Edited by Textorix

The root of my disappointment with these sets is still just simply that they're an inadequate replacement for the DH sets I was expecting, which is probably unfair towards them. Sets should be judged by their own merits, rather than what they're replacing in our minds :classic: This is another reason why the experimental sets in other themes are more well-received. If the SW helmets for instance "replaced" a wave of Mando sets, they'd be just as disliked as the August wave of HP.

I'll cut the designers some slack, but they're still to blame for abandoning a well-established pattern :tongue: If the 2021 wave and what I imagine the 2022 wave to be like were swapped, people likely wouldn't be as dismissive of these sets as they are now.

I'll only forgive Lego if this year ends being the black sheep of the theme.Hopefully next year the theme goes back to normal and we get DH sets.

2 hours ago, Guyon2002 said:

To recap it all: 

January
76382 - $29.99 - 241 pieces - Hogwarts Moment: Transfiguration Class - McGonagall, Ron, Hermione
76383 - $29.99 - 271 pieces - Hogwarts Moment: Potions Class - Snape, Draco, Seamus
76384 - $29.99 - 233 pieces - Hogwarts Moment: Herbology Class - Sprout, Neville, Cedric
76385 - $29.99 - 256 pieces - Hogwarts Moment: Charms Class - Flitwick, Harry, Cho

June
76386 - $19.99 - 217 pieces - Polyjuice Bathroom - Harry/Goyle, Ron/Crabbe, Hermione (cat), Gold Harry
76387 - $39.99 - 397 pieces - Fluffy - Harry, Ron, Hermione, Gold Hermione
76388 - $79.99 - 851 pieces - Hogsmeade (Honeydukes and the Three Broomsticks) - Harry, Dean, McGonagall, Madam Rosmerta, Mr Flume, Mrs Flume, Gold Ron
76389 - $129.99 - 1176 pieces - Hogwarts (Great Hall remake and Chamber of Secrets with Basilisk) - Harry, Ginny, Dumbledore, Nearly Headless Nick, Colin Creevey, Justin Finch-Fletchley, Sinestra, Lockhart, Tom Riddle, Gold Voldemort

August
30392 - polybag - no known figures

September
76390 - $39.99 - 274 pieces - Advent Calendar - Harry, Ron, Hermione, Dudley, Griphook

Unknown release
76391 - $249.99 - buildable objects - no known figures
76392 - $59.99 - 876 pieces - Hogwarts Chess set - Harry, Ron, Hermione, Gold Quirrel
76393 - $119.99 - 1673 pieces - brickbuilt Harry and Hermione - no known figures
76394 - $39.99 - 597 pieces - Fawkes - no known figures
76395 - $29.99 - 264 pieces - related to the 1st Flying Lesson - Hooch, possibly more figures
40495 - GWP Brickheadz - Harry, Ron, Hermione, Hagrid
40496 - GWP Brickheadz - Voldemort, Nagini, Bellatrix
40500 - $14.99 - accessory pack - no known figures

Well I remember us being concerned that Harry Potter was gonna get too huge, with so many expensive sets, but looks like they really are going for variety. Guess we’ll find out if it pays off... I think my wallet may be happy though and it may give me a chance to catch up on Diagon Alley!

Now, could this be the UCS Dobby’s Sock we’ve all been waiting for...?

1 minute ago, sammy_zammy said:

Now, could this be the UCS Dobby’s Sock we’ve all been waiting for...?

It is an object after all, so the dream lives on :excited:

38 minutes ago, The Brick Dude said:

I'm not a set completionist. I dont have the promo DA, D2C Hogwarts, Hedwig or MBoM promo... but as of yesterday's $30 order for Ollivander, I do have all of the exclusive minifigs and will continue completing that collection.

Yeah same, I dont really care about having every set but I must have every minifigure. But those which are not exclusive (meaning that they dont contain at least one exclusive part) like mbom Draco dont bother me. So I will have easy time skipping all these brickbuild sets and buying just minifigures from BL.

I’m not that mad since I’ll probably just Bricklink the figs and save up the other money. I’ll gladly use that extra cash for the Monica and Rachel’s apartment set and the new Ideas sets. 

31 minutes ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

The best thing about it is the fact that this minifigure is actually exclusive to this book, which wis great.

It's also a great way to get a torso exclusive to a 400€ set, can't wait for the book with Lucius to come out too.

Yeah, I’m stoked the Lucius minifigure will be coming in a cheaply available medium like this. I really like that figure but haven’t found sufficient justification to spend €400 on the set yet (I love the diagon alley set but can’t bring myself to spend the money in one go...)

For the June/august waves, I thing the Hogsmead set will hopefully satisfy my need for good new sets. The rest remain a bit of a disappointment to me but, as ever, I’ll hold off final judgment until I’ve seen the final sets

I gave up on the theme this year months ago so I don’t even have any energy to care about the D2C anymore. I’ll give them one more year but if next year is just more buildable object crap then I’ll just stop following the theme