Captain Nemo

Harry Potter 2021 - Rumors & Discussion

Certainly understand why some would be dissapointed with the decision to make a chess set instead of the normal minifig scale play sets (which are my favorite as well) but I'm actually really looking forward to this one. Big fan of chess and of course Harry Potter so I'm excited. Especially for a fair price. 

I hope these minifigures will be cheap on BL because I have nowhere to put this chess into my Hogwarts display. I can see it only as standalone display.

16 minutes ago, Brick Clicker said:

Glad to hear people are impressed with the chess set... Even if you didn't get your first look in the best way 

I mean it looks great but it’s not for everyone. I am looking forward to that D2C set so I hope it wont disappoint me. 

Edited by Textorix

To me, the most disappointing thing about the chess set is the boxart style reveal for the upcoming waves :sadnew: I was hoping for a throwback to the 2001 sets, similar to how the Star Wars anniversary-related boxart was handled :shrug_oh_well: 

Edited by Lego-Freak

20 minutes ago, Donkeypunch said:

So what is known for 2021 in this forum? I haven’t been on in ages 

June
76386 - $19.99 - 217 pieces - Polyjuice Bathroom - Harry/Goyle, Ron/Crabbe, Hermione (cat), Gold Harry
76387 - $39.99 - 397 pieces - Fluffy - Harry, Ron, Hermione, Gold Hermione
76388 - $79.99 - 851 pieces - Hogsmeade (Honeydukes and the Three Broomsticks) - Harry, Dean, McGonagall, Madam Rosmerta, Mr Flume, Mrs Flume, Gold Ron
76389 - $129.99 - 1176 pieces - Hogwarts (Great Hall remake and Chamber of Secrets with Basilisk) - Harry, Ginny, Dumbledore, Nearly Headless Nick, Colin Creevey, Justin Finch-Fletchley, Sinestra, Lockhart, Tom Riddle, Gold Voldemort

(From the first post)

There are golden minifigures coming with the sets to celebrate the anniversary. 

August is looking heavily brickbuilt rather than minifigure scale

There is a $60 Chess set from the first movie

A brick built fawkes, a brick built Harry and Hermione, something quidditch related with a Hooch minifigure and a $250 D2C are the other things I can remember off the top of my head.

8 minutes ago, BacktoBricks said:

Can anybody point me in the right direction for the chess pic? Can't find it on the usual place. Probably too late. :wall:

Done

The chess set looks fine. It would’ve been neat if they’d included a part of Hogwarts (like a generic tower or something) so it would be easier to intergrate with the other sets. 

Think this leak suggests it's highly coming in June now with the others as it's a retailer exclusive so hence we haven't seen it listed anywhere 

10 minutes ago, Brick Clicker said:

Think this leak suggests it's highly coming in June now with the others as it's a retailer exclusive so hence we haven't seen it listed anywhere 

We've known about the existence of the set since around september/october last year though.

34 minutes ago, Guyon2002 said:

We've known about the existence of the set since around september/october last year though.

Yeah I mean it's not listed on the retail sites with the other 4 sets for June and with it being a retailer exclusive and lego advertising all the 20th anniversary minifigures if could happen. Also the leaked image was the finish version which often don't emerge/leak a fair time away say if it was coming in August. 

It's a possibility of June but we'll see

4 minutes ago, Brick Clicker said:

Yeah I mean it's not listed on the retail sites with the other 4 sets for June and with it being a retailer exclusive and lego advertising all the 20th anniversary minifigures if could happen. Also the leaked image was the finish version which often don't emerge/leak a fair time away say if it was coming in August. 

Ah, I get what you meant now.

7 minutes ago, BrickFunatic said:

That leaker told me he would show me the HD pictures of all sets for $100 but I got him down to $50 and then he ghosted me. 

Wow, that’s a new low for IG leakers, and that’s saying something :laugh_hard: 

23 hours ago, Brick Clicker said:

December 2024

75978 Diagon Alley

Thanks! I really hope this is true, so I have time to finish my PhD and get it as graduation present :wub:

19 hours ago, Guyon2002 said:

Not too sure about popular but I'm confident LEGO will want to take full advantage of the new Cornish Pixie mold so I'm expecting a Lockhart DATDA Moments set.

That would be so great! I would love that idea as well.

15 hours ago, Tommy9 said:

On a different topic, have you guys seen many of the HP series 2 minifigures around. Maybe it just the part of Melbourne I am in, but my god. There are series 20, disney series 2 and I even found a store with the original Harry Potter series. However in all the kmarts, Woolworths, toy stores and Legoland discovery centres, I can’t find series 2 of HP. I have a couple of theories.

I have the same problem. I still have none of them. I have asked in the shops (in Belgium: Dreamland, Fun) a couple of times and their answers were that 1. they were all sold, 2. they would receive them soon. So nothing so far. I keep thinking that it is due to the pandemic (they produced less stock), but who knows.

Edited by Shiene
Additional comment so everything is in one post :)

1 hour ago, BrickFunatic said:

That leaker told me he would show me the HD pictures of all sets for $100 but I got him down to $50 and then he ghosted me. 

Well I'm not saying he's done anything right, but that's kinda on you.

Who would pay $50 for a picture of a set we'll see in no more than 20 days?

1 hour ago, BrickFunatic said:

100$/50$ for a leaked image...

... oh, that's something I will never pay for .

I really prefer to wait and use my money for some BrickLink purchase, than to pay (or being cheated) for a leak.

4 hours ago, Brick Clicker said:

maybe Target exclusive ?😆

11 minutes ago, Cmf6169 said:

maybe Target exclusive ?😆

well we already know it's retail exclusive 

17 minutes ago, BrickFunatic said:

Um I didn't pay it. I was going to but he ghosted me before we exchanged information. 

Why on earth would you do that? Just wait a couple weeks to see it instead of spending good money on early pictures that you could spend on the actual sets. Besides, why would you try to negotiate and support someone who we know tried to hack other users?

Assuming we get the devil's snare and winged keys in the forbidden corridor set, the only challenge from the film we won't have is the mirror. Maybe it could be included on the inside of the flying lesson set if that comes with a section of the castle?

1 minute ago, Balrogofmorgoth said:

Why on earth would you do that? Just wait a couple weeks to see it instead of spending good money on early pictures that you could spend on the actual sets. Besides, why would you try to negotiate and support someone who we know tried to hack other users?

Um let's not point fingers at me. He might be a reprehensible person for what he did, but if he would have sent me the pictures for money I would have done it and that would have been the end of our relationship. It wouldn't be like I would be his friend. 

And yes I would pay that to see them.