Captain Nemo

Harry Potter 2021 - Rumors & Discussion

8 hours ago, Modal said:

Gonna be honest, I think the 2018 style Hogwarts sets are done. Wouldn’t expect another expansion.

I'm thinking this too. This year could have finished the castle as we are running out of possible parts to built to fit with its scale. But now we have a whole new style this year. I can imagine lego continuing to add to this new design style and not splitting the wave into add ons for the old style as well. As long as they build for the old style they need the old sets available as you gotta have them all really. 

30 minutes ago, ToaDraco said:

I think we've reached a new low for image quality, for crying out loud...  

If he did it on purpose to get more attention, he can go Mega Blok himself... oh sorry, Mega Construx himself(sidenote, wow their names are truly awful). 

He kept saying he'd release HD pictures at 1000 likes.

Sigh

I miss when lego leakers would just post images when they got them. Now it's all about follower counts chasing clout. We might have actually seen something of the set if he cared to post it instead of tryign to build an account Oh well. it's at least a small tidbit of info at least..

Since the watermark on the picture doesn't even match his insta name one would think it's really not even his image.  I don't know how anyone can even make out anything from that godawful picture.  I mean we can hypothesize based on the figure leaks that the three in the middle of the board are Hermoine, Ron & Harry but without guessing one would have no clue that it's them.

It's a bit plain, but I like how faithfully it recreates the scene, so I'll probably end up getting it. Hermione's lack of skirt is still annoying me, I'll be swapping out the legs for one of the Powerpuff Girls leg pieces and either use Cho's gray skirt (cut down) or customize one of the Trolls skirts. I saw Otherworldy Customs version of COS Hermione and it really annoys that Lego hasn't properly represented the Hogwarts skirt as of yet. Lego will do skirts for party dresses and teachers, but standard school uniform skirts keep getting passed over despite literally every female student wears them.

8 minutes ago, karrit said:

Since the watermark on the picture doesn't even match his insta name one would think it's really not even his image.  I don't know how anyone can even make out anything from that godawful picture.  I mean we can hypothesize based on the figure leaks that the three in the middle of the board are Hermoine, Ron & Harry but without guessing one would have no clue that it's them. 

Unless you're seeing another watermark, ChugJug was the only guy with the images. He's the guy who said he wouldn't post clearer photos until 1k likes. But he's deleted his page now...

Edited by Brick Cucumber

18 minutes ago, Brick Cucumber said:

He kept saying he'd release HD pictures at 1000 likes.

Sigh

I miss when lego leakers would just post images when they got them. Now it's all about follower counts chasing clout. We might have actually seen something of the set if he cared to post it instead of tryign to build an account Oh well. it's at least a small tidbit of info at least..

Yep, his original picture is now gone. 

The chess set is kind of genius. It doubles as a chess set and an actual, accurate scene from the story. Looking forward to seeing it not through a potato though.

The Moments sets being retired quickly is not necessarily indicative of how well they sold. Stores have limited shelf (and warehouse space), and not every product is intended to be kept around for the same period of time. It could just be that LEGO always intended these to be a novelty that go out of production fairly fast to make way for other things. Especially with a heap of other non-playset Harry Potter sets coming out in just a few months, it makes sense they wouldn't want to crowd the shelves.

1 hour ago, Brick Cucumber said:

Unless you're seeing another watermark, ChugJug was the only guy with the images. He's the guy who said he wouldn't post clearer photos until 1k likes. But he's deleted his page now...

The one I'm seeing was posted by greekbricks.  Guess it was a repost.  I never saw the original one.

16 hours ago, chris6507 said:

I will be so happy if the figures in the chess set are identical to the forbidden corridor, as it would make this a super easy skip for me. But what do we think the chances are of two sets literally having the same figures (other than the gold one of course)? I mean it looks cool, but just really don't need a chess set personally. :laugh:

Also, I know it's just a super blurry picture, but is the first figure just the golden Snape? Looks nothing like Snape!

Not even the new 20th anniversary logo on the left corner is recognisable^^

Edited by Xcube

Wasn’t initially excited by news of the Chess Set, but seeing these blurry photos kinda has piqued my interest. I’ll probably still won’t buy it because I have nowhere to logically put it, but I think this is going to be a spiffy set. 

Still no news if it is moulded horses? I assume it is the pieces they play that is broken in front of the set, so it looks like a small minifig knight that Ron replace . However that do not say if the horse is moulded or not, but sure hope it is 🐴

4 hours ago, chris6507 said:

Also, I know it's just a super blurry picture, but is the first figure just the golden Snape? Looks nothing like Snape!

Which is why my figure list said Quirrel, not Snape.

1 hour ago, karrit said:

The one I'm seeing was posted by greekbricks.  Guess it was a repost.  I never saw the original one.

Greekbricks is one of those accounts that often get credited for a leak but all they do is repost. I don't think they've ever leaked something themselves.

2 minutes ago, Roebuck said:

Still no news if it is moulded horses? I assume it is the pieces they play that is broken in front of the set, so it looks like a small minifig knight that Ron replace . However that do not say if the horse is moulded or not, but sure hope it is 🐴

They're not moulded.

The chess set looks neat from what can be discerned, too bad the original leaker’s a prick :hmpf_bad: This is why we can’t have nice things :tongue:

Edited by Lego-Freak

4 hours ago, chris6507 said:

I will be so happy if the figures in the chess set are identical to the forbidden corridor, as it would make this a super easy skip for me. But what do we think the chances are of two sets literally having the same figures (other than the gold one of course)? I mean it looks cool, but just really don't need a chess set personally. :laugh:

Chances are pretty big I believe. Anyway even if they have robes there it'd be awesome too

19 minutes ago, Guyon2002 said:

They're not moulded.

🤬 😢

Thanks for the info 👍

Oh boy that image's quality...

From what I can gather it looks perfectly as both a chess set and an accurate location from Harry Potter, which I absolutely love.

I suppose that confirms that it's a June set after all? If there are 5 sets with golden minfigures in June, it would be pretty awkward to release just 1 in August wouldn't it?

Well, that sure does look like a chess set! And somehow it’s gone from a no-way to a “hmm, I might pick this up when it drops in price a bit “.

With the theme seeming to be evergreen now, I need to be picker with the sets I buy. I only have so much room to display the sets! 

3 hours ago, Clone OPatra said:

The Moments sets being retired quickly is not necessarily indicative of how well they sold

When will they retire?

6 hours ago, BrickFunatic said:

Can I get into legal trouble for sharing leaked pictures or not?

I think at worst they could just ban your account right?

1 hour ago, Jriet said:

When will they retire?

Inofficial list from Brick Fanatics (plans might change, like with the Great Hall): Charms and Herbology December 2021, Transfiguration and Potions Dec 2022

A year of shelf life/restocking time is not really an early retirement (compared with the 3 months of the last Hidden Side wave). And Transfig and Potions get 2 years.

Edited by Metanoios91

Huh, so it really is just a chess set. I thought they might add some structure to attach it or something. I mean, I'm not complaining, they'd probably have to raise the price or make it an incomplete chess set. It's not clear in the image, but I wonder if the tiles are just black and white or if they will use the dark blue as shown in the films. The hopeful one in me also hopes for stickers/prints representing the cracks and texture of the board, but this is probably a pipedream.

6 minutes ago, Mordarch said:

Huh, so it really is just a chess set. I thought they might add some structure to attach it or something. I mean, I'm not complaining, they'd probably have to raise the price or make it an incomplete chess set. It's not clear in the image, but I wonder if the tiles are just black and white or if they will use the dark blue as shown in the films. The hopeful one in me also hopes for stickers/prints representing the cracks and texture of the board, but this is probably a pipedream.

They're black.