Captain Nemo

Harry Potter 2021 - Rumors & Discussion

Just now, Lego-Freak said:

Whoopsie :laugh_hard: In that case, none of the August wave minifigs leaked if I recall correctly

You’re right, but I was really only talking about the main wave, but I didn’t specify 

2 minutes ago, Brick Clicker said:

Retiring Set For This Year:

[snip]

(credit to Brick Fanatics)

Thanks for sharing this! While I'm sure the leak is legit, I would still take it with a grain of salt, since LEGO changes their set retirement dates all the time (particularly extending them if sales are good).  Of course, I'm stating the obvious, but it is something that I sometimes have to remind myself of.  

Good news is that I probably have well over a year to save for Diagon Alley!

Interesting that the Hogwarts Castle sections are still spaced out to retire over the next two years. To me this suggests that Lego either considers them interchangeable with the new castle sections or that they will return to this style after the 'anniversary' line. More interesting though is the fact that two Moments book are retiring within the year.

27 minutes ago, BacktoBricks said:

Interesting that the Hogwarts Castle sections are still spaced out to retire over the next two years. To me this suggests that Lego either considers them interchangeable with the new castle sections or that they will return to this style after the 'anniversary' line.

The potter theme apparently justifies keeping a lot of sets available at one time. 

They cant retire all the old sets because a new system comes along then there wouldn't be enough "on shelf"

I dont think this suggest anything specific. hope we see more normal style sets though.

56 minutes ago, BacktoBricks said:

Interesting that the Hogwarts Castle sections are still spaced out to retire over the next two years. To me this suggests that Lego either considers them interchangeable with the new castle sections or that they will return to this style after the 'anniversary' line. More interesting though is the fact that two Moments book are retiring within the year.

Yeah I hope they will return to 2018-2020 style, although there isnt much to add to current layout. Maybe just Long Gallery with the Bell Towers and Owlery tower. Other parts of Hogwarts like viaduct, courtyards, boat house wouldnt work as standalone sets and it woudnt be possible to connect them to existing sets without customizations.

1 hour ago, Brick Clicker said:

December 2021
76384 Hogwarts Moment: Herbology Class
76385 Hogwarts Moment: Charms Class

(credit to Brick Fanatics)

Does that mean Hogwarts Moments sets are not sold well? Not even Transffiguraiton and Potion Classes? 

EDiT: Oops, Balrog did mention Hogwarts Moments!

Edited by DBlegonerd7

Gonna be honest, I think the 2018 style Hogwarts sets are done. Wouldn’t expect another expansion.

1 minute ago, Modal said:

Gonna be honest, I think the 2018 style Hogwarts sets are done. Wouldn’t expect another expansion.

Dont ruin our hopes :D

5 minutes ago, DBlegonerd7 said:

Does that mean Hogwarts Moments sets are not sold well? Not even Transffiguraiton and Potion Classes? 

EDiT: Oops, Balrog did mention Hogwarts Moments!

I would guess that the two that are retiring later sell better than the other two. I would also guess that the first two are retiring earlier in order to pave the way for more Moments sets. Just a guess, but I find it pretty likely

13 minutes ago, Balrogofmorgoth said:

I would guess that the two that are retiring later sell better than the other two. I would also guess that the first two are retiring earlier in order to pave the way for more Moments sets. Just a guess, but I find it pretty likely

Potions, maybe, but from my observation the Transfiguration one sells terribly- My local stores all rarely have more than a couple total of the other three combined on shelves, while Transfiguration is in full stock, and my Walmart has already discounted them (and only them) at 20% off. LEGO's just keeping these two around becaus they're Gryffindor and Slytherin.

12 minutes ago, Retro Brick Reviews said:

Potions, maybe, but from my observation the Transfiguration one sells terribly- My local stores all rarely have more than a couple total of the other three combined on shelves, while Transfiguration is in full stock, and my Walmart has already discounted them (and only them) at 20% off. LEGO's just keeping these two around becaus they're Gryffindor and Slytherin.

Strange considering that McGonogall is the most desirable figure in all four of those sets. I haven’t noticed that in any stores near me though 

29 minutes ago, Balrogofmorgoth said:

What’s interesting to me is Flitwick fetches a much better price than the (unspectacular) new Snape on BL, and is available in roughly similar quantities, so I’d have assumed the Charms set had a certain degree of popularity. 

I really hope we get new Moments sets. 

2 minutes ago, krimimimi said:

What’s interesting to me is Flitwick fetches a much better price than the (unspectacular) new Snape on BL, and is available in roughly similar quantities, so I’d have assumed the Charms set had a certain degree of popularity. 

I would think so too, but I think @Retro Brick Reviews is right in that it is more to do with it being Gryffindor and Slytherin than anything else 

11 minutes ago, Balrogofmorgoth said:

Strange considering that McGonogall is the most desirable figure in all four of those sets. I haven’t noticed that in any stores near me though 

Agreed. McGonagall is the best of the bunch. The department stores near me also have only Transfiguration and Potions.

Edit: Took out the info you guys already said about gryffindor and slytherin being the most popular houses.

Edited by joeee

3 minutes ago, krimimimi said:

Before these sets were even revealed Flitwick was my most anticipated figure and as a minifigure he appears to be a completely new and unique character, which might explain why he's so popular.

I also guess that because McGonagall was included in a set in 2018 and then in the 2019 Advent Calendar she is seen as much more available and unexciting, despite the amazing new hat piece. 

If there are more Moments sets next January which teachers do you guys think would be more popular? I think Moody and Trelawney would be most sought after because they only appeared in the 2018 CMF, with Lupin closely after them. Though maybe a Hagrid Moments set would be popular with kids as an affordable way to get him? 

18 minutes ago, Darth Shadowthrone said:

Before these sets were even revealed Flitwick was my most anticipated figure and as a minifigure he appears to be a completely new and unique character, which might explain why he's so popular.

I also guess that because McGonagall was included in a set in 2018 and then in the 2019 Advent Calendar she is seen as much more available and unexciting, despite the amazing new hat piece. 

If there are more Moments sets next January which teachers do you guys think would be more popular? I think Moody and Trelawney would be most sought after because they only appeared in the 2018 CMF, with Lupin closely after them. Though maybe a Hagrid Moments set would be popular with kids as an affordable way to get him? 

I just checked, and there are easily a third as many again McGonagalls available as Snapes or Filtwicks, and she too commands a higher price than the robeless Snape. (He’s the cheapest of the lot.)

Lupin is so much more popular than the other two, though, and there were far more DADA scenes than Divination. A DADA series as a whole would be nice, really. Hooch would have been one of my choices because the Moments set would permit a decent vertical build without many pieces. Hooch, Neville and the statue he gets caught on as minifigs. Hagrid and the Skrewts... Someone here had made a nice MOC of them iirc. And I still want a ghosts pack. (I can’t see that as a Moments set or an accessory pack, though, because who would buy multiples? Oh! But they could do a Moments set with ghosts as the Death Day party, maybe a little like @Micmac’s MOC. I’d love that to pieces.)

Edited by krimimimi

Take this with a big grain of salt for now but I have reason to believe the new robes that will be included in the Advent Calendar (as previously reported by Stonewars) will be the ones worn by 1st year students before getting sorted:

If the Hogwarts uniforms are to be unique to the house how can children buy  them before they are sorted? - Quora

1 hour ago, Darth Shadowthrone said:

If there are more Moments sets next January which teachers do you guys think would be more popular? 

Not too sure about popular but I'm confident LEGO will want to take full advantage of the new Cornish Pixie mold so I'm expecting a Lockhart DATDA Moments set.

14 minutes ago, Guyon2002 said:

Take this with a big grain of salt for now but I have reason to believe the new robes that will be included in the Advent Calendar (as previously reported by Stonewars) will be the ones worn by 1st year students before getting sorted:

Interesting.  I hope that is true, as those robes are long overdue.

Should we then not also get Rons Hogwarts express outfit.

Timeline wise.

Dudley in PJ > Harry in big shirt  > griphook > Ron jacket > Hermione no-hosue robe 

340?cb=20160215161419

Edited by deskp

5 minutes ago, deskp said:

Should we then not also get Rons Hogwarts express outfit.

Timeline wise.

Dudley in PJ > Harry in big shirt  > griphook > Ron jacket > Hermione no-hosue robe 

Both Ron and Hermione have robes.

4 hours ago, Brick Clicker said:

Looking over this, if Hagrid's Hut is retiring at the end of this year, and the Hogwarts Express next year, and taking into account that Quidditch Match is already retired, I wonder if at least some of those will get remakes next year.  I would assume those would all be sets that LEGO would want constantly available. 

Diagon Alley being available through the end of 2024 seems like a good sign, as that would allow plenty of time for expansions to be released.  To get a reasonably complete display, we'd probably need a set with the opposite side of the Alley, and individual sets for Gringotts, The Leaky Cauldron, and Borgin and Burkes.  I don't think it seems too unreasonable to get those by 2024, especially if the 2DC this year ends up being Diagon Alley themed.