Captain Nemo

Harry Potter 2021 - Rumors & Discussion

4 hours ago, Brick Clicker said:

Here's a description/all we know about the chess set:

The chess set will be the size of a 32x32 baseplate with 8 squares by 8 squares so 64 sqaures on the chess grid. Each square will be made up of 2 (2x4) tiles in either black or white depending the the square. So each square will be 4x4 studs. With there being 8 rows on the chess board there will be two rows of chess pieces on either side (2 white rows on one side, 2 black rows on the other) and 4 blank rows in the middle of the board where the trio of minifigures can be placed. The chess pieces will be built out of a range of different parts.

This set makes for a pretty cool chess set and also a nice display model and it will also be a retailer exclusive set with a possibly launch date of June 1st with the other 20th Anniversary sets.

The set will consist of 876 pieces and include 3 minifigures being Harry (in his red sweater) Ron & Hermione (leaked casual version) and the set will also include the Golden Snape minifigure.

Thank you for description. It sounds pretty neat.

But I will ask - where did you get that info from? 

Just now, DBlegonerd7 said:

Thank you for description. It sounds pretty neat.

But I will ask - where did you get that info from? 

He’s a well known aquirer of Lego info

Ooh! I wonder if LEGO would ever make a D2C just of Dumbledore's office: accurate both inside and outside?

4 hours ago, BrickFunatic said:

Okay, my bet for the D2C is a Hogwarts expansion with some grounds (including Firenze and cloaked Voldy/Quirrell) and some castle (including Devil's Snare, the Chamber of Winged Keys and the Final Challenge) and possibly Gryffindor Common Room. I hope I am right! It will be my favourite set so far if I am. :pir-love:

This would be great. I'll throw my hat in the ring and guess a large Hogwarts Express. I had a look at Jay's Brick Blog's post on the 20th anniversary figure reveal; he posted a pic of all the original HP sets, and one of the only ones in the bunch (apart from the ones already covered in the 20th anniversary line so far) large enough for a D2C would be Hogwarts Express. If they're sticking mostly with models based on the original sets, Hogwarts Express makes the most sense of them all at this point. I hope I'm wrong!

1 hour ago, mirkwoodspiders said:

This would be great. I'll throw my hat in the ring and guess a large Hogwarts Express. I had a look at Jay's Brick Blog's post on the 20th anniversary figure reveal; he posted a pic of all the original HP sets, and one of the only ones in the bunch (apart from the ones already covered in the 20th anniversary line so far) large enough for a D2C would be Hogwarts Express. If they're sticking mostly with models based on the original sets, Hogwarts Express makes the most sense of them all at this point. I hope I'm wrong!

The Hogwarts express UCS-style was "leaked" on the 1st as an April Fools joke. The irony would be almost too much it that turned out to be true 😂. I personally think that the D2C won't be as directly connected to the anniversary sets of the rest of the year. I mean we're getting a Hogsmead, and that didn't come up until PoA, so this wave doesn't strictly need to be connected to the first two books/movies. I personally think that it'll likely be Gringotts for two reasons. 1st being that it connects to PS and is a rather iconic moment for Harry, as he realizes the full gravity (and joy!) of what being a wizard will mean to him. 2nd I believe that the designers known that Diagon Alley isn't complete without Gringotts, and they would release it soon after while the hype is still high for DA. I certainly could be wrong, it just makes sense to me!

If anyone wants to stock up on Moments Ravenclaw torso's: B&P has it for 1.14 euro a pop, element number 6333283.

That's the only one that's available btw, I already checked all the others.

4 hours ago, Childe_Roland said:

The Hogwarts express UCS-style was "leaked" on the 1st as an April Fools joke. The irony would be almost too much it that turned out to be true 😂. I personally think that the D2C won't be as directly connected to the anniversary sets of the rest of the year. I mean we're getting a Hogsmead, and that didn't come up until PoA, so this wave doesn't strictly need to be connected to the first two books/movies. I personally think that it'll likely be Gringotts for two reasons. 1st being that it connects to PS and is a rather iconic moment for Harry, as he realizes the full gravity (and joy!) of what being a wizard will mean to him. 2nd I believe that the designers known that Diagon Alley isn't complete without Gringotts, and they would release it soon after while the hype is still high for DA. I certainly could be wrong, it just makes sense to me!

I mean yes, Grindotts is like 100 % to come at some point but judging from little hints and statements we have been given in this thread its not gonna be this year. I will take either Diagon Alley expansion with Leaky Cauldron, Borgin and Burkes or huge Hogwarts expansion (in 2018-2020 style tho). Basically anything which is in minifigure scale wont disappoint me....

Edited by Textorix

2 hours ago, Textorix said:

I mean yes, Grindotts is like 100 % to come at some point but judging from little hints and statements we have been given in this thread its not gonna be this year. I will take either Diagon Alley expansion with Leaky Cauldron, Borgin and Burkes or huge Hogwarts expansion (in 2018-2020 style tho). Basically anything which is in minifigure scale wont disappoint me....

I agree! I just hope we get some unique characters.

10 minutes ago, Childe_Roland said:

I agree! I just hope we get some unique characters.

The only way for us to get some truly unique characters would be a post-POA set, and I’m not sure how likely that is :shrug_oh_well: 

• If it’s the Hogwarts Express, the chance for new characters would be practically zero. Except for random students, but I wouldn’t call those “unique” :tongue:
  • If it’s a buildable creature/character/artefact, I wouldn’t expect much out of the minifig selection, except for Dumbledoro (geddid?)
  • If it’s a post-PoA playset, all bets are off in terms of minifigs. Absolute best-case scenario, so of course it won’t happen :laugh_hard:

Can’t think of anything else to be frank 

20 minutes ago, Lego-Freak said:

The only way for us to get some truly unique characters would be a post-POA set, and I’m not sure how likely that is :shrug_oh_well: 

• If it’s the Hogwarts Express, the chance for new characters would be practically zero. Except for random students, but I wouldn’t call those “unique” :tongue:
  • If it’s a buildable creature/character/artefact, I wouldn’t expect much out of the minifig selection, except for Dumbledoro (geddid?)
  • If it’s a post-PoA playset, all bets are off in terms of minifigs. Absolute best-case scenario, so of course it won’t happen :laugh_hard:

Can’t think of anything else to be frank 

All fair points. Sorry, I wasn't very clear about my hope. I hope that we get some unique variations, ones we haven't received before rather than remakes with small tweaks. That is still unlikely enough, but one can hope :D

Probably nothing special, but I can confirm, that we will see the pictures by april the 30th a the latest. I have already been able to verbally pre-order 4 sets from the online shop I trust. They have the permission to take official preorders in the last week of april like last year and I know that they making that only, when they have official pictures. I expect that we can preorder again even in the Lego-Shop, but probably not in every region.

14 minutes ago, Xcube said:

Probably nothing special, but I can confirm, that we will see the pictures by april the 30th a the latest. I have already been able to verbally pre-order 4 sets from the online shop I trust. They have the permission to take official preorders in the last week of april like last year and I know that they making that only, when they have official pictures. I expect that we can preorder again even in the Lego-Shop, but probably not in every region.

If some people have already seen official pictures of the sets than I dont understand why we are not getting new minifigures leaks anymore.

4 minutes ago, Textorix said:

If some people have already seen official pictures of the sets than I dont understand why we are not getting new minifigures leaks anymore.

How is the one connected to the other?

4 minutes ago, Textorix said:

Maybe the sets are already finished with production in factories. The fact that we are getting Friends and marvel leaks now means that those sets are in production now. 

6 minutes ago, Textorix said:

That’s not unusual. I can’t think of a single wave for any theme where every last minifig leaked beforehand. I think it’s usually around two-thirds of the roster before the rest is revealed along with the official pictures. After that point, factory leaks are obviously obsolete :laugh:

Look at the recent Winnie Pooh set: only the Piglet and Pooh minifigs leaked, the rest remained unseen until the boxart surfaced on IG.

Edited by Lego-Freak

4 hours ago, Guyon2002 said:

If anyone wants to stock up on Moments Ravenclaw torso's: B&P has it for 1.14 euro a pop, element number 6333283.

That's the only one that's available btw, I already checked all the others.

Booooooooooooo

Minifigs leaks depend on the factory they are being produced as they way they are obtained happens more in certain factories in the world than other so depends were each fig is made

22 minutes ago, Textorix said:

One really has nothing to do with the other, but don’t lose hope! I’m sure we’ll see more minifigs soon enough

21 minutes ago, Lego-Freak said:

That’s not unusual. I can’t think of a single wave for any theme where every last minifig leaked beforehand. I think it’s usually around two-thirds of the roster before the rest is revealed along with the official pictures. After that point, factory leaks are obviously obsolete :laugh:

Oh okay then it makes sense I guess. Its just that I wanted to see new Lockhart minifigure leak but it looks like we get everything once official pictures show up. Also Marvel fans must have nerdgasm now as they are getting OG Iron Man mould return in new minifigure, which is really interesting because I dont remember when Lego created new mould for certain character in licenced theme and after few sets they returned to older mould.

Edited by Textorix

2 minutes ago, Textorix said:

Oh okay then it makes sense I guess. Its just that I wanted to see new Lockhart minifigure leak but it looks like we get everything once official pictures show up

Besides, it’s always nice to have some surprises saved for the official reveal, otherwise there’s not much to look forward to in the reveal. I think in 2019 every single HP minifig leaked before hand and so the reveals weren’t very exciting aside from getting to see the builds, since no prelims leaked (to the general public) that year 

15 minutes ago, Textorix said:

Oh okay then it makes sense I guess. Its just that I wanted to see new Lockhart minifigure leak but it looks like we get everything once official pictures show up. Also Marvel fans must have nerdgasm now as they are getting OG Iron Man mould return in new minifigure, which is really interesting because I dont remember when Lego created new mould for certain character in licenced theme and after few sets they returned to older mould.

The old mold never left.

16 minutes ago, Textorix said:

Star Wars rebel pilot helmets

10 minutes ago, Textorix said:

[...] because I dont remember when Lego created new mould for certain character in licenced theme and after few sets they returned to older mould.

The two helmets have coexisted for quite a while now. The “new” ANAD helmet mould was introduced in 2017 and was used for many characters besides non-MCU Iron Man, even in other themes. The “old” Iron Man helmet mould continued to be used until 2019, made a pause in 2020 due to a lack of MCU Iron Man minifigs and now returns for the Infinity Saga sets :classic: 

TLDR: The ANAD helmet wasn’t a replacement for the 2012 mould 

11 minutes ago, Balrogofmorgoth said:

I think in 2019 every single HP minifig leaked before hand [...]

Tonks didn’t leak, did she? Arthur and Molly technically did leak, but only in the background of a picture by Kingwong75 with their backs turned :tongue:

3 minutes ago, Lego-Freak said:

Tonks didn’t leak, did she? Arthur and Molly technically did leak, but only in the background of a picture by Kingwong75 with their backs turned :tongue:

That was 2020, I’m talking about 2019

9 minutes ago, Balrogofmorgoth said:

That was 2020, I’m talking about 2019

Whoopsie :laugh_hard: In that case, none of the August wave minifigs leaked if I recall correctly