Captain Nemo

Harry Potter 2021 - Rumors & Discussion

1 hour ago, Yope said:

Is anyone actually excited about the builds of the upcoming minifigure scale sets? Or planning to add them to their Hogwarts displays?

I’m certainly looking forward to seeing the interiors but I have the feeling that I’m going to end up taking the best bits out of the new sets and incorporating them elsewhere in my set up. This is not preferable as I don’t like modifying anything in the new sets (the one exception being swapping out some of the infamous white door frames in the astronomy tower).

I don’t mind the colour scheme with the sand green roofs, in fact I have a mix of sand green and dark bluish grey roofs already. It’s more the lack of screen accuracy and the blocky nature of the builds that I don’t think will work too well. But having said all that I’m really looking forward to the sets regardless, the minifigures and creatures are fantastic additions and there will definitely be other parts of the build that are great too (e.g. lectern, DADA class etc).

Hogsmeade is the exception, it will go straight on the shelf!

Obviously, like most people, I would have preferred sets in the original 2018+ style. But i'm pretty excited to see how these turn out. I'm going to reserve full judgement for when I see how it all comes together including whether anything in the August wave is incorporated. I think all in all it will make a nice and different display to be set up in another part of the house.

1 hour ago, Guyon2002 said:

I'd much rather use the parts from the 3 Hogwarts sets to build upon my existing castle than display them in/alongside it and making it look ugly and disjointed.

46 minutes ago, Seaber said:

Yeah I'm excited to build the CoS set, but like all the HP stuff it'll get broken up for parts at some point.

I’ll be the same, some of the parts are pretty useful such as the rounded window pieces and the roof pieces.  I think the main tower pieces might be a nice option for an owlery.

For anyone interested, here’s what the sand green and dark bluish grey roofs look like when combined from my modified 4842 Hogwarts. I personally think that the colours combine quite nicely. There are more pics on Instagram (@yopelego) for anyone interested. 

169519888_122479286574824_2338986627562987091_n.jpg?tp=1&_nc_ht=scontent-lhr8-1.cdninstagram.com&_nc_cat=108&_nc_ohc=WjVbHbxJk84AX9mdGnN&edm=APU89FAAAAAA&ccb=7-4&oh=dd39b0660d10d12cbec05c307589ec65&oe=60930D13&_nc_sid=86f79a

@Yope

The more I look at your personal Hogwarts, the more I like it.
It's really nice. :sweet:

Edited by BrickMatit

3 hours ago, Yope said:

Is anyone actually excited about the builds of the upcoming minifigure scale sets? Or planning to add them to their Hogwarts displays?

I'm personally really excited for the new bits of Hogwarts just to see how the different rooms fit together. I also am looking forward to seeing how the rock structures work in the new sets so I can make some more, and have half my Hogwarts built on rock and half not (tho that might be a bit ambitious!) 

Also we haven't even seen most of the Chamber yet, I'd say that's the minifigure scale bit I'm most looking forward to! 

Hi friends, I know this is the wrong thread but I just have a quick question,

Ive been looking to buy a few of the new bust sets but I’m not quite interested enough to buy them at full price. When is the best time to buy at a lower price?

2 hours ago, BrickMatit said:

@Yope

The more I look at your personal Hogwarts, the more I like it.
It's really nice. :sweet:

Thanks!

11 minutes ago, Rosie99 said:

Hi friends, I know this is the wrong thread but I just have a quick question,

Ive been looking to buy a few of the new bust sets but I’m not quite interested enough to buy them at full price. When is the best time to buy at a lower price?

This varies a lot, I generally find October to be the best month for price reductions.  I sometimes look at similar sets on a price tracker (e.g. camel camel camel), just paste the amazon URL and you can see the price history, generally October/November are best for sales.

6 minutes ago, Legofania said:

Doesn't look like stonewars gonna update their article as they promised

Start write them to PM as you usually did...

7 minutes ago, Yope said:

Thanks!

This varies a lot, I generally find October to be the best month for price reductions.  I sometimes look at similar sets on a price tracker (e.g. camel camel camel), just paste the amazon URL and you can see the price history, generally October/November are best for sales.

But won’t the sets be retired by then?

There's a new Ron leak with more detail of the shirt print.  The back printing is nice and a very good representation of the actual attire.

I just love getting all the different variations of the trio.

2 minutes ago, Rosie99 said:

But won’t the sets be retired by then?

They'll be about for 2 years minimum I reckon.  I believe that's the norm at least, not sure of the release dates of the ones you're interested in though.

36 minutes ago, Legofania said:

Doesn't look like stonewars gonna update their article as they promised

Lies! Deception! :laugh: 

27 minutes ago, Yope said:

Me too :thumbup: This becomes very apparent when looking back at the sets of yesteryear (by which I mean pre-2018). While there was variety, the outfits were nowhere near as screen-accurate as they are now. It’s still perplexing to me that it took them 20 years to release the trio’s arguably most iconic casual clothes from PS :tongue:

5 hours ago, Yope said:

I’m certainly looking forward to seeing the interiors but I have the feeling that I’m going to end up taking the best bits out of the new sets and incorporating them elsewhere in my set up. This is not preferable as I don’t like modifying anything in the new sets (the one exception being swapping out some of the infamous white door frames in the astronomy tower).

I don’t mind the colour scheme with the sand green roofs, in fact I have a mix of sand green and dark bluish grey roofs already. It’s more the lack of screen accuracy and the blocky nature of the builds that I don’t think will work too well. But having said all that I’m really looking forward to the sets regardless, the minifigures and creatures are fantastic additions and there will definitely be other parts of the build that are great too (e.g. lectern, DADA class etc).

Hogsmeade is the exception, it will go straight on the shelf!

The OG Chamber of Secrets from 2002 is the only Lego HP set in those waves that I can really remember wanting to get for the longest time so I'm looking forward to the Great Hall just for that reason. :tongue: Otherwise... Yeah, depends on the interiors; don't really mind a combination of sand green and grey but the newer sets are just too different facade wise to the '18-'20 sets to fit seemlessly (too blocky, why are they so blocky). So I'll probably strip the more interesting parts of the interiors, use the rest as a parts pack and build something to add to the Hogwarts sets we already have.

6 hours ago, Yope said:

Yes, while I enjoy minifigures the builds are what I buy LEGO for. I'll be keeping the new castle separate though the same way I keep the 2001,2010, and 2018 castles separate from each other. Even having seen the prelims I think it's hard to get excited for these builds because we haven't seen the interiors yet which seem to be the focus. It seems like a large number of people like the bathroom set and I don't think that would be the case if we had only seen the outer wall. 

6 hours ago, Yope said:

There's a new Ron leak with more detail of the shirt print.  The back printing is nice and a very good representation of the actual attire.

They'll be about for 2 years minimum I reckon.  I believe that's the norm at least, not sure of the release dates of the ones you're interested in though.

Oh, okay, that’s a lot longer than I thought it would be, thank you so much!

11 minutes ago, Rosie99 said:

Oh, okay, that’s a lot longer than I thought it would be, thank you so much!

The Stormtrooper and Tie Pilot helmet are rumoured to be retiring by the end of this year and could potentially disappear before the real November/December sales start if Lego does stop production and they sell quickly.

Here's a description/all we know about the chess set:

The chess set will be the size of a 32x32 baseplate with 8 squares by 8 squares so 64 sqaures on the chess grid. Each square will be made up of 2 (2x4) tiles in either black or white depending the the square. So each square will be 4x4 studs. With there being 8 rows on the chess board there will be two rows of chess pieces on either side (2 white rows on one side, 2 black rows on the other) and 4 blank rows in the middle of the board where the trio of minifigures can be placed. The chess pieces will be built out of a range of different parts.

This set makes for a pretty cool chess set and also a nice display model and it will also be a retailer exclusive set with a possibly launch date of June 1st with the other 20th Anniversary sets.

The set will consist of 876 pieces and include 3 minifigures being Harry (in his red sweater) Ron & Hermione (leaked casual version) and the set will also include the Golden Snape minifigure.

Great, no need to buy that set then, if Fluffy set has same trio.

18 minutes ago, Brick Clicker said:

Here's a description/all we know about the chess set:

The chess set will be the size of a 32x32 baseplate with 8 squares by 8 squares so 64 sqaures on the chess grid. Each square will be made up of 2 (2x4) tiles in either black or white depending the the square. So each square will be 4x4 studs. With there being 8 rows on the chess board there will be two rows of chess pieces on either side (2 white rows on one side, 2 black rows on the other) and 4 blank rows in the middle of the board where the trio of minifigures can be placed. The chess pieces will be built out of a range of different parts.

This set makes for a pretty cool chess set and also a nice display model and it will also be a retailer exclusive set with a possibly launch date of June 1st with the other 20th Anniversary sets.

The set will consist of 876 pieces and include 3 minifigures being Harry (in his red sweater) Ron & Hermione (leaked casual version) and the set will also include the Golden Snape minifigure.

So maybe the Flying Lessons will be June, too?

6 minutes ago, BrickFunatic said:

So maybe the Flying Lessons will be June, too?

With the chess set I'm not 100% sure on June but if it was then probably as Lego revealed all those 6 golden figs together saying sets coming soon so probably would be June if the chess set is

42 minutes ago, Brick Clicker said:

Each square will be made up of 2 (2x4) tiles

That kind of sucks. That means that none of the pieces would attach to the board. Ik its more pieces but I would have preferred a 2x2 jumper surrounded by tiles, but maybe that wouldn't work with how the pieces are built

Thanks for the descriptions, sounds like a neat set :classic::thumbup: And it should fit perfectly into my display cabinet :oh: The minifigs being repeats of the Fluffy set is no surprise, but at least there's Gnape to make up for that :laugh: 

25 minutes ago, Lego-Freak said:

Thanks for the descriptions, sounds like a neat set :classic::thumbup: And it should fit perfectly into my display cabinet :oh: The minifigs being repeats of the Fluffy set is no surprise, but at least there's Gnape to make up for that :laugh: 

Yeah definitely. I think it's much more of a set for the build rather than for the minifigs for this one

Okay, my bet for the D2C is a Hogwarts expansion with some grounds (including Firenze and cloaked Voldy/Quirrell) and some castle (including Devil's Snare, the Chamber of Winged Keys and the Final Challenge) and possibly Gryffindor Common Room. I hope I am right! It will be my favourite set so far if I am. :pir-love:

51 minutes ago, BrickFunatic said:

Okay, my bet for the D2C is a Hogwarts expansion with some grounds (including Firenze and cloaked Voldy/Quirrell) and some castle (including Devil's Snare, the Chamber of Winged Keys and the Final Challenge) and possibly Gryffindor Common Room. I hope I am right! It will be my favourite set so far if I am. :pir-love:

I hope you’re right as well, it’s the only D2C I could imagine buying besides Gringott’s. Paired with Chamber of Secrets, Forbidden Corridor, and Moaning Myrtle’s Bathroom, it would be a more complete homage to the 2001-2002 Hogwarts Anniversary Sets. Only thing I would add is an expanded Dumbledore’s Office if it’s not in the Chamber of Secrets set.