Captain Nemo

Harry Potter 2021 - Rumors & Discussion

I like the gold figures a lot personally, 20 years is a significant landmark since the original sets and as a fortunate owner of most of those most of those sets I appreciate the nostalgia trip.

I'll have to work out a way of displaying the figs - perhaps in a trophy room build.  My current trophy cabinet is rather small.

32 minutes ago, dansdiscoveries said:

Am I the only one who hates how they’re just cash grabbing on this theme now with irrelevant golden figures..:/

lego has been doing this for a while now. I agree with you. I mean they are interesting to collect but back in the day lego was way more affordable and the original HP sets were way more interesting even if they were for those standards back then. Im feeling like lego became more of a business now than back then.

4 minutes ago, krimimimi said:

Thanks  

It’s weird they’d include Voldemort instead of Draco, though. Voldemort wasn’t in the original wave (apart from on the back of Quirrell’s head). I expect to see Draco and Dumbles, but not Hagrid (4 new moulds) or Peeves (because they deleted him from the films, and the original fig looks nothing like the concept art for the character).

peeves was fun. Maybe they should have tried to include him in a set. Dont know why they chose the films to focus on instead of the books when books were obviously better

9 minutes ago, Juve said:

Dont know why they chose the films to focus on instead of the books when books were obviously better

Because thats what Warner Bros. has the license for and thats how most people visualise and think about Harry Potter.

I just saw the golden figs on Brickset and they look nice. Maybe the golden turban is usefull for something else.

But I would be happier with common background characters that were never or almost never made.

51 minutes ago, dansdiscoveries said:

Am I the only one who hates how they’re just cash grabbing on this theme now with irrelevant golden figures..:/

I could care less about these TBH, but as extras they’re not too bad.

I think the Golden figs are pretty cool as a nod to the original wave and a neat bonus.  Not likely to incorporate in to the sets but could be used as background statues or something in a MOC. I am envisioning a stand aloen little tribute using the gold figs or something along those lines.  Still just excited to see some real pics of all the June  Aug sets and how they will all fit together.  Hoping the D2C is a MoM, GP or motorized Express with Hogsmeade Station... The rest of DA would be great too

Noticed that the logo includes the new robed Harry which is nice.  Can't wait for more robed figures!

1 minute ago, MischiefManaged said:

I think the Golden figs are pretty cool as a nod to the original wave.

How are they a nod to the original wave?

3 minutes ago, deskp said:

I guess that except from Voldemort, these are the very first Harry Potter figures released 20 years ago. Draco, Dumbledore and Hagrid are the other obvious ones as a Peeves would be unlikely.

4 minutes ago, deskp said:

Aside from the Goldemort fig they were all the original figures and the print on the back that says "20th Anniversary"... 

Just now, MischiefManaged said:

Aside from the Goldemort fig they were all the original figures and the print on the back that says "20th Anniversary"... 

Yeah but the original figures looked nothing like these. They’re more Of a nod to the 2018 release more than anything 

4 minutes ago, Bricky Wan Kenobi said:

a comment by an online moderator? Oh boi Im terrified

Don’t have an opinion in 2021 Unless it’s the right one 😂

Edited by dansdiscoveries

2 minutes ago, Bricky Wan Kenobi said:

a comment by an online moderator? Oh boi Im terrified

huh? All he did was state an opinion what does him being a moderator have to do with anything?

I knew Golemort and Guirrell were distinct minifigs, no way promobricks would make a mistake like that :laugh: Funny how Goldemort appears to be the only post-PoA thing this year, but I‘ll take it :thumbup:

Since TLG revealed this officially, the set reveals hopefully won‘t be far behind *oh2*

1 hour ago, MischiefManaged said:

I think the Golden figs are pretty cool as a nod to the original wave and a neat bonus.  Not likely to incorporate in to the sets but could be used as background statues or something in a MOC. I am envisioning a stand aloen little tribute using the gold figs or something along those lines.  Still just excited to see some real pics of all the June  Aug sets and how they will all fit together.  Hoping the D2C is a MoM, GP or motorized Express with Hogsmeade Station... The rest of DA would be great too

I plan on using them in the eventual MoM set as the new fountain Harry objects to most vociferously.  

4 minutes ago, Lego-Freak said:

Since TLG revealed this officially, the set reveals hopefully won‘t be far behind *oh2*

Hush! Don’t you dare go getting my hopes up like that. :laugh:

So the fact that only six minifigures have been revealed when there's 3 sets we know about lumped together in what was thought of as an August wave suggests to me that 2 of those 3 sets will actually be coming in July and 1 will come out in August along with the D2C and maybe an unknown regional exclusive. So there'll be 2 or 3 more golden minifigures coming at a later date - Golden Dumbledore HAS to be included in the £250 set imo. 

So I think in June we will get the 4 Anniversary playsets + whatever the Flying lesson is with Golden Quirrell, and a sixth set with Golden Snape - either the £40 buildable Fawkes or the £70 chess set. 

So between the Chess or Fawkes which set do you guys think is most likely to come out in June with the normal wave? 

EDIT: 500th post, yay! 

Edited by Darth Shadowthrone
Whooo I'm a Knight

Promobricks have changed the release dates for the second wave to August :shrug_oh_well: Still no date for the D2C set

Edit: At least in their article on the topic, the other list still says June

Edited by Lego-Freak

Do you think we might get golden Dumbledore or McGonagall as a polybag? Like they did with Obi-Wan for Star Wars.

Edited by BacktoBricks

10 minutes ago, BacktoBricks said:

Do you think we might get golden Dumbledore or McGonagall as a polybag? Like they did with Obi-Wan for Star Wars.

Definitely a possibility :classic: We know there's a polybag coming, and it would make a lot of sense to include an additional golden minifig there. Besides, Tthey must've run out of Harry polybag ideas anyway :tongue:

32 minutes ago, Darth Shadowthrone said:

So between the Chess or Fawkes which set do you guys think is most likely to come out in June with the normal wave? 

Based on the golden figures It looks like snape is in the Chess set seeing the background. Dumbledore seems logical for the D2C however when you say Fawkes dumbledore Comes to mind and a golden one seems logical there. Maybe in the Fawkes set a exclusive Dumbledore is already there (like last year with Hedwig and harry) then a golden dumbledore is not logical for Fawkes 

The gold figures look nice and these high quality pictures look like they're from the boxes which makes me hopeful we'll see full hd images of the sets very soon! For the figures themselves, they don't have much value to me personally but for getting a bunch of pieces in gold for the first time or parts that are somewhat rare, that is nice. I was not expecting the minifig stands to be gold, those will prove very useful as will the gold wands.

Now that I think about it, the Fawkes set would be a more sensible place to plop in Goldendore than in a D2C. If that's the case, maybe Hagrid would be in the D2C?

Either way, it's disappointing that we seemingly aren't getting McGonagall. If they aren't sticking exclusively to 2001 characters, I would've much rather had McGonagall over either of the two Voldys. Maybe in a polybag, but that hat/hair piece might be costly to have an exclusive recolor of in a polybag, perhaps Draco is more likely in that regard.

9 minutes ago, ToaDraco said:

The gold figures look nice and these high quality pictures look like they're from the boxes which makes me hopeful we'll see full hd images of the sets very soon! For the figures themselves, they don't have much value to me personally but for getting a bunch of pieces in gold for the first time or parts that are somewhat rare, that is nice. I was not expecting the minifig stands to be gold, those will prove very useful as will the gold wands.

Unfortunately with Promobricks potentially changing the release date for the Anniversary sets as @Lego-Freak said it seems that we might have to wait a much longer time for the sets to be revealed, if they really are coming out in 4 months instead of 2 months :cry_sad:

53 minutes ago, Lego-Freak said:

Promobricks have changed the release dates for the second wave to August :shrug_oh_well: Still no date for the D2C set

Edit: At least in their article on the topic, the other list still says June

I really like the gold figures actually as an extra! 
The news of a potential 2 months delay I don’t particularly mind, two extra months to save up