Captain Nemo

Harry Potter 2021 - Rumors & Discussion

4 minutes ago, ZeLuiz08 said:

Could someone tell me what is D2C?

I believe it means Direct to Consumers. I just think of it as a big UCS type set which can only be found in stores hence the 'direct' bit, though I'm not sure whether resellers still can't sell them

-appears they can after a time frame. Thanks Lego-Freak :) 

Edited by Ringwraith

33 minutes ago, Lego-Freak said:

Direct to consumer, i.e. sets exclusively sold through s@h and LEGO stores for a specific timeframe. After that, they‘re available at selected retailers as well

Edit: Ninja‘d

Speaking of D2C, Diagon Alley is still selling only at Lego.com while Star Wars Cantina set (which is newer) is already avaible in different eshops for reduced prize. I am waiting for it for almost a year now and its still exclusive to Lego...

1 hour ago, KA1 said:

I am not sure now but how many movies are included in the diagon alley... 1st 2nd 5th for sure ...

5th? You mean 6th and 8th right? Because there was no scene in Diagon Alley in Order of the Phoenix

Edited by Textorix

43 minutes ago, KA1 said:

I speak about D2C at general like SW etc

Well SW are not so focused on different movies in different waves either it seem to me, but I do not follow the theme to closely so could be wrong there :shrug_oh_well:

13 minutes ago, Textorix said:

I am waiting for it for almost a year now and its still exclusive to Lego...

Patience is not your strong suit is it, it is closer to half a year :tongue: I am sure it will pop up in other stores soon, maybe it is selling so much that they do not have sets for other shops yet, if so that is good news in the long run and our chances of getting more DA sets :wink:

6 hours ago, Prometheus87 said:

And it's not even HP related. He's been reported by many people. 

To get back on topic - 

Since the trio would most likely be in CMF 3 - what versions would most people be excited about seeing? 

I would say none but since lego is sticking with these three I guess the DH versions

48 minutes ago, Roebuck said:

Patience is not your strong suit is it, it is closer to half a year :tongue: 

Rly? I thought it has been out for much longer.... yeah patience was never my strong suit if it comes to Lego :DDD

7 hours ago, Prometheus87 said:

And it's not even HP related. He's been reported by many people. 

To get back on topic - 

Since the trio would most likely be in CMF 3 - what versions would most people be excited about seeing? 

Well there are the obvious casual DH variants but let’s assume they’ll come in a set down the line. I really want them as Runcorn, Hopkirk, and Cattermole

5 hours ago, yousif6224 said:

I don't think Grimmauld's place would translate well if it had a similar budget to Privet drive since it's a relatively big building, but as the D2C it could work.

But does it need to be a $250 set. I think $100 sets would be enough to get the feel of it. I just don't see the demand for a building that's not that important in the movie. Most people wouldn't even recognise it I think.

35 minutes ago, Micmac said:

But does it need to be a $250 set. I think $100 sets would be enough to get the feel of it. I just don't see the demand for a building that's not that important in the movie. Most people wouldn't even recognise it I think.

Yeah, most of the ideas here would be better for $100 sets. The only ones I can see work as $250 set are either motorized Hogwarts Express with Hogsmeade station or additional 2-3 buildings as Diagon Alley expansion.....or we get some brickbuild trash and I save $250. 

Edited by Textorix

15 hours ago, BrickFunatic said:

We've got chocolate frogs...

You had me at “frogs”... :laugh:

1 hour ago, Balrogofmorgoth said:

Well there are the obvious casual DH variants but let’s assume they’ll come in a set down the line. I really want them as Runcorn, Hopkirk, and Cattermole

I really hope we get those variants in a set, but (so magnanimously) I’ll settle for CMFs if need be. :wink: I’d also like to see a Wizengamot, with some random witches & wizards which would help populate DA or Hogsmeade eventually. Does anyone know if random background minifigs (like the DP photographer) are cheaper to produce in a licensed series?

D2C... So I’ve seen a couple of folks suggesting a massive Quidditch pitch, either the world cup’s or the school’s. Practically speaking, do you really think there’s that much call for it?

I’d like to see either a DA extension (Gringotts or otherwise; I’m confident a Gringotts will happen eventually) or a series of MoM vignettes as @Micmac suggested. I don’t think Grimmauld can be done properly for the Privet Drive price point (you’d need the kitchen, library, foyer/stairs, probably two bedrooms, and maybe an attic to stash Sirius in?), but I also don’t think it would merit $250 out of people’s budgets either. Probably more expensive than the Burrow, but not by too much? On the other hand, there was one on the lego site for Christmas with plenty of details that was just lovely. If they upped the spec more in that direction (as opposed to the Burrow’s small footprint), then perhaps? Speaking of, refresh my memory, didn’t one of you do a GP MOC with the mounted elf heads? :laugh: Or was that just a suggestion?

Which versions of the trio... I’m with @chris6507, I’d like Hermione in the red dress. I’d also like all three in their Forest of Dean, camping trip of doom and gloom outfits. 

47 minutes ago, Micmac said:

And now I really want the sticker with the family tree tapestry on it. :laugh:

34 minutes ago, krimimimi said:

Does anyone know if random background minifigs (like the DP photographer) are cheaper to produce in a licensed series?

Cheaper than what, like e.g Harry you mean? My guess is that Lego pays a licence fee for every set they sell or maybe a total fee for the right to use the licence or both. Anyway the number of minifigs in sets do not affect the license cost, if Harry was a lot more pricey to include than the DP photographer they would not put him in every set :tongue:

Or do you mean CMF compared to sets? If so I assume the cost is the same, but the CMF has a higher budget so they can make more new moulds :shrug_oh_well:

13 minutes ago, Roebuck said:

Cheaper than what, like e.g Harry you mean? My guess is that Lego pays a licence fee for every set they sell or maybe a total fee for the right to use the licence or both. Anyway the number of minifigs in sets do not affect the license cost, if Harry was a lot more pricey to include than the DP photographer they would not put him in every set :tongue:

Or do you mean CMF compared to sets? If so I assume the cost is the same, but the CMF has a higher budget so they can make more new moulds :shrug_oh_well:

The first, yes, thank you. Basically I was wondering if there were some sort of formula driving design choices: Harry might cost more in licensing fees, but bring more in profits, say... I would assume no one is purchasing DA for the photographer, but the twins, Lockhart and Lucius, on the other hand, might factor into the purchasing decision process.  

CMF, I gather, are more expensive than the figs in sets anyway due to new moulds, or prints or accessories. (And what’s the result called when they use the two colour extrusion process for the moulds? Was that dual-moulded?)

Edited by krimimimi

Seen the pictures of the new figures - not really keen on the gold figures? They're alright but I would have preferred inclusions of older figures like with the SW wave in 2019; the only reason I can think of for not doing this is the necessity to bring back discontinued molds (not sure if Harry's original hair piece is discontinued but I don't think Hermoine's has been in a set for at least a decade. Ron's is still in production though) but if that was the case then I think figures with the newer molds but detailing in the style of classic figures would have been a good middle ground, if that makes sense.

The cat Hermione figure is fantastic, but seems weird to me that Lego went out of their way to make a new mold for something seen in the film for a couple of seconds whilst sacrificing on detail on more important characters in other sets (not printing Bellatrix's legs/reusing the Mantis head, using Generic Villain face #14 for Lucius). I'm guessing that the lower part count allows a greater budget for the figures but several of the figures in the Burrow still seem lazy to me, especially considering these sacrifices weren't made in the 2010 wave.

Edited by TheAbsoluteSt81

On 4/4/2021 at 5:26 AM, Prometheus87 said:

Ah this is a nice question, and I have thought about it for my wish/speculation list.
The version I would most want to see of the trio in the next CMF is from DH1 when the Minister of Magic reads Dumbledore’s will and hands out their items: 

The outfits are useful for customs and are not exactly the same to a potential Wedding set but more importantly the accessories they could have would give us a lot of the items involved in the story of that movie, and the other bonus is that they don’t need new moulds so the rest of the figures of the series would be better overall for that too:

The Deluminator for Ron (the duel-moulded friends pen in silver etc would be ideal). https://images.app.goo.gl/DjCmyg6bEvwzBucq8

The Story book for Hermione (new prints front cover and internal page with the DH symbol next to the text). They could also give her her magical bead bag.

The snitch again for Harry. They could also give him the broken piece of mirror from DH2 (just a printed triangle tile will do).

In the same CMF Rufus Scrimgeour could also take up a slot with a suitcase and the will itself as a printed tile. I think collecting these 4 figures together would be a fun addition to the Burrow set.

My nightmare trio would be Herbology versions: tolerable only if they all came with something other than Mandrakes: books or a new Venomous Tentacula plant mould and pot with an internal stud to secure things to.

Edited by Bugbot20082

1 minute ago, Balrogofmorgoth said:

Those golden figures are looking good, I love the gold minifig stands

I miss the dumbledore...

They really chose the worst Snape design they had at their disposal huh? 

These figures don't do anything for me, I guess some of the hairpieces are nice to get in gold :def_shrug:

The most interesting thing about this image is that it was revealed by the official Wizarding World Instagram, could we expect official setpictures sooner than usual? 

The question is, where do Quirrel and Snape come in? One of them is definitely in the Chess set, probably Quirrel. But Snape?

I hope they reveal all the sets soon enough if they revealed those.

2 minutes ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

The question is, where do Quirrel and Snape come in? One of them is definitely in the Chess set, probably Quirrel. But Snape?

Quirrels background looks like where the flying lesson takes place.

4 minutes ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

But Snape?

I believe background might be the answer, but I can't figure out what it is

Edited by Legofania

4 minutes ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

Quirrel should be in the Chess set. 

1 minute ago, doclord said:

Quirrels background looks like where the flying lesson takes place.

Well we know it's quidditch related set