Captain Nemo

Harry Potter 2021 - Rumors & Discussion

OK, right now, my guess for the D2C is either Grimmauld Place or Ministry of Magic. And I am here for it.

OK, I just forgot that they said this year is focused on years 1-2. So my guess is a Hogwarts grounds/Castle mash up thing.

4 hours ago, sebastian666 said:

As @Guyon2002 already pointed out, Harry, Ron, and Hermione are the faces of this franchise. If we ever get another CMF and these three are not include, I will be the one eating my hat. Besides, there are lots of variants of the golden trio that we still have not received.

I literally can’t even with this comment... Like... what? “How do we teach boys to hit on girls?” Certainly not with a rapey cartoon skunk from 1945 called Pepe La Pew. How about men have meaningful conversations with boys about dating and relationships and the concept of consent? And how is this even an appropriate comment in the LEGO Harry Potter 2021 thread? Maybe you can start a new forum for LEGO Looney Tunes and talk about your love of La Pew there. Back to topic please.

It is a bit off topic it was just that I was unaware that people thought of pepe or speedy gonzalez as controversial. Its just too bad people are getting so soft and trying to look for problems where there arent any.

36 minutes ago, BrickFunatic said:

OK, right now, my guess for the D2C is either Grimmauld Place or Ministry of Magic. And I am here for it.

OK, I just forgot that they said this year is focused on years 1-2. So my guess is a Hogwarts grounds/Castle mash up thing.

I doubt the D2C needs to stick with the anniversary theme. I hoping its a mini figure play set and it can only be certain things if it is.

Some options are:

1. Large Quidditch set or world cup set. I think a full quidditch pitch set would look cool but might be a nightmare to display. 

2. Ministry of Magic. Could do lobby and an offices and orb room and fight scene where Sirius dies. Would be vignettes really as the building is underground. Cloud city type set.

3. Malfoy manor. Larger table, fireplace and dungeon. Not sure about this one, don't think it needs to be this big.

4. Grimmauld place. Think this doesn't need this budget to be made, could be done similar to Privet drive budget.

5. Diagon Alley extension. Well Gringotts anyway and possible inclusion of any of the missing buildings. Think it would need to be more than just the bank for this budget. 

6. Motorised train. Train sets can always be upgraded to fit the budget. 

7. Some parts of Hogwarts. Not really sure what they would do but they could do something like the Battle of Hogwarts in the courtyard, They really can't do any courtyards that would fit with the existing sets but this one off could be a display piece. 

8. Durmstrang ship with tasks. Could be a cool set but I don't think it needs this budget. Much better as smaller set/sets

Well that's all I can think of, anyone else got more options other than a sock :)

17 minutes ago, Juve said:

It is a bit off topic it was just that I was unaware that people thought of pepe or speedy gonzalez as controversial. Its just too bad people are getting so soft and trying to look for problems where there arent any.

Please go to facebook to discuss this rubbish. This is a Harry potter forum not a cancel culture outrage forum. 

Why is it so hard for you guys to keep your political opinions to yourselves? There’s so many other places to talk about it, why here? For crying out loud...

2 hours ago, RODDY said:

Why is it so hard for you guys to keep your political opinions to yourselves? There’s so many other places to talk about it, why here? For crying out loud...

And it's not even HP related. He's been reported by many people. 

To get back on topic - 

Since the trio would most likely be in CMF 3 - what versions would most people be excited about seeing? 

Azkaban would be a really interesting D2C to receive. I doubt it's likely as it doesn't play the largest role and is on the dark side, but the architecture is really eye-catching!

15 minutes ago, Prometheus87 said:

Since the trio would most likely be in CMF 3 - what versions would most people be excited about seeing? 

Quidditch World Cup?  Most other unmade versions would probably fit better in sets.

6 minutes ago, Childe_Roland said:

Azkaban would be a really interesting D2C to receive. I doubt it's likely as it doesn't play the largest role and is on the dark side, but the architecture is really eye-catching!

Azkaban seems like it's going to have a role in the Hogwarts Legacy game, which may or may not help it's chances of getting a set later on, but I'd be surprised if that were anytime soon.

1 hour ago, Prometheus87 said:

And it's not even HP related. He's been reported by many people. 

To get back on topic - 

Dont care if its in a set, cmf, moments or what. But i need Hermione in the wedding dress before the theme ends.

1 hour ago, spiderfan2000 said:

Azkaban seems like it's going to have a role in the Hogwarts Legacy game, which may or may not help it's chances of getting a set later on, but I'd be surprised if that were anytime soon.

Really? I hadn't heard much about the game TBH. I'm sure the game will be really fulfilling in terms of the lore added and expounded upon. It would be interesting if some lego sets were to come from that line, though I wonder if there is any likihood. Here's to hoping, as it would add some nice variety!

6 hours ago, Micmac said:

I doubt the D2C needs to stick with the anniversary theme. I hoping its a mini figure play set and it can only be certain things if it is.

Some options are:

1. Large Quidditch set or world cup set. I think a full quidditch pitch set would look cool but might be a nightmare to display. 

2. Ministry of Magic. Could do lobby and an offices and orb room and fight scene where Sirius dies. Would be vignettes really as the building is underground. Cloud city type set.

3. Malfoy manor. Larger table, fireplace and dungeon. Not sure about this one, don't think it needs to be this big.

4. Grimmauld place. Think this doesn't need this budget to be made, could be done similar to Privet drive budget.

5. Diagon Alley extension. Well Gringotts anyway and possible inclusion of any of the missing buildings. Think it would need to be more than just the bank for this budget. 

6. Motorised train. Train sets can always be upgraded to fit the budget. 

7. Some parts of Hogwarts. Not really sure what they would do but they could do something like the Battle of Hogwarts in the courtyard, They really can't do any courtyards that would fit with the existing sets but this one off could be a display piece. 

8. Durmstrang ship with tasks. Could be a cool set but I don't think it needs this budget. Much better as smaller set/sets

Well that's all I can think of, anyone else got more options other than a sock :)

Please go to facebook to discuss this rubbish. This is a Harry potter forum not a cancel culture outrage forum. 

I don't think Grimmauld's place would translate well if it had a similar budget to Privet drive since it's a relatively big building, but as the D2C it could work.

Edited by yousif6224

To try and narrow it down what the D2C could be if we assume it is from the two first movies and maybe related to the sets 20 years ago in minifig scale:

1. 4709: Hogwarts Castle, yes several parts in 76389

2. 4708: Hogwarts Express, no so it could be the D2C

3. 4707: Hagrid's Hut, no, but to small unless they make a forbidden forest D2C and include it

4. 4706: Forbidden Corridor, yes probably everything in 76387

5. 4704: The Room of the Winged Keys, yes the chess in 76392 maybe the rest in 76387

6. 4705: Snape's Class, not in summer, but we got it this year in 76383: Hogwarts Moment: Potions Class

7. 4723: Diagon Alley Shops, no so hopefully the D2C however the AC 76390 could have parts of it

8. 4721: Hogwarts Classrooms, not in summer, but only pick  one of the Hogwarts Moment set from this year

9. 4722: Gryffindor House, no but parts of it could be included anyway not the D2C since the 3 other houses would go crazy

10. 4702: The Final Challenge, we get Quirrell at least, maybe even the mirror in a set

11. 4701: Sorting Hat, maybe we get the hat mould in a set anyway not a D2C

12. 4730: The Chamber of Secrets, yes in 76389

13. 4729: Dumbledore's Office, could be part of it in the other sets at least the figs, anyway no D2C most likely

14. 4728: Escape from Privet Drive, no, but parts could be in the AC 76390, not the D2C anyway

15. 4714: Gringott's bank, no so hopefully the D2C however the AC 76390 could have parts of it

16. 4727: Aragog in the Dark Forest, no, but to small unless they make a forbidden forest D2C and include it

17. 4733: The Dueling Club, no do not think so, but we get most of the figs and no way it is a D2C

18. 4726: Quidditch Practice, sound like we are getting something similar with Hooch at least, so probably not the D2C

19. 4735: Slytherin, not exactly, but we get the scene before in 76386 with similar figs, anyway not the D2C since the 3 other houses would go crazy

20. 4712: Troll on the Loose, no, but get everything beside the troll and hardly think that is a troll D2C

21. 4731: Dobby's Release, no and the sock is a popular D2C suggestion however unlikely

22. 4711: Flying Lesson, maybe we will get it or something related, anyway no D2C

So what are we missing from the 2 first films this year:

• 4 Privet Drive and The Burrow (got both last year so no)

• Diagon Alley we got it last year, but there are a lot missing and would be fantastic if we got more buildings to add on

• Hogwarts Express have not gotten it since 2018 and is a likely D2C candidate, but would be a boring choice even it is the best HE we have ever gotten

• Hagrid's Hut and every forbidden forest scene is missing it would make a fantastic D2C if they do not make the "assault on Hoth" mistake again however so far they have prefered to make small sets from the FF

• Quidditch, maybe missing, and it would be a very colourful D2C, but a rather boring build I would guess

• Dobby's sock never happening

• What else are missing?

3 hours ago, Prometheus87 said:

I'm not going to suggest any DH figures as we don't have the sets yet, but I'd like either winter clothes trio or MoM hearing Harry, Quidditch Ron and pre-sorted uniform Hermione. 

14 minutes ago, Roebuck said:

So what are we missing from the 2 first films this year:

• 4 Privet Drive and The Burrow (got both last year so no)

• Diagon Alley we got it last year, but there are a lot missing and would be fantastic if we got more buildings to add on

• Hogwarts Express have not gotten it since 2018 and is a likely D2C candidate, but would be a boring choice even it is the best HE we have ever gotten

• Hagrid's Hut and every forbidden forest scene is missing it would make a fantastic D2C if they do not make the "assault on Hoth" mistake again however so far they have prefered to make small sets from the FF

• Quidditch, maybe missing, and it would be a very colourful D2C, but a rather boring build I would guess

• Dobby's sock never happening

• What else are missing?

To me at least it would seem reasonable to suggest that the D2C came from the PoA or later, perhaps even Deathly Hallows themed, rather than just locked in the first two movies. Lego would then get to kill two birds with one stone, provide a DH set and complete their nostalgia wave. They've done this a bunch of times with Star Wars though admittedly Lego does often release the films together in waves but occasionally they prioritise the OG trilogy but still release a prequel set. 

Edited by Ringwraith

9 hours ago, Captain Nemo said:

I’m getting way too many reports coming out of this thread. 

Wait do people actually take the time to report on a thread about a LEGO Harry Potter theme?

We got a bunch of President Business’s here lol

Edited by Modal

25 minutes ago, Ringwraith said:

To me at least it would seem reasonable to suggest that the D2C came from the PoA or later, perhaps even Deathly Hallows themed, rather than just locked in the first two movies. 

Since everything released this year is so heavily focused on PS/CoS (except Hogsmeade that is), I’d be very surprised if the D2C set wasn’t :shrug_oh_well: 

I mean, they‘re taking the anniversary VERY seriously. Remember when we thought they‘d only do a handful of anniversary-themed GWP sets and the rest would be normal sets? Good times... :laugh:

10 minutes ago, Lego-Freak said:

Since everything released this year is so heavily focused on PS/CoS (except Hogsmeade that is), I’d be very surprised if the D2C set wasn’t :shrug_oh_well: 

I mean, they‘re taking the anniversary VERY seriously. Remember when we thought they‘d only do a handful of anniversary-themed GWP sets and the rest would be normal sets? Good times... :laugh:

D2C isnt usually connected with actual wave. Look on the SW UCS.... 

7 minutes ago, Modal said:

$50 and a chocolate hat that the D2C is a Technic Ford Anglia. Sorry to spoil it @Guyon2002 and @Falconfan1414

Why Technic though instead of the Creator Expert style? And that could easily be done for $150 btw :tongue:

1 minute ago, KA1 said:

D2C isnt usually connected with actual wave. Look on the SW UCS.... 

My point is that it would be weird if the D2C set was based on the later films in a year that‘s so heavily dominated by the first two instalments :tongue:

4 minutes ago, Lego-Freak said:

My point is that it would be weird if the D2C set was based on the later films in a year that‘s so heavily dominated by the first two instalments :tongue:

I am not sure now but how many movies are included in the diagon alley... 1st 2nd 5th for sure ...

7 minutes ago, Lego-Freak said:

And that could easily be done for $150 btw :tongue:

But this one is like really REALLY big

9 minutes ago, KA1 said:

I am not sure now but how many movies are included in the diagon alley... 1st 2nd 5th for sure ...

Well that was last year when the HP sets where normal:tongue:

45 minutes ago, Roebuck said:

Well that was last year when the HP sets where normal:tongue:

I speak about D2C at general like SW etc

1 minute ago, ZeLuiz08 said:

Could someone tell me what is D2C?

Direct to customer. Mostly lego use this for bigger set which are exlusive only for legoshops not resellers like amazon, tesco etc 

3 minutes ago, ZeLuiz08 said:

Could someone tell me what is D2C?

Direct to consumer, i.e. sets exclusively sold through s@h and LEGO stores for a specific timeframe. After that, they‘re available at selected retailers as well

Edit: Ninja‘d

Edited by Lego-Freak