Captain Nemo

Harry Potter 2021 - Rumors & Discussion

While I'd love to get a UCS Hogwarts Express at some point, that April Fools set was a pretty obvious fake. They'd never include that many students in one set, especially since that would require several tranicars to fit them all, plus we know Golden Quirrell is coming in the Chamber of Secrets.

2 minutes ago, Retro Brick Reviews said:

plus we know Golden Quirrell is coming in the Chamber of Secrets.

I think that's up in the air, isn't it? Could still be Voldemort.

9 minutes ago, BrickFunatic said:

Yeah it remains to be seen if the August sets (which per Brick Clicker could possibly still be June sets) have golden minifigures.

If a golden Dumbledore or other character leaks from a factory I feel that means we can be certain more sets come with golden minifigures than the 4 we definitely know of. 

2 minutes ago, Darth Shadowthrone said:

Yeah it remains to be seen if the August sets (which per Brick Clicker could possibly still be June sets) have golden minifigures.

If a golden Dumbledore or other character leaks from a factory I feel that means we can be certain more sets come with golden minifigures than the 4 we definitely know of. 

The chess set has a golden minifig so yeah :wink:

3 minutes ago, Brick Clicker said:

Do you know if any other August set comes with one? 

6 minutes ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

Do you know if any other August set comes with one? 

I would guess if all the June sets and at least one of the August sets do then they all will..

Well, since we now know that the August wave will be very budget-friendly in terms of new moulds, prints, and recoloured parts, a golden Hagrid shouldn’t be too much to ask for :tongue:

56 minutes ago, BrickFunatic said:

The odds of them making both Quirrell and GoF Voldy as golden figures is quite low. Voldy wouldn't fit with the rest of the golden cast, who are all from the first film.

40 minutes ago, Brick Clicker said:

Neat! I imagine it'll have a golden Snape, and the D2C, as we all expect, will have the legendary Golden Dumbledore. Add in a Golden Draco in a Flying Lesson set (see below), and we'd have the full 2001 LEGO HP cast in gold (except Hagrid, since they wouldn't recolor four molds just for him, and Peeves, because he's not in the films).

As mentioned above, I'm pretty sure the $30 August set will be a minifig-scale Flying Lesson, a retail exclusive Anniversary set to release in June with the others, with Hooch, Harry, Neville, and a golden Draco. (And maybe Wood, but that might be wishful thinking.)

Firstly, while FF confirmed it wouldn't be a buildable Snitch or broom, and then he started dropping hints toward a Remembrall, he never explicitly said it'd be a buildable Remembrall- I checked. We're getting a Remembrall, but not necessarily brickbuilt. Similarly, after confirming there would not be a brickbuilt Snitch, he started hinting that there would be a Quidditch set with a Snitch, but not just a Snitch. This leads me to believe that one of the sets will include a Quidditch ball chest, since that would fit both parameters.

Secondly, a Remembrall is a glass ball full of red fog, which you really can't build in LEGO without having it chock full of ugly edges and 45⁰ slopes in place of roundness.

Thirdly, Hooch isn't a sensible figure to have with that or any buildable set, and isn't mainstream enough to headline a set in any case.

Fourthly, if this set was an Anniversary set actually releasing in June, as opposed to August, it would explain how the Hooch figure has already leaked, way before any other August pieces.

Fifthly and finally, when KNN "leaked" that the $30 set would be a Moments Quidditch lesson, Guyon had to check with his sources. If the set was a buildable Remembrall, he wouldn't have had to check- he'd have immediately known it was fake. But, it's definitely possible he'd need to check if the actual set was an Anniversary Flying Lesson, as opposed to a Moments version.

So, yeah, that's a theory. If it's wrong, it'd be much appreciated if one of our appreciated leakers could definitively state whether this remaining set is for minifigures, even if they can't reveal what it actually is.

Edited by Retro Brick Reviews

7 minutes ago, Retro Brick Reviews said:

[...] except Hagrid, since they wouldn't recolor four molds just for him [...]

They were willing to create four moulds for him, so I don’t see why they wouldn’t recolour those parts for this occasion as well :laugh: Of course they’ll never be reused in that colour ever again, but the same can be said for the golden wands and hairpieces too :tongue: 

Just now, Lego-Freak said:

They were willing to create four moulds for him, so I don’t see why they wouldn’t recolour those parts for this occasion as well :laugh: Of course they’ll never be reused in that colour ever again, but the same can be said for the golden wands and hairpieces too :tongue: 

I mean, it's not impossible, it's just that it's a lot to spend on one golden figure.

Then again, Golden Dumby would require three new recolors (hair/hat, beard, robe legs), so maybe it's not that unlikely.

Aren't the moulds the same for the golden characters the same as regular ones? It's just a different colour of ABS plastic and printing design/colours?

6 minutes ago, Retro Brick Reviews said:

I mean, it's not impossible, it's just that it's a lot to spend on one golden figure.

It is, I don’t deny that. But the August wave appears to be very inexpensive budget-wise as mentioned above, so they should have had enough resources to go that extra mile :laugh:

3 minutes ago, Brick Clicker said:

Aren't the moulds the same for the golden characters the same as regular ones? It's just a different colour of ABS plastic and printing design/colours?

Yes, but recolours are pretty expensive too. Not as costly as new moulds of course, but still not cheap either :classic:

Edited by Lego-Freak

49 minutes ago, Retro Brick Reviews said:

This leads me to believe that one of the sets will include a Quidditch ball chest, since that would fit both parameters.

Falconfan also said it won't be a brick-built ball chest though so 🤷‍♂️

Edited by YetiZombie
clarity

9 minutes ago, YetiZombie said:

Falconfan also said it won't be a brick-built ball chest though so 🤷‍♂️

I wouldn't consider a minifig-scale ball chest in a Flying Lesson set to be brickbuilt, though I suppose that technically the chest itself would qualify, as it is two interlocking pieces.

2 hours ago, BrickFunatic said:

Golden Quirell has a two sided head to become Golden Voldemort.  They are the same figure.

Edited by karrit

8 minutes ago, Otherworld said:

Awe, not gonna lie I kind of liked the idea of that Hogwarts Express.

Why though? Genuinely curious, because we already have a good Hogwarts Express set and that minifig selection was just dreadful :laugh: I mean 17 minifigs and not a single new character?! That’s an impressively poor selection 

Edited by Lego-Freak

14 minutes ago, Lego-Freak said:

Why though? Genuinely curious, because we already have a good Hogwarts Express set and that minifig selection was just dreadful :laugh: I mean 17 minifigs and not a single new character?! That’s an impressively poor selection 

I agree. If it included characters from all across the films (especially the Death eaters that stopped the train in DH1) that would be a different story

26 minutes ago, Lego-Freak said:

Well, if this is bad I was expecting even worse, so this came as a sort of relief lmao. Plus I haven’t even bought the 2018 one so..

10 hours ago, Textorix said:

Omg same, minifigures and creatures are so great in this wave but Hogwarts buildings are just terrible :D 

The problem is that if you want all the minifigures and Basilisk from Chamber of Secrets set it would cost maybe even $80 so in that case its really hard to decide if it wouldnt better to buy whole set, it depends if you find great deal. For example I found all minifigures from Burrow set just for $40 but that was only $100 set, this one is $140 and will have moulded Basilisk and potentionaly much better minifigures so the price might be twice as high. Forbbiden Corridor is really tricky as I can see that one somehow work with my 2018-2020 Hogwarts layout if I change roofs for dark grey. I expect that the trio minifigures will go for $3-4 each but the Fluffy is gonna be expansive (from $10 to $15). With the bathroom set I recommend you just buy that set because its so cheap that if you bought minifigures separately, you wouldnt save any money.

Thanks everyone else for your thoughts too. I guess we’ll have to wait and see. 
that’s if the design for fluffy is good, I didn’t get grawp or the horntail as I didn’t like them being all brickbuilt. 
I did have the old basilisk back in the day and like the look of the new one.  I think in terms of the Chamber of secrets set it has a lot of new figures and creatures that it might be cheaper buying the whole set and maybe selling the build or something. Lockhart is usually expensive and the new teacher will probably be too not to mention the Cornish pixie and basilisk itself! 

So the guy that said that there will be a Gringotts this year as the D2C seems to have been the first to get his hands on the Looney Tunes cmf sheet. Maybe he really does know something we don’t?

7 minutes ago, Brickroll said:

So the guy that said that there will be a Gringotts this year as the D2C seems to have been the first to get his hands on the Looney Tunes cmf sheet. Maybe he really does know something we don’t?

Well, there haven't been any reputable leakers that have confirmed Gringotts as the D2C this year, and as far we know it can be anything.

Edited by yousif6224
I hadn't probably quoted the person I was replying too

8 minutes ago, yousif6224 said:

Well, there haven't been any reputable leakers that have confirmed Gringotts as the D2C this year, and as far we know it can be anything.

Yes because I guess most of the leakers dont know anything about D2C set so the chances for Gringotts are getting higher and higher

16 minutes ago, Brickroll said:

Yeah thats a good sign

Edited by Textorix

Falcon fan has to know something about the D2C if he’s already making bets on eating a hat.

No one would make a crazy bet like that if they aren’t confident on what they are betting on.

So Gringotts this year is definitely unlikely. I thought we were better than that EB!

34 minutes ago, Brickroll said:

Oh don't say that - it makes it feel more possible and yet ... Every other leaker says probably not. The confusion is real. :wall: