Captain Nemo

Harry Potter 2021 - Rumors & Discussion

16 hours ago, Metanoios91 said:

We knew this from the prelim picture of the 3D-printed prototype piece already.

Um, no, we didn't. We had only guesses but weren't sure

If a miniature appears in a minifigure pack does that mean we are unlikely to get them in a set? As has Lego started getting onto the Goblet of Fire and beyond, and as Mad Eye is a fairly key character I was wondering what are the chances we will get the minifigure version of him again as it was superbly done in the minifigure series 

Edited by Ringwraith

Just now, Ringwraith said:

If a miniature appears in a minifigure pack does that mean we are unlikely to get them in a set?

Dobby and Sprout say hi :laugh:

1 minute ago, Ringwraith said:

I was wondering what are the chances we will get the minifigure version of him again as it was superbly done in the minifugre series 

I definitely wouldn’t mind him showing up again in a future set, preferably based on OotP or DH (basically the real Moody, not his impostor) :classic:

1 minute ago, Lego-Freak said:

Dobby and Sprout say hi :laugh:

I definitely wouldn’t mind him showing up again in a future set, preferably based on OotP or DH (basically the real Moody, not his impostor) :classic:

Oh of course I completely forgot about those two :classic: 

I think he (good old Alistair) is due another appearance or more accurately an appearance in these waves 

3 hours ago, Legofania said:

Um, no, we didn't. We had only guesses but weren't sure

I was not guessing when I made this post. I was absolute sure ;)

5 hours ago, Ringwraith said:

Oh of course I completely forgot about those two :classic: 

Not to mention Cho & Cedric.  Plus all the main characters.  Since Moody was in several movies I would expect we will definitely see him again.  The CMF was really meant to portray a polyjuiced Barry Crouch Jr.

I hope there are some more leaks coming soon, but just wanted to pick your brains, I’m not really interested in purchasing the castle sets of the June wave but want the figures, fluffy and the basilisk.

How much do you think we could see fluffy and the basilisk being sold for on bricklink / brickowl or ebay?

(just trying to get my budget in order after to much spending in lockdown) 😂

2 hours ago, HarryPotterguy said:

I hope there are some more leaks coming soon, but just wanted to pick your brains, I’m not really interested in purchasing the castle sets of the June wave but want the figures, fluffy and the basilisk.

How much do you think we could see fluffy and the basilisk being sold for on bricklink / brickowl or ebay?

(just trying to get my budget in order after to much spending in lockdown) 😂

Omg same, minifigures and creatures are so great in this wave but Hogwarts buildings are just terrible :D 

The problem is that if you want all the minifigures and Basilisk from Chamber of Secrets set it would cost maybe even $80 so in that case its really hard to decide if it wouldnt better to buy whole set, it depends if you find great deal. For example I found all minifigures from Burrow set just for $40 but that was only $100 set, this one is $140 and will have moulded Basilisk and potentionaly much better minifigures so the price might be twice as high. Forbbiden Corridor is really tricky as I can see that one somehow work with my 2018-2020 Hogwarts layout if I change roofs for dark grey. I expect that the trio minifigures will go for $3-4 each but the Fluffy is gonna be expansive (from $10 to $15). With the bathroom set I recommend you just buy that set because its so cheap that if you bought minifigures separately, you wouldnt save any money.

Edited by Textorix

I agree with @Textorix. With sets like these, it’s probably more cost-efficient to buy the sets, extract the minifigs and either absorb the parts into your collection or sell them on bricklink :classic: Some people do buy incomplete sets, depending on the discount. To me at least, paying 100$ for a set you’re only interested in for the minifigs sounds a lot better than paying 50$ only for those minifigs :laugh:

Saving money can still be saving money if you're getting exactly what you want and nothing else that's going to sit in a cupboard unused. I know it's not quite the same as what's been discussed with buying ALL the minifigures from a set, but I for instance paid $13 for a Buckbeak. Now that's a fair percentage of the set cost, but I didn't particularly care about any of the other minifigures and have no space for another Hagrid's Hut, so it would've just gone straight into storage. That's a win to me: I paid less than buying the whole set and got exactly what I wanted.

With the new Hogwarts Castle set, I personally doubt I'll want all of the minifigures, but if there are a couple I really want I'd happily pick those up even if they're a bit expensive rather than paying a lot more for something I maybe might use sometime (but in reality probably won't).

I absolutely agree with @Clone OPatra.

If I only care about the minfigures in a certain set, and I can buy them for $25 (let's say), it makes more sense than buying the set for $40.

I can either save that $15 or use it to buy another set.

6 hours ago, PotterBlocks said:

I hope no legit leaks come today because I'm not gonna believe anything I see in the next 12 hours.

You can just imagine:

Press release from The LEGO Group and Warner Brothers: We're pleased to announce that 2021 brings one our greatest Harry Potter sets ever. A marvelous 3,413 piece model of Dobby's Sock. Part of our Ultimate Collector's Series, the sick will be brick built using a new colour called ultra white, for that freshly washed feel.

And then they announce that is an April fool's joke. In fact the sock will be made from tan pieces instead.

:laugh:

7 minutes ago, Brick Clicker said:

76391 Hogwarts Express

Includes 3634 pieces

Minifigures: Harry Potter, Ron Weasley, Hermione Granger, Neville Longbottom,

Draco Malfoy, Seamus Finnegan, Vincent Crabbe, Gregory Goyle, Dean Thomas,

Susan Bones, Padma Patil, Parvati Patil, Justin Finch-Fletchley, Hannah Abbot,

Rubeus Hagrid, Trolly Witch, Golden Professor Quirrell

US $249.99 - DE/FR €$249.99 - UK £199.99

Let's hope this isn't an april fools lol

Well I guess we’ll see if the info is still up tomorrow lol

Yeah it's  an April fools joke as very detailed info for a set a while off but would be cool if not lol

Edited by Brick Clicker

17 minutes ago, Brick Clicker said:

Yeah it's probs an April fools joke as very detailed info for a set a while off but would be cool if not lol

I kinda hope it is April Fools. While a larger Hogwarts would be cool, it's a set that's been done a lot. I would much prefer they bring something new to the table or something made less often. I would love to see a 12 Grimmauld place at the $250 prince point. But I guess we'll see. ;)

Just to clear up the Hogwarts express its fake sorry if I got anyones hopes up lol... I got April fooled for a little while :laugh_hard:

12 minutes ago, Balrogofmorgoth said:

Am I the only one who thinks that April fools set didn’t sound that good? Didn’t include anything we don’t already have

No, I’m with you. I’m glad today is April 1st, because I would’ve outright HATED that set idea :laugh: