Captain Nemo

Harry Potter 2021 - Rumors & Discussion

I have an idea for how the chess set could turn out I sketched it out on ms paint can I post it here, I'm wondering because it may be considered a leak to some even though I haven't seen official images for the set

10 minutes ago, Roebuck said:

Well if it is a normal chess set it most likely will not connect to the other sets, so problem solved :tongue:

That sounds big, are they only using 8x8 plates with studs then *huh* Any news on the moulded horses?!

A standard chess board is an 8 x 8 grid making 64 positions on a chess board.  It's most likely the grid will be made up of 4x4 stud size squares.  This would perfectly fit a 32x32 base plate or 4 16x16 of the heavier system plates attached together which is the same as the base for the Ludo game they sold for $40.  It came with 16 minifigs & 4 small side builds that were part of the board.  The current Lego Chess set is being sold for $55.  All 32 chess pieces in it are brick built with a minimum of 6 parts and has a huge base beneath it and it is also 32x32 studs.  I don't think it's unreasonable to expect the HP chess to be a mix of minifigs & brick built pieces and be a complete chess set.  There is no need for it to attach to any of the other anniversary sets.

7 minutes ago, Brick Clicker said:

Yup it doesn't seem to be connecting to hogwarts 

Did you guys saw the set or its just description you have been given?

Just now, Brick Clicker said:

Yup it doesn't seem to be connecting to hogwarts 

what 😃I was really hoping it would connect to the other Hogwarts expansions, let it be the 20th-anniversary ones or the 2018-2020 ones, though I understand why it not connecting may be the case, it's just unlike lego to make something of that scale that can also connect, overall I was really hoping that lego would make it so that at least it would be optional if you wanted to connect it but I understand why they decided not to

18 minutes ago, living_off_lego said:

I have an idea for how the chess set could turn out I sketched it out on ms paint can I post it here, I'm wondering because it may be considered a leak to some even though I haven't seen official images for the set

That isn't considered a leak so feel free to post. I'd be interested in seeing it!

Just because it's stand alone doesn't mean there's nothing next to the board that makes it look like a piece of the castle.

However the piece count is very low. The current chess set contains 1450 pieces for the same price. It does have a thick board for storage. But this one can't be much more than a chessboard according to the piece count.

3 minutes ago, YetiZombie said:

That isn't considered a leak so feel free to post. I'd be interested in seeing it!

I know it's drawn poorly, but I think this would solve the issue of it being only the chessboard (edit:the facade would probably be a lot taller and would not use a lot of pieces and would have little to no detail on the inside) 

Screenshot 2021-03-29 11.37.53 AM.png

Edited by living_off_lego
clarification

1 hour ago, Brick Clicker said:

Expect 2 rows of chess peices on each side too...

thanks for the info. I guess this is the minimum we should expect for a ‘real’ chess set. The fact it will only have the two rows in between (rather than 4) is ok, as that part can no doubt be easily moded if people want the full experience.

41 minutes ago, karrit said:

A standard chess board is an 8 x 8 grid making 64 positions on a chess board.  It's most likely the grid will be made up of 4x4 stud size squares.

I misunderstood, I thought the was talking about 8X8 studs not 8X8 grid :blush:

28 minutes ago, TheInvisibleMan said:

The fact it will only have the two rows in between (rather than 4) is ok

?*huh*

Expect something like the pirates chess board from a few years back but no side builds... 2 rows of chess pieces on each side... 8x8 grid so 48 squares... And nothing amazing for the minifig selection 

2 minutes ago, Brick Clicker said:

Expect something like the pirates chess board from a few years back but no side builds... 2 rows of chess pieces on each side... 8x8 grid so 48 squares... And nothing amazing for the minifig selection 

Any idea of the Lego stud dimensions of it?

2 minutes ago, Brick Clicker said:

Is this confirmation or is it a rumor

3 minutes ago, Brick Clicker said:

Don't you mean 64? :tongue:

1 minute ago, Lego-Freak said:

Don't you mean 64? :tongue:

Haha yeah that's my poor maths ablitiy :blush::laugh_hard:

4 minutes ago, BrickFunatic said:

Any idea of the Lego stud dimensions of it?

It's either 32x32 or 48x48 I'm not 100% sure which yet sorry

3 minutes ago, Brick Clicker said:

As I said earlier, 8x8 = 64.  There should be 64 squares to make a complete Chess Board.  Leaving out 2 rows of squares would make it an unplayable game.  The pieces needed to complete the grid are minimal in the overall build.

11 minutes ago, Brick Clicker said:

Ok this to me definitely suggests the chess pieces are going to be brick-built and there will probably just be the 3 trio figures, with a fourth maximum (probably a golden figure or Quirrel at best) 

Honestly I see the chess figures being brick-built using lots of small pieces and maybe even the Lego Games microfigure piece - really doubt the chess pieces are going to be bigger than a minifigure

27 minutes ago, Roebuck said:

?*huh*

Were you confused at my use of the word ´fact’? Figure of speech. Based on what Brick Clicker has indicated, we’ll only have 6 rows on the board, which while not very accurate, is easy enough to modify to give you the full 8 standard rows

Edited by TheInvisibleMan

10 minutes ago, TheInvisibleMan said:

Were you confused at my use of the word ´fact’? Figure of speech. Based on what Brick Clicker has indicated, we’ll only have 6 rows on the board, which while not very accurate, is easy enough to modify to give you the full 8 standard rows

There is two rows of chess pieces on each side then 4 empty rows in the middle as there is 8 rows on the board 😁

26 minutes ago, Brick Clicker said:

And nothing amazing for the minifig selection 

any chanse of a not-gold Quirell, perhaps in brown clothes..?

1 minute ago, Lego-Freak said:

A golden minifig by any chance? :laugh:

I mean it would be a "golden" touch :shrug_oh_well:

Edited by Brick Clicker

20 minutes ago, Darth Shadowthrone said:

really doubt the chess pieces are going to be bigger than a minifigure

Well...