Captain Nemo

Harry Potter 2021 - Rumors & Discussion

16 minutes ago, Textorix said:

And I dont know why people are so sure its going to be fully playable chess. If its supposed to be able to connect with other Hogwarts sets then dont expect to get full chess board because the scale of other sets just doesnt allow it. I am sure there are a lot of people who would lose their interest if it was just a chess board rather than playset based on that scene.

Potential market if it's a full chess set that can connect to the back of the castle wall:

LEGO Harry Potter fans who are collecting the Anniversary castle

LEGO Harry Potter fans who aren't collecting the Anniversary castle but still like the set on it's own

Chess fans

Casual Harry Potter fans

LEGO fans who don't own a LEGO chess game

Potential market if it's a small cutoff chess area in an Anniversary castle section:

LEGO Harry Potter fans who are collecting the Anniversary castle

LEGO's not stupid, they know that one of these will sell much better than the other. Not to mention that the whole idea of the August wave seems to be different styles of sets to appeal to new audiences. They wouldn't have all these different 18+ buildable gimmick sets, and then one Anniversary playset.

Edited by Retro Brick Reviews
Clarity

32 minutes ago, Guyon2002 said:

Who said it's supposed to connect with the other Hogwarts set?

I think that Falconfan suggested it but if you have some more information feel free to correct it

Anyways I am not really interested in this set whatever its going to be playable chess or Hogwarts playset based on chess scene because in terms of minifigures it really doesnt have much to offer besides trio

Edited by Textorix

21 minutes ago, Textorix said:

I think that Falconfan suggested it but if you have some more information feel free to correct it

But wasn’t that when he thought the chess set was the D2C? 

6 minutes ago, Just_a_brick said:

But wasn’t that when he thought the chess set was the D2C? 

Does it change anything about that statement? Because back then it souded kinda crazy to me that huge $250 set would connect to much smaller anniversary sets, but now when we know its just $70 set its more realistic. Therefore I warned these guys who are doing their math on how big chess board is gonna be and how we get all the figures to play chess that there is a chance it might not happen. 

Edited by Textorix

2 minutes ago, Textorix said:

Does it change anything about that statement? Because back then it souded kinda crazy to me that huge $250 would connect to much smaller anniversary sets, but now when we know its $70 set its more realistic.

Connecting with Hogwarts isn’t the issue I’m questioning. I’m just wondering why people think this set will have a side build or wall to connect to hogwarts. Piece count is high but not high enough for any sort of side build that isn’t the brick built  chess and pieces. If this was still the D2C then I wouldn’t question the inclusion of a side build but it’s not and I’m having doubts. 

Not entirely relevant to this forum, but two new Batman sets were just revealed. Correct me if I'm wrong, but I'm pretty sure these two sets are coming in June, which would mean that the Summer Reveal Season has started.

Just now, Retro Brick Reviews said:

Not entirely relevant to this forum, but two new Batman sets were just revealed. Correct me if I'm wrong, but I'm pretty sure these two sets are coming in June, which would mean that the Summer Reveal Season has started.

I thought those sets were May releases 

5 minutes ago, Just_a_brick said:

Connecting with Hogwarts isn’t the issue I’m questioning. I’m just wondering why people think this set will have a side build or wall to connect to hogwarts. Piece count is high but not high enough for any sort of side build that isn’t the brick built  chess and pieces. If this was still the D2C then I wouldn’t question the inclusion of a side build but it’s not and I’m having doubts. 

Well I hope soon we get some pictures leaked and we find out or at least we get some more detailed descriptions

Edited by Textorix

17 minutes ago, Textorix said:

Does it change anything about that statement? Because back then it souded kinda crazy to me that huge $250 set would connect to much smaller anniversary sets, but now when we know its just $70 set its more realistic. Therefore I warned these guys who are doing their math on how big chess board is gonna be and how we get all the figures to play chess that there is a chance it might not happen. 

A $250 chess set is speculated to be a Hogwarts expansion based on it's price and later turns out to be a $70 set. I think that says enough.

I have an idea for how the chess set is going to turn out I sketched it on ms paint am I allowed to put it here (I haven't seen pictures of it only based on my idea for how it'll turn out)

Based on its price? Well $250 D2C set is not something I would call expansion but whatever....$70 Whomping willow set is something I imagine under expansion :D

6 minutes ago, Brick Clicker said:

Expect 2 rows of chess peices on each side too...

Do you have some actual sources for this or its just your theory? 

Edited by Textorix

Do you have some actuall sources for this are its just your theory? 

It's not speculation or a theory it should be 8x8 and two rows of chess pieces :wink:

2 minutes ago, Brick Clicker said:

It's not speculation or a theory it should be 8x8 and two rows of chess pieces :wink:

Okay, then I understand why people are expecting full playable chess board... but if its supposed to be able to connect with other anniversary sets specially Forbidden Corridor, I really wonder how they are gonna make it work 

Edited by Textorix

4 minutes ago, Textorix said:

Based on its price? Well $250 D2C set is not something I would call expansion but whatever....$70 Whomping willow set is something I imagine under expansion :D

Do you have some actuall sources for this or its just your theory? 

well in the game chess there's usually 2 rows of pieces when the game begins ie:Chess Board Art Print by thinlinetextiles | Society6

1 minute ago, living_off_lego said:

well in the game chess there's usually 2 rows of pieces when the game begins ie:

I know but it seems too big for the scale of other sets

I thought the chess set was $60? Did something change or is it still $60? My hopes for the chess set turning out well are slightly higher now but with all the changes that have happened I am going to reserve any further comment until it leaks.

1 minute ago, Textorix said:

it is speculated that the chess set will be a full chessboard therefore it will have 2 rows or else it wouldn't be a full board 

1 minute ago, bluedog1111 said:

I thought the chess set was $60? Did something change or is it still $60? My hopes for the chess set turning out well are slightly higher now but with all the changes that have happened I am going to reserve any further comment until it leaks.

its still 60$ (I think)

Cause it’s mean to be a full chess board that can be played like a regular chess set. It was always gonna be too big since other sets weren’t designed with the big chess set in mind. 

So the Chess Set will be the same price as Hagrid's Hut. HH didn't seem very substantial - probably because it came with a big fig, a huge new mould and a light brick. 

29 minutes ago, Textorix said:

Okay, then I understand why people are expecting full playable chess board... but if its supposed to be able to connect with other anniversary sets specially Forbidden Corridor, I really wonder how they are gonna make it work 

Super easy, i'd think. The anniversary sets seem to show the "basement" being where the events happen. Logic would dictate that if they are including some fo them, you should be able to play the entire scenes of Philosopher's Stone and Chamber of Secrets. The sets would connect behind the sets with some easy connection pieces. A lesser amount set would be much easier than a 250 set to accomplish this. Taking a look at ALL former chess sets Lego has made, i can easily see this to be done (and to be a complete playable chess set). 

If the piece count is actually correct, then I can see it being less likely to connect. Perhaps too much wishful thinking now to assume that you can play out the enitre scenes. :laugh:

Edited by Prometheus87

10 minutes ago, BrickFunatic said:

So the Chess Set will be the same price as Hagrid's Hut. HH didn't seem very substantial - probably because it came with a big fig, a huge new mould and a light brick. 

that's true hagrid's hut had just under 500 pieces and it did feel quite barren bcs of the light brick, big figure, etc bumping up the price but I think the chessboard will go 1 of 2 ways (or a mix of both) either it will be much more substantial than hagrid's hut because of the rumored full chessboard and chess piece using a lot of small pieces there for increasing the piece count but not the retail price or the chessboard and chess pieces take up a lot of the piece count and that's really all that your getting in the set and it's more chessboard than Harry potter themed chessboard, overall I think that lego will be a mix of both options opting for using small pieces for the board/board pieces and giving us a true final challenge  (wow I typed a lot)

28 minutes ago, Textorix said:

Well if it is a normal chess set it most likely will not connect to the other sets, so problem solved :tongue:

35 minutes ago, Brick Clicker said:

it should be 8x8

That sounds big, are they only using 8x8 plates with studs then *huh* Any news on the moulded horses?!

43 minutes ago, Textorix said:

Which doesn't matter as it's a standalone thing.

8 minutes ago, Guyon2002 said:

Which doesn't matter as it's a standalone thing.

Is that confirmation?