Captain Nemo

Harry Potter 2021 - Rumors & Discussion

6 minutes ago, Darth Shadowthrone said:

Chocolate frog cards are interesting but I'm a bit miffed the designers didn't think of these when either Harry Potter minifigure series was out as those cards would have been a great idea then. 

Also there's a robed Harry minifigure with short legs on Instagram I saw earlier today which makes a robed Hufflepuff Justin Finch-Fletchley minifigure even more likely! :wub: I also realised if there actually are matching printed robes from Gryffindor, Hufflepuff and Slytherin that would match the 2018 wave where we got the same uniforms but with only the jumpers 

I agree the chocolate frog cards idea would have been perfect for tbe minifig series but I'm glad they're doing it now, it's such a great idea!

I have all sets since 2018 unopened .. If the cards will be real and random.. honestly i dont know what i will do... 

1 minute ago, KA1 said:

I have all sets since 2018 unopened .. If the cards will be real and random.. honestly i dont know what i will do... 

Same here, as I have no space at the moment to build them. 

6 minutes ago, mark1991t said:

I could see it being printed tiles, but build-able seems highly unlikely.

What if it's just printed cardboard cards with the characters in Lego minifig design?

Just now, Metanoios91 said:

What if it's just printed cardboard cards with the characters in Lego minifig design?

I think it's probably going to be something like that... I wouldn't get your hopes really high for them as it just seems an extra thing they've thrown in :)

3 hours ago, Bernar said:

Where? I can’t find it  (unless you are talking about the fluffy/chess ron that leaked yesterday?)

Yes, I'm sorry, that was the one.  :(

I'm afraid I can't keep up with the leaks anymore lol

Considering how often we end up with mangled manuals & sticker sheets in sets I'm expecting to see complaints about bent cards if we do get these.

I'd love the (potential) chocolate frog cards to be printed tiles, but without a five-sided tile piece I don't know if that would look any good.

9 minutes ago, karrit said:

Considering how often we end up with mangled manuals & sticker sheets in sets I'm expecting to see complaints about bent cards if we do get these.

I had that for the Amelia Earhart promo. Luckily I could get them right again, I'm sure some would complain though. 

18 minutes ago, mark1991t said:

Same here, as I have no space at the moment to build them. 

20 minutes ago, KA1 said:

I don't know how you can't open them to check the pieces are all present, even if just to seal them again, assuming you're not intending to keep them sealed for good. I've had so many sets where I have had a missing/faulty part or a misprint/miscolour that I can get fixed, if I was opening some 2018 sets now they could be out of production. 

2 hours ago, Brick Clicker said:

I think the cards being random wouldn't be a smart as only a very small percentage of people would buy multiple of sets to get them all rather than say a blind bag which is much cheap.

It is no point in buying extra sets for the cards, you can just buy the ones that you are missing on BL :tongue:

1 hour ago, LOTR34 said:

I'm more excited about collectable cards rather than gold versions of minifigures.

1 hour ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

Right? This is so much more exciting and unique.

Me too :sweet:

So I've missed a lot (partially due to euro bricks being unavailable to me, which is comforting to know is not an issue only I am facing)

I'm still catching up, but I wanted to put some of my thoughts out

I'm glad to hear that the chess set isn't as expensive, and I can see it being very similar to the 2015 pirates chess (the price and piece counts are almost identically)- As for the d2c, I'm not gonna get my hopes up, but if it is Gringotts I like the idea I've seen here of it being Gringotts and the leaky cauldron. I could even seeing it be advertised as "Diagon Alley endcaps" or something like that. 

Working on a Youtube vid for tommorow with literally everything we know about the upcoming sets and all the details/leaks if that will help anyone catch up or if anyone wants a reminded of everything :classic:

1 hour ago, Brick Clicker said:

Working on a Youtube vid for tommorow with literally everything we know about the upcoming sets and all the details/leaks if that will help anyone catch up or if anyone wants a reminded of everything :classic:

Ooh hope you have some info about the 30€ Hooch set. Excited man, so good you'll clear up the confusion.

3 hours ago, Felkin said:

I'd love the (potential) chocolate frog cards to be printed tiles, but without a five-sided tile piece I don't know if that would look any good.

I'm with you on that. It'd be cool if they could make a pentagon tile piece like they made a heart shaped tile (I have it from the tin man in the lego movie 2 cmf series). I'd almost rather just have the packaging design as the print would be too small for the head of a minifig on a small tile.

Unless they make them much bigger, so I think it's pretty likely it'll be laminated and printed cards.

1 hour ago, Brick Clicker said:

Idk if it's been mentioned on here yet, but there's a new owl print that's been leaked. Some people wondered if it was specifically Errol. I'm leaving towards it just being a generic owl.

Cute print, looks like a barn owl

7074.gif

Edited by deskp

23 hours ago, Zepthire said:

I doubt it would be as small as the 4x4 board from the first advent calendar 

I meant the number of squares on the board not the number of studs. I would imagine the chess squares being 4x4 each and with four of those the board would be 16x16 studs. I think it all depends on if LEGO wants this to actually be something people can play chess with or a Harry Potter playset featuring the chess scene.

As for the cards (tiles or literal cards, I would prefer the latter as they would be easier to ignore) I think my reaction to them will depend exclusively on how many cards there are to collect and how they are distributed. If I could get a full set or almost a full set from just buying the June wave then I wouldn't mind them and would probably even track down remaining cards if I was missing one or two. If there are 10+ cards and some of them are rarer than others then I think this could just be a really annoying gimmick in a year already filled with gimmicks (gold figures, Hogwarts moments, sweater redesigns, etc.) 

They're probably just carboard pentagons but I could also see them being printed 2x2 tiles like the tiles in Vidiyo. 1×1 tiles are too small to have printed characters on them.

26 minutes ago, ToaDraco said:

They're probably just carboard pentagons but I could also see them being printed 2x2 tiles like the tiles in Vidiyo. 1×1 tiles are too small to have printed characters on them.

I think it’s theoretically possible. It’s ideas, but the Community set had a face printed on a 1x1. That said, it may not work for legos standards.

6 hours ago, (Insert Name Here) said:

Idk if it's been mentioned on here yet, but there's a new owl print that's been leaked. Some people wondered if it was specifically Errol. I'm leaving towards it just being a generic owl

It definitely is not Errol he is a Great grey owl and was made back in 2010 and is so far the only owl print they have not brought back after 2018 :wink:

31rkaufhruL.jpg

7 hours ago, MaxHeadroom said:

I meant the number of squares on the board not the number of studs. I would imagine the chess squares being 4x4 each and with four of those the board would be 16x16 studs. I think it all depends on if LEGO wants this to actually be something people can play chess with or a Harry Potter playset featuring the chess scene.

I made a board a while ago that was all 3x3 squares, which is eight studs smaller in each direction. Doesn't sound like much but the overall difference is quite a lot. I used a 1x1 plate in the middle with tiles surrounding it. That was it's easy to move pieces without them getting too attached to the board, as well as being able to rotate as they do in the films. I'd love them to use this size due to space, however 4x4 might be easier to work with, and the same rotating effect could be achieved by a 2x2 jumper surrounded by tiles. 

I never got as far as designing the pieces though, so not sure how accurate the pieces would be. 

The cards sound cool. I’m guessing they might be like regular chocolate frog cards but with the LEGO versions of the characters. 

2 hours ago, Tariq j said:

The cards sound cool. I’m guessing they might be like regular chocolate frog cards but with the LEGO versions of the characters. 

That’s my assumption as well. I’m curious to see how “random” they actually are

I just feel the D2C being an expansion to Diagon Alley is unlikely because DA just released. The set is very expensive. I think it would take at least two years before they would release an expansion to it.