Captain Nemo

Harry Potter 2021 - Rumors & Discussion

What a day! I can always count to waking up to news in the morning but not this, Such a plot twist :pir-tongue: *pulls out popcorn 🍿 *

now to another 30 pages of D2C speculation.

Really looking forward to proper pics of the sets now. Please announce the June sets soon LEGO 

This thread is on fire last few days daaamn. I am sure tomorrow we get some new minifigure leak too.

Edited by Textorix

3 minutes ago, Textorix said:

Oh please not this thing again, that UCS Dobby Sock is my nightmare :D

Nightmare? It would be a dream come true :laugh_hard:

Just now, Textorix said:

This thread is on fire last few days daaamn

That's why it's popular to "advertisers." Best just to ignore and report them. :parrot:

5 minutes ago, BrickFunatic said:

It's been strongly suggested it's a buildable item (possible a Remembrall). 

Yeah, that I know. An actual confirmation would be nice tho - I don't even care WHAT it is, I just very much would like a confirmation of whether it's buildable item or a playset.

4 minutes ago, Textorix said:

Oh please not this thing again, that UCS Dobby Sock is my nightmare :D

Dobby's Sock HAS to be the Buildable Characters...:laugh:

2 minutes ago, BrickFunatic said:

That's why it's popular to "advertisers." Best just to ignore and report them. :parrot:

Am I going to get a virus for watching that video?

11 minutes ago, BrickFunatic said:

Smyths usually has the exclusive in the UK (like the Burrow). 

It's been strongly suggested it's a buildable item (possible a Remembrall). 

I’m still waiting for that to be available elsewhere or at least discounted lol

I have always been on the ‘ June wave is really awesome’ train. And these new minifigures leaks are just getting me more excited. Now that fawkes is $40, that is a lot easier purchase. If the chess set is really the rest of the forbidden corridor that is also good news. No matter what the buildable figures look like, I will not be buying them. They are just one type of set, I just don’t like. 

14 minutes ago, Guyon2002 said:

Now let's see what tomorrow will bring.

ooooooo, very mysterious. I am getting excited. What do people think this means.

1 minute ago, sammy_zammy said:

I’m still waiting for that to be available elsewhere or at least discounted lol

I've genuinely never seen a Smyths anywhere, so if I want the Burrow it;'ll be coming from Lego directly

I can't be the only one that cringes everytime I hear someone joke about "dobby's sock" right?

I learned my lesson from last year. I am not going to buy this "retailer exclusive" straight away from LEGO like I did the burrow last year as it ended up being $40 cheaper down the road at Kmart (apparently not retailer exclusive in Australia) before my LEGO order even arrived.

1 hour ago, bluedog1111 said:

Am I the only one disappointed that things are changing?

Yes

Edit: That was rude sorry :snicker: I’m just really excited we have another surprise in store

Edited by Modal

4 minutes ago, Tommy9 said:

What do people think this means.

I just think he's hoping new leaks will arrive tomorrow. :snicker:

Or maybe @Guyon2002 has a better interpretation on his own statement... :iamded_lol:

1 minute ago, BrickMatit said:

Or maybe @Guyon2002 has a better interpretation on his own statement... :iamded_lol:

He literally answered the question at the top of this page.

6 minutes ago, Tommy9 said:

ooooooo, very mysterious. I am getting excited. What do people think this means.

1 minute ago, BrickMatit said:

This:

16 minutes ago, Guyon2002 said:

Just a statement. We've been getting something for the last few days so it wouldn't surprise me if we get something new tomorrow as well.

2 minutes ago, Modal said:

Yes

Poor guy wanted $250 Lego set to play chess, leave him be :D

Wow, that's some unexpected info.

First, the Chess set. I'll admit I'm a little disappointed that the Chess set will be sub-1,000 pieces, but at least we are still getting it at a good size. Looking back to LEGO's most recent generic chess set, that was about 1,450 pieces, but a significant amount of that went into the base. I suppose that a good chess set of that size at 900 pieces is still feasible, especially if not all of the pieces are brickbuilt (i.e. if the Knights use the standard LEGO horses, and the statues on the Knights and Rooks can definitely be minifigures. The Queen, King, and Bishops should still be brickbuilt, even if they do use minifigure headgear). My worry is that other builds will significantly take away from the already somewhat low piece count. If this set is structured as an expansion, I hope it just has a simple back wall with some keys attached to it (If you detach the chess board, the room becomes the chamber of winged keys. If not, it just adds to the display), and a small 8x8 section off at the far end of the board with the Final Challenge room (essentially the same size as the 2001 version). I'm still a little apprehensive now, but I'll be cautiously optimistic for the time being.

So we can safely say the D2C is not the Chess Set and not a Hogsmade which was originally the rumoured £250 set.  I personally hope it’s a huge Hogwarts expansion or a Grimwauld Place. 

Just now, Legoman123 said:

So we can safely say the D2C is not the Chess Set and not a Hogsmade which was originally the rumoured £250 set.  I personally hope it’s a huge Hogwarts expansion or a Grimwauld Place. 

Hogsmeade was never rumored to be the D2C.

I am actually curious how many pieces a chess set needs—a board only has to be like 65 pieces at bare bones.

On 3/19/2021 at 7:43 PM, Falconfan1414 said:

If there is a gringotts in 2021, I’ll eat my hat

We’re not letting this slide, Falcon :wink:

2 minutes ago, Brickroll said:

I am actually curious how many pieces a chess set needs—a board only has to be like 65 pieces at bare bones.

As an example, 853373_Kingdom Chess was 328 pieces.

2 minutes ago, Modal said:

We’re not letting this slide, Falcon :wink:

Plot twist: He doesn't own any hats :tongue: I've made this joke before, haven't I?

Just now, Lego-Freak said:

Plot twist: He doesn't own any hats :tongue: I've made this joke before, haven't I?

He'll eat the buildable sorting hat.