Captain Nemo

Harry Potter 2021 - Rumors & Discussion

I'm personally much more enamoured with the 2021 summer figs than 2020 summer figs.

- Hogsmeade McGonagall is good, I wouldn't be surprised if it's more accurate than we think given the access LEGO has to source material.  Even if it has used a bit of creative license I much prefer the outcome to an unremarkable black shawl.

- Forbidden corridor Ron/Hermione are great.  I couldn't care less about shirt buttons myself, and they're clear representations of those outfits.  Skirt might have been nice but honestly I always find skirt pieces a bit awkward e.g. CMF Cho/Luna.

- Harry in Gryffindor robes finally is excellent.  That's the main outfit of the first two films, rarely is anyone just in a jumper.  On that note I hope we get the same for the other students including Justin as the moments jumpers are inaccurate to any of Justin's scenes.

- Gold figures are a cute addition, there's not much I'd change at all except maybe the inclusion of Quirrell although he was the second character made by LEGO after Harry (by set number).

- Hooch is great, wouldn't change anything.

- Reused Sinistra face from the leak isn't ideal but just delighted to be getting the character.  I'm more into the books than films personally so not too fussed about the accuracy of a figure with virtually no significant screen time.

- New Riddle is a cool variation.  I get that there aren't stripes on the blazer but LEGO only has so many shades of grey - the stripes are used as a differentiator for a bit of different texture and that doesn't bother me.

- Pixie mould is great, think the eyes are slightly too large and angled but just chuffed to be getting these.

- And now cat Hermione is perfect and we're getting the Slytherin robes again!

2020 sets were great but I had many more gripes about the figures including lack of skirt printing, reused faces everywhere (Bellatrix, Lavendar, Molly, Ginny, Hannah Abbott), odd faces (Neville's lipstick, Cho's skintone), inaccurate hair pieces (Molly, Lavendar, Tonks - although I actually like this figure), reused torsos (Ron in both Burrow and Privet Drive, Vernon).

Perfect minifigure, glad they used robes, not jumpers

8 minutes ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

the new torso

It's not really new. It was in DA

1 minute ago, Legofania said:

And again it's different. On the new one you can see the jumper under the robe

4 minutes ago, Legofania said:

Edit: Ninja'd

Edited by Metanoios91

3 minutes ago, Retro Brick Reviews said:

The Slytherin torso is the same from DA. Only the Gryffindor one is new.

Ups sry my bad :)

18 minutes ago, Falconfan1414 said:

Have we talked about the new cat Hermione that just leaked

YESSSSS. That figure looks fantastic. Minifigs definitely are top notch overall this year. 

13 minutes ago, Legofania said:

Oh I completely forgot that Malfoy was also in that set.

Still, awesome minifigure.

I wonder if the final version will include a tail as well :grin: That’d be the icing on the cake. The regular cat tail piece does exist in reddish brown thanks to the flagship of the third Monkie Kid wave, so it’d be quite easy to include it here :classic: Easier than acquiring it yourself at least :tongue:

Edited by Lego-Freak

Cat Hermione looks wonderful. Perhaps the minifigures will allow us to look back on this wave without complete disdain :laugh: When do we expect pics/figs for the D2C chess to leak? I have to say, the more I think about that, the more excited I am to see what it looks like.

I'm curious if it's an entirely new head or if there's a normal minifig head underneath. If not I'm curious if there's going to be a Hermione head and hairpiece included or not.

At this point we've seen seven figures and if Tom Riddle's legs are the worst thing about them then we've got some very good figures. 

9 minutes ago, mirkwoodspiders said:

When do we expect pics/figs for the D2C chess to leak?

If it's August, then early June, I guess. If Septemer, then early August. Or mid