Captain Nemo

Harry Potter 2021 - Rumors & Discussion

10 minutes ago, drewdotexe said:

Easy enough to customise though, no? 

Not until this piece appears in dark bluish grey. I guess it should be possible to use a cloth skirt, although from the ones that are usable, CMF Cho's seems to be too long, ang Spooky Girl's can be hard to come by

Just like the Tom riddle figure,   They didnt give Rons shirt any buttons.  why?!    his print looks too simplistic...

hary in diagon alley and harry in willow, set both also wore open pattenred shirts, those got a lot of detail,   winkles, buttons, button holes.   Why is the new Ron so plain, i keep being skeptic to the current and future quality of lego's harry potter minifigure designs.

Harry Potter

Harry

Edited by deskp

Minilegogo just updated his insta story with a post featuring the new Ron and Hermione, the Monica... and a new Harry variant with a new Gryffindor robe print. (It's essentially a Gryffindor version of Draco's robes from DA.) I think this confirms that at least Harry will get robes in the Chamber, since I don't see where else these could pop up.

Great to have, both for scene accuracy and because robes just really need to be more plentiful. I imagine Harry and Ginny will have robes, while Colin and Justin get Moments torsos. That way, we get scene-accurate attire for our leads and all four houses will have the new jumpers.

Edited by Retro Brick Reviews
Speculation

CoS Harry apparently reuses the DA robes! Thank god they're still going for scene accuracy with the figures instead of giving us those awful Moments torso's once again :excited:

2 minutes ago, Guyon2002 said:

CoS Harry apparently reuses the DA robes! Thank god they're still going for scene accuracy with the figures instead of giving us those awful Moments torso's once again :excited:

It is a new print, you'll notice that the robes are parted at the bottom to reveal the jumper, unlike in DA when they were fully closed.

3 minutes ago, Guyon2002 said:

It's not a reuse. It's new. You can see the jumper under the rope :)

I had a look through Chaoslego's instagram page, (the one where the quality minifigure photos are coming from) and he has a photo of a Hufflepuff quidditch outfit. Is that a hint at the new quidditch set or just a random photo? Oh the photo was from March I think. 

1 minute ago, Retro Brick Reviews said:

It is a new print, you'll notice that the robes are parted at the bottom to reveal the jumper, unlike in DA when they were fully closed.

My bad :tongue: 

Robe, finally some good news.   Hope this means Crab and goyle at least gets d2c robe.

Since thers 3 slythin robes in that one set, is it too much to ask to get an open one?

My prediction for the Polyjuice set is that Harry and Ron will get the DA robes, while Hermione will get just a jumper. That would match up with the CoS, where it seems as though Harry and Ginny will get robes, while it seems to me that Colin might just have a jumper to match Justin, who will most definitely have a jumper to finish off the set for the Moments style. That way, across the Anniversary line you get 2 robes and 1 jumper for both Gryffindor and Slytherin.

The figs ( so far) are absolutely way better than last years in terms is quality and accuracy. Just shows that the designers actually care about the theme and actually putting effort. Inb4 people reply with, “ and what about the builds” 

Edited by Just_a_brick

13 minutes ago, Just_a_brick said:

The figs ( so far) are absolutely way better than last years in terms is quality and accuracy. 

Oh? which figures did you have problem with last year?

Except for Vernon, they all had accurate torsos last year, we had a heck load of great torso prints, so far there are more issues in 2021 than 2020 had.

I emplore people to go back and look at the 2020 figs theyre pretty good. link

Edited by deskp

Aw, these look amazing! I love the new robes and Ron and Hermione's PS jumpers. :pir-love:

2 minutes ago, deskp said:

Except for Vernon, they all had accurate torsos last year, we had a heck load of great torso prints, so far there are more issues in 2021 than 2020 had.

I emplore people to go back and look at the 2020 figs theyre pretty good.

I think Lego has always done a great job with HP torsos, but 2020 had a lot of re-used faces (Ginny x2, Bellatrix, Molly, Lavender and Lucius) and lack of skirt printing (Bellatrix and Molly x2). 

So far this year, from who we've seen, who do you think has issues?

3 minutes ago, deskp said:

Most of the characters in the Burrow were inaccurate to the scene it was based on. Younger cast in Diagon Alley definitely had inaccurate prints to the film. Mrs. Weasley got two figs with no print on dress or even a new face print. Bellatrix had reused head but was saved thanks to the CMF series. It just seems like more effort was put into the figs accuracy in the 2021 June wave. 

1 hour ago, Lego-Freak said:

That piece only exists in three colours, none of which are all that useful in this context (yellow, dark turquoise, and medium blue). Or do you mean painting it or something? Heresy *oh2*

No I just meant reusing a piece - didn't realise the colour was not available!

Tom, not button print, added stripes for no reason, wrong collar

Ron, no shirt buttons/wrinkles

McGonagall,  wrong clasp, wrong collar color

(if that sinestra image turns out to be the figure, that is entirely wrong)

These are issues with actual pieces they have chosen to make.   if there ends up being more new faces/legs this year thats great, but it doesn't help inaccurate designs.

12 minutes ago, Just_a_brick said:

Most of the characters in the Burrow were inaccurate to the scene it was based on.

All accurate to the location and the film. that is better than a made up costume by lego (2021 mcgonnagall/sinestra)

FYI i still hold out hope that we get an accurate sinestra.

Edited by deskp

36 minutes ago, deskp said:

While most of the figures last year had great torsos, that's pretty much where it ends. The sheer amount of awful face reuses pretty much ruins most of the 2020 figs, and that's completely ignoring other issues like no leg printing, some inaccurate hair colors, etc.

This year, we haven't seen any of that yet, just accurate new prints. The only real issue so far is that Hermione doesn't have a skirt, which you didn't even mention.

Edited by Retro Brick Reviews

I might be wrong, but I think this new Harry will be the 13th distinct variety of Gryffindor uniform since 2018. I've not included the Herbology jackets or Quidditch uniforms. 

Normal jumper, open cardigan, closed cardigan, Harry (gloves), Hermione AC, Diagon Alley, Moments jumper, CMF x5 (Harry, Ron, Hermione, Dean, Neville).

That is impressive, would like to see the other three houses given some love too. 

5 minutes ago, deskp said:

Tom, not button print, added stripes for no reason, wrong collar

Ron, no shirt buttons/wrinkles

McGonagall,  wrong clasp, wrong collar color

(if that sinestra image turns out to be the figure, that is entirely wrong)

These are issues with actual pieces they have chosen to make.   if there ends up being more new faces/legs this year thats great, but it doesn't help inaccurate designs.

All accurate to the location and the film. that is better than a made up costume by lego (2021 mcgonnagall/sinestra)

FYI i still hold out hope that we get an accurate sinestra.

At least these characters got new prints and face prints. Doesn’t excuse the fact that Mrs. Weasley shares the same head as Helga Hufflepuff and why bellatrix doesn’t have at least a front dress print. Most of the “inaccuracies” of 2021 figs you listed are mostly nitpicking but still miles better than the bare minimum we got last year. 

9 minutes ago, Just_a_brick said:

At least these characters got new prints and face prints. Doesn’t excuse the fact that Mrs. Weasley shares the same head as Helga Hufflepuff and why bellatrix doesn’t have at least a front dress print. Most of the “inaccuracies” of 2021 figs you listed are mostly nitpicking but still miles better than the bare minimum we got last year. 

Though last year we had loads of new faces and legs

5 minutes ago, deskp said:

Though last year we had loads of new faces and legs

Like I said, “ Bare Minimum”

Look at DA minifig selection and you will know what I mean 

3 minutes ago, Just_a_brick said:

Look at DA minifig selection and you will know what I mean 

Actually, no. I know people love to complain about it, but I see nothing wrong with the minifig selection in the DA set :shrug_oh_well: Arthur is the only notable omission in my eyes, and expecting random shoppers to be included was a bit far-fetched from the get-go